Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Open roleplaying fourm for S3.
User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 01/03/15

I apologize, but for the next two weeks (January 5th and 12th) I will be unable to run the CP weekly event, and Sibelle is unavailable, so I am cancelling both. I have had a death in the family, and the surviving widow will be moving into our home. So we are simultaneously preparing for a funeral, preparing the house for a handicapped occupant, and searching for a new home better able to suit our needs. Basically, I will be very distracted for the coming weeks and don't want to do the injustice of having to cancel the event at the last minute if RL needs me.

I will try to be back as soon as possible, and I will keep everyone updated. If you need to talk to me about anything with the CP and I've ninja afked in the ShoutBox yet again, please, drop me a PM here on the boards. I generally spot them fastest, and will respond as quickly as I am able. Thank you for your patience.

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 01/18/15

We're ba-ack! Morenin will be your Storyteller for the rest of January, and February. Sibelle will be rejoining us in March if possible. As always you can PM Morenin or Sibelle for more information on the Civil Protectorate affiliation. For January and February, please PM Morenin if you need information about events.

The CP will resume event nights on our new day and time of Mondays at 8:30PM EST starting January 19th with a closed event. Something odd is going on at a CP outpost in the jungle, and the strike team is being sent to investigate! This will be a combat event.

Monday, January 26th will be an open event as we resume the story of the necromantic patchwork Hildy. Come help the investigations and fights as the threads begin to unravel. This will be an investigation and combat event.

Monday, February 2nd will be a closed event that will be a little lighter. A member of the Drycan government is visiting, and the embassy has requested he be shown around Terminus. Naturally, the city is sending it's best people to act as escorts/ tour guides! This is a social event.

User avatar
Vela
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 696
Joined: 03/01/12

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Vela » 01/19/15

I wasn't aware when we took a vote on moving the event day that we'd be changing to an even later time as well. Sadly 8.30pm EST is 2.30am for me and I'll need to leave before the event is over in order to go get ready for work. It was insane for me to be sitting up through the night anyway, so I'm going to retire Ivor from the CP for now and lie in wait for unaff. daytime events :)

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 01/19/15

Would moving it to Saturday at that time help? Our previous time was too early for one of the Storytellers on weekends, and on weekdays is too early for most of the people working in the middle and western sections of the USA. A weekend at a later time should be doable for the Storytellers.

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 01/20/15

We are going to be keeping Monday as CP night, but to make it easier for several members we're moving the time back an hour. That means that starting Monday, January 26th we will be meeting at 7:30PM EST/ 6:30PM CST/ 5:30PM MST/ 4:30PM PST (and technically Tuesday at 12:30AM for GMT). Sorry for all the switches folks, this should be the final one, at least for awhile.

Sibelle will not be rejoining us for the foreseeable future due to the vile monster Real Life. For information and questions about the Civil Protectorate affiliation, both Sibelle and Morenin (and the many alts thereof) can answer. Questions regarding events and day to day go to Morenin. I can be reached in the ShoutBox (though I occasionally ninja-afk), and by private message here on the boards, usually responding within a day of recieving a message.

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 06/29/15

The CP is now meeting every other Monday. The exact schedule is listed on our event thread. In September and October I will be taking trips, so the schedule will be a little odd. We WILL be having 2 events a month.

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 07/23/15

The Storyteller apologizes for the delay in communications. Moving has been insane, needless to say! Now that I'm settled in we're going to have a more stable schedule and will begin meeting every Thursday starting next week. For a full schedule, please see the event thread in the Events forum. Feel free to PM me with any questions (relevant to the CP *stares at Drake*).

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 01/21/16

Okay, we are starting this thread up again. Kindly assume if you don't read it, I won't elaborate what's in it. I will be posting summaries of events here for CP people to review, in file like form, as well as updates regarding cancellations and special events. I will still have the main event thread up. If you are not CP, you cannot use any non-public information.

Your current CP Storyteller is Morenin, who can be contacted by private message here or on the Shout Box. The event channel for CP games is #th.CP which is in the Shout Box. We run both open (anyone can come) events and closed (CP affiliation only) events. Our current meeting time is Saturdays at 9:30PM EST, lasting around three hours.

Questions and concerns about the faction can be directed to Morenin.

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 01/23/16

The event on 1/24 ran long, so we will be continuing part two on 1/27 at 9PM EST. This will be a CP only event, but CP members not there for part one can jump in on part two. Drop a PM to the Storyteller!

The Lonely Mountain- Part One:

(This information is CP only, please do not use it in character unless you have a CP affiliated character who could read the file.)

A mysterious arcane energy signal has been detected in a peculiar mountain in the middle of the jungles of Nirva. The squad was given a rust bucket airship to go check it out, but Mirabelle immediately noticed it needed repairs, lest it fall out of the sky. With Dex’s help, the tinkering shiara quickly whipped the airship into shape and the squad was off to the location, a mountain with no foothills, no bordering mountain range, as if it had simply been dropped there. The great age of the mountain was noted, and a seam between the mountain and the ground it sat on was obvious, as if it had been dumped there, no plants growing on the mountain at all. The squad landed the airship in a nearby clearing and approached the mountain on foot.

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 01/27/16

The Lonely Mountain- Part 2:

The mountain that was the destination for the CP squad turned out to be surrounded by a field stopping time itself. While the group argued about what to do, Dex took action, trying to land on the mountain, and ended up stuck as well. A simple barrier sapper turned out to be the key to freeing him. A hidden passageway led to the lab of someone not seen for a thousand years.

Talamir, father of teleportation, inventor of the void ship, and last mayor of Kevar was caught within another time stop. After freeing him, Mirabelle was the only one to recognize his name and was quite aflutter. The group headed back to Terminus with the elven archmage, who was in shock over the state of modern Thelus. Comments about a stolen beacon design were made, so the Guild of Navigators may be getting a visitor…

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 01/30/16

When Animals Attack- Part 1:

While on routine maneuvers with a new member of the squad, the Special Task Force was sent to investigate a case of wild animals attacking a caravan. When they arrived on site, they found tracks indicating that the horses of the caravan left peacefully with attacking big cats. To top it off, the wagons stood unharmed but empty.

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 02/07/16

When Animals Attack Part 2:

With some tracking work from Mandos, and the excellent senses of Dex and Mirabelle, the caravan thieves were quickly located. They turned out to be a pair of druidic elven teenagers. Some diplomacy from the ladies and hash words from the gentlemen finally convinced them to surrender. They turned out to be child refugees who fled burning Lythvalen by homing rune and had been waiting for their parents in the jungles of Nirva for nearly a decade. Mirabelle promised to help them find their father, and the stolen food items were delivered to the CP.

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 05/14/16

Last time on CP:

