[WoW] Hello Warcraft, My Old Friend...

For players of many different games!
Calris
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

[WoW] Hello Warcraft, My Old Friend...

Post by Calris » 01/28/18

So, after somewhere around 5 years not playing the game ( Other than poking my head in on a free trial period of WoD, I hadn't played since a couple months after Pandaria. And even my Pandaria time had been brief. ), I decided to check out WoW again. At first, I was severely disappointed at how leveling had become a "faceroll" rush: Most mobs dying in one or two hits, dungeons were a steamroll run with no challenge or communication ( Not because of the cross server LFG, but because it wasn't necessary and slowed the run down ), flying through zones long before finishing the zone's storyline, etc. Honestly, I wouldn't have hung around....

BUT! I got wind of the patch in the works. It went live a couple weeks ago and revamped leveling completely! XP was tweaked, mob health was tweaked and, most importantly, all zones now have level scaling. "Old world" zones ( Except newbie zones which only scale to 10 ) will scale to 60, all with a bottom level so you can't rush to Plaguelands at level 1... The expansion zones also scale within appropriate level ranges. Mobs actually live long enough to post a challenge if you pull more than 2 at once. Even 2 can be an issue sometimes. Dungeons, while still far easier than vanilla, actually take some care: Tanks need to actually learn to tank, healers need to be more on the ball, etc. It's lovely, IMO.

Naturally, there's a segment of players having fits over it, though. The "there's no game until end game raiding" crowd HATES these changes. But the majority of players seem to enjoy the fact that levels 1-100 actually feel like a game again and not just a hurdle to be gotten out of the way asap. So, I may hang around a while again.

Hit me up at Tyggs#1939 if you want to catch up. I play on Wyrmrest Accord. Now that I have a phone plan that includes mobile hot spot, I can even play during the week when I'm on the road. ;)