The Writer's Block Kickstarter

Poetry forum.
Beth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

The Writer's Block Kickstarter

Post by Beth » 04/22/13

This is a cool project one of my friends is hoping to get started. It's a pretty awesome idea and I really hope it gets off the ground. Please spread this to your respective communities.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... ters-block

Scrappers
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: The Writer's Block Kickstarter

Post by Scrappers » 04/23/13

OMG I sooo wish I had the cash to get the lifetime membership. I'm definitely gonna see how much I can scrape together. My first novel isn't selling well, mainly due to lack of publicity. My wife thinks after I finish the second one sales will pickup. It's just hard to get motivated when you don't see much sales..

A pinched nerve in the elbow doesn't help things either. :(

Good thing I'm too stubborn to give up! :-) Thank you for sharing this Bethy. I will definitely be getting in on this with as much as I possibly can afford!

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Post by Erithe » 04/23/13

Scrappers ... why do you not have a sig with a link to your book here on the Raven?

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 04/23/13

Erithe wrote:Scrappers ... why do you not have a sig with a link to your book here on the Raven?
This, 100 times over.

Also, love the project! I'll be trying to put something towards it :)

Scrappers
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Scrappers » 04/24/13

Erithe wrote:Scrappers ... why do you not have a sig with a link to your book here on the Raven?
Erm... :oops: Good question.

Herp... derp.... pamcakes! :wink:

Fixed!

Nikatell
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Nikatell » 04/28/13

Scrappers wrote:
Erm... :oops: Good question.

Herp... derp.... pamcakes! :wink:

Fixed!
*Facepalm* Why didn't I think of this? Now to create a siggy with mine.

Far as the kickstarter, I think the goal may be a bit ambitious, but I really would like to support this and to see it done. Goodness knows that my first book and the RPG I've been working on (Release in june) has been a bear to advertise. Heh, would have loved to have had playtesters and editors who would get back to me.

Beth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Beth » 04/28/13

The company that wants to take this on, is a free-lace web and application company. It's also owned by the man paying my rent. He owns and supports a lot of sites on the net, and he knows what he is doing. He has a group of subcontractors that he works with and farms out as much work to them as he can. He's one of the most honorable people I know. His goal is ambitious, but if he can get the funding to do this, it will completely and utterly rock. Please please post this to your other communities. I want this to work for him, because he believes in it, and I would much rather him be a workaholic on a project he will love and feel good about than the soulless projects he has to work on at times to pay the rent for the people he loves.