(9:33:38 PM) CP_ST: || Last time the CP special squad went out, they ended up digging up the grave of an ancient, murdered necromancer. During the investigation, a rather elven looking abyssal elf tried to steal the petrified skull that was found, and for his trouble ended up on fire and stomped. His mother must be so proud.
(9:34:45 PM) CP_ST: || Now that he's been hauled in to the CP and healed, he's laying in a cell, awaiting interrogation... to which the squad has been assigned.
(9:37:23 PM) ***Linia waits outside of the cells, firing up a stogie. "I suppose..." She pauses, pushing smoke out her nose. "That Mandos will handle this?"
(9:40:08 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel watches the group thinking a bit. He looks at Linia, "Pondering how to best crack this guy... what all did we find on him? Any clues to go on?"
(9:40:27 PM) ***Mandos walks into the room, wearing his plate armor and great battle blade, his helmet under his arm. "I should. Interrogation isn't one of my strongest skills." He grins, his abyssal features taking on a dark caste as he glances at the broken man. "Does Terminus have rules reguarding interogation?"
(9:40:47 PM) Mirabelle: "I would have thought this would be something that Intelligence handles," she muses with a bit of a sigh, not liking the prospect of the forthcoming interaction. With paws resting on her tool-belt she frowns a touch at the others, thin tail twitching erratically at her heels. "Let's just try to do this without resorting to base violence, if we can," she puffs, with a look after Mandos.
(9:41:48 PM) ***Tesori looks at Mandos for a long moment "I will heal if there are any broken bones"
(9:41:55 PM) Tesori: If you would like
(9:42:51 PM) ***Mandos looks at Mira and smiles. "I only break enemies on the battlefield, as I did when I landed on his back."
(9:42:54 PM) ***Grace waits with the others "I just did his last round of healing, lets not go overboard."
(9:43:49 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks at Mirabelle, "I expect the CP wants to keep things in house. Else General Morenin's headache would be carting him off."
(9:45:30 PM) Grace: "See what's odd to me is that he speaks really good sylvan for being an abyssal. Do have a name for this guy?"
(9:46:48 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel sniffs a bit, looking at the cells, "I want to know more about him. I don't like the idea of going in there with nothing."
(9:46:56 PM) Linia: "All the standard rules about torture and so on. Though, we can use magic that does mental interrogations, mind-probes and so on. Matter of getting before an ombudsman, and making it a priority investigation. So, we need to exhaust our own possibilities first."
(9:47:34 PM) You are now known as Abyssal_prisoner
(9:48:32 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner is starting to come around, groaning. Even with healing, he has to hurt. A pair of blue eyes that look shockingly normal but for the cat slit pupils open and turn towards the group.
(9:48:54 PM) ***Mandos nods to Linia and turns to look at the prisoner. "Hey, you have a name, or shall we just call you citizen?"
(9:48:55 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel goes to check on the items the man was found with, examining for any clues...
(9:49:09 PM) Mirabelle: "We-ell, what did they find on him, to begin with?" she queries, rubbing at the back of her nodding and eyeing the cell as the Abyssal begins to awaken.
(9:49:53 PM) ***Tesori follows behind Dex_Tavrel and assists in seeking out any clues
(9:50:33 PM) Grace: "Im not sure he *Is* a citizen. My vote is we call him 'Prisoner.'" she shrugs matter of factly
(9:51:51 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner squints at Mandos and goes a little paler blue, apparently recognizing him. He doesn't answer the question, instead asking, "Where am I?" in perfectly accently Common.
(9:53:38 PM) Tesori: Shall I look for any mental defects?
(9:54:11 PM) Grace: "Cell Block 2187." she replies
(9:55:30 PM) ***Linia shoots Grace a look. "That's normally reserved for rebels and traitors."
(9:56:47 PM) ***Mandos sighs and frowns deeply, shaking his head. "First things first. You are in the custody of the Terminus CP, for numerious crimes, including grave robbing, resisting arrest, attempted murder. Now, your name?" He starts to examine the man, carefully reading the clues of his form to determine what he can of the man. (analyse target: 11)
(9:58:28 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner stares back at Mandos, not answering, before looking around at the others.
(9:59:28 PM) Grace: "Well, we didn't find any papers on him did we? And he premeditatedly attacked CP personnel," she asks Linia rhetorically "So, technically.."
(10:00:01 PM) ***Linia grins deviously at Grace. "So, technically, he doesn't exist as far as anyone outside of us is concerned. Devilish of you, Grace."
(10:00:11 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel is still checking with the jailmaster to see what was found on his person...
(10:01:04 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "Who did I supposedly kill?" He finally asks, though he's been listening to Grace and Linia.
(10:01:28 PM) Mirabelle: "Well, technically, all he did was fly in and grab a skull," she observes with a tiny frown at Grace, one furred brow raising a fraction, though quietly enough that the prisoner would not hear.
(10:01:32 PM) ***Tesori steps up to the prisoner behind Dex and looks him over, searching for a clue on his clothing ((Awareness - Clues 9))
(10:02:24 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel wanders back, carrying a small labeled box. He sets it down and nods to Tesori.
(10:02:26 PM) ***Mandos clears his throat. "Attempted murder. Is it your contention that you have no memory of the events in the graveyard?"
(10:03:30 PM) ***Tesori returns the nod and asks "will you open it?"
(10:04:37 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel opens the box, showing a few coins, an elvish earring, and a small unmarked key.
(10:05:28 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner stares at Mandos, then goes silent, curling his wings about himself protectively.
(10:08:06 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks back as he studies the prisoner, giving the air a bit of a sniff for any clues to his mood/temperment...(( Awareness 14 - Smell ))
(10:09:22 PM) ***Grace gives a slightly exasperated look at the mouse when the prisoner looks away, of course she knows that, but the idea is to get the prisoner off balance.
(10:11:47 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel tilts his head as he studies the elf. "How about we start from the beginning... what is your name friend?"
(10:12:38 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "Prisoner, apparently." A burst of smart assness, though he looks a little afraid.
(10:14:00 PM) ***Tesori takes the small key from the box and holds it up in front of the prisoner "This belongs to us now. Now be a nice gifter and tell us where to use it"
(10:15:53 PM) ***Mandos looks at Dex and frowns. "Do we have an oubliette?"
(10:15:54 PM) ***Grace assesses the abyssal before her with something past sight, and a cold look on her face at the sass (Read Aura 16)
(10:17:12 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel glowers. "Smartass... We were there investigating several grave desecrations... and while we were there you fly down to steal a skull... I don't take it you were there trying to tidy the place up."
(10:18:16 PM) ***Grace also tries to pick up any ticks depending what buttons are pushed (awareness 12
(10:19:08 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "Weren't you telling me a story? One with a murder in it?"
(10:21:43 PM) ***Tesori carefully probes the prisoner's mind searching for any mental malady or memory loss damage ((arcana - heal mind 16))
(10:23:44 PM) ***Mandos growls and his tail lashes out grabbing the prisoner and snatching him up to the bars suddenly. "We are asking the questions, boy. NAME!" (athletics 13)
(10:25:44 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner squawks, suddenly face to face with Mandos and looking none too happy about it. He's extremly light in Mandos's grip as he ties to push away from the bars.
(10:27:09 PM) Tesori: Steps back "I detect some necromantic energy in his mind" She looks to Mandos "could that explain his memory loss?"
(10:28:15 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel snorts, "Or just being a pratt."
(10:28:16 PM) Linia: "Ooooo... what if he was dead at the time? Literally dead. If I kill you, I can control you. But if I kill you just the right way, I can bring you back, after.... and you have no memory of what you did while you were a corpse. You know, like someone who drowns in a cold lake, but is brought back?"
(10:28:54 PM) Tesori: That seems logical
(10:29:46 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel moves up next to Mandos, "... See boy... our time is kinda nice. And you're making my friend miss a good meal with his wife... so I really think you best start cooperating so he calms down, kay?"
(10:30:22 PM) ***Grace shakes her head and mutters to the others low "He's not necromatically attuned, but there is some mor's sticking to him.. a possession seems a better fit.."
(10:32:04 PM) ***Tesori holds up the key again and speaks gently this time "Do you know what this is?"
(10:32:06 PM) Mirabelle: A blink is fluttered after Linia's suggestion, one of her furred brows raising. "I, uh... Hm. What if he's a homonculi? Or, whatever our target was attempting to do with that woman that had had dead flesh grafted to her?" This, again, is said low so that the Abyssal would not hear.
(10:34:40 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "I don't have memory loss!" He squeaks. "I know what a key is!"
(10:34:51 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel gestures to the prisoner with a hand as he leans casually on the bars next to Mandos, "See.. I once saw him get so angry.. he actually reached in... pull out a guy's liver.. and show it to him... I mean... what do you do? I had to go throw up..."
(10:35:03 PM) Tesori: What does it unlock?
(10:35:49 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: ((Dex, roll Influence for me.))
(10:36:02 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "...a door, what do you think?"
(10:36:04 PM) Dex_Tavrel: (( 15 ))
(10:36:31 PM) ***Mandos just continues to hold the prisoner, allowing Dex to tell any old story he wants. The veteran warrior wearing his grim face, mostly because his deep seated dislike of necromancy.
(10:36:38 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner is now eyeing Mandos as if afraid a body part might pulled off at any minute.
(10:37:07 PM) Tesori: Mandos, I believe I have a taste for liver and onions for my dinner this evening. I seem to be fresh out of liver though. Would you please?
(10:38:18 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "... you wouldn't. This is Terminus."
(10:38:36 PM) ***Tesori turns back to the prisoner "Of course I will forgo dinner this evening if I have a door to open instead. Would you mind directing me to the particular door this key opens?"
(10:39:12 PM) Mandos: "Are you claiming citizenship?" His voice is flat and grim.
(10:39:36 PM) Grace: "Keep giving us lip kiddo, and I'll keep you alive while he does it, and then I will strip the abyss right out of you and your wings with it. You're clever, you weren't comfortable defiling the dead and playing in the dirt so you started the job and got us to come along and investigate and finish it for you. Smart you aren't though, if you dont think those of us who busted our asses and the 700 year old forger of empires here, take
(10:39:37 PM) Grace: exception to being made a fool of and having to chase you down. So, wise up and start talking, starting with your name, why you want the skull, and the story behind the key."
(10:41:07 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner is visibly frightened now, looking back and forth between them all, finally shaking his head. "All you can do is kill me, he can do worse." He tries to sound firm, but it ends on a squeak.
(10:42:33 PM) ***Mandos spreads his wings a little, his red eyes growing angry now. "Are you sure that's all I can do, boy? Are you willing to gamble your soul on that truth?"
(10:42:34 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel rubs his eyes tiredly. "Geez kid. See... if we get tired of this we just call in Doctor Rakkoth... But I don't like him making puppets of everything. its messy and often smells. You want worse than death? Try being the homunculus tasked to pass butter at the dinner table."
(10:43:11 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: ((Mandos, give me an Influence roll))
(10:43:23 PM) Mandos: (10)
(10:43:57 PM) Mandos: (presence.)
(10:44:21 PM) ***Grace leans and and speaks softly "Worse than never being able to fly, and feel the air laughing around you as you soar, ever again?" she asks in a cold whisper
(10:44:37 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel actually mimes an empty eyed, slack jawed look and holds his hands out, as if proferring something.
(10:46:10 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner looks at them and looks like he might start crying. "So I'm fucked either way!" There's a bit of an accent slipping in, and it's not Drycan at all.
(10:46:49 PM) Mandos: (Polyglot, can I place it?)
(10:49:13 PM) ***Mandos arches an eyebrow and shrugs. "You're a criminal, so what do I care? Just some lost kid far from the Lythvalen village he was born in."
(10:50:15 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner 's expression turns from fearful to shocked, staring at Mandos.
(10:50:46 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks askance to Mirabelle...nodding.
(10:52:16 PM) Tesori: If you just tell us what we want, we will not hurt you and will put you under protection. If you do not you leave us no choice
(10:55:40 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "I was just supposed to get the stupid bones, I don't know anything!"
(10:56:24 PM) ***Mandos sighs and lets go of the boy, dropping him without ceremony. "Start from the beginning."
(10:57:16 PM) Mirabelle: "I rather doubt the Doctor would do all that... I mean, he rarely uses his necromancy from what I've seen. He prefers scalpels and bone-saws and the like, a more 'hands-on' approach as it were... Ah, so to speak," she murmurs, blinking back after Dex, then clearing her throat and looking a trifle uncomfortable with, well, everything, right about now. Interrogating youths is not her field!
(10:57:52 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel moves back a moment but leans down to whisper at Mirabelle...
(11:00:06 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel steps away to look at the items the youth was caught with... poking the earring.
(11:00:32 PM) ***Linia sighs and rubs a hand against her forehead. "This whole thing has had me freaked out from word 1."
(11:01:03 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner scrabbles away, watching them fearfully, starting with, "She just said- hey, that's mine!" He yells at Dex.
(11:02:44 PM) Mandos: "No, its the Cp's now. Will probably eventually be auctioned off once you are rotting in a cell somewhere."
(11:03:35 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner 's blue face mottles purple with anger and he actually glares at Mandos.
(11:03:50 PM) ***Grace cocks her head at that.. "Now that's curious, let me guess, it was your mother's?
(11:05:21 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks at the prisoner and sets it back down, his face stony.
(11:05:35 PM) Mirabelle: The wee Shiara starts a trifle, both of her ears fluting out to the sides. Her comment might not have been the most soothing, come to think of it, and Dex's comments does ring a bit true. Fluttering her paws in a descending, calming fashion, she chimes, "Alright, alright. I think he's got the idea that he is in more trouble than he is readily aware of. Now, dear," she summons one of her better smiles, pitter-pattering closer to the
(11:05:36 PM) Mirabelle: cell bars and giving him a gentle peer, "It's evident that you are not the individual we are looking for. And you should probably realize by now that, loathe as I am to admit it, my companions are legally entitled to do, well... Various things that I would really rather they not. You are frightened of someone with necromantic powers - I know someone who is the best darn necromancer I've ever known of, and you're in the presence of
(11:05:36 PM) Mirabelle: people who have faced down things even from the Void. It would really be dreadfully nice if you would work with us on this, and goodness knows if the circumstances allow you can get out of this without being in too much trouble. What do you say, dear?"
(11:10:18 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "No, it wasn't my mothers," he says a little snappishly, though he doesn't inclined to say who's it was.
(11:11:28 PM) ***Mandos nods to the boy and looks back at the earring. "Good, then you won't miss it when its sold off to melted down."
(11:11:48 PM) Tesori: I do not believe you fully understand your situation here
(11:13:09 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "What do I have to tell so you don't?" He's eyeing Mirabelle since the rest don't seem to be on the same page.
(11:14:04 PM) Mirabelle: "You could start with something simple - Your name, for instance, dear. If you are up to it, you could tell us how you got tangled up in this mess." A disapproving eye on the others.
(11:14:21 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel waits, listening...
(11:14:39 PM) ***Mandos nods to the small woman, looking back to the boy.
(11:16:32 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "Ianur." He mutters the elven name softly enough it's difficult to make out.
(11:18:02 PM) Mirabelle: "Now we are getting somewhere." The mouse turns, peering after Dex then looking toward Grace and Tesori. "Does the earring have any enchantments or the like on it?"
(11:19:08 PM) ***Tesori examines the earring ((awareness - clues 13
(11:19:19 PM) Grace: ((arcana 13
(11:21:10 PM) ***Tesori looks back to Mirabelle "I do not believe it is magical at all. Perhaps it has a mechanical function?"
(11:21:32 PM) ***Grace shakes her head at Mirabelle "Who is this 'She' you spoke of?"
(11:21:35 PM) Linia: "Or some invisible glyph?"
(11:22:57 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "Syna. My cousin."
(11:24:03 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse moves to gently pluck the earring from Dex, giving it a look over herself. Small as it is, it could be used to hide something in it, as Tesori suggested. (14 cunning + all the related mechanico-skills! )
(11:24:40 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods some. "She sounds important to you." He leans against the wall, arms folded, voice softer.
(11:27:33 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "It's not her fault. He told her to tell me to get the stupid bones." As much muttered as spoken.
(11:28:12 PM) Mirabelle: Turning about, she moves to the cell doors, and quite boldly holds her arm through the bars in offer, the earring in her paw and her large, black eyes on the Abyssal.
(11:29:40 PM) Tesori: Mirabelle?
(11:29:44 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner pauses as if in disbelief, then lunges forward to grab it as if the cheap earring was somehow the most important thing in the world.
(11:29:54 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel is still listening, hoping for more. He watches Mirabelle, almost as if half expecting it, but not protesting or letting any disagreement show,
(11:31:19 PM) Mirabelle: "We're not the bad guys, dear," she retracts her paw, which clasps with her other in front of her. "We are trying to find them before they do any more harm to anyone else, though."
(11:31:42 PM) ***Mandos steps back to stand by Dex, crossing his arms. His work was done, now the soft touch of Mira was what was needed.
(11:32:26 PM) Grace: "Where can we find her, and who is this 'He'?" she looks down at Mirabelle offering it with an unreadable expression
(11:33:17 PM) ***Linia eyes Mandos as the prisoner goes for the object. "Huh.... maybe a reminder of leverage someone has over him?"
(11:34:02 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods some at Linia, looking for the prisoner to say something first...
(11:34:14 PM) ***Mandos nods to Linia. "Some sort of Geas placed on it?"
(11:34:17 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "Uncle told her to. And he'll kill me once he realizes I'm here."
(11:35:24 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks around, "Sounds like you are in need of help."
(11:36:11 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner scoffs. "You can't do anything."
(11:36:46 PM) Tesori: If you tell us who this man is, we indeed have resources to protect you
(11:36:47 PM) Mandos: And why is that, Ianur?
(11:38:15 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner shrugs. "He's uncle. Maybe great grandmother's, I don't know. And he has my blood. He'll use it to do something to me."
(11:39:04 PM) Grace: "A young fool in love," she says to Linia and sighs"Im assuming Syna's father, the son of Shalyn, Heretic of the Fields?"
(11:39:58 PM) ***Mandos spits and frowns, growling out a single phrase. "Blood magic."
(11:40:56 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel chuffs a bit. "Lady T'chall is offering help from some very skilled people... if there is anyone who can help.. she knows them."
(11:40:57 PM) ***Grace looks up in alarm at that "Fuck! Remote scying and blood magic Mirabelle toss a disrupter in there until we can transfer him to a warded cell."
(11:41:29 PM) ***Linia eyes Grace and rubs her chin.
(11:41:42 PM) Linia: "You're usually not so bitter, Grace."
(11:42:07 PM) Tesori: This is an affront to a healer Linia
(11:42:46 PM) Tesori: We consider something like this especially disgustful
(11:43:28 PM) Mirabelle: "Blood mag- Oh dear." One paw flits to her ear, tapping to the communicator there-at, "I'll have the Asylum send someone over, if not the Doctor himself..." Her other paw delves into her tool-belt, withdrawing a disruptor grenade as she glances over. "Are you certain there isn't a fail-safe of some sorts in the event of such a thing's use?"
(11:43:49 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner watches the sudden panic with a certain grim amusement. As if he expects to be dead at any minute. "Not Syna's father. He's always been around."
(11:46:19 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel takes a step back, "Did we get the cells warded against such stuff already?"
(11:47:19 PM) Grace: "Im saying if he has his blood then he can fill him remotely and look though his eyes, it explains the mors exposure around his mind,
(11:49:25 PM) Tesori: This man can see us all now? He has seen the entire interrogation?
(11:49:47 PM) Grace: "Im guessing so, Im hoping a disruptor could prevent a lock of a Doom spell if we time it right.. the only other way I know how to prevent blood magic is to drain it all from the body..."
(11:50:18 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel motions to Mirabelle, "Toss it... tell your friends to get down here." He looks at the prisoner,
(11:51:19 PM) Mirabelle: "Alright..." The mouse has already sent the message, and now triggers the disruptor and rolls it into the cell before backing away so as not to be caught in its radius. She looks a trifle uncomfortable doing it, though.
(11:51:55 PM) Grace: "Someone go run grab General Malific, she'd probably know and might have a way to stop it.."
(11:51:56 PM) ***Tesori quickly takes several steps back
(11:52:10 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner shakes himself, blinking a few times. He stares at the disruptor but doesn't touch it.
(11:52:36 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel stays clear, he has his hand in his jacket as well, he seems to be counting down once the disruptor goes off...
(11:53:05 PM) ***Linia nods to Grace. "I'll go fetch her..."
(11:55:04 PM) ***Grace looks to the boy "You never did answer my question directly.. do you know if he is?" she asks before the thing goes off
(11:56:30 PM) Abyssal_prisoner: "Can't be sure." A little shrug. "If he is I'll be dead in a minute or two. The ritual has to take at least that long."
(11:57:59 PM) Grace: "Do you know why he wanted it?"
(11:59:05 PM) ***Abyssal_prisoner shakes head. "Syna just told me to get it. I was already late."
(11:59:47 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel waits and watches. He still seems to be timing the effects of the grenade, hand on another in his jacket, ready to toss when the effects wear off enough.
(12:00:47 AM) ***Tesori looks to the others "We may have to be prepared for this man to come here"
(12:01:59 AM) ***Mandos nods and puts his helmet on, strapping it on under his chin, but keeping the visor up for now. "Gods, I hope so."
(12:02:38 AM) Abyssal_prisoner: "...does this mean I'm going to live?" He looks genuinely shocked at the idea.
(12:02:57 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel takes a moment, "Kid... just so you know, I really want to help you. We're doing whatever we can."
(12:03:46 AM) Tesori: So what now?
(12:03:52 AM) ***Grace is quickly trying to arrange a transfer to a totally nullified cell though the lockup staff
(12:04:53 AM) Abyssal_prisoner: || The transfer team arrives, moving faster than you'd expect. "General Letherin said we need a nullfield transfer?"
(12:05:48 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel points at the kid in the cell. He shakes his grenade. "Still have some time before I use this again on him..."
(12:06:44 AM) ***Grace nods "Blood magic, and we can only assume a doom spell inbound. Like to keep him safe until we can get the bastard with the button."
(12:07:05 AM) Mirabelle: "We're certainly going to do our level-best, dear," she smiles encouragingly to the Abyssal, then peers after the arriving team, thin tail twitching lightly. "Yes, quite so, please," she chimes... while keeping a keen eye on them. "That was quite brisk, hmhm~"
(12:08:28 AM) ***Tesori watches the boy go and shakes her head "a shame"
(12:08:32 AM) Abyssal_prisoner: || "General Letherin came to find us personally..." is mumbled. "General Malefic is on the way."
(12:09:42 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel blinks and slicks his headfur back and straightens up.
(12:10:06 AM) ***Mandos looks at the team and nods. "We're coming with you. Not letting this kid out of our sight until he's in the null cells."
(12:13:23 AM) ***Grace nods and helps escort the kid to the new cells, hoping they can keep him alive through this and have him lead a long long life.
(12:14:06 AM) ***Tesori follows behind the others
(12:16:30 AM) ***Abyssal_prisoner doesn't give the least trouble as he's transferred, clutching at the earring like it's his ticket to... something or another. FInally, he's settled in the null magic cells.
(12:18:25 AM) Abyssal_prisoner: ((Do you all have more questions, or shall we end scene here? :)
(12:18:37 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods to Mirabelle, "Maybe there is some way to trace this guy back from the magic.. You know how itchy I am to having.. the doctor in here... but... what is needed... is needed..."
(12:19:24 AM) ***Mandos looks at the boy in the Cell and frowns again. "Now, his name and where to find him. If you ever want a chance to walk the streets again, we need to know."
(12:20:17 AM) ***Lyah arrives/me arrives in due time, the general looking every bit the face she had twenty years ago, though hardened with two decades more of bitter experience, and more pricey brand of cigar she shares with Morenin. As she makes her way in now, she mutters around the cigar between her lips. "Alright, what's all this then?"
(12:20:27 AM) Mirabelle: "He might... Goodness, he isn't that bad - I mean, yes, he's a bit dour and not the best conversation, but he means well enough," she murmurs to Dex through a small, relieved smile, glad that the youth (such as he is) was transferred without incident.
(12:20:57 AM) Abyssal_prisoner: "I don't know his name. He's... Uncle. I think he's too old to HAVE a name..." He trails off when he sees the General Malfeic, shrinking back in the cell.
(12:22:33 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel straightens up as the Generals come in. "We have a lead in that case... Kid has some kind of blood ritual on him. was the guy I... set on fire trying to steal the skull..."
(12:22:58 AM) ***Lyah drags heavily on her cigar, and pulls the smoke in. because who needs lungs when you're dead? She exhales it out, and looks over the man in the cell. "Hmmm... guilty of betraying your principals to save people who won't recognize the man you've become. And an elf no less. You get to spend -centuries- hating yourself."
(12:23:30 AM) ***Lyah looks back at everyone else. "So what precisely do you need from me?"
(12:24:00 AM) ***Abyssal_prisoner blinks as he's called an elf as if it was new and odd.
(12:24:12 AM) Grace: "Blood magic, General, I was hoping you might have some insight." she asks Lyah ((and More)) when she gets there "It was that or have you mostly drain him to avoid the worse of the curse as a last ditch thing if we couldn't transfer him into a Null cell in time"
(12:24:44 AM) Lyah: "You want him cured?"
(12:25:00 AM) ***Tesori nods "Yes General"
(12:25:15 AM) ***Mandos let's his face go stone cold at Lyah's statement. Not having spent much time around the General and only knowing her by reputation, he's not certian who her barb is really aimed at. "Cured, and maybe used to trace back to the souce and put and end to it, General."
(12:26:23 AM) ***Grace pauses to look at Lyah after her statement to him with a vague curiosity before shaking her head slightly. "I figure the only way to do that is to get the Necro behind it.
(12:34:53 AM) ***Lyah nods her head. "Understood. Manos, blade." She flips one arm out, palm up, waiting.
(12:35:35 AM) ***Mandos takes out his knife and hands it to her, handle first. "Knife, General."
(12:36:12 AM) Mirabelle: The mouse frowns. "Keeping him alive would be a nice thing," she observes.
(12:36:39 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel watches the kid, the Wolfen pockets his disruptor grenade and watches, He makes sure his back is to the prisoner as he watches the exchange, the look on his face half expectant, half sympathetic.
(12:41:17 AM) ***Abyssal_prisoner is staring at the knife, eyes wide, trying to back up THROUGH the wall of the cell.
(12:42:42 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel folds his arms, speaking, "Kid... you want to live to see this through? You want to see her again?... you want to get back at that madman who did this to you? This is the eye of the needle. You pass through.. or not."
(12:43:02 AM) Lyah: "Wouldn't it just?" She answers Mirabelle and whips the blade across her wrist, sharply enough to cut through the skin, and veins. With a little BAMPH of a teleport, she steps through the bars, and yanks the elf's head back. "I have a messenger from the goddess.... she says to live." With that, she shoves her blood wrist into his mouth.
(12:43:51 AM) Mirabelle: "Whoa, wh- We're going to just let this happen?" squeaks she, quite alarmed.
(12:44:20 AM) Tesori: I am sure the General knows what she is doing .... right?
(12:44:30 AM) ***Tesori she looks around to the others
(12:45:02 AM) ***Mandos nods to Mira, standing stock still. "Yes, we will. She is a commanding officer, and acts in the name of her post amongst her race. We will do nothing to stop her."
(12:46:49 AM) ***Grace nods in agreement with Mandos, mute and faintly transfixed by the scene in front of her
(12:47:34 AM) Mirabelle: "... that doesn't even make sense," she scowls at Mandos, paws flexing restlessly. "You're condemning a boy from one brand of slavery for another."
(12:50:18 AM) ***Mandos shakes his head. "Not slavery. He will have a life, it will have rules, and it breaks the blood magic over him. As she said, he will have centuries to hate himself." He turns and fully faces Mira. "When the gods touch your life, they change it forever. For good and for ill. What you were before is not what you are after."
(12:51:47 AM) Grace: "Only one of the 6 Vampire Lord can create another vampire, this is different, one bloodmagic overwriting another if I’m not mistaken"
(12:52:13 AM) ***Lyah grunts. "I haven't drained him. My blood, heals.... counters blood magic. I cannot make vampires. Only my lady Malignance can do that."
(12:52:20 AM) ***Abyssal_prisoner chokes a little on the blood, swaying and sitting down with a bloody mouth, blinking a few times.
(12:53:27 AM) Mirabelle: "That," she points into the cell, "Is not a god. You didn't even consider getting a necromancer or even someone from the Ordo in here to see if they couldn't negate this blood magic in some other way than, than this?" Her expression is vastly disappointed, and more than a little annoyed.
(12:53:46 AM) ***Mandos shrugs, not having paid much attention to the vampire courts in his time. "Even better then, right, Mira?"
(12:54:02 AM) ***Grace nods to Lyah "Thank you General. We'll get started on tracking down the Necromancer."
(12:54:35 AM) ***Lyah nods, and growls around the cigar between her lips. "This still hurts,someone get me a bandage."

