[MC] Fort Huggable: Minecraft Server

For players of many different games!
Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Re: Huggable Part Deux

Post by Beldhyr » 01/24/15

I haven't been on lately...I decided to take a break from Bloodstone Keep and try out one of the more intense modpacks for a bit. I'll be back, though...there's still much to be done around the castle. ;)

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 01/24/15

Beldhyr wrote:I haven't been on lately...I decided to take a break from Bloodstone Keep and try out one of the more intense modpacks for a bit. I'll be back, though...there's still much to be done around the castle. ;)

A friend tried to drag me into a few of the bigger ones, like epiccraft. But it was waaaay too full of bugs, crashes and the like.

I kind of like the stability of this one.

I've been kinda busy with a few other distractions. wurk wurk wurk...

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 01/25/15

Undoubtedly :) But since we've got the Technic launcher, I wanted to try out a few of the others. They are excessive, and a lot of the mods obviate other mods in the pack. But a few are nice, and it's fun to play with different blocks.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 01/25/15

If we ever DO decide to add another mod, though...

Bibliocraft is rather fantastic ;) I've used all my gold on making lanterns, and I love the idea of storing books in actual bookshelves.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 02/22/15

What is Tomias' in-game name again? I'm making statues :D

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 02/28/15

Just a note, the server will be down around the 1st of March for a few days as I am moving and getting static IPs might take a little time.

God I hate ISPs.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 03/06/15

Server is back up if you haven't guessed, I got things going a day or two ago, but have been pretty busy.

DNS has changed over.

Tomias
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Tomias » 03/06/15

In Minecraft, I am Primalone.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 03/06/15

Thanks, couldn't remember for the life of me.

Tomias
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Tomias » 03/08/15

server down? ah well... that is what I get for coming up with a idea to use a fire jet for a mob grinder....

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 03/08/15

er, oops. my dns is switched over, the ravenfire one isn't yet.

use akanon.mephitsune.org instead for now.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 03/15/15

Hmm, can't wait to see how that turns out. There might be timing issues, but worth it for the visuals if there's a window or open balcony :D

Tomias
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Tomias » 03/18/15

still cannot connect to the server with that address as well

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 03/19/15

Don't forget the port:

akanon.mephitsune.org:6488

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 03/24/15

Decided to explore the forest last night, found some new items, and crashed the server.

Apparently attempting to use magic beans will crash the server :P I went into a single player world and it looks like they don't actually do anything. Probably a WIP for TF.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 03/24/15

Twilight Forest bug: While exploring in creative mode, I notices some reward chests in small and large (presumably medium too) hollow hills were spawning the treasure without the chest; the items were scattered on the ground. I think it might be all chests in the small hills, because I didn't see any actual chests, and only half or so in the large hills.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 03/24/15

Interesting. I should update the server to the latest stable release and see.

I've been cleaning up things in the house from the move, dumping tons of E-waste. You can only hold onto so many AT-PS2 Adapters.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 03/29/15

Whew! Found the problem. I was a doofus not saving the firewall configuration.

Helps when you change IPs, that you save the default firewall config.

Also: Updated Forestry to 3.4.0.7 stable, Twilight forest to 2.3.5, and fastcraft was updated.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 03/30/15

Haven't been exploring much, I took a break to play a questy pre-gen map.

I did get on long enough to check our TF. The biome bug still exists (also checked a newly generated area, discovered a "firefly forest" that's reading as a plains biome). One thing about this bug, events on the magic map show up double. Two symbols for each slightly displaced.

I'm not a programmer, but my best guess is that somewhere in our world save file, the old biome numbers still exist. There's gotta be some residual data that wasn't wiped from TF when you reset it. As I mentioned before, it's not happening in single player.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 11/06/15

Firefly Jars now have a light level of 15, instead of 8. This means that they now make really great lamp posts, especially with walnut fences.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 11/07/15

Has anyone been by Bloodstone Keep lately, and did you notice unusal lag? I think my slime farm might be causing more lag than it's worth.

Maelgrym
Resident
Resident

Post by Maelgrym » 11/09/15

Me and my kiddo dropped by several days ago. There was some lag on the trams, but I am unsure if we visited Bloodstone Keep (we weren't on for a tremendous period of time to explore).

Is there any protocol we need to follow for finding little areas to flush out and claim? I know there are several large swathes of land taken and I didn't want to make a shack where a freeway might be laid :)

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 11/09/15

First off, check the map:

https://forthuggable.ravenfire.net/maps ... 149/-5/0/0

In the upper right hand corner you'll see "Markers" -- make sure you turn on both Towns and Marked Locations. The only location not specifically marked is Erithe's town, which is between Bloodstone Keep and Erithe's Castle.

You could head NE or NW and get clear of anyone's projects pretty quickly, I think, or SE beyond Kirath's. You could even go due east, between Bloodstone Keep and Primalone's Retreat, with plenty of room to spare. It depends on how far out you want to get. Edit: Southwest has fairly clear spaces, too, and you could build close to an existing railway.

Once you get established, let us know where so we can talk about connections. Also, stop by the embassy in Bloodstone Keep and get a starter kit. :)

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 11/10/15

In unrelated news, my moonworm queen is missing. If anyone grabbed it out of a chest in Bloodmoon Keep...I need it back.

Also, someone seems to have blazed a trail outside my walls, taking moonworms and/or fireflies that kept the grounds lit. Please don't do this...it's going to take a lot of work to recalculate where I need to place lighting.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 11/10/15

In more positive news, I have now bred all four new trees from Forestry. They're actually kind of exciting.

Cocobolo: Blood red wood with a unique pattern, dark gray bark.
Ipe: Wood planks have a unique brick-like texture, and the leaves are a brilliant yellow.
Padauk: Similar to vanilla acacia; they might pair well together.
Zebrawood: Another unique plank pattern. I can see this being wallpaper somewhere.