[SC] RavenCorp

For players of many different games!
Attamark
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

[SC] RavenCorp

Post by Attamark » 12/06/13

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... anizations

Over on the Star Citizen site they are starting to roll out organizations here soon, and I was curious what all my fellows who look to be out in the verse think of how we should be organized, our name, and a variety of other things.

Tell me your thoughts! (And RavenCorp is just a placeholder name if we want to change it :D )

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Re: [SC] RavenCorp

Post by Erithe » 12/06/13

Looks good to me, Atta! :D

Attamark
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Attamark » 12/06/13

We need things like Logos and banners and the like, so be on the look out for things you think might work too (Or our great resident artists can try their hand at these things :wink: )

Be sure to read up on the article too and tell me if you think we should do things like be open or closed (I assume open and we can drag new folks to the site :D ) or if you think we should be a collective or more top down?

Tash had the idea of "Clarkson Arms, a division of RavenCorp." or "Mercy's Daring Deliveries, a wholly owned subsidiary of RavenCorp"
Are we a bunch of separate small/ independent businesses in a conglomerate? Think on it! :)

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 12/06/13

I like the idea of RavenCorp as the umbrella corp.

If we're able to have the umbrella corp and sub-corps, that would be awesome. I'll have to see what SC comes out with for corp perks, before I can set a plan.

I'll be doing heavy amounts of industry, likely all the way up to large ship building, if that's a thing. If there are perks to storage and industry, I'll either go with the smaller business model or have an alt who has the Holding Corp for my goods.

I guess the big question is, how many people plan on having their businesses, versus being a pilot traveling light?

Szlak
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Szlak » 12/06/13

I'll take this opportunity to summarize my aims for SC.

I am interested in operating a squadron specialized in ambush warfare, reconnaissance/surveillance, and general covert ops. I hope to invest goods, time, and knowledge on industrial pursuits with the aim of enhancing combat capabilities. Working under a parent corp would be ideal, if it fits.

I'm thinking a haven for the more... eccentric characters.

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Post by Erithe » 12/07/13

I think I'll start a Tumblr for my own little business, too. Still thinking of a name to add to Ravencorp.

Attamark
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Attamark » 01/21/14

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/RAVENCORP

The Organizations went online today and I set up an account for us! Apply to join or give me your handle and I'll send you an invite and we'll start to set everything up! :D

Be looking this over and be thinking about what we want to put in our charter, manifesto and history too!

Rakkoth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Rakkoth » 06/04/14

The Arena Commander module's released! It's pretty spiffing if you haven't tried it out yet. Joystick control is a little sensitive, but it works pretty good otherwise. Go try it out if you haven't!

Deltam
Patron
Patron

Post by Deltam » 02/03/15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtaMTIQuwA8

I imagine this playing as we do our thing.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 10/17/16

How has this turned out for everyone?
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 10/17/16

Psia wrote:How has this turned out for everyone?
Good question. Ask us again sometime next year, after the game has been released. =P

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 10/17/16

Tregarde wrote:Good question. Ask us again sometime next year, after the game has been released. =P
I now see what you mean.

https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/10/15/her ... citizencon

Here's Why We Didn't See Star Citizen's Campaign at CitizenCon

phpBB [media]
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations