[MC] Fort Huggable: Server & Updates

For players of many different games!
Kesstryl
Visitor

Re: Fort Huggable: Server & Updates

Post by Kesstryl » 04/22/13

On the Technic Launcher the only place I'm seeing for adding anything via URL is the Add New Pack button on the left side. I don't see this on the launcher:
When you select 'custom pack' there is a button to login, and under that button is a field that says 'options'. Click Options and it will take you to the options screen.
Not sure if the launcher is updated with new stuff, but when I input the mods url provided above, I get this "Invalid Technic Platform delivery URL"

Tenebrae
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Tenebrae » 04/22/13

I'll have a look at that.

Edit: The instructions in this thread are outdated, there's a separate thread for describing the installation:

viewtopic.php?f=302&t=30665

I'd be happy to help you via PM if you have any further questions, so let me know.

Kesstryl
Visitor

Post by Kesstryl » 04/22/13

Thank you, the instructions on the link worked!

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 04/29/13

Another stumbling block to 1.5.1 is down, Forestry is now 1.5.1 compatible.

I think all we are waiting on is Redpower, and the twitter for the writer of that says she's spending more time on it.

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Post by Erithe » 04/29/13

What do we get with 1.5.1?

Tenebrae
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Tenebrae » 04/29/13

phpBB [media]

Pretty tame in comparison to what our mods do.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 07/28/13

I got tired and finally put the servers in init.d so they will start and stop with the server cleanly. Next will be to updating them to as recent as I can get them.

STILL waiting on Redpower to update. Fun.

Lyah
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Lyah » 07/28/13

*hugs* Thank you, Shiz!

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 12/10/13

I'm not certain Redpower will be released for 1.5, 1.6, or even 1.7. The mod Author is kind of gone MIA there and updates were few and far between. There are several redpower replacement mods written by others really wanting the same things from Redpower, but none seem to be any sort of drop in replacements.

Which means, I have since reduced the original Fort Huggable down in ram, due to less activity.

I love the previous building so I am not that desperate for ram yet I want to shut it down. But I am not sure if this server will advance past Minecraft 1.4.6 unless we ditch the old Redpower 2 building in favor of another.

It might be fun to switch the previous Redpower 2 for something with many of the same features like Project Red or something else that gives more redpower tools and microblocks. Bluetricity is another thing altogether.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 03/23/14

Something we should probably discuss, is clearing off all the mods on this server. Since the big ones like Redpower 2 are keeping things constrained.

I should be able to strip out the whole series of mods without trouble. All the modded type blocks will disappear.

Either way works for me, I don't mind running both servers. Making it vanilla would mean it would always be up to date.