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 06/02/16

Tracking the Bodies, part 1:

(9:32:54 PM) CP_ST: || The prisoner has given you an address to go with the key, mentioning that one of his cousin's had told him to bring the ancient necromancer's skull to that place. A ramshackle little building in the Alrik district, the key said to open the door of the basement apartment.
(9:33:52 PM) CP_ST: || What you can expect to find there the prisoner isn't sure, as it's the first time he's been summoned to the place.
(9:36:56 PM) ***Mandos straps on his helment and turns to head out of the cells, taking a moment to tap his comm disk and clear a channel to his troops. "Get the men geared up and have them standing by for rapid deploy." He looks at the others and mounts up onto his stallion. "In case we have a breakout."
(9:39:31 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel grunts a bit and adjusts his armor. "Fun... " he follows along, collecting his remaining gear.
(9:40:36 PM) ***Grace straps her armor back on, getting kitted out for a fight just in case. She nods back to Mandos, "We should meet a block away, then move quickly, and get inside. Hopefully before they know we snagged the kid. I have little idea what, if any, kind of arcane signature breaking a bloodmagic curse does."
(9:40:58 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse checks the breech of her rifle as she pitter-patters after Mandos, both of her broad and tall ears pinned back against her crown. "I don't think I like this," she murmurs, still irked something terrible by the treatment of the prisoner, "It could too easily be a trap. And if this necromancer is using blood
(9:40:59 PM) Mirabelle: magic... Think we'll have to be very careful, indeed. All he needs is a pinprick, I'd wager." The noisy clacking of her rifle chambering a round sounds up, and she slings the thing over her shoulder before moving on to examining her satchels of demolitions and grenades.
(9:42:16 PM) ***Linia grunts a bit herself, fires up a stogie, and double-checks her triple-check of her rifle and then all of her other belongings, and keep her eagle somewhere on overwatch high over the city, just in case she needs a lift of some kind.
(9:43:42 PM) ***Mandos offers Mira a lift up. "all the mroe reason to end this quickly. This matter has been going on far too long."
(9:46:03 PM) Mirabelle: The Shiara graciously accepted the lift. "Do you really think this could be the end, though? If it were me I'd send a proxy to pick anything up... Probably something large. And explosive."
(9:46:58 PM) Linia: "Far too long, and without any kind of sanction. Certainly not the CP or nobility, not the Abyssals, not even the Syndicate. So this is either a solo player, ancient evil, or foreign power. Or just a fukken psycho."
(9:50:39 PM) Grace: "None of those are comforting thoughts." she nods to the others and follows Mandos and his horse to the Address in quesion
(9:53:07 PM) Linia: "Sorry, Grace... Mandos is too taciturn to be the pessimist of the group, you need a loud talker for that."
(9:53:50 PM) CP_ST: || This part of Alrik more closely sticks to it's roots as part of the old "Blight" district, though busy enough until you draw up to the building, a feeling of unease coming from anyone hurrying past.
(9:55:43 PM) ***Mandos chuckles. "I don't know many cheerful stories that apply."
(9:57:15 PM) ***Grace rolls her eyes though smiles faintly at the black humor. She nods to the armored hulk of abyssal to lead the way and passes him the key as she scans the building for anything that might tip her off, noting the glances of those moving past (Read auras 14, Awareness 6, Analyse Arcana 15
(9:57:15 PM) CP_ST: ((Awarness rolls please
(9:57:46 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks around as he walks through the streets. (( awareness 16 ))
(9:58:00 PM) Mandos: (11)
(9:59:09 PM) Mirabelle: ( 10..plus hearing :O )
(9:59:16 PM) Linia: (( 13
(10:00:33 PM) Grace: "Place is like a Mors magnet.. people who pass by here often are dusted with it."
(10:01:33 PM) Linia: "Great, like standing under an Abyssal when he spooges the Abyss all over you. We need to put up signs or something."
(10:03:54 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel flicks his ears. His eyes darting around a bit but he looks to Grace. "Keep your eyes peeled. I think... we might be being... observed."
(10:04:03 PM) ***Mandos frowns and shakes his head. "we'll need someone to clean the place after we're done." He dismounts and offers Mira a hand down before spike his reigns to the ground.
(10:05:43 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel snorts while watching the house. "Got a fly on the ceiling to our six..."
(10:06:13 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse hops down from the mount with Mandos' aid, silently grateful for the stability of her overalls in this endeavour. She frowns a tiny bit as she eyes the building, her tail twitching at the rear of her up swept ankles. "... Oh, dear," she sighs, pulling her rifle into a ready cradle in her arms.
(10:09:03 PM) ***Grace turns her head to give Linia an odd look at the off color commentary, and uses the opportunity to look behind them. "Well Mandos I think its on you, lets raid the place."
(10:11:32 PM) ***Mandos nods to Grace, hefting up his shield and drawing his battleblade. "Keep me covered." He moves a few feet to the door and suddenly charges it powerfully, barreling his armored weight straight at the door.
(10:12:54 PM) CP_ST: || The door breaks open with barely any resistance, apparently as run down as the rest of the building. A stench of decay and embalming materials is released with the door open.
(10:13:13 PM) Linia: "I like the raid part of this... finally get to go in and bust some chops," she says as she lets out smoke. "Awww... I was hoping for explosions and a firefight."
(10:14:24 PM) ***Mandos scans the room, shield up and blade ready. (awareness 14)
(10:15:32 PM) CP_ST: || The room is filled with tables covered in various sorts of gore, but there is a lack of bodies, living or dead.
(10:16:55 PM) Mandos: "There's a way into the Dark from around here. We need to find it."
(10:17:03 PM) ***Grace breaths though her mouth trying to avoid the worst of the smell, she covers Mandos unsheathing her own blade as she follows him, being on the lookout for trouble or clues.
(10:17:20 PM) Grace: ((awareness 14
(10:18:02 PM) Mirabelle: Twining the strap of her rifle around her forearm to help keep her aim steady and the weapon from inadvertently leaving her grasp, the mouse does as asked, keeping Mandos covered. A scrunch of the pert lil' nose follows at the stench of decay, though it's something she's admittedly grown accustomed to by now in
(10:18:03 PM) Mirabelle: various ways. With large black eyes surveying the room, she murmurs, "Basement, yes? That's what the key is for?"
(10:19:26 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel frowns, glaring, "what a hellhole..."
(10:20:58 PM) CP_ST: || The scent of the Dark is undeniable, but where it's coming from isn't visible in the first search.
(10:21:14 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel tries to look around, hand over his nose, searching for any clues to where the key goes as he looks... ((Awareness 19 ))
(10:21:33 PM) CP_ST: ((The key went in the door Mandos bashed down :)
(10:21:41 PM) Dex_Tavrel: (( ahh missed that ))
(10:21:41 PM) ***Linia pauses at the door, checking behind her and out into the street, pushing smoke out of her nose to cover the smell she is getting. "Sheesh, anyone have a spell to air this place out?"
(10:23:37 PM) Mirabelle: "Eugh... Well, let's get to looking?" she suggests, pausing long enough to fit her gas-mask over her little muzzle. May not help with the smell, but if there's any toxins in the air it could filter them out. She keeps her rifle at the ready as she does, examining the gory tables and what else might be in the room.
(10:23:38 PM) Mirabelle: (Awareness 17..and hearing! )
(10:23:54 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel removes his shotgun and moves over to a table by the wall.. he holds a hand low there before pushing the table out of the way. "There's a breeze."
(10:24:55 PM) ***Mandos moves to Stand by Dex, nodding to him and he looks for the source of the breeze. (Awareness 16)
(10:25:16 PM) Mirabelle: "Ah - Yes, I feel it too," she nods, hoisting up her rifle and aiming it to the location - Just in case anything decides to come launching itself out of what may be a revealed passage.
(10:25:53 PM) CP_ST: || With the table out of the way, Mandos finds a carefully disguised trap door, almost unnoticable with the gore heaped just right on it.
(10:26:56 PM) ***Mandos tests the door with his foot, seeing how strong the door is.
(10:28:10 PM) ***Grace makes a face at the gore but helps Mandos try to pry the trap door open.
(10:28:23 PM) CP_ST: It's oddly sturdy, and seems to be locked from the inside.
(10:29:20 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel uses the front of his gun to nudge debris off.
(10:30:07 PM) ***Grace nods to Mira "You might be up if you have a small breach charge."
(10:30:25 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel frowns, "Locked... wonder if that person watching us from outside is going to report in or was just some lookie loo..."
(10:31:10 PM) ***Mandos sheatks his blade and pulls out a large knife, directing Grace to the hinges. He stop and looks at Mira, chuckling to himself. "By all means. I like that plan."
(10:31:19 PM) Mirabelle: "Ew," she notes, before plucking a master-key from one of her satchels. "Yes,that was my thought too, hmhm~ A shame the hingse aren't exposed, it would have been easier to simply take them apart. And more quiet." The mouse applies the small charge to the trapdoor and gestures everyone back. (Does that need a
(10:31:20 PM) Mirabelle: cunning, or...?)
(10:31:59 PM) CP_ST: ((Non-combat, I'd say it will work automatically
(10:32:16 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel moves back to the doorway and moves outside. "I think we best be out of the blast range of any... nasty things.."
(10:36:27 PM) ***Grace takes a step back too.
(10:36:30 PM) ***Mandos backs up, hiding behind his shield, ready to move when the mater key goes off.
(10:37:08 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel peers in, "No really.. the mess, is going to be on everything in here... "
(10:38:59 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse, after a moment's consideration, tilts the table that Dex had moved forward, to 'block' the trapdoor. It should shield most of the room from an explosion of gore, and it the master-key shouldn't be so strong as to make the table a possible bullet, but she still follows Dex outside, humming quietly with a
(10:39:00 PM) Mirabelle: finger on the trigger. "When everyone is ready, then~"
(10:40:53 PM) ***Linia nods her head. "Ready."
(10:41:08 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks back across the street casually, seeing if he still sees the watcher... (( Awareness 14 ))
(10:41:45 PM) Mirabelle: Once everyone is ready, the mouse triggers the master-key.
(10:41:56 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel snorts. "Our fly on the wall is gone."
(10:42:47 PM) CP_ST: || The trap door goes up, gore hitting the ceiling and the scent of more foul things released.
(10:43:28 PM) ***Grace gags "That's foul."
(10:43:56 PM) ***Mandos looks into the duct and waits for it to clear. "You'd think aftre so long you'd get used to the stench of such things." He starts to move to the now open door.
(10:44:27 PM) Linia: "I pray I never get used to such things, as should you."
(10:45:02 PM) CP_ST: || A sturdy looking metal ladder leads downwards, into the Dark.
(10:47:07 PM) Mirabelle: "Hmm." The mouse dredges out her portable light, affixing it to one of the straps of her overalls and offering a spare to anyone else needing one. "This certainly doesn't bode well, does it?"
(10:47:34 PM) ***Mandos swings his gear back and takes the point, slidding down into the Dark on the ladder, stepping away and drawing them both out again.
(10:48:45 PM) ***Grace gingerly follows Mandos down the ladder creating a dim red light to see by
(10:48:56 PM) CP_ST: ((Awareness checks for everyone coming down the ladder please :)
(10:49:05 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel makes a face when the smell hits him, he turns back, "Dear gods... " he take shis mask out and fits it on his face to try muffling the smell. "Anyone want one?" he takes his spare.
(10:49:13 PM) Dex_Tavrel: (( 11 ))
(10:49:36 PM) Mirabelle: ( 9. ;.; PLUS HEARING. )
(10:49:47 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel moves down and helps Mira down too.
(10:50:38 PM) Mandos: (15)
(10:50:51 PM) Grace: ((awareness 15
(10:52:19 PM) CP_ST: || Grace and Mandos simultaneously notice a small white envelope hidden under more gore at the foot of the ladder.
(10:52:29 PM) ***Linia will keep her position in the back, and follow along.
(10:53:09 PM) ***Mandos looks at Grace and gstures to the envelope. "You want to pick it up or shall I?"
(10:53:43 PM) ***Grace gestures the light closer and picks it up
(10:54:42 PM) ***Grace makes sure her gauntleted fingers cant touch the envelop itself and uses the tip of her blade as a letter opener
(10:55:25 PM) CP_ST: || Inside is a small note on oddly clean white paper.
(10:56:19 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel frowns at the pit, "bleeding hell... even with the mask..."
(10:57:41 PM) ***Grace takes it out and tries to read it by the red light above her
(10:59:29 PM) Mirabelle: While the others are examining the note, the mouse will keep watch, business end of her rifle pointed out.
(11:00:25 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks around the room for any obvious exits or paths, maybe check to make sure they're not standing in anything dangerous... ((Awareness 10 ))
(11:01:45 PM) ***Grace frowns "Its in elven, it says: Ianur, If you find this, you need to get out, now. Uncle is very angry with you. Run somewhere he can't reach yet, like Drycas. He wants to use you for the Great Experiment. Don't look for me. -Syna
(11:02:55 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel points, "This trail leads down the passage... If we want to try following it..." He checks the load in his shotgun and snaps it back shut.
(11:03:27 PM) Mandos: "Great Experiment. That sounds less than pleasant." He shifts his gear and moves to the passage that Dex Indicated. "We've come this far."
(11:03:58 PM) CP_ST: ((Would you all mind if pause here and continue next time we meet?
(11:04:15 PM) Mirabelle: "...can't reach 'yet'? That doesn't bode well, either. What sort of influence might this uncle have?" she frowns, thin tail curling behind her. "It sounds like the pair are being used... Possibly against their will?"

