[MC] Fort Huggable: Minecraft Server

For players of many different games!
Tomias
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: Huggable Part Deux

Post by Tomias » 11/14/15

*grumbles* damned death by lag.. lost some nice diamond pickaxes to that along with a bit of track and ores. But the bow I will miss the most though... Got back to the spot and proceeded to get killed by some damned hard hitting zombies and creepers with machine gun fire rate skellies. Might be on my end but still annoying... ah well... time to grind some new gear

Tomias
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Tomias » 11/17/15

oh and yeah Bloodstone keep is very laggy! I would guess it is the slime farm but then again it may just be my computer..

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 11/18/15

It's the chicken coop. I switched from cooked to uncooked a little while back, and when I logged in today it was worse than ever. Turns out the lava/water switch didn't work and there are like 800 chickens there. Trying to kill them now.

It doesn't explain what was laggy before, unless it was just too many chickens (I think it was under 100, but still). I've had experiences where someone bred more cattle and turned my slaughterhouse into a lag factory when the water was on, so I'll check there too.

On the debug screen:
E: 830/1300

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 11/18/15

Ok yeah, 300+ cows. That was causing some issues, because even with the water off, once I got into the slaughterhouse I could barely move.

Chickens are all dead. :p

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 11/19/15

Ok, so cows are down to about 100, which shouldn't really bother things unless you're in the slaughterhouse. Chickens are all gone. Slime farm is completely disassembled (which involved removing 5784 slabs). I still have lag in Bloodstone keep, though, and it's area-specific, because I don't really have a problem in Twilight Forest.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 11/23/15

This could be a solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEi-tKr ... e=youtu.be

I just put furnaces over the 100 or so hoppers used as piping in the slime farm. We'll see if it helps. I don't think I can do the same in the flower factory without a complete rebuild; the auto-sort system has a lot of hoppers in the roof.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 11/30/15

We now have a blaze farm.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/03/15

Still at 7fps in Bloodstone Keep. Up to 15-20 south of the keep, and higher elsewhere or in SP. Still trying to figure out what is causing it all.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 12/03/15

Ack, let me check things. There is likely a few updates I have to push.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Alright. I have two trees to update to.

There is the 3.6 tree for forestry, and the 4.2

I am doing testing and I think I can move things to a newer version of forge to start, and update the server to the 3.6 as well as a minor update to Twilight forest.

The jump to 4.2 removes a bunch of wood types, so you might have to replant a number of trees. I saw several missing ones.

So, before I make that jump, I can try doing a shorter update to the 3.6 latest.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Server is updated and back up. Run the update in technic and you should get right back in.

I'm updating forge as well in prep for the jump to 4.2 if we want to. Last solid update in that line was a month ago so there might still be more ahead.

Else, I have to do more looking into 4.2 to see what they are doing.

Again, these are all STABLE releases. As much as I would like to help in development, I am not sure I'd want to drag everyone through the constant changes.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/04/15

The Twilight Forest biome bug is fixed! :D I now have wonderful blood-red foliage around my portal.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 12/14/15

I was looking around the Blaze farm, and thinking we could build another twin farm very close to get double spawns. I was also doing some measurements and the best spot for a wither skeleton farm would be right outside the blaze farm--but that probably won't be a good idea since spawns will be limited by the spawns in the blaze farm. I would like to build a wither skeleton farm, though. Our server needs beacons.

Beldhyr
Resident
Resident

Post by Beldhyr » 01/11/16

Bugs:

1. Sequoia Stairs and Giant Sequoia Stairs* uncraft into Zebrawood Planks (in the TF uncrafting table).
2. Sequoia planks (fireproof) do not make stairs.
3. Humus cannot be silk-touched, instead it drops dirt.
4. Whatever block Bog Earth turns into when it becomes peat can't be silk-touched. Instead it drops dirt and a non-block item "peat."
5. Letters are craftable but not uncraftable. (I don't know if that's a bug or just incompatibility.)
6. Forestry leaf blocks do not stack (at least for Date Palm; I didn't do extensive testing).

*I think Giant Sequoia is still not implemented for Survival mode, it's creative only.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 01/20/16

Well bugger.

Moving to a new place, bad part is that ISPs are very crummy in the new area. One place is offering cable, but at $20/static IP. So I am going to be tweaking things around a bunch.

The services might be down a few days after the 27th depending on what it takes to move and reset things up with fewer IPs.

Welcome to the Digital dark ages.

Tomias
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Tomias » 02/06/16

damn, still down? ah well. will have to think and plan a bit more of my next projects then..

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 02/06/16

Sorry! I had to scramble to get some kind of internet in the place, and I'm having to deal with an ISP that has static IPs at $20/ea.

So, I'm going to be doing abit of magic when they actually give them to me. Which hopefully is monday. :(

My mail server is still down... bleah.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: [MC] Fort Huggable: Minecraft Server

Post by Shizouka » 02/15/16

Okay!

I have moved the minecraft server inside my network and have it being routed at the firewall. for now:

akanon.mephitsune.org:6488

Though its a dynamic, its not changed since. I am hoping to get my static IPs soon, but they are taking waaaay too long.

I still have to figure out my mail server.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: [MC] Fort Huggable: Minecraft Server

Post by Shizouka » 08/25/17

Been a bit busy on other projects a while. Mostly been trying to make sure things are running for those who want to play still.

Been looking into some updates for the server. Right now the hangup is Twilight Forest. Which I really like but not sure how much others do. It seems to add in a lot of fun questy type stuff people can get into.

There is a push to code up a 1.11.2 version of Twilight Forest (original author is involved). And Forestry has an alpha for that version too. Might be interesting to see how far they get.

Its a big jump since there are likely a LOT of changes in forestry alone, not all have at times been so easy to port over. I know a few bug reports I filed and fixes were done at our behest. I'm sure they'd be happy to have a game again that files decent bug reports and offers info they can use.