[AoC] Ashes of Creation (MMORPG Coming 2018)

All manner of fun stuff!
Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

[AoC] Ashes of Creation (MMORPG Coming 2018)

Post by Psia » 05/31/17

Ashes of Creation Homepage

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Developed by San Diego-based Intrepid Studios, there are several former developers who had worked previously for SOE/Daybreak. Clearly the influence of the ill-fated EverQuest Next can be seen here. I can't know until after launch if this should have been EverQuest III or not. But I do wonder.

They initiated an All or Nothing Kickstarter with a goal of $750,000. As of this posting, the funds generated have reached $2,792,884.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: [AoC] Ashes of Creation (MMORPG Coming 2018)

Post by Diera » 05/31/17

Please let this not be vaporware. Please let it not be vaporware.

It looks really good and takes a lot of the concepts I loved from EverQuest Next, but I'm holding my breath for now. Every time I get too excited over a new MMO that has stuff that would be great for RPing, something goes wrong. Good to see they far surpassed their funding goal, though.

Ijaka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Ijaka » 05/31/17

I was following this on Kickstarter, but it got to sounding like way more than they could conceivably deliver. Particularly with all the stretch goals they chalked up.

If anything ever comes of it though, I'll happily eat those words someday.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 06/01/17

It's easy to make promises, much more difficult to deliver. But I'll be keeping my eye on this, because if they can deliver it could be a lot of fun to play.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 06/08/17

"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 11/01/17

Glorious Citizens of the MMORPG genre. As part of our open and transparent development process, we are showing you today an EARLY look at our first testing environment called Alpha Zero. This is a Work in Progress and rough look at what over 60 developers are hard at work preparing Ashes of Creation's Alpha Zero. There are many internal testing phases that will lead up to our Closed Alpha One launch in 2018. The team is grateful for your support and enthusiasm for Ashes, and we promise not to let you down. With Love, - Steven
phpBB [media]