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 06/18/16

CP meeting et. al:

(9:41:58 PM) Morenin_ST: || A few days ago there had been a great deal of noise as three military airships had landed in Terminus, though why they were blowing their horns like that none of you can imagine. No more than an hour after the landing, a note had gone out demanding all your precenses-
(9:42:52 PM) Morenin_ST: -at a meeting. This meeting. There's a new fist hole in the wall and Morenin's secretary looks... frazzled. The general's door is open, but the man in question is currently missing.
(9:44:38 PM) Mandos: \me walks into the office, helm under one arm, city tabard over his white steel armour. The powerfuly built Abysal looks around the office and steps back outside, standing at parade rest, waiting for the General's return.
(9:46:28 PM) ***Tesori slips in quietly and looks around, deciding to continue to stay quiet. She glances at Mandos through her lavendar scarf head cover and cringes a bit as he has terrified her since she first met him
(9:46:58 PM) ***Tesori finds some wall space and leans against it
(9:46:59 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel arrives quickly, dressed today in his flight jacket and gear. Not being a full duty day he might have been out flying. He glances around and looks for the secretary, raising an eyebrow.
(9:47:43 PM) Morenin_ST: "Themselves been in meetings for days..." the secretary says very quietly to Dex.
(9:49:23 PM) ***Grace sighs as she wanders in and fiddles with a straps of her armor to make it presentable "So.. 3 Drycan made, 'Interceptor' class cutters moor at the city.. an hour later we're here..." she says off handedly to the group at large. "What are the odds it's just coincidence, and we're actually going to get his neighbours cat from a tree?" she asks with a hopefull lilt
(9:49:41 PM) Mirabelle: "Oh, dear." A curious peer is angled after the hole in the wall, little paws planting to little hips as she frowns a degree. Shaking her head just a bit, the mouse begins to root through her toolbelt for a few moments before pulling out a sheet, straining up onto the tips of her naked toes to reach and smooth it
(9:49:42 PM) Mirabelle: over the hole. It's not a fix, and it clashes with the rest of the wall, but at least it's not a gaping crevice! With that done, the wee Shiara beams vibrantly, re-shoulders her battle rifle, then pivots about to join the others. "I surmise the... Hullabaloo was considerably taxing?"
(9:51:40 PM) ***Tesori puts her hand over her mouth and giggles a bit at Mira's "fix"
(9:54:50 PM) ***Morenin_ST himself appears at the end of the hall, pausing to talk to someone. At least it looks like he's talking to the petite woman, both of them gesturing, but it's completely silent, neither of them opening their mouths. All but Tesori might recognize the woman as one of the forms of the general's spouse.
(9:55:20 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel tilts his head to watch the exchange...
(9:56:54 PM) ***Mandos continues to wait and does not stare at the couple, respecting his superior.
(9:57:22 PM) ***Tesori approaches Mirabelle and whispers in her ear "WHo is that the General is talking to?"
(9:59:00 PM) Mirabelle: While she tilts her head to spy the general and the woman, with one broad and tall ear sweeping forward momentarily, she opts not to stare any longer than that. Tilting her head the other way, she peers up to Tesori, chiming, "Ohh, ah, that would be his wife, dear. Curious to see her here though, hmm... I do hope
(9:59:01 PM) Mirabelle: every thing is alright."
(10:00:34 PM) ***Grace sighs again, disappointed that no one shares her dim hope. She adopts a far more relaxed parade rest than the stalwart abyssal next to her slouching a bit agsint a wall as she casts the occasional glance to the General.
(10:00:44 PM) ***Tesori nods to Mira in thanks and returns to her space against the wall, watching curiously without really looking
(10:01:27 PM) ***Morenin_ST finally says aloud, "Ugh, Godric WOULD say that." in a low tone. "Well, tell him that's all the information we have, so he'd better get people on the street. I have a meeting." A quick kiss of a paler cheek and General Letherin is striding down the hallway.
(10:01:40 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks at Mandos, "You know, we need to get the general and his wife up to a little place I know.. .Up in the mountians of the mainland an ex-monestary turned into a retreat.. would do him and the miss a world of good I think."
(10:02:37 PM) ***Mandos looks at Dex and then back to More, then back to Dex. "What? Like kidnap them?"
(10:03:33 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel blinks... as if the idea just occured to him. "... that.. might force him to relax."
(10:04:41 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel waves a hand, "We'll talk later."
(10:05:40 PM) Morenin_ST: "Gentlemen and ladies... sit the fuck down, this is going to be a long one." He booms as he strides past them to thump into the seat behind his desk, door slamming behind him.
(10:06:15 PM) ***Tesori rushes in the room, chooses a chair at the far end and just sits
(10:07:09 PM) ***Mandos nods and walks into teh room, taking a seat as ordered. He eyes Tesori a momet and the focuses back on the general, setting his helm on the floor.
(10:07:48 PM) Mirabelle: "Oh my." The mouse startles a trifle, and scoots over to a seat near to the General's desk. Pulling her rifle from her shoulder, she props it to the ground while hopping into the chair, keeping the weapon balanced to her side. The wide black of her eyes follow Morenin, both of her ears up and forward.
(10:08:58 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks a bit surprised at the outburst, he looks at the secretary, shrugs and wanders in after some of the others. He finds a chair suitable to his size.
(10:11:21 PM) ***Grace sighs again and shuffles into a seat near his desk after adjusting the sword at her hip. The general willingly calling a long meeting? That doesn't bode well.
(10:12:36 PM) ***Morenin_ST waits until their all sat before he begins, leaning back to glare rather indiscrimanantly. "How many of you know who Sophia N'Tal II is?"
(10:13:20 PM) ***Tesori looks around before speaking "I know her by reputation, although I've never actually met her"
(10:14:45 PM) Mandos: "That would be the N'tal I took my blade too, correct sir? The one guilt of murder and interefering with CP business?"
(10:17:11 PM) Mirabelle: "I believe I hit her in the face with a flashbang, once. What I think she is shouldn't be uttered in high society... Barring in kennels." The mouse also folds her arms over the immense curve of her bust and frowns thinly with a slight narrowing of the eyes.
(10:17:23 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks up, "... Abyssal roytalty of a sort... lots of rumbling going on in town with her name on it..."
(10:18:01 PM) Morenin_ST: "And the one running for mayor of Terminus...." He grimaces. "Well. She just gave three Drycan airships to Terminus, and enough coin to fortify our defenses against the Empire. GAVE."
(10:18:47 PM) Grace: "Abyssal Princess of Drycas, daughter of second heir Princess Sophia the first. Father presumable the Emperor of Drycas himself..." she pauses as that sinks in.. "Sorry, she what?"
(10:18:49 PM) Mirabelle: "Well, that's certainly trustworthy," she snorts.
(10:19:39 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel rubs his headfur. "... right... "
(10:20:38 PM) Morenin_ST: "She apparently the entire N'Tal general fund from the bank and gave it to Terminus. Opinions?" He leans back, black eyes gleaming as if happy someone else is sharing his pain.
(10:20:56 PM) Morenin_ST: ((Apparently took
(10:21:31 PM) ***Mandos shakes his head. "What conditions did she give with all of this?"
(10:21:48 PM) Grace: "That's.. hmm." she frowns and looks down, thinking this development over
(10:21:59 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel furrows his brow. "Strings, always strings with the empire."
(10:22:00 PM) Mirabelle: "Well. On the surface that would appear to be an attempt to sway public favor in her direction - Concerns for Terminus security and all that. Has she, ah, given any speeches or the like concerning this?"
(10:22:02 PM) Morenin_ST: "None, that I am aware of."
(10:22:17 PM) Morenin_ST: "But, she hasn't exactly had TIME."
(10:22:35 PM) Tesori: WHat has her activities been as of late?
(10:23:37 PM) Mirabelle: "Time?" A tilt of the head.
(10:23:52 PM) ***Mandos forwns and thinks for a moment. "I don't trust this to be a free gift, but her terms might have nothing to do with what the official presence of the city can do. This may be the first step in a hearts and mind campaign."
(10:25:37 PM) Morenin_ST: "Her activities have been..." He suddenly coughs. "Well. She apparently recorded herself in... various activities. Then projected the illusion in Principia records. IF our intel is correct."
(10:26:20 PM) Mandos: "I wish that surprised me."
(10:26:47 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods to Mandos, "There is no way she's doing it selfles-... " he looks at Morenin. "..."
(10:27:02 PM) Tesori: It seems there is something she has done or is doing that effects you, assuming that's why you are bringing up her name General?
(10:28:35 PM) Mirabelle: "... well that's a complete waste of perfectly good Principia technology," she frowns, alarmed. "I was under the impression that they kept their technology very close to their chest, as it were. That is an... odd expenditure of such valuable things. I should think if she were going to donate such to the city, she
(10:28:36 PM) Mirabelle: would be front and center to proclaim it, or do an interview with a newspaper, or the like... Hm. The airships and the money, are they all, uh, legitimate?"
(10:28:44 PM) ***Mandos nods/ "Of course this effects the city, and all of us. We should be on high alert, ready to move into action now. If the Empire is going to make an dractic moves, it will be soon, before the city can use these new resources against it."
(10:29:45 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel sniffs, "If it were up to me, I'd urge the city to reject the gifts politely.." he looks back to the hall, "But I know they won't..."
(10:30:08 PM) Grace: "It's a power play.." she breaths unbelieving "The Emperor of Drycas is the self-same Emperor of the Assembly right? Well, the original gods were mortal thought given form. Followers and worshippers are a kind of 'fuel' for them, not necessarily for them to exist, but power between gods can wax or wane based on influence. Same with the Assembly."
(10:31:49 PM) Mirabelle: She nods to Dex, with a twitch'a twitch of the tail. "Those ships should, at the least, be scrapped down to base components if not declined - Make sure none of it is bugged or glyphed or otherwise trapped. The funds... I don't know. It could have been illegally obtained or the like... but that's a touch
(10:31:50 PM) Mirabelle: doubtful..."
(10:33:06 PM) Morenin_ST: "So... the opnions I'm hearing is that this is a ploy to win over the city to Sophia personally. The Empire may move early on this if someone reacts badly to the Princess's behavior. And what she's giving us could be trapped?"
(10:34:59 PM) ***Tesori clears her throat and speaks in a low tone "From what I have heard, I judge ships are more than likely trapped or at the very least set up for spying at the least. A search before putting them to any use would be wise"
(10:35:11 PM) ***Grace looks up "It wont be trapped, the offer is genuine, but the reasons are selfish I think. She is, as you said, trying to win hearts and minds, but not for the reasons you think of. All she needs to to is be liked and worm her way into the story of the little island that resisted the big-bad-empire.
(10:35:27 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel shrugs. "Its only reasonable to give the ships a full shakedown. But I am wary. I don't like surprises. And I know this has to be some play... like Grace says. First mayoral... then she hands over a king's ransom to the city... "
(10:35:29 PM) Grace: It's her way of breaking out from the influence of Drycas and the demons the run it. eventually forging her own path into the Assembly, She'd be "The Rebel" with a capital R
(10:35:32 PM) Mirabelle: "Well... That or someone stole it all for Terminus and signed it in her name to put her on bad terms with Drycas." The mouse stifles a tittering laugh behind one paw, broad ears pinned back. "Don't know how anyone would steal several of those ships though."
(10:36:22 PM) Morenin_ST: "Sophia herself handed them over, I have been told. General Malafic is... displeased by the affair."
(10:38:09 PM) Mirabelle: "Alas, it could not have been something as convoluted as that, hmhm~ The saddest part is if, or should I say when, this ruse is fallen for." A puff of a sigh and a shake of the head.
(10:38:10 PM) ***Grace nods "I can see that, Sophia is playing a bigger game, and her hand is comparatively weak I think. The real question will be, what will the Empire do when it learns of this?"
(10:38:45 PM) Mandos: I hope that the city can hold off the N'tal family when they request all this back. I would institute full, formal, dipolmatic rules. I saw that plan work in Shiroshimia when they help off the diplomates for 3 months with parties, paperwork, ritual batch and public ceremonies."
(10:40:18 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel rubs his ears. "It won't just all be political. We'll have to step up security at the docks... the treasury... and.. " he looks at General Morenin "... all nobles."
(10:41:29 PM) Morenin_ST: "And on Sophia herself I suppose..."
(10:42:03 PM) Tesori: Do we have someone on the inside to monitor her activities?
(10:42:08 PM) Mirabelle: "Is that one particularly necessary?" A hint of a wry smile twitches at the thin black of her lip.
(10:42:28 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel grimaces.
(10:43:52 PM) ***Mandos leans back in his chair and puts a thoughtful look on his face, his eyes loosing focus on the room and looking at something no one else can see. "Sir, may I request a full acounting of the Terminus forces as well as the latest intel on the Empire's?"
(10:44:57 PM) ***Morenin_ST raises his brows. "I will have to clear that with General Malefic, but I believe I can have that by tomorrow. Why?"
(10:46:19 PM) ***Grace looks over at Mandos curiously
(10:47:19 PM) ***Mandos looks up at him and arches his eyebrow. "No offense, sir, but I have forgottne more about warfare than everyone in the room combined has ever learned. I need to know where we stand if I am to make partical plans."
(10:50:33 PM) ***Morenin_ST grunts thouhtfully.
(10:54:28 PM) ***Grace thinks a bit more "What of the other Drycan royalty on the city? No telling how they might react to this news either."
(10:55:30 PM) Morenin_ST: "That would be... Princess Eris and Princess Dividia, as well as the crown royals. No telling what any of them will do, really."
(10:56:45 PM) Mandos: Eris will try to kill her, I'm sure.
(10:57:10 PM) Mandos: Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't seen a dragon rampaging around yet.
(10:57:24 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel thinks a moment, "Great... don't anyone take up the job of food taster anytime soon."
(10:59:31 PM) ***Grace chuckles sarcastically "I'd hate to put these new assets to dragon wrangling so soon after getting them"
(11:01:23 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel shakes his head. "I'm thinking the gift will eat upa good chunk of itself with the protection of the city and the fracas to follow. About how much did they give the city?"
(11:01:27 PM) ***Morenin_ST frowns thoughtfully.
(11:01:54 PM) Morenin_ST: "Over six million gold equivalent."
(11:03:43 PM) ***Tesori 's eyes widen a bit at the sum of gold.
(11:03:49 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks blankly for a moment. "... I take it this would be the worst time to ask for a raise."
(11:04:55 PM) Mirabelle: "That's... Not an insubstantial sum, especially when you consider the airships thrown into the mix." The mouse rubs at her headfur, both of her brows raised high. "There is certainly -something- up and I don't know that it's simply an attempt to win the hearts of Terminus citizens."
(11:06:22 PM) Grace: "Jeeze, That's another whole fully loaded cutter and some right there."
(11:09:15 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel snorts, "Well, what is the city government planning to do besides buy General Malfelic a dreadnaught for each day of the week?"
(11:10:25 PM) ***Mandos seems to be lost in thought, glancing up when the momeny is mentioned and then looking back down, frowning again.
(11:10:31 PM) Morenin_ST: "Probably trying to figure that out now. Those of us lower down the chain haven't been informed yet."
(11:12:11 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel sniffs, "If Sophia really is trying some power play, she'll make some big public reccomendations... the city will have to at least appear to capitulate and do them."
(11:13:01 PM) Tesori: Has she at least hinted at anything yet?
(11:13:48 PM) Morenin_ST: "Not publically. And privately is above my paygrade." He says with a certain annoyance.
(11:13:55 PM) ***Grace purses her lips as if swallowing something particularly sour then sighs
(11:14:45 PM) Grace: "Sir, if we must have someone on the N'tal woman, I'll do it. The councillors aren't going to want anything to happen to their new golden goose now. Better a demonologist who knows what might becoming from possible reprisals from royal abyssal's than a standard grunt. Not to mention knowing what our protectee is capable of and keeping from being unduly influenced by her."
(11:14:48 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel shakes his head. "i'll be public.. or at least when it gets announced."
(11:16:48 PM) ***Tesori nods to Grace "Will you take a position on her personal staff?"
(11:17:31 PM) Morenin_ST: "I'll put all this before General Malefic later tonight. Anything else?" He sweeps the room with black eyes.
(11:17:44 PM) ***Tesori shakes her head
(11:19:33 PM) ***Grace looks at Tesori with faint amusement "Having heard the rumors about her personal staff, I'd say no."
(11:20:33 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel twitches his nose a bit... looking at the others. "I take it the roster is already being drawn up on who is going to captian these new ships..."
(11:22:12 PM) Morenin_ST: "First it has to be decided whether to keep them, but yes, likely."
(11:23:43 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel taps his claws. "Any other day I'd be checking to see where I might fit in that, but It is probably best I stay free and loose. Things will get strange, and our people know how to do their jobs."
(11:24:12 PM) Morenin_ST: "We'll see. Any other concerns?"
(11:25:39 PM) ***Tesori tooks up tentatively "General, is it possible to make a private appointment with you for some time in the near future? Should I see your secretary?"
(11:27:14 PM) Morenin_ST: "Yes, I have time... tomorrow, probably."
(11:29:28 PM) Tesori: I will schedule the appointment with your secretary then
(11:30:40 PM) ***Mandos looks upo and shakes his head. "Only what I have already asked for, sir." He slowly shakes his head, his red eyes burning like coals. "I'll be at the library if I'm not at my post, sir."
(11:33:00 PM) Morenin_ST: "All right. You are dismissed, for now." He leans back with a sigh, rubbing his forehead as if fighting off a headache.

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 06/26/16

(9:20:01 PM) Morenin_ST: || General Letherin has sent for part of the squad, probably a sign whatever it is isn't quite as earth shattering as last meeting. Already seated, with a drink in front of her is Shirea. Morenin is looking... well, less pissy than usual but slightly concerned.
(9:21:56 PM) ***Tesori enters quietly, smoothing her long lavendar robe with her gloved hands. She nods in greeting as she adjusts her head cover and takes a seat
(9:22:58 PM) Mirabelle: A glimmer of recognition on her face, the mouse bems vibrantly to all three already present, waggling her fingers in greeting to them as she patters in to the office; she does offer Letherin a curious peer, as it isn't too often she makes an appearance. The mouse moves to a chair towards the office's front and with a
(9:22:59 PM) Mirabelle: bouncy little hop situates her posterior in it, larger rifle leaned against her side with its butt to the floor.
(9:23:35 PM) ***Mandos walks into the office, looking over a small sheaf of papers. He stops in the doorway and salutes the general before stepping inside. He folds them and places them in one of his pouches; his abyssal features grim and determined. He walks with a bit more purpose now, like a prowling wolf looking for its prey. His red eyes burn with a muted, blood-red fire.
(9:23:40 PM) ***Shirea grumbles a little bit as she sits at the the table, arms folded across her chest, tail lashing from side to side. "Do I really need to be here for this? I mean, I gave you my statement and everything. Isn't that good enough?"
(9:23:47 PM) ***Grace wanders in and has a seat, giving a nod to the general and to Shirea. "General."
(9:26:17 PM) ***Morenin_ST speaks respectfully to Shirea, rather than his usual snap. "If you will agree to assist us, Miss, it will be a great aid. And I assure you, you will be paid for your time, if you agree." He raises his brows, waiting for her answer.
(9:27:23 PM) ***Shirea grumbles again, "I just didn't expect this to take up the rest of my day is all." She uncrosses her arms and takes a sip from the drink set in front of her. "Yeah, fine, I'll help."
(9:27:30 PM) ***Grace glances at Mandos and gives him a thoughtful look for a moment before directing her attention back to Morenin "What's all this now?"
(9:28:40 PM) Morenin_ST: "This is Miss Shirea. She reported something unfortunate, that has been passed to us. Apparently, a local menagerie is using an illegal type of meat to feed their... attractions."
(9:29:32 PM) ***Tesori tilts her head "illegal meat?"
(9:29:53 PM) Morenin_ST: ((quick afk, family aggro
(9:30:18 PM) ***Shirea waves to everyone. "Yeah, I was there earlier and I saw what looked suspiciously like a human hand in the feeding trough for the lions."
(9:30:52 PM) ***Shirea gestures to the hand she'd been waving, wrapping her other hand around the raised one, a few inches down her wrist. "About this much of it."
(9:31:53 PM) ***Tesori winces and shudders a bit "I know there are some I would love to see fed to a lion, but I never imagined it literally"
(9:32:49 PM) ***Mandos shrugs and looks at Tesori before looking back to the farren. "Sounds like my childhood in the wolfpack. I guess its good that is illegal here."
(9:32:58 PM) Mirabelle: "I- What? How on Thelus could that possibly be cost effective?" She boggles, both of her large round ears perked forward. "I...guess unless they're simply kidnapping the poor or the homeless... Goodness, that's just abhorrent and grisly!" She frowns deeply, thin tail at a twitching curl behind her.
(9:32:59 PM) Grace: A singular raised eyebrow meets such an alarming statement, pursing her lips "Well, you know what they say about farmers that keep a lot of pigs, I imagine lions would be just as good for disposing bodies..."
(9:33:57 PM) ***Tesori nods to Grace "That makes the most sense"
(9:34:02 PM) Morenin_ST: ((Sorry, back
(9:34:27 PM) Tesori: The attractions could certainly be a cover for disposing of one's enemies
(9:34:47 PM) Mirabelle: "What sort of enemies does a zoo attract?"
(9:35:14 PM) Mandos: Maybe no enemies...but victims?
(9:35:24 PM) ***Shirea shrugs, "I don't think they expected anyone to see it it, I'd climbed up onto the cage walls a bit to get a better look at them eating. Kinda hard to be sure, but I know what it looked like."
(9:36:30 PM) Mirabelle: Inclines her head lightly toward Mandos. "If you don't want to pay for actual meat and want to risk incarceration, hard labor, or execution... Brrr, I suppose if you're desperate enough...?"
(9:37:14 PM) Morenin_ST: "The constables will take the keeper into custody... but yes, we want to know what poor soul they chopped up, and why. Finding out is your job, with the assistance of Miss Shirea."
(9:38:03 PM) Tesori: General, do we have free access to the zoo to investigate?
(9:38:26 PM) ***Shirea blinked. "Like what? Punch the lion in it's stomach until it throws up or something?"
(9:39:18 PM) Mandos: I would suspect there is a murder amongst them. Someone who cannot control their impulse. The lions make a convient disposal. A man hunter is a fearsome thing, usually reserved for the old and infirm. There was once a lion in their prime that stalked the camp we had. Beast killed 20 men befoe we could catch it and put it down."
(9:39:28 PM) Morenin_ST: "You do." He shoves over a piece of paper. "This warrant has been issued for the whole premises. And it's harder to dispose of a body entirely than you'd think. There will be some proof, somewhere."
(9:40:41 PM) Mirabelle: Alarmed, "I don't thinkw e need to punch any lions, dear.."
(9:40:46 PM) ***Tesori picks up the warrent and hands it to Mandos "There will be hair and clothing I would imagine"
(9:41:49 PM) ***Morenin_ST slips Shirea a piece of paper, that when examined, proves to be a promise of generous compensation for her assistance, collectable from the CP quartermaster.
(9:41:58 PM) ***Mandos takes the warrent and places it in his belt. "And bones. Lion lick the meat from their prey. They leave a lot behind, pigs are better." He nods to Grace.
(9:42:06 PM) ***Shirea looks at Mirabelle, "What do you plan to do if they get between us and the, uh, evidence?"
(9:44:35 PM) Grace: "Almost everyone forgets the bones thing." she nods and gestures for them to head on over "We cuff them and bring them in."
(9:45:08 PM) Tesori: When do we leave?
(9:45:54 PM) Mirabelle: "If you have to use live animals for disposal, anyway... A little lime and a little water is just as effective." The mouse rubs at her face a little, whiskers a'bristle, and mutters, "Oh the discussions I get into." She peeks up to Shirea, giving a lighter smile, "Dear, they're animals, I'm fairly certain we have
(9:45:55 PM) Mirabelle: the advantage. Provided the murderer isn't on the loose and doesn't release all the animals or something."
(9:46:49 PM) ***Shirea grumbles, mostly under her breath, "I kinda wanna fight a lion..."
(9:46:56 PM) Morenin_ST: (( :3
(9:47:04 PM) ***Mandos stands and nods. "I'll join you there. I need a different weapon if I'm dealing with a lion." He turns and heads for the door, still stalking some prey he seems to be on the trail of."
(9:47:25 PM) Tesori: This is a lion who has a taste for man now. We need to keep that in mind
(9:47:57 PM) ***Tesori also stands "I need to change into my work clothes. I will meet you there as well"
(9:48:40 PM) ***Shirea stands up, "I'm fine as I am."
(9:51:50 PM) Mirabelle: Already wearing her usual overalls and assortment of tools, demolitions, gadgets, and grenades, the mouse hops down from her seat and hoists her large battle rifle up to shoulder it. "Ready, here."
(9:52:20 PM) You are now known as Terminus_ST
(9:53:36 PM) Terminus_ST: || Once you are all assembled, you find yourself at the address provided, a small menagerie on the border of Alrik and Hollowdown. It's not the most expensive looking place, to be sure, with peeling paint, but the animals seem well cared for.
(9:56:05 PM) ***Mandos arrives on horse back, stopping and dismounting all in one smooth motion. He has replaced his normal glaive with a broad bladed, 3 pronged trident. He ground spike the reigns and the Stalion goes still. Look at the others, he nods. "We should have someone check the primeter before we go in, or maybe at the same time."
(9:56:46 PM) ***Tesori arrives in a dark green jumpsuit made of thick but flexible material that includes a hood stretched tightly over her head and face. Her knee high leather boots look old and worn, but still click on the pavement under her feet, her crossbow strapped to her back "I can scout the perimiter boss"
(9:57:32 PM) ***Grace follows the big abyssal with their warrant into the menagerie and looks around the place looking for anything out of place ((awareness 14
(9:58:11 PM) Mirabelle: "Well... It doesn't look terrible on the outside," she notes with a rub to the chin, surveying the place with a critical eye (Awareness 12 + Hearing). "I mean it certainly could do with a once-over, but I was sort-of expecting something... More run-down. The animals look alright, yes?"
(9:58:49 PM) ***Mandos turns to look at Tesori, a comment on his tongue ready to be fired. Instead he shakes his head and turns away, "Pick a partner and go." He nods to Grace and moves inside. "Civil Patrol! Present yourself for inspection!"
(9:59:58 PM) ***Shirea follows along, walking (on the streets instead of rooftops for a change), dressed in a close fitting outfit of sturdy cloth in brown and black."So, you guys are covering the entry fee, right?"
(10:01:13 PM) ***Tesori looks around "Any volunteers?" She then shimmers and shifts into a sleek black cougar, the cat growling slightly as she paces, anxious to be off
(10:11:55 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse quietly patpats Mandos' arm, and discreetly points out the constables that are shutting down the menagerie. "Might be better to go in quiet so as not to alarm anyone or anything?"
(10:13:45 PM) Tesori is now known as Tesori-cougar
(10:16:18 PM) ***Mandos looks down at Mira and his features soften some. He nods softly and steps inside, his trident at the ready as he does.
(10:18:02 PM) ***Tesori-cougar takes the cue and slips into the shadows around the gate, using her hightened senses to see if she can find any clues
(10:18:18 PM) Tesori-cougar: ((Awareness 18
(10:19:04 PM) Grace: "Or.. it might flush out anyone with a guilty concious.." she nods to a man trying to slip out past the cordon as they herd people. She strides over towards him making eye contact with him "Not going anywhere are we?"
(10:19:37 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel arrives on the scene, looking a bit rushed. He's in his usual street armor with CP identifying marks on it. He's armed as per usual, shotgun over his back... He looks around for the group.
(10:19:57 PM) Terminus_ST: || The man halts, blinking at Grace. "Ah... ma'am? I was told to go home for the day..."
(10:21:51 PM) Grace: "Oh? Do you work here then? Who told you that?"
(10:22:58 PM) Terminus_ST: "The director. She said the CP was holding some kind of inspection."
(10:26:29 PM) ***Grace nods and takes out a notebook "True that, whats your name and what do you do then?
(10:26:46 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel spots Mandos and wanders over, looking around. "Sorry.. was on a assignment. Just got done..."
(10:27:50 PM) Terminus_ST: "Edward O'Shay. I'm one of the caretakers for the animals. Feed 'em, clean up after em and all."
(10:30:07 PM) ***Shirea jerks a thumb off to the right. "Want to start over by the lion pen? It's off that way?"
(10:31:07 PM) ***Grace nods and writes down details "Nice to meet you Edward, Im Grace, It sounds like a living, what do you generally feed them?"
(10:31:54 PM) ***Tesori-cougar returns to the group, the black cougar nudging Dex_Tavrel's hip trying to get his attention
(10:33:08 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel raises an eyebrow at the cougar and looks down? His ears flick a bit and he looks around. (( Awareness 10 - Sight, sound, smell ))
(10:33:25 PM) Terminus_ST: "Depends on the critter. The carnivores generally get whatever meat when can get cheap in bulk, horse, this week. The plant eaters need more specific diets."
(10:34:10 PM) ***Mandos nods to Dex before looking to Shirea. "Its as good a place as any, lead the way, Citizen." He keeps his eye open as the move past the animals. (Awareness 21)
(10:34:20 PM) ***Tesori-cougar turns and leads Dex to a locked door. She pats it with a paw
(10:34:30 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse beams and waves when Dex arrives, though one ear pans aside and focuses toward Grace as she interviews an individual. With Tesori's re-arrival and the subsequent confusion, she murmurs quietly to him, "She's with us, dear, it's Miss Tesori."
(10:35:45 PM) ***Shirea turns and heads off towards where the lions are kept, following a somewhat winding path. "This is the way I went when I came earlier. Not sure I could find it otherwise."
(10:37:37 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel blinks and nods looking around giving the door a look over without seeming too conspicous. (( Awareness 14 ))
(10:38:24 PM) ***Tesori-cougar nudges Dex's hip again, urging him to unlock the door and look inside
(10:38:33 PM) ***Grace faintly grimaces, she likes horses, and nods "Any usual supplier for the meat or veggies you have? Or do you just prowl the markets looking for a good deal on bulk meat every day or week or so?" she asks taking a casual tone
(10:39:33 PM) Terminus_ST: ((To make sure I'm being clear, the door Tesori is directing Dex to and the one Mandos spotted are the same door, near the lion pen :)
(10:40:36 PM) Terminus_ST: "Jann and I alternate weeks looking for bargains. His turn this time."
(10:40:43 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel digs through his gear a bit. He frowns and shakes his head. "I'm not ususally one to carry a picks or a breaching charge, unless you count my after hours pass key.. " He opens the front of his armored jacket, revealing a dangling grenade.
(10:43:22 PM) ***Mandos moves with Shirea towards the lions when he suddenly stops and with the barest flicker of warning he lunges at the door, striking it with his armored fist, reaching in to pluck out someone behind it. (Martial arts, Iron Flesh, Grapple, Warlord, 21 Athletics)
(10:43:45 PM) ***Tesori-cougar turns and paces a bit of a distance away. She sits and waits
(10:43:57 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse brightens, "Oh, I can probably help with a lo- oh my!" Apparently Mandos is solving the problem himself. No door, no problem.
(10:44:29 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel sidesteps Mandos's lunge, "or... we could do that."
(10:45:05 PM) Terminus_ST: ||Mandos ends up with some painful bruises, but the door is no longer in the way, and he has a hold on the hayuu man who'd been hiding behind the door, a swarthy fellow who's black eyes widen in shock.
(10:46:04 PM) ***Shirea spins around when Mandos lashes out, taking a quick step back. "What the hell?"
(10:46:10 PM) ***Mandos hauls the man to the floor, holding him there. "I said 'Present Yourself!' "
(10:46:35 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks inside the room, taking quick stock of it... (( Awareness 12 ))
(10:46:58 PM) Terminus_ST: "What the fuck, man!" The now-prisoner yells.
(10:48:23 PM) ***Grace nods again "I See," she says ignoring the commotion as if it happens all the time and continuing talking as she makes notes taking only a quick glance back at the group to see the result, "And is that Jann there My overzealous colleague has?"
(10:48:30 PM) Terminus_ST: ((Awareness rolls, everyone :)
(10:48:50 PM) Tesori-cougar: ((an entire 11
(10:48:52 PM) Mandos: (11)
(10:48:53 PM) Terminus_ST: || Edward stares, nodding. "Uh... yeah, that's Jann..."
(10:49:14 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel turns back out of the room, shrugging. (( Awareness 19 - Sight, Smell, hearing ))
(10:49:28 PM) Mirabelle: ( 13 awareness + Hearing! )
(10:50:49 PM) ***Grace nods looking slightly grimmer "And, did anything seem off about this weeks bargain that Jann found for the animals?"
(10:51:15 PM) Grace: ((awareness 12
(10:51:50 PM) Terminus_ST: "I...I don't know. He's a better bargainer than I am, sometimes brings in extra feed. Has contacts or something I guess..."
(10:52:55 PM) Mirabelle: While still a trifle alarmed at the spontaneous collapse of the door, one paw briefly lain over her breast in surprise, the mouse rapidly composes herself, clears her throat, and with another patpat to Mandos' side, points to the man's arm, and the wicked bruise just peeking out from beneath his sleeve. "That might
