[MC] Fort Huggable: Minecraft Server

For players of many different games!
Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

[MC] Fort Huggable: Minecraft Server

Post by Shizouka » 06/04/13

Fort Huggable Part Deux - Technic Pack Mod Server

Minecraft is a sandbox building video game which allows players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D world. It is currently in development, originally by creator Markus "Notch" Persson and now by his company formed from the proceeds of the game, Mojang. The gameplay is inspired by Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Keeper, and Infiniminer. In order to play on the Raven's Minecraft server, you'll need to be a registered user of the game, see below for details.

This is a new(er) server than the previous Fort Huggable, meant to move faster on updates than previous one did.

Current Version: 1.7.10

The mods included are: Basic Forge, Forestry, Fastcraft, Rei Minimap, and Twilight Forest.

The intent is to have a varied game with more than vanilla minecraft, but not be tied to too many mods that would keep us chained to an old version. The world was also generated fresh from a more up to date minecraft server, which while giving an old world character, old seeds do not transfer well and world generation can be a bit odd from old to new areas.

Instructions:

People who have trouble updating their packs, should open the config for it and "Reset Pack" on the dialog. There might be some old files making trouble.

Server Map

The maps are up and should update nightly here:

http://forthuggable.ravenfire.net/maps/HuggablePartDeux

There are POIs and a limited view of Twilight Forest (due to block differences).

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Last edited by Shizouka on 01/08/18, edited 4 times in total.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: Huggable Part Deux

Post by Shizouka » 06/04/13

The only guidelines for this server should be pretty easy,

Try to give other building areas plenty of space. Everyone likes to expand out, so give a bit more room than normal.

Try to respect other people's building and supplies.

Kirath
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kirath » 06/11/13

So, I have ben playing on Huggable Deaux quite a bit the last week or so. I haven't built anything really of note yet, but then I am very much an explorer more than a builder in Minecraft, it turns out, hehe.

I've mostly ranged South of the spawn point, and East, and have died and lost all my stuff at least three times. The map mod allows for a waypoint to where you die, which helps, but you can't always get back there in time, hehe.

Just about due East of the spawn point I came across a fair-sized desert village, which as my first real project I have taken on the challenge of fortifying against monsters. The first stage was to dig a 4x4 trench around the entire village, in the middle of which I am working on planting a cactus 'fence'. Once I have enough cacti to ring the village I will decide how to build some kind of gate/doorway to make it easier to get in and out. The final stage will be to improve the barrier by clearing and leveling the ground about five or so blocks away from the fence to keep anything from being able to get over it by jumping. Also of course to flood the village with torches to keep any more monsters from spawning inside it.

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Post by Erithe » 06/11/13

This is what I've been working on :D I want to build a city on the extreme mountains and kind of over the swamplands to the north of my main castle and watch tower. I -think- that my mountains budge up against your desert ... maybe.

Tenebrae
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Tenebrae » 06/11/13

I have a hole in the ground and a twilight portal in the swamp!

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 08/09/13

I'm due East of Erithe's claim.

Kirath, in one of my single-player worlds (my most recent and by far my favorite) I started near a desert village...I ringed it with cacti, but I think the villagers eventually ran into them and died. I repopulated it eventually by trapping random-spawn zombie villagers and curing them. Eventually, I built a wall around the town and started filling the town with buildings. As for gates, I used a tutorial and built piston gates.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

I'm looking at +150, -200 to +300, -350.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

+1 because I want an odd number :p

+150, -200 to +301, -351.

If I go out any farther, it will be to the North and East, away from the spawn point. I may have to smooth out some hills around the borders, but not many and not too far--I'll leave it natural-looking.

Also, I'll probably need to farm some sandstone at some point. And there's only one desert...

Thus far, the one thing I miss about 1.6 is the fix to lava. I'm in the habit of filling unwanted spaces with stone by running lava over water.

Kirath
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kirath » 08/09/13

Beldhyr wrote: Kirath, in one of my single-player worlds (my most recent and by far my favorite) I started near a desert village...I ringed it with cacti, but I think the villagers eventually ran into them and died.
Yeah I think I like the concept and the look of the cactus wall more than the actual execution. I will probably replace it with sandstone, eventually. (though so far my villagers have managed to stay away from it at least.)

There is at least one other desert, I know I found one on my Southern trek, though it was a bit smaller than the one I set up in.

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Post by Erithe » 08/09/13

https://forthuggable.ravenfire.net/maps/

If you look on the map here, Beldhyr, you might be able to locate your area. :D

Did you build the giant donut to the north?

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

I'm off the map!

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Hah hah :D Shizouka may need to update it. It can take some time.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Kirath, I was going by Erithe's early map. I see your village now, it's in a newer desert. The little one between me and Erithe might just get paved over with dirt as I/we remove all the sandstone/sand we need from it :p

(Even if I did have to share your desert, I don't like leaving gaping excavations behind.)

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

If you want to know, while in game, which areas I've claimed for future building, look for towers with glow stones on top.

Pretty much the edge of the dessert visible in my map south and west between all the snow. I want to build a GIGANTIC city.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Yeah, I saw those :) And I've got a solid handle on where I am in relation to others.

So if a road leaves my gates and heads to your city, what should it be made of? I'm leaning toward the 3-wide sandstone convention of the desert villages.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Oh, and the Donut appears to be beside Kirath's village, I'd ask him. Also, that's...east, not north...

Kirath
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kirath » 08/10/13

Yes, said donut is my unfinished semi- domed tower.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 08/10/13

Oh darn, the mapping program updated and doesn't like my texture file I had before. I'll get it updated, sorry! Its supposed to run as a script once a night.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 08/10/13

Well, I've made a little progress, but it looks pretty haphazard. I'm still trying out a couple of options.

Hmm, getting a communication error when I try to connect now. I'll try again later :)

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

I'd be interested in a mod list for what's active on this world, mainly so I can look at the new items/materials available.

I presume the Twilight Forest is running since someone mentioned a portal--do the new types of wood from there make slabs and stairs?

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Got it.

Seems the fine people at Overviewer, the map program changed it so that it requires the latest texture packs after an update. I might have to freeze them from my sources list so that it stops updating.

A quick download of a 1.6.2.jar and boom, back in business.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Right now this is our "fasttrack" server, since it has fewer mods than the other Fort Huggable server.

it has Forestry and Twilight Forest mainly. the only other is Rei's Minimap for easy navigation.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Any idea what's causing the communication error?

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Sorry, I was expanding the disk drive in the server, I had to take a few things down. It should be back up now.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

No problem, I figured it was something like that :)