[STO] Star Trek Online News & Discussion

For players of many different games!
Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: [STO] Star Trek Online News & Discussion

Post by Psia » 02/08/18

Meanwhile, in 2410...
EARTH SPACE DOCK TRAFFIC NOTIFICATION: The historical artifact, Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster, is passing through Earth orbit once again today. Please be on the lookout to avoid possible collisions with this piece of earth history. Starfleet's engineers are headed up now to get Starman playing again, and then we'll send it on its way.
Starman 2410.jpg
Starman 2410.jpg (72.44 KiB) Viewed 219 times
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 02/16/18

At the close of the Iconian War, Starfleet began reassessing its fleet strength. Replacing what was lost to the war. As well as refitting the fleet that remained. The Odyssey-class was expanded to include several variants. The Starship Enterprise, NCC-1701-F, recently completed its first major refit since her launch. She reappeared on the scene sporting physical changes. Taken from across the Odyssey line. Which are subtle except to the most experienced Engineers.

phpBB [media]
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 03/28/18

Color me positively shocked.

The Research and Development Pack is a pack of various R&D resources available on the C-Store for 300 Zen. Basically, better quality resources than might come from mission drops or from the scanning mini-game which make appearances inside of actual missions.

Now every so often, Cryptic offers what they call the Infinity R & D Pack. Which offer the additional chance to loot limited edition starships from retired Lock Boxes past. With the TOS Constitution-class, Klingon D-7 or Romulan Bird-of-Prey for the endgame Being completely unique to this promotion. What some having called this the ultimate trolling by a game company.

I have taken chances every so often with this promotion since its introduction. Having given up on actually obtaining what I had hoped for. I just now bought six (6) Infinity Research and Development Packs due to the Flash Sale being all day. Using mostly Zen obtained as a Lifetime account holder. After eight (8) years of preaching in favor of, begging for, and after having been trolled to death by Cryptic Studios, and having descended into casual gamers pessimism, box number six dropped my hearts desire.

That endgame Constitution-class starship. It is MINE. <3 <3 <3

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 03/28/18

Psia wrote:
03/28/18
That endgame Constitution-class starship. It is MINE. <3 <3 <3