(10:52:56 PM) Mirabelle: be worth noting. How ever did that happen, dear?" she queries this last of the man himself.
(10:53:03 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel holds up a hand "Mandos, look, he's been treated rough before..."
(10:53:59 PM) Terminus_ST: || Jann swallows, then tries to glare at Mira. "I fell down some stairs. That a crime?"
(10:54:48 PM) ***Tesori-cougar quiet;y shifts bacl to her human form and approaches the group
(10:54:53 PM) ***Mandos stands and hauls the man to his feet, the massive abyssal stares at him. "You keep a civil tongue when you speak to my fellow officers."
(10:54:57 PM) Tesori-cougar is now known as Tesori
(10:56:26 PM) ***Tesori looks to Mandos "Boss, would you like me to take a look at those wounds? I may be able to discern what caused them"
(10:56:53 PM) ***Mandos lets him go and steps back, allowing the healer to step in.
(10:57:47 PM) Terminus_ST: || The moment Jann is released, he's moving with almost inhuman speed, running for a fence and clambing up it like a monkey.
(10:58:08 PM) Tesori: ((awareness - Anatomic lore 10
(10:58:39 PM) ***Tesori pulls out her crossbow and takes a shot
(10:59:36 PM) ***Shirea blinks, then starts running and climbing after Jann. (Athletics 13, Runner, Climbing Ability)
(10:59:55 PM) Tesori: ((cunning 6
(11:00:17 PM) Terminus_ST: ((Better roll intitiative, just a sec :)
(11:00:26 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel growls and unslings his shotgun and running to catch up while he chambers a couple shells... "Why do they always run?"
(11:01:21 PM) Terminus_ST: ((Intiative: Jann, Shirea, Mandos, Mira, Tesori, Grace, Dex
(11:02:11 PM) Tesori: ((16, if I rolled the right one
(11:02:49 PM) Terminus_ST: ||Jann lands on the ground on the other side of the fence, Tesori's quarrel hitting him, causing his run to become painful as it sticks out a his thigh. ((Shirea!
(11:03:34 PM) Shirea: ((How far behind him am I? At the top of the fence or still climbing?))
(11:04:06 PM) Terminus_ST: ((Still climbing, he was damned fast before the crossbow got him
(11:06:06 PM) ***Shirea scales the fence, vaulting over and off of it once she reaches the top. She comes down, claws out, aiming to land on Jann. (Athletics 12, Parkour, Brawl, Claws)
(11:07:06 PM) Terminus_ST: || Shirea catched the back of the shirt rather than the man, his clothes tearing to reveal a nasty set of bruises on the man's back as he runs. ((Mandos!
(11:08:17 PM) ***Mandos takes off after him, charging right through the fence to knock the mam down. (Athletics 13, runner, sunder)
(11:09:09 PM) Terminus_ST: || the fence goes down with a crash, screaming starting as confusion spreads through the crowd being escorted out. ((Mira!
(11:12:43 PM) Mirabelle: "Oh, goodness!" The mouse quickly unslings her rifle, bringing it up to bear - But with both Shirea and Mandos ahead of her, it's not too safe to fire it! With a huff, she digs into her satchel instead, whipping out a trusty spectrum strobe. Where-ever would she be without these things? "FLASH OUT!" she chimes,
(11:12:44 PM) Mirabelle: before flinging it forward, hopefully to land in front of the runner. (Cunning 14 + Grenadier and Blind Throw)
(11:13:43 PM) Terminus_ST: || Jann screams as he's blinded, slowing to a stagger. ((Mandos, Shirea, give me a cunning roll to close your eyes in time :)
(11:14:09 PM) Shirea: ((7...))
(11:15:48 PM) Mandos: (21)
(11:16:42 PM) Mirabelle: ( stop cheating Mandos! :U )
(11:16:54 PM) Terminus_ST: || Shirea, not used to Mirabelle's tactics is blinded, but Mandos is more familiar and comes away with his sight intact. ((Tesori!
(11:17:55 PM) ***Tesori sprints and leaps to pin down the man after the flash is cleared
(11:17:56 PM) ***Shirea looks up, "Flash huh?" She starts swearing a moment later, stumbling around. "Ah! Gods damn it you top-heavy rat! Did you get tits instead of brains?!"
(11:18:21 PM) Tesori: ((athletics - gymnastics 12
(11:21:04 PM) Terminus_ST: || Jann is stumbling around randomly and Tesori barely misses him, landing where he'd been a second before. (Grace!
(11:21:09 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse straightens, cheeks puffed and the inner shells of her large ears tinging a brightened red. "R-Rude!"
(11:21:49 PM) ***Shirea turns, more or less in Mirabelle's direction. "Yeah?! Well lets see how much you like it if I flash you!"
(11:22:00 PM) Grace: "Have you ever inspected the extra feed he's brought i.. excuse me.." she notices his rabbit job in the corner of her eye and and "Do stay put, we might have more questions." she says walking calmly forward, despite being the furthest away; With a wound like that in his leg she'd be able to follow the kid half way across the city. Covering her eyes from the strobe she opens them to locks onto his Aura just to be safe (Read Aura 9)
(11:22:08 PM) Grace: Otherwise she'll hunt the kid the oldest fashion way: persistence.
(11:22:47 PM) Terminus_ST: ((Dex!
(11:24:14 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel gives the loaded shotgun a jerk with his hand, closing the breach with an audible clack. He's already moving forwards when Mandos is taking the fence down, He fires off a round from the shotgun (( Beanbag round - Cunning 15 ))
(11:25:06 PM) Terminus_ST: || Dex barely misses Mandos and Tesori, but aims just right to take the runner down instead, knocking him to the ground where he groans. ((Shirea!
(11:26:43 PM) ***Shirea stumbles after Jann, navigating by her nose since she can't see and moving slowly to avoid falling. (Cunning 12, Enhanced Senses Smell)
(11:27:34 PM) Terminus_ST: || Shirea grabs ahold of one of the prone man's arms, just as Mandos and Tesori arrive to help. ((Out of combat :)
(11:30:31 PM) ***Tesori takes a breath to collect herself and looks to Mandos "Got him boss. Shall I inspect those wounds now?"
(11:31:52 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel opens the breach on his shotgun and pulls out the spent shell, replacing it. He looks to the other guy. "This would be much easier if someone would be a bit more forthcoming."
(11:32:44 PM) Terminus_ST: || Edward is standing there gaping, as Jann groans on the ground.
(11:33:28 PM) ***Shirea puts a foot on Jann's shoulder, leaning down a little. "Hey, this might not have occurred to you yet, but don't move."
(11:33:34 PM) Mandos: "See to him, Tesori." He turns around and looks at the other man in custody, address Grace as he does. "He works here too?"
(11:33:37 PM) ***Grace walks up "Good work people," she brushes a bit of fence from Mandos armor "His name is Jann, and apparently.. he got the feed this week, good at bringing in extra sometimes too. I think between that and trying to run we have enough to bring him in for interrogation."
(11:34:42 PM) ***Grace jerks her thumb back at Edward "That's Edward, he's been quite helpful."
(11:36:23 PM) ***Mandos smiles, a dark abyssal grin. "Good, then he can continue to be helpful." He stalks towards the man, pointing at him. "Show us where the feed is. Edward. Now!"
(11:36:46 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel slides his shotgun back into the holster on his back and moves back over to the group. He nods to Shirea, "Hey.. long time no see.."
(11:38:20 PM) Terminus_ST: || Edward looks at Mandos like he's considering running for a moment, before pointing to a small building near the zebras. "Jann should have the key..."
(11:38:29 PM) Grace: "Given the look on his face, I think we can cut him loose, but have one of your cadets get his statement." she adds quietly in an undertone so only Mandos can hear as Edward gets a fire lit under his ass and shows them the way quickly.
(11:39:07 PM) ***Tesori inspects the wounds on Jann and looks up "These wounds were made by fists. He was beaten up by someone"
(11:41:29 PM) Terminus_ST: || Jann groans, but doesn't try to resist any longer.
(11:41:58 PM) Grace: "So, boxer, brawler, or victim pushed too far, given the propensity to run, Im thinking the last one..." she says fishing though Jann's pockets for the key and tossing it to mandos so there isn't a 6'2" armor sized hole in the wall to the feed shed
(11:43:11 PM) Shirea: "Doubt he's much of a fighter, didn't take a swing at me or anything."
(11:44:04 PM) ***Mandos looks back and catches the key, nodding to Grace before he heads for the shed. "Ask him what happened. He can tell us here or in the cells. Makes no difference to me." He tries the door first before using the key.
(11:46:19 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks at the others and goes to take a statement from Edward...whipping out that little notebook of his.
(11:46:29 PM) ***Grace looks at Jann and squats by him on the ground with a sigh "So.. Why run? And who's remains are we going to find in there?"
(11:47:29 PM) Terminus_ST: || The door is locked, but the key rememdies that. The door opens in a blast of magical cold, apparently to keep the feed fresh. Inside are different types of feed, including meat for the carnivores, chopped into palm sized pieces mostly.
(11:47:47 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse sidles her way over to Shirea, huffing, "I am sorry I caught you in the strobe, but I figured that would be better than risking a shot and pegging you or Mandos instead. Better a moment's disorientation than a bullet in the back." Huff! Also she folds her arms over her considerable chest, almost self
(11:47:48 PM) Mirabelle: consciously.
(11:48:22 PM) ***Shirea grumbles. "Sorry I called you a rat."
(11:48:47 PM) Terminus_ST: || Edward stares at Dex as he comes up almost shell shocked by his look. Jann tries to hiss out a curse, still out of breath.
(11:51:20 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel reaches into his pockets, removing a small flask. "Hey.. you okay there? Here, want a swig of whiskey?" He looks at Edward cautiously.
(11:52:24 PM) ***Mandos moves into the room, looking around and examing the meat in the room. (awareness 15)
(11:52:24 PM) Mirabelle: The apology for only half of the insult does not go unnoticed. Another huff, and the mouse sidles after Mandos. -Gosh.-
(11:52:28 PM) Grace: "Come on Jann, Im old and I've been cursed at by demons, occasionally actually cursed too.. Who are we gonna find, We want your side of this."
(11:53:35 PM) ***Tesori stands at the door to the room and peeks in behind Mandos
(11:53:42 PM) Terminus_ST: || Edward stares some more, then nods. "I think I need an entire barrel after this..." Jann growls. "I'm going away either way. I want a lawyer!"
(11:54:02 PM) Tesori: ((awareness 11
(11:54:40 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods and looks back towards Jann, "Take your time."
(11:55:18 PM) Terminus_ST: || Edward takes a guzzle of the whiskey, then exclaims, "What did he DO?"
(11:55:23 PM) ***Shirea turns to look at the CP officers. "So... I know you guys have rules about hitting prisoners and stuff. So do you wanna turn around real quick?"
(11:56:00 PM) ***Tesori isn't looking anyway
(11:56:32 PM) ***Mandos digs out some of the meat and frowns before turning and suddenly stalking out of the room, anger and rage pouring off him. "You son of a ill gotten whore! How dare you feed a person to some fucking animal!" He's got a hand full of something as he reaches for Jann, "Here! Why don't you eat them, you bleeding bastard!"
(11:56:38 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel shakes his head, "Can't let you do that Shirea... Sorry..."
(11:57:14 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel points, "Besides... Mandos gets dibs."
(11:58:07 PM) Mirabelle: "Whoa, Mandos, calm down!" The squeaking mouse has both paws up and trying to edge between the Abyssal and the suspect, because she's fairly certainly this could go south pretty quickly. Or maybe he's trying to scare a confession out of the man... Either way.
(11:58:31 PM) Terminus_ST: || Jann tries to shrink away, spitting at Mandos. "Pff, like you have room to talk, abyssal bastard..."
(11:59:04 PM) ***Grace sighs and nods "A lawyer is expensive and they'll tell you you shouldn't have run, and an abyssal lawyer will also say you should have used pigs, but whatever." She reads him his rights "Not yet Miss Shirea, but if its a kid in there I might. Mandos, Report, What do we have in there.." she says half warningly
(12:00:48 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel tries to at least occupy Edward's attention. "So... about that statement..."
(12:01:24 AM) Terminus_ST: || Edward is staring with his mouth wide open, looking vaugely sick and completely distracted now.
(12:02:20 AM) ***Mandos grabs the man and pulls him under his arm, grappling him into place as he hold out his hand to the others revealing distinctly humaniod toes. "He fed them to the fucking animals! I'll break his back and leave him for the wolves!" Something in all this as set the ancient abyssal off. He shoves his hand back at Jann's face, clearly intending to feed him the evidence.
(12:04:08 AM) ***Tesori approaches Mandos and gently lays a hand on his arm "That's evidence boss. Take a breath before you do something rash"
(12:04:34 AM) Mirabelle: The Shiara has a very distinct feeling as to what could have set Mandos off, and it's a very sick notion besides... But, still alarmed if not terrified, she nonetheless tries to prise him off of Jann. "MANDOS! Stop that!"
(12:04:35 AM) Shirea: "Not to be difficult, but isn't that the same as what you're so angry at him for?"
(12:04:37 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel frowns at Mandos worriedly. He raises himself up to his full Height, barking out in his best drill seargant voice, "Junior Lt. Mandos Ekar! Stand down..."
(12:07:26 AM) ***Grace stands and unsheathes her blade and pints it the Ancient abyssal who could likely rend her in an insant "Mandos!" she barks at the abyssal "You are an agent of the Law now! This boy will not got off on a technicality because your past caught up in a painful way.. Please," she pleads "Dont do anything you couldnt tell your wife about at the end of the day when your bile is spent.."
(12:10:38 AM) Grace: "This is not the pits and nor is this the field.. this is Terminus, this is your city now."
(12:11:25 AM) ***Mandos snap up, looking at Dex and then to Grace, dirty meat and toes smeared across Jann's face. He stands up and lets the other man go, dropping him to the ground. He looks at the toes in his hands and frowns. "Someone take these from me before I decide I need a drink at the end of this day." His voice is raw and husky, a note of horror and ugly determination in his words.
(12:12:18 AM) Mirabelle: Since she's likely hanging from his arm at this point, the mouse obligingly does so, taking the.. ichor, from Mandos. She keeps her eyes on him, though.
(12:13:25 AM) Shirea: "I'd give you a hand, but I figure there is probably a few in there somewhere."
(12:13:46 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel sighs and stays with Edward, poor guy is probably traumatized beyond belief... "...Bugger..."
(12:13:48 AM) Tesori: We now have reasons to take these two in and hold them until we know who these body parts belong to. SHall we?
(12:14:47 AM) ***Grace nods to Dex and the other to get Jann out of there quickly and lowers her sword "Miss Ch'tall those are evidence, bag them please." she steps towards Mandos with another heavy sigh "Come on, lets get you home big guy."
(12:15:38 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel worriedly looks at Mandos, but stays with the Witness, who likely needs far more aid and help than he can provide.
(12:17:54 AM) Mirabelle: Startles when her name is spoken, and glances down to the ick in her paws. She grimaces, but she's handled gristle and such like this before... Doesn't make it any better, but at least she can keep her stomach down. "Ohh, these better not turn out to be orphans," she mutters, before seeking out a constable for
(12:17:55 AM) Mirabelle: appropriate bagging and quarantining the freezer.
(12:19:09 AM) Terminus_ST: || Jann doesn't fight them, though he glares as he's dreagged off. Edward looks... numb.
(12:19:14 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel thinks and makes a note to ask for some counceling assistance with their witness.
(12:20:33 AM) ***Mandos growls and whistles for his horse, who obendiantly trots over to its owner. "Tell the General I'll file my report in the morning." He mounts up and slots his trident into its sheath.
(12:20:49 AM) ***Dex_Tavrel calls out, "Hey Mandos... afterwards. We need to go sparring. Work some of this out."

