TashMonsters Monstrosities

Poetry forum.
TashMonster
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

TashMonsters Monstrosities

Post by TashMonster » 08/24/14

In this Thread, I will post some of my writings that are neither Thelus, Pony, or RP-related

I will endeavour to keep this post as a table of contents.

Comments and critiques are always welcome!

1. Bunny's Mystery
Last edited by TashMonster on 08/24/14, edited 1 time in total.

TashMonster
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: TashMonsters Monstrosities

Post by TashMonster » 08/24/14

((The result of being awake at 5am for no reason whatsoever ))

Bunny's Mystery

The morning sun peeked lazily over the horizon. Early birds twittered and flew about, catching the early worms. The town just barely started to wake up and greet the dawning of a new day.

However, the peace and tranquility of one particular house at the end of the cul-de-sac found itself shattered suddenly by a desperate cry of anguish!

In the kitchen, Bunny danced from foot to foot, wringing her hands as her housemates, woken by her cry and still in their pyjamas, piled into the kitchen in alarm.

"What happened?" Kitty asked blearily, still half-asleep, "We thought you were being murdered or somethin’." Mouse, Fawn, and Dog all nodded in agreement, their expressions a mix of concern for their friend and barely-disguised frustration at being awoken, especially if it was for something silly again.

But for Bunny, the situation could not be less silly, not at all. “Worse!” she squeaked, her big eyes welling up with tears. She tugged on her big floppy ears as words spilled out of her mouth.

“It's just awful! All morning I've been waiting! I found it earlier, when I was out on my walk. It was so pretty and round, sitting there in the bakery window, just waiting for me. Just for me! And the baker even said... said it was perfect for me, like we were made for each other."

Fawn and Dog exchanged curious glances at the word 'baker' but kept listening, wondering if they had just heard wrong.

Bunny wiped her eyes with the back of an ear and snuffled dramatically, "So I left the baker's shop with it, and I wasn't even going to come home with it. I was going to eat it on the spot!"

Dog covered his face with his hand and sighed, quickly realizing that he had not, in fact, heard wrong at all. Mouse, meanwhile, slumped into a chair and quickly fell sound asleep again.

"But I brought it home. I thought… see I thought... the joy of experiencing such a wonderful donut should be shared with my best friends! I was waiting for you all to get up before I ate it." Bunny chewed on her ear and looked at her large feet, then to the spot on the counter where, mere minutes before, her donut had sat so contentedly.

"Bunny..." Kitty began in a soothing tone, but Bunny shook her head and kept talking.

"So we got home and I know that I put it right here on this very spot!" She pointed a trembling finger accusingly at the countertop, which in its own way swiftly denied all involvement in the theft, "And I went to make a cup of tea. But a donut this good needed good tea! So I went to my room to get some. And... and... when I g-got b-b-back..." Bunny's voice quavered and broke, and she sniffed, and started sobbing helplessly.

Kitty sighed and wrapped Bunny into a warm comforting hug, trying to shush her despondent friend, "Shh… there, there, Bunny, it's okay. Maybe we can go get you another donut. I'm sure they have more at the shop."

Bunny sniffed loudly, looking up at Kitty with big dewy eyes, "Ohhh Kitty, do you think so? The baker said this one was made for me... would he have made two for me?"

"I'm certain of it," said Kitty, smiling.

Bunny wiped her arm across her face, her ears starting to perk back up, "Okay Kitty. I... I'll go see. Will you go with me?"

Kitty heaved a sigh but nodded, "Let me go get dressed and then we'll go."

Bunny immediately cheered up. Though she still lamented the loss of her donut, she was emboldened by Kitty's offer of help. A few minutes later, the pair of them left to walk down to the bake shop again.

As soon as the door latched, Dog grumbled about Bunny's ridiculous theatrics and trundled back up the stairs to sleep some more. Fawn remained in the kitchen and looked at Mouse, who peeked her eye open, abandoning her pretend-sleep, and now wore a secretive little grin on her face.

"That was a dirty trick, Mouse," Fawn said scoldingly, hands on her hips, "You know that Bunny's sensitive."

Mouse shrugged and offered Fawn half of the large powdered-sugar-coated donut. Fawn eyed the confection for a moment before quickly snatching it from Mouse as a bright blush bloomed on her cheeks. “But… I suppose… it could have turned out worse."