[MC] Fort Huggable: Minecraft Server

For players of many different games!
Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Re: Huggable Part Deux

Post by Beldhyr » 12/05/14

Bug: Daylight Sensors cannot be crafted with Baobab wood slabs. (They work with Dark Oak wood. I haven't tested other forms of wood, but it wouldn't be the first time Forestry left out one of its wood types on a recipe.)

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 12/06/14

Beldhyr wrote:There's a hydra there, and fire jets, and smoking blocks. I'll go back and check, but I'm pretty sure it's a "real" fire swamp biome.

I ran around there to try figuring out if it was a bug or what, its all "plains" the real fire swamp biome is supposed to be red I think. Sadly the TF wiki is down.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/09/14

No bug reports but some new things in Bloodstone Keep:

Cactus factory on Shepherd's Crossing. These are ridiculously effective, but no one needs that much green dye, so it's small.

Brown Mushroom factory on Shepherd's Crossing. It's actually ridiculously slow, it's produced 20 or so mushrooms in a week. I could expand it, I just didn't want to have to make an item elevator (until I realized how simple they are).

Slime Factory beneath the keep. If you need slime come here first; last time I checked, I had 3 large chests full and a steady stream of new goods. I think I put in about 36 large chests in the collection area....

Chicken Coop on Market Street. Still under construction; I'm working out how to make it swankier.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 12/09/14

Sounds good, there are a number of updates and the talk about the slab recipes is that there is debate since the bug is supposedly in Forge.

Fixing one way makes all slabs work, but also lets for transmutation for other woods into Oak slabs. It might not get so easily patched. Wierd.

I'll probably update Forestry later on when things settle a bit more. Nothing outrageous in the reports that demands updating.

My chicken cooker is working away, I might move or bury it sometime. I put a small ice fort up in the frozen desert, its tricky to illuminate that without melting it.

https://akanon.mephitsune.org/maps/Hugg ... 46/max/0/0

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/09/14

Well if we find one of the new plains with ice spikes (or if the yeti biome in TF uses it, it probably does), we can get packed ice, which doesn't melt.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/10/14

Not a bug necessarily, more of a question. Light apparently doesn't pass through half-slabs anymore, not even horizontally, although from what I've read, smooth lighting makes it appear as though it does. After looking around at the jack-o-lanterns under my porches with smooth lighting off, it appears that light still passes through Forestry half-slabs.

(Also evidenced by the fact that I used this lighting technique in several places, and have never had a spawn there. I've had spawns in any place where even a single block within the keep isn't lit, something would've spawned there by now.)

What I'd like to know is if the Forestry people intend to "fix" this at any point. I've been relighting my keep (less recessed pumpkins, more insects), and if it's even a long-term goal to line up the slabs with vanilla, I'd rather build without using a bug. If it's working as intended, then less work for me. If you could pass this on, it'd be greatly appreciated :)

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/13/14

The Coop is finally up and running. I used a bit more complex design for my chicken cooker and made some adjustments to it. There's a lever to switch between eggs and chickens, in case you want to collect eggs to start your own cooker. There's also a lever to switch between raw and cooked chicken, in case you want to gather raw chicken for villager trades.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 12/13/14

Not bad... I still have to move mine.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/17/14

After doing some more exploring, I still think there may be a biome issue with TF. I ran across two biomes, "Lighted Forest" and "Dark Woods Center" or some such. Everywhere else I went was "plains."

The "dark forest center," which had lovely leaves, was actually a "dense twilight forest" biome with the wrong colors. The "dark forest center" biome is, I believe, supposed to be just that, the discoloration of leaves that now appears near an Ur-Ghast tower.

Places I went that were "plains" included clearings (plains), swamp, fire swamp, and tundra.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

New bug: Placing a signed book into the worktable crashes the game.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Just went into single player and explored the Twilight Forest a bit to check. Everything there seemed normal; it's just on the server that biomes have gone wonky. I don't think "plains" is even supposed to exist in the Twilight Forest.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 12/21/14

I have a few things to tweak, I think there was a bit of worktable fixings going on. I will have to peruse the changelog to make sure it wasn't fixed already.

It seems it is mostly plains in TF, not sure what that means. I will have to check the forums later when I have time.

Sorry for missing this a bit, the season has me kinda worn thin.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/21/14

No worries...'tis the season for stress. I also ran across a "thornlands" biome on the server which was definitely NOT a thornlands. I think perhaps only new biomes are showing in TF, although not where they should be, and previously existing biomes are just showing as plains.

This is not the case in a recently-generated single player world using our mod pack. Everything seems normal there. Possibly something lingering in our world files from the previous version?

Regardless, the only noticeable effect I've seen is coloration of leaves and grass, so it's hardly a critical issue. Still, it would be nice to have that beautiful russet grass around my portal in the fire swamp ;)

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/23/14

Found another bug: placing and then mining blocks of bronze (and copper I think) yields blocks of apatite.

Tomias
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Tomias » 12/23/14

Alas, the server is down.. I was on earlier to do some things and then while putting things up, my one kitty wanted attention.. he still thinks he is a kitten... he's not. so jumping on the keyboard resulted in a attempt to go to the twilight forest.. and that is when it crashed for me. :(

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/23/14

Yep, still down...resulting in mild panic upon arriving at work. Gonna be a slow night lol.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/25/14

Server came back up after the morning reset, so all is well. ;)

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 12/25/14

Ack. it was down? I didn't see. :(

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 12/26/14

Okay, Updated Forestry, Technic has been a right twit today and I was a bozo not keeping track of which file was which.

Sorry about that. But things are back up, you should be able to update to the latest version.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 12/26/14

Bug filed on the apatite block from Copper or Bronze. Funny enough Silk touch works for it fine.

What about this worktable thing? I need to try replicating it. Do you have the items someplace I can see?

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 12/27/14

Okay, Got that second bug filed.

Will see the next few releases if it gets fixed soon. Now that Technic is settling down, and even if they are keeping the butt ugly windows 8 look, it should update properly now for us.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/27/14

Yeah, I actually found the working silk touch thing. Helped immensely, because I was using them as a decorative plinth for a new building.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/28/14

All of my Farm Control blocks made with nether brick have transmuted into Farm Control blocks made with stone brick.

...which doesn't look bad, per se. But still, random weird change. And I don't think I'm gonna remake all 192 of them AGAIN. :P

Tomias
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Tomias » 12/28/14

ummm... anyone have the co-ordinates of a twilight portal in the twilight? see I logged in and it promptly dropped me to my death in the twilight and respawned me there.. and I cannot see any twilight portal around in the sky despite many times looking for it. and no portal on the ground either. very annoying to say the least since I can't get back!

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 12/28/14

Oh Bugger, they changed?

also: Twilight portals are here:

-356 x -226

212 x -330

2222 x -388

These are locations in the Twilight forest. You would best add them to your minimap.