User avatar
Avith
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 991
Joined: 08/13/09

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Avith » 06/27/16

(11:17:56 PM) ***Shirea looks up, "Flash huh?" She starts swearing a moment later, stumbling around. "Ah! Gods damn it you top-heavy rat! Did you get tits instead of brains?!"
Quote-worthy, just sayin'

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 07/18/16

Investigations:

(9:36:27 PM) ***Morenin_ST looks up as you file in, a small scowl on his face.
(9:37:49 PM) ***Tesori quietly moves into the room in her lavendar robe and full head scarf covering her face as usual. She takes a seat and nods to her leader
(9:40:06 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel tromps in, the Wolfen looking a bit tired dressed in his armor. The leather plates look a bit scuffed. He moves over to a wall and helps prop it up.
(9:40:22 PM) Solarus [Solarus@98.227.kgp.iyn] entered the room.
(9:40:46 PM) ***Mandos walks into the office, wearing his enameled armor and smelling strongly of a mix of sandlewood and myrrh. If it is possible, the ancient abyssal warrior looks even more determined and grim than normal. He stops and salutes the general before seeking his seat, resting his huge battle blade across his knees.
(9:42:11 PM) Mirabelle: The wee Shiara patters along into the office, humming absently with a little spring to her step as she moves to claim her usual chair towards the front. Unslinging her battle-rifle from her shoulder, she hops onto said seat, thin tail tucking high so as not to be awkwardly sat on; adjusting her heavy satchels - The
(9:42:12 PM) Mirabelle: ones at her hips - the mouse balances her rifle against her chair's side and beams vibrantly to all present, both of her broad ears perked.
(9:42:51 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel gives a smile and nod to Mandos and Mirabelle as they enter.
(9:43:21 PM) ***Solarus made her way inside as well in short enough time, rolling her neck about her shoulders with a snapping grumbling of her beak before then plopping herself down against the wall near the others while crossing her arms together.
(9:43:55 PM) ***Tesori glances nervously at Mandos and Dex Tavral and just smiles at Mirabelle
(9:45:33 PM) ***Morenin_ST returns Mandos's salute, sweeping a glance over the rest with sharp black eyes.
(9:45:48 PM) ***Mandos acknowledges Dex's nod with one of his own, and makes a slight bow to Mira beofre his burning, blood-red eyes pass over Tesori.
(9:45:57 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel rubs his headfur back and nods to Tesori and Solarus. He gives General Morenin a little salute, straightening up, he senses something a bit more serious today.
(9:46:29 PM) ***Linia offers an even-tempered and unapologetically bland nod of the head to everyone and she takes a place at relaxed attention against a back wall. The human woman's dull, unremarkable, eyes make a quick scan of the room's occupants and then she looks back at Morenin to await him.
(9:46:58 PM) Mirabelle: As vibrant as ever, she waggles her fingers and smiles warmly to those she knows - Solarus gets a bit more unenthusiastic a wave, but only on account of not having been seen in a while!
(9:48:20 PM) Morenin_ST: "The case of the lion that was fed a human is still open. The suspect is being uncooperative, so I have a list of his associates I want you to track down and interrogate. Any questions?"
(9:49:02 PM) ***Grace looks over every one assembled as she comes in lightly late "What of his slackjawed coworker?"
(9:49:02 PM) ***Tesori shakes her head
(9:49:53 PM) Solarus: Furrowing her feathered brow some she'd return the wave to both Dex, then the mouse with a little grunt, turning then to the general as she waited to hear what was likely going to be another suicide mission. They got alot of those types of missions it seemed. How odd.
(9:50:04 PM) ***Morenin_ST shakes his head. "Swore under the auspices of a priest of Cerion that he had no idea. Frankly, he seems a bit traumatized."
(9:50:51 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods to Linia as she enters... he glances back at the General. "...that poor bastard... "
(9:50:52 PM) ***Grace shrugs "Understandable"
(9:51:30 PM) Mirabelle: "Aww," both of her large ears sweep back, a sympathetic expression to her countenance. "That poor fellow..."
(9:52:13 PM) Mandos: "I still say I could have broken the accomplice." The abyssal grumble to himself.
(9:52:23 PM) ***Morenin_ST looks more annoyed than sympathetic at the moment. "Also, your paperwork is behind. Very, very behind. Tesori, you will be sitting in the conference room until it is ready to be submitted to General Malefic..."
(9:53:52 PM) ***Linia rubs her chin as she considers the situation before them, and then raises an eyebrow between Tesori and Morenin, perhaps wondering if Morenin means to punish her for the lack of paperwork at some later, more private, date.
(9:54:48 PM) ***Tesori sighs and stands "Yes Sir, as you wish." She collect s the paperwork and leaves the room to sit at some small desk and write her fingers to the bone
(9:55:28 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel 's ears fold back a bit. He looks a bit pensive, but appears relieved.
(9:56:37 PM) ***Grace looks a touch relieved that it wasn't her who had to do all that extra work.
(9:57:36 PM) ***Morenin_ST waits until Tesori has left to add, "And Godric will not be in the loop on this one just yet, clear?" He says, referring to the director of intelligence, who coincidentally no longer has a minion in the room.
(9:58:42 PM) ***Mandos glances after Tesoris and then back to the general. "Yes, Sir. Is there something about this issue that we should be aware of?"
(9:59:02 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods simply. "More problems than usual from that walking headache?"
(10:00:04 PM) ***Morenin_ST can't help a little smirk at Dex, apparently. "The mutual uncooperative society is going to be in force a few days. We can't charge the prisoner now for... reasons."
(10:01:34 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse must have missed something. A little blink is peeked after Tesori's departure, one round ear perked, before a slightly perplexed peer is returned to the General.
(10:02:53 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel snorts and nods. "So... the beat is tracking down this guy's associates. We have some leads?"
(10:03:48 PM) Grace: "And this is why I rarely want to move up in ranks" she mutters "Politics"
(10:05:30 PM) ***Morenin_ST pushes a pile of folders in Linia's direction. "Our current leads on his associates..."
(10:06:52 PM) ***Linia looks blankly at Morenin for a few moments, and then picks up the papers, starting to go through them with a dubious expression that is probably, more than anything, a mask for her own cluelessness on the matter. "And that would be?"
(10:07:53 PM) Morenin_ST: "Nothing. They've all been seen with him in the last two months, but the why..."
(10:07:54 PM) ***Linia reads through the papers a while. "Mostly nobles, mostly men. Lions attacking men." She rubs her chin. "Sounds like a group of gamblers to me. I wonder if we're looking for an underground fighting ring."
(10:08:51 PM) ***Mandos growls in his chest, a guttural animal sound that he doesn't seem to realize he's done.
(10:09:34 PM) ***Morenin_ST eyes Mandos. "Lieutenant, do you need a moment?"
(10:10:00 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel flicks his ears as he looks at the papers in Linia's hands, but looks over at Mandos.
(10:10:05 PM) ***Mandos shakes his head. "No, sir. I do not."
(10:11:23 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse's ear twitches in a slight rhythm for a moment, before she realizes why and, like everyone else, peers over after Mandos. Dead people are not exactly out of Mandos' purview... Which makes his reaction for this situation all the more peculiar. She tilts her head just so, simply watching him for a moment.
(10:12:14 PM) ***Solarus gave Mandos a little look over as she heard the sound as well, lightly furrowing her brow him with a shaking of her beak, returning to the general with a slight grunt and clicking of her talons across her arm.
(10:13:59 PM) ***Grace flicks a glance to Mandos and then back to Linia "Can't they just go to Krakow like "normal" obscenely rich and bored people?"
(10:15:02 PM) Mirabelle: "Maybe it's less 'ring fighting' and more, uhm... Evidence disposal?"
(10:15:03 PM) ***Morenin_ST 's brow furrows, but he nods. "Very well...Drax, you are in charge. Te'litha, if they were the sort of bored rich people I was acquainted with, this would be... mild."
(10:15:18 PM) Grace: "Maybe have their papers expire while there in Drycas..." she shrugs
(10:15:31 PM) ***Linia waves a hand dismissively. "I'm probably wrong, and... perhaps Grace should be in charge, I am a bit under the weather, sir."
(10:18:22 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel sniffs a bit
(10:18:29 PM) ***Grace hold up her hands and nods "Fine, I'll lead this one, if nothing else it will hopefully keep Mandos from tearing out one of their throats."
(10:18:49 PM) ***Morenin_ST looks like he's getting a headache. "Te'litha, you're in charge, do keep everyone alive that I can't explain dying, hm?"
(10:20:06 PM) ***Grace nods and gives Morenin a lazy salute
(10:22:31 PM) Grace: "Lets be off then."
(10:23:24 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks around, stretching a bit and nodding to Grace. "Don't worry, we'll keep the big guy out of trouble.. if we all have to sit on him." He salutes and pats Mandos's shoulder.
(10:23:25 PM) ***Mandos stands and hands his blade on his hip, looking to Grace. "As you command." He steps for the door, lowering his visor as he does.
(10:23:30 PM) ***Morenin_ST returns the salute, giving them all a dubious look.
(10:26:23 PM) ***Grace takes the stack of folders and runs the documents over, looking for a few standouts and selecting a few to go question immediately.
(10:26:37 PM) Mirabelle: "Hmm..." Down from her chair she hops, collecting her rifle to her shoulder and moving to follow the others after a wave to Morenin.
(10:28:55 PM) ***Grace selects a noble first, at one of the closest locations to the suspect's former workplace.
(10:29:46 PM) ***Linia collects her gear and follows off after them. She walks behind Grace and says, "Marconis casino." And leaves it at that.
(10:30:08 PM) Mirabelle: "May I?" she queries of Grace, gesturing to the docket. "If there's nobility in there, I may have some insight to offer on some of them."
(10:30:32 PM) ***Mandos stops and looks at Grace. "Is that where we are going?"
(10:32:06 PM) ***Grace nods to Mirabelle "What can you tell me about Delwinn O'Shay, other than he's old clan blood and lives the closest to the perps workplace. Says here he has a condo away from the family holdings on the end of Riverview."
(10:32:41 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel rubs his chin.
(10:33:53 PM) ***Grace nods at Linia, "That's also not a bad Idea, see who if anyone is booking for illegal fights."
(10:35:06 PM) Mirabelle: "Oh, dear. Well, nothing exceptionally delightful - The sort of indolence and indulgence that isn't spoken of in polite company, but nothing that would have one exiled from Terminus," she frowns a degree, nose and whiskers giving a slight twitch. "So unless he's grown bored with the usual vices and expanded his
(10:35:07 PM) Mirabelle: horizons..."
(10:36:39 PM) ***Grace nods as she leads them towards the residence for now (10:37:53 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel takes a moment to clean up his armor some. Grumbling some about nobles.
(10:38:40 PM) Terminus_ST: || The trip to Riverview is unexciting at best, and Grace quickly leads you to a duplex that must have cost a fortune for the area, plain though it is for Riverview. No signs of anyone stirring inside.
(10:40:19 PM) ***Grace nods her thanks to Mira for her input and then moves up to the residence with the others before smartly knocking on the door.
(10:40:31 PM) Grace: "CP, please open up."
(10:40:57 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel has gotten his armor a bit cleaner and nicer looking. He does his usual street check, looking around the outside, carefully checking for any signs that stand out to him. (( Awareness 15 ))
(10:41:24 PM) Solarus: Unexciting. Normal. But as they began to pound on the door, Sol would slip her knuckles to her fingers, gripping the edges some ready to break the door down with a hard punch. Assuming of course, they needed it.
(10:41:41 PM) Terminus_ST: || No answer comes from inside. Passersby are raising their eyebrows and quickly crossing the street.
(10:42:30 PM) ***Mandos stands behind Grace, towering over her, but keeping himself calm, ready to back her up should it become necessary.
(10:42:39 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel wanders back around and his ears flick. "Some snoring... whoever is in there is asleep."
(10:44:13 PM) ***Grace smirks "Mandos, why don’t you knock? See if you can’t wake them?" she steps back to let the giant of an abyssal take a whack at the door
(10:44:39 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel coughs. "GENTLY... just... a bit louder please."
(10:45:54 PM) ***Mandos nods and steps up, pounding his mailed fist on the door, once...twice...three times in rapid session, his voice booming out with practice that comes with drilling troops. "Civil Patrol! Open up in the name of the Law!"
(10:46:34 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel cups his hands around his mouth, adding in "...Please!"
(10:47:34 PM) Mirabelle: A thought occurs to her - Well, several, actually, like how this might affect her social standing - but the one that presents itself first is, "We should probably make certain there isn't a back way they might bolt through..."
(10:47:38 PM) ***Mandos looks back at Dex, his features covered by the steel of his helmet
(10:47:49 PM) Terminus_ST: || A small squeak can be heard from inside, and the door quickly opens to a rather debauched looking young woman, who happens to be holding her dress in front of her. "Um, is something wrong? Delly got in kinda late and is still asleep..."
(10:49:40 PM) Mandos: "Madam, we are here to speak with Delwinn O'Shaw. Please tell him we are here, or you may be arrested for impeding an active investigation." He looks down at her and waits.
(10:50:40 PM) Mirabelle: "... yeeep." Unslinging her rifle with a heavy puff of breath that isn't nearly as debauched as the woman, the mouse twines the strap around her forearm and holds it at the ready, taking a few casual steps to the manor's side so as to get a clear view along it. One ear perks high in that direction, straining to
(10:50:40 PM) Mirabelle: listen. (17 Awareness + Hearing )
(10:51:19 PM) Terminus_ST: || Her eyes widen, a not particularly bright looking expression. She pauses a long moment, before flashing you all as she dashes up the stairs, apparently heading for a bedroom.
(10:52:12 PM) ***Mandos turns and gestures to Grace, stepping back from the door and letting her step up to move back to being her shadow.
(10:53:30 PM) ***Grace appears nonplussed at the woman's state, ah the folly of youth. She nods appreciatively to Mandos as she takes the fore again.
(10:55:01 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse patters back, shaking her head. "Still asleep. He's liable to be hung-over, from what I can hear," she murmurs, keeping her rifle held readily, barrel down, "If not still inebriated. Hopefully he has the wisdom not to run. Or fight."
(10:56:45 PM) Mandos: "I promise to remember his position if he does."
(10:57:05 PM) Grace: "Here's hoping..." she says lightly "Thanks for the update."
(10:57:12 PM) Terminus_ST: || There's something that's more feminine screeching than proper screaming upstairs, and a rather dazed looking man is shoved out the bedroom door, clutching a robe around him with a confused look. He's sporting a rather nasty black eye.
(10:58:02 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel rubs his headfur. "Wish I could do more community outreach that involves nice relaxing chats on the veranda... iced tea and those little cakes…" He turns as the man arrives.
(10:59:17 PM) ***Grace gives a wry look at mandos then back to the task at hand "Delwinn O'Shay? We're here pertaining to an ongoing investigation, we’d like to ask you a few questions."
(10:59:57 PM) ***Delwinn_ST stumbles down the stairs, obviously inebriated still from the night before. "Huh? She's legal, I swear, I can prove it..."
(11:02:52 PM) ***Grace asks for the blessing of patience silently "We're not here about what you do with the local girls. We'd like to ask you some questions about your at is your association with one Jann Rhelis."
(11:03:54 PM) Delwinn_ST: "...who?" A rather blank look is directed at Grace, eyes blurry. Up close, more injuries that look fresh can be seen poking out from his robe.
(11:04:45 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks a bit hesitant, but takes a bit of a breath, trying to smell out any clues.. (( Awarenss 10 - smell ))
(11:05:29 PM) ***Linia shakes her head at Grace. "Don't know the name either."
(11:05:43 PM) Mirabelle: Large black eyes cock toward the injuries that can be seen, trying to gauge their nature. Impact bruising? Lacerations? Her knowledge on such things isn't the greatest but maybe she can identify them well enough... ( Lore 8 + First Aid.. A medic, she ain't.)
(11:06:41 PM) Grace: "Swarthy looking fellow, worked with lions." She uses a gauntleted finger to turn his head and inspect some of the bruises "Get in a tussle recently Mr. O'Shay?"
(11:08:49 PM) Delwinn_ST: "Uh... just a bar fight." He says quickly, trying to step back.
(11:09:39 PM) ***Solarus narrows her eyes. "And why does that sound like a bullshit lie?"
(11:10:29 PM) Mirabelle: A gentle taptap of the paw to Grace's elbow, murmuring, "They're the same as Mister Rhelis had. He might not know Rhelis, but they might have been at the same, uh, event."
(11:11:13 PM) ***Grace looks back at Linia "I think you missed, the runner we on our last mission." she inspects the bruises "Our perp had similar bruising, now I think on it..." (lore+ first aid 14) she nods
(11:11:42 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel huffs. "Great another one..."
(11:12:21 PM) ***Mandos looks at the man and shakes his head. "Would you rather come and speak with us down at the cells, sir?" He looks knowingly at him as he steps back.
(11:13:04 PM) ***Delwinn_ST looks a little green, looking up at Mandos, then up some more. "I... I..." he stutters. Finally he settles on, "Think I'm gonna puke..."
(11:13:46 PM) Mirabelle: Oh heck no. The mouse steps back. A couple times, at that.
(11:14:15 PM) Grace: "I do think there's an underground fighting ring here now." She takes a half step back and to the side.
(11:15:03 PM) ***Mandos makes no effort to move, standing there as he was.
(11:15:21 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods to Grace as he takes one careful step back. "Easy buddy... it’s in your best interest to talk to us."
(11:16:14 PM) ***Grace looks at the half swaying man coldly and with all the gravity of the situation "Now, Tell me. Has anyone died at these matches yet? Or have folks mysteriously stopped showing up?"
(11:18:17 PM) ***Delwinn_ST is true to his word, leaning over the railing to get sick in his pretty flowerbed, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand before looking up. "People drop out, you can get pretty beat up. Like one a month stops showing. Always someone to take their place..."
(11:19:50 PM) ***Mandos leans over and whispers to Grace. "Maybe we can infiltrate the ring, break it from the inside. Sol or I would be easy enough to win our way in."
(11:21:17 PM) Mirabelle: "But why would an underground fighting ring, uhm... Dispose of people?" she queries with a slight frown. "All it would take is a waiver on the chance of death, I should think..."
(11:21:24 PM) Grace: "There might be a quicker way... but it involves finding the bookie.." She looks back at the noble "Has anyone left recently after a good win?"
(11:21:40 PM) ***Linia shrugs. "I'm probably the CP with the most scummy connections in this group. I'm pretty sure I could see about getting into the crowd as a gambler, crooked officer looking to spend some ill-gotten gains."
(11:22:15 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks at the man, "... where does this go down? Any set location?"
(11:23:35 PM) Delwinn_ST: "Uh... yeah. Talis, he took down five in a night. Retired I guess, he bet on himself and no one else did. Fucking impressive..." He glances at Dex, shaking his head. "Moves around. Don't want well... you showing up."
(11:27:46 PM) ***Grace nods "Thought as much," she looks to the group talking low "I'm guessing that's who we found in the freezer. Gives us solid motive, Jann gets revenge on the guy who beat his ass earlier and steals the winnings."
(11:28:30 PM) Mirabelle: A tap-tap to the chin. "Or whomever runs this thing didn't like someone cleaning house."
(11:28:39 PM) Delwinn_ST: "...freezer?" He stares, mouth opening a little.
(11:30:12 PM) Linia: "That says something about their character, Mirabella."
(11:31:38 PM) Mirabelle: "It also says that Rhelis wasn't acting alone," she nods toward Linia, thin tail at a twitching coil behind her.
(11:32:31 PM) Grace: "Please don't get sick again…" she deadpans over to the noble "Also try not to leave town for a few days too, or we'll bring you up on statutory. I'd skip the next meeting too if I was you." she nods back to the others
(11:33:08 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks pensive. "We need to find out way into this circle somehow. We might need his help getting in."
(11:33:57 PM) ***Delwinn_ST is swallowing, working very hard on the order to not get sick. There's no sign of his brunette companion.
(11:34:13 PM) ***Mandos nods to Grace and looks back at the man, a steel juggernaut standing in his front porch to enforce Grace's threat.
(11:36:34 PM) Grace: "We need to find the bookie for this shindig, get the names of everyone who fought with Talis, then go to his place and make sure he's our meat popsicle.”
(11:38:21 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel scowls. "Pretty sure the bookie will be slippery to get hold of. He'd smell us a mile away if we tried to get near him."
(11:39:34 PM) Grace: "Mr O'Shay if you would please give us his name, we’ll be on our way."
(11:40:52 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods, "And how best to reach him… her... or it..."
(11:42:26 PM) ***Grace nods to Dex, "I was thinking of doing the crazy girlfriend routine: we go to his place of "work', in this case Marconis casino, and generally make a scene to make him come to us so we'll quit making his life difficult. But a direct line works too."
(11:43:24 PM) Delwinn_ST: "Uh... some shapeshifter that works for the Casino... always shows up looking different..."
(11:43:26 PM) ***Mandos almost chuckles. "I'm sure I could make things difficult."
(11:46:08 PM) ***Grace nods to the not so noble noble "Thank you for your time sir, you've been most helpful."
(11:47:55 PM) Delwinn_ST: "... uh... can I go back to bed? My head's killing me..."
(11:48:33 PM) ***Grace looks to the others to see if they have any questions first
(11:49:23 PM) ***Mandos shakes his head at Grace, shrugging. He seems happy to let the man squirm in the door as long as they can.
(11:50:30 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse shakes her head, both of her ears pinning back a degree.
(11:53:40 PM) Grace: "Okay then I suppose you can, but remember don't leave the city for a while please." She turns and they step off, heading for the casino.
(11:54:22 PM) ***Mandos stands there for just a slightly longer beat and then turns on his heal and heads after Grace.
(11:54:58 PM) ***Delwinn_ST backs inside and quickly shuts the door, as if afraid she might change her mind. From inside, the sounds of the two people yelling at each other can be heard, then the young woman storms out the door and past the CP- fully dressed now.
(11:54:59 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel unslings and checks his shotgun, sliding it back. "This will be... fun."

