Lorae's short stories ..

Poetry forum.
Lorae
Regular
Regular

Lorae's short stories ..

Post by Lorae » 03/12/15

I have one I would like to share, many more may come as well .. but for now this is one I had started working on with someone .. and well it's kinda of dead in the water as his wife had an issue with him writing a short story with me ... I think with any female for that matter.
Last edited by Lorae on 03/12/15, edited 1 time in total.

Lorae
Regular
Regular

Sidney's POV

Post by Lorae » 03/12/15

**The setting for this tale is Sidney is sitting across a tavern table from a man named Duncan .. she needs work and he has work to share .. but they need to know where each other stands**

It was when I was 12 annuals that my mother and father where murdered. I remember that day as if it was yesterday, my father was out in the fields plowing when the four men … renegades came up on horseback. They started pushing and yelling at my father … this was when I did as I was told by my mother … “Sidney … you must hide in the floor!” she told me as she removed a piece of the flooring beside her bed. She told me to not come out until her or paw comes to get me, with this instruction I did as she told me … I was so scared that I was in tears, but they were quite tears as I knew my father would be disappointment in me for crying “Tough girls do not cry! …” he would tell me.

The details of my parent’s murder I will not share with you, as that part of their death fills me with so much rage, which is not something that will bring them back. On that day my fate was not certain, of course as a young girl I had learned the duties of a woman in the kitchen and in the home. So I could care for myself when it came to cooking, cleaning, and sewing. But the food supplies would eventually run dry and I would have to figure out another way to fend for myself. It was in the fall harvest season when the food supplies ran out … it was then that I would have to venture into town alone and figure out how to restock my food supplies. Without money the only way to purchase items is with bartering, which would require me to lie to the merchants so they wouldn’t discover the fate of my dead parents.

I know you want to know why I didn’t run to town and tell the sheriff, well that is simple … my family was frowned upon by the church and town when it came to receiving help. My mother and father never really explained the details to me, all I knew was my family was strong and we took care of our own. So I ventured into town with a horse and saddle bags filled with items of worth from my home, I had already prepared a suitable tale as to why I was in town alone with my families possessions.

The lies lasted for a few annuals until the towns folk got suspicious and came to see my parent to discover two marked graves behind the house one for each of my parents. It was on that day I was taken from my home by force and put in the town’s orphanage home. That place was dank and smelled of stale sex and sweat. It was in the orphanage home that I was abused and raped. I vowed to myself that I would get out of that place and one night that is what I did. I ran away fleeing north to another town, and that is where I met Morgana.

(Sid laughs …) Morgana where do I begin … (she shakes her head) Morgana … is a mistress and the owner of the town’s brothel. Morgana must have seen something in me beyond the dirt and filth that stained my face and clothes. But I think it was my age that sparked her interest more, at this time I was I was 17 annuals soon to reach my 18th. Morgana took me in and cleaned me up; she was so nice to me teaching me how to be a proper lady in public. I had access to the finest dresses, stockings, shoes, jewels, etc … after many months of the niceties it became obvious what Morgana was preparing me for. It was on the night of my 18th birthday when Morgana introduced me to a man named Joseph, she explained to me that he was a friend of hers and he wanted to take me out for my birthday and show me the town.

Show me the town … yeah right … (Sid started carving into the table with one of her short daggers) Joseph took me out in his fancy carriage to dinner; it was during that meal that he explained the terms and conditions of this little treat. He told me how Morgana promised him a good time with me it would be nothing like he had ever experienced before. The virginal experience (Sidney stabbed her dagger into the table and grinned maliciously) is what she promised him, and he was set on cashing in on that ticket.

(Her voice cracked with her next word)

And he did, he wasn’t a very patient man. When I didn’t understand my position in this arrangement he took what he wanted and left … dropping money on the night stand as he walked out of my bedchamber door. The next day needless to say Morgana was furious with me and swore I would be taught in the ways of giving pleasure to a man … woman … whatever client walked through her doors. This went on for several annuals and when I reached my 20th birthday Morgana again introduced me to a man, but something was different about this introduction. Morgana had me to pack a small bag of my things and leave with this gentleman caller. However before we left he presented her with a purse of coin, it was at this time I understood what was happening … I was being sold to some.

(Sidney looked up at Duncan)

And this is where my tale takes a dark turn … (she told him as she looked back down at her carving in the table)
The gentleman caller wasn’t really a gentleman … hell he was a monster. After several months of being slapped around, beaten, and raped nightly by this monster I started to feel broken and weak. Until one day I was at the market I noticed a weapons smith forging a fresh batch of small knives. I walked over to the blacksmiths building and watched the weapons smith hammer at this small blade that looked so light that a child could wield it.

I stroked my hand along the small blades and my fingers began to itch to pick on up. When the weapon’s smith asked me if he could help me and if I was looking to purchase a “Dagger” for someone special.. I responded to him that I was just looking but my fingers tingled at the feel of that cold steel on them.. It wasn’t until that night when the monster returned from his card game with his business partners that my mind was fixed on those small blades.

(Sidine ran the pad of her thumb down the blade of the dagger she was holding)

I revisited the weapon’s smith the next morning and purchased a pair daggers, and he looked at me curtly and inquired as to if I knew how to use the blades. Pfft … of course not. He made a deal with me that day that he would teach me the basics on wield the pair. The lessons went on for a few weeks and then one night ….

(She paused and took a long drink from the bottle sitting on the table … she sighed and wiped her mouth with the back of her glove)

Patrick … the monster … came in drunk and pissed … he must have lost his hand at cards, and he was looking for me, when he found me he started grasping at my dress and bodice … trying to strip me of my clothes for his pleasuring. It was then he seen the refusal in my expression and he back handed me. This time he split my lip wide open and blood trickled down my chin. He started accusing me of fornicating with the towns weapon’s smith … telling me that his associates had seen me behind the blacksmithing building with him.
He grabbed me by the back of my hair and jerked me over to the bed and pinned me down and that is when I slipped my hand under my pillow and pulled my dagger from its sheath …

(tears filled her eyes and her voice choked a little)

I plunged my dagger deep into his neck and his blood spilled all over me and splattered the walls and bed.

(Sidney looked up at Duncan once more and the tears will sat on her eye lids, wanting to spill)

I will work with or for you … but I need safety and wages in return, I’m wanted for Patrick’s murder. Unless you feel you need to turn me in for the bounty.. Then we will have issues.

(she fingered one of her throwing daggers twirling between her fingers, as she looked into Duncan’s eyes)