The Borderlands

For players of many different games!
Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: The Borderlands

Post by Tregarde » 10/26/14

Just found another thing that makes the Pre-Sequel so awesome...

So, the intro to the Pre-Sequel actually starts after BL2, and main game is a huge flash-back with Athena narrating what happened on the moon. Occasionally people from "now" will comment or ask questions during the game. Eventually the game ends and you get a short epilogue that ties a few things from then and now together.

Being a Borderlands, after you finish on Normal mode, you can start over at True Vault Hunter mode. When you do this, the comments from "now" are completely different! A character who missed the narration the first time asks Athena to tell the story again, and another asks her to make it sound like things were tougher.

And those new comments... golden!

So, not only has the Pre-Sequel made it so I want to replay it, on each character, to get all their stories... now I want to do at least one run at TVH mode to get all the new comments!

Aerumnous
Patron
Patron

Post by Aerumnous » 10/29/14

I think one of my favorite things about the franchise is the fact that they haven't really changed their formula for success; they've taken the same game that people have enjoyed, changed up the characters, tried to develop the story, added a few gimmicks with items (new slag type, now lazers/oz-kits) but never truly changing what the game is about.. beatin' up baddies with guns.

As with most games of similar genres (maybe excluding the FPS portion), the game will get better with patches. All of the bosses not being farmable, legendaries being most easily collected via vendors... meh. *shrugs*

It's a great game and I've devoted myself to a fair amount of hours, but I'm already waiting on new patches or DLC.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 11/13/14

Latest trailer for Tales, now with Patrick Warburton's voice!

phpBB [media]

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 02/03/15

phpBB [media]

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 03/23/15

Episode 2 of Tales is out, and so far I've really enjoyed it. It really captures the sci-fi comedy Mad Max feel of the Borderlands, while giving us a new way to interact with the world instead of just shooting people in the face - interacting with others and using your wits is more important than guns. It follows Telltale's typical gameplay, so if you've played any of their games you know how it works. The writing and voice acting has been top notch, and filled with many hard choices along the way. Like any Tellatle game, you'll probably want to play it through more than once just to see how making different choices effect things.

There's also been appearances by characters from the previous games (particularly BL2 and The Pre-Sequel), and references to things in the first game. Playing the previous games certainly isn't necessary to enjoy Tales, but it will help to fully understand a few things here and there.

I'm refraining from posting an Episode 2 trailer because all the ones I can find contain too many spoilers.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 08/28/15

This could be awesome news. Lionsgate is looking into making a Borderlands movie.
Or it might suck. Or might be somewhere in the middle. Depends who they get on it.

https://www.gearboxsoftware.com/communi ... ng-a-movie