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 07/18/16

Deadly Prizes:

(9:40:08 PM) Terminus_ST: || Last time on CP... Linia's prediction of an underground prize fighting ring turns out to be accurate, and the victim fed to the lions now has a name. General Letherin has sent a small contingent of you to find and question the Marconis bookie.
(9:41:30 PM) Terminus_ST: || Unfortunately, the fellow is a shapeshifter... handy in his line of work, but meaning the noble you talked to couldn't identify him except by a nickname, Cookie. You have no warrant, but matters have been left to your discretion, with Grace in charge.
(9:46:45 PM) ***Grace is dressed in the usual armor with her trusty careworn sword at her hip and she looks to Linia "Well, Cookie was not the name I was expecting for an infamous bookie. How do you want to play this?" she asks
(9:47:04 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel taps his foot in thought. "Bugger of a situation. It’s not much to go on. Just a name."
(9:50:43 PM) ***Mandos arrives, wearing his normal white steel armor, visor up. He nods to his fellow officers as he does. His shield rests gently on his back, and at his hip is a new blade, not the normal Drycan battle blade he has worn for so long. This new blade seems to be an equally large, Shiroshima weapon.
(9:53:28 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel is still in his armor, the wolfen having been geared up for street patrol. He looks in thought a bit as they muse their plan. "Sarge... We don't really have a warrant or anything that points to the Marconis being involved other than some bookie likes to use the place. We need to get in to the fight somehow...."
(9:54:09 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel snorts, "...Maybe send one of us undercover to fight?"
(9:55:20 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse is bedecked as one would usually expect when she is involved in more rough'n'tumble events - Mechanic's wear, laden tool belt, satchels of goodies, and large battle-rifle on the shoulder. Hers is a bit more of a pensive expression, thin tail at a delicate twitching behind her. "That would mean the rest of
(9:55:21 PM) Mirabelle: us would have to act as potential betters, wouldn't it?"
(9:55:27 PM) ***Mandos smiles at Dex. “Or maybe not even undercover. I do have a certian fame in such matches, even if I have sobered up.”
(9:57:32 PM) ***Grace looks around at the others "So, how *do* we want to try to find this guy?"
(9:59:30 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel raises an eye at Mandos, "You think they'd let you inside a hundred feet? They know you're badge..."
(9:59:31 PM) ***Linia rubs at her chin. "Mandos also has fame... nobody would just buy him singing up unless he was under some kind of magical compulsion or something."
(10:00:06 PM) Grace: "So, we either try to strong arm the casino into giving them up, or we pose as betters or fighters and have him come to us..."
(10:00:36 PM) Mandos: If I were to sign up, we could demand a meeting so I could place a bet on myself, claiming that I need the coin for my family. I could even do this “roaring drunk”, if need be.”
(10:02:14 PM) ***Grace taps her chin, "It’s... possible."
(10:04:26 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel frowns at Mandos, "What are they going to make you fight that gets you a better bet than 1:1? A mountain?"
(10:05:21 PM) Grace: "I think it’s easier to just beat the bushes and see what we flush out. I think we should head to the casino."
(10:05:49 PM) Mandos: I used to fight 4 at a time, while I was blind drunk. Once I was put in a cage with a small bear. I don’t remember a lot about that night.
(10:05:50 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks at Grace, "If you want, I can go cut my fur down, look more like a dock worker and try myself."
(10:06:23 PM) ***Mandos looks to Grace and nods. I’ll be on my best behavior.”
(10:06:33 PM) Linia: "Well, it sounds by all accounts as if Mandos is the expert here. Maybe we should let him run with it?"
(10:07:30 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods and sniffs. "Just offering options."
(10:09:19 PM) ***Grace nods to Mandos "Well do try to maintain your usual scary aura, might come in usueful." she nods to the others "If our duck hunt is a bust I can let him off the chain."
(10:10:35 PM) ***Mandos nods and lovwers his visor. “Terrifying, I can do.”
(10:11:37 PM) ***Grace leads the way to the casino in the Marconis mall.
(10:13:06 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel rubs his chin. "You call the shots Sarge... though if he wants, we might want to not walk in like some crowd."
(10:17:27 PM) ***Grace nods "Perhaps we should cover most the entrances and exits, but if this works we shouldn't have to."
(10:18:38 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods, checking his communicator. "Tap us to let us know. Set yours to silent Mandos."
(10:18:47 PM) Mirabelle: "Well I do think a fair few of us might be, ah, recognizable..." She clears her throat a trifle. "I'd offer to cover one of the likely exits, if you like. I must say I might stand out a little more than most. So to speak."
(10:20:34 PM) Mandos: “Dogs and song birds always come home to roost.” He smiles and adjusts his disk as commanded.
(10:22:17 PM) Terminus_ST: || The mall is busy as usual, but the casino itself is slow, most of it's patrons at work, apparently, the casino a dead spot except for a few people who have the haggard look of compulsive gamblers.
(10:23:38 PM) Linia: "And apples don't fall far from the tree, a lion saved is a lion earned..." She starts to laugh at her joke, and the sound dies on her lips. She didn't bring the funny. "Heh... anyway."
(10:25:49 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel helps organize their team around the casino, finding ways out with the people they have.
(10:26:00 PM) ***Grace nods and goes inside and locates and addresses the current pit boss on duty, osmone who would be in the know, and her looking like a bored officer on the beat. "Hello, We've had some lost property returned to us that has the mark of this casino on it, but the only thing we could tell about the owner is might be named 'Cookie', anyone around here you know that might go by that nickname?"
(10:28:52 PM) Terminus_ST: || The pit boss gives her a dubious look. "You sure it's got OUR mark?" He isn't however, shooing her off.
(10:30:03 PM) ***Grace gives him a flat look "Well if the couple chips in it *Aren't* yours then I need glasses."
(10:34:01 PM) Terminus_ST: "Mmph, maybe you do, officer." With a challenging stare. "Sure you're looking for Cookie? This ain't a bakery."
(10:37:46 PM) ***Grace sighs heavily and looks at him half exasperatedly "The way you phrased that tells me you have an idea of who I’m looking for, can you point them out so I can ask them to sign for their stuff, and I can get on with my day and out of your hair?"
(10:39:26 PM) Terminus_ST: || The pit boss looks like he's getting a headache. "Doesn't use that name on premises, but I heard some of Davan's buddies call him that. Off the clock like. He's off today, something about a sick sister."
(10:42:23 PM) Grace: "Bummer. Daven have a last name or an address? If it’s on my patrol route, I can get this done with today."
(10:46:55 PM) Terminus_ST: || The pit boss looks at her, sighs, and apparently decides fighting isn't worth his while, writing down an address in Alrik and shoving it at her. "Here you go, officer."
(10:48:06 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel waits, looking around from outside.
(10:50:05 PM) ***Grace takes the address with a faint smile "Much obliged sir." she heads out of the pit to the front of the Casino and comms them all "Form up on me people, 'cookie' real name Daven, wasn't here today. But I have an address at least."
(10:51:40 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel pushes away from the wall he was holding up. Moving to rejoin the rest.
(10:52:13 PM) ***Mandos steps out from his position and starts to fall into step with her. “Good, we have a bit more free hand away from the casino.”
(10:53:24 PM) Mirabelle: Putters along up to the group, one large ear pricked and panned back. "Hopefully that was not simply a diversion, and we're not walking into an ambush of some variety."
(10:54:32 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel sniffs, adjusting a pair of goggles on his eyes. "If someone can set an ambush for us in such a short time...good luck to them."
(10:54:59 PM) ***Linia nods her head. "Outside of the casino, we don't have to worry about running afoul of one of the Marconis-Clarkson's being pissed off we're harassing a customer on their ground."
(10:57:51 PM) ***Grace nods to Linia and talks as they walk through the streets towards his address, it would be a great panning shot "According the pit boss, who seemed eager to get me to leave him alone, Daven likely works at the casino, keeping his bookkeeping on the lowdown. He wasn't in today though, saying something about a sick sister.
(11:00:15 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks at Grace, "So... shall we do a looksee around just in case this guy has a bolt hole out of his flat?"
(11:00:19 PM) Terminus_ST: || The streets of Alrik are busy with lower class workers at this time of day, the seedier types still asleep, apparently.
(11:01:14 PM) ***Mandos shrugs. “I suspect he’s working on the problem with the client they fed to the lions.”
(11:02:14 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse inclines her head to Dex, humming, "Unless you found out your 'disposal man' was grabbed by the Protectorate and figured they might give up information... that might be a touch paranoid, though, hmhm~"
(11:05:02 PM) Grace: "we scope the Address and take up positions around it, then we go in, hopefully we can just talk but if not, lock up anything that moves in a cage since he's a shifter.
(11:07:21 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods to Grace, starting to look around the area as they arrive, looking around the area... (( Awareness 13 ))
(11:09:53 PM) ***Mandos nods to Grace and looks around for a place to operate from. (awareness 13)
(11:10:25 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel taps his communicator, "... some old lady is watching out of the window on the first floor... I would be wary, he might have someone watching for him."
(11:12:01 PM) ***Grace also looks around the area as they approach the building for anything out of the ordinary as well (Awareness 13) "You're going in first Mandos. I'll keep an eye on her, Dex go round the back."
(11:12:26 PM) Linia: "Anyplace you would like me to be?"
(11:12:42 PM) Mirabelle: "Maybe he IS the old woman," she quips in return, while scanning the building with a curious eye and perked ears, a paw ready to draw her rifle into a ready state. (Awareness 11 + hearing )
(11:13:28 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel takes a jog around the block, moving back to get behind the building.
(11:15:17 PM) ***Mandos nods and unslings his shied, slowly stepping towards the door. He looks around at the others and then crashes the door down. “Civil Patrol! Everyone down on the floor.”
(11:15:33 PM) Grace: "Back up Mandos Linia. Breach when ready, I'll keep on over watch.
(11:16:24 PM) ***Linia nods and unslings her weapon, and takes up a position a few paces behind Mandos.
(11:17:48 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel taps his communicator indicating he is in position.
(11:21:26 PM) Terminus_ST: || The door is cheap and flies off its hinges, revealing a rather strange one room apartment, stuffed with clothes for men of varying sizes and walks of life, even a few respectable looking suits of last season’s fashion. A bed is shoved into one corner, a kitchenette in the other, and a water closet tucked to the side.
(11:22:01 PM) Terminus_ST: || It is, however, empty of any signs of life, other than a few roaches crawling on the floor that scatter at the light.
(11:23:01 PM) ***Mandos continues moving inside as he lets Linia clear the room behind him. He grabs the door to the water closet and hauls it open.
(11:23:50 PM) Linia: "I can certainly breach any doors that are locked..." She trades her rifle for her shotgun. "I like to keep this handy... for close encounters."
(11:23:56 PM) Terminus_ST: || Inside are tiny facilities that someone of slight build could use, clean except for a few whiskers in the sink.
(11:26:37 PM) ***Grace keeps an eye on the cat and the Pigeon and the old woman "Status?" she asks into her comms.
(11:27:08 PM) Mirabelle: The Shiara remains outside, rifle hauled from her back and at the ready, keeping a close watch for anything out of the ordinary - People scarpering from the building, or the like. Both of her broad ears remain perked and attentive, naturally.
(11:27:52 PM) Mandos: “Room clear here, Grace.” He looks at Linia and nods at the cabinets before moving towards them to look for any hidden way out.
(11:28:17 PM) Terminus_ST: || The old woman is outright gaping out her broken window now around the wood holding it together. The cat pounces the pigeon and a tussle ensues, oddly enough the apparently hungry cat winning the fight eventually.
(11:28:34 PM) ***Linia will use the end of her shotgun to pull open the cabinets and closets and such, checking around.
(11:29:54 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel clicks in. "All clear back here... just a fire escape."
(11:30:09 PM) ***Grace looks over at the old woman "We're looking for your neighbor Davan miss, have you seen him recently?"
(11:31:23 PM) Terminus_ST: "He left this mornin' wit' some swell, now didn't he? Headin' fer Riverview in some posh suit, e'en had his real face on!" She sputters after a minute.
(11:31:29 PM) ***Linia looks around for any fireplaces.
(11:32:01 PM) Terminus_ST: ||There is indeed a fireplace, with a torn up piece of paper in it, not yet burned, probably due to the recent heat.
(11:34:00 PM) ***Linia will go down, grab the paper, and checkup the chimney too, just in case. "Mandos... found something."
(11:34:49 PM) Grace: "This girl, wouldn't have happened to be blonde and a bit too young, would she?"
(11:35:01 PM) ***Mandos moves to cover her, nodding softly. He reaches for the paper to allow Linia to have both hands for her gun, glancing at it as he does.
(11:36:20 PM) Terminus_ST: "Pffff. No, were a BLOKE." The old woman eyes Grace as if this should be obvious.
(11:36:45 PM) ***Linia hands over the paper to Mandos without reading it.
(11:36:58 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel clicks over the com, "The fire escape in back only has exits for the 2nd through 4th floors. Nothing really going on in them... Woman with a baby on the next floor up, someone sleeping above that, and the 4th appears empty."
(11:38:40 PM) Mandos: “We’ve got some sort of puzzle that Linia found. As soon as we can come off station, we’ll try to put it together.”
(11:38:41 PM) ***Grace ah's "Then this bloke have a real shiner?" she asks
(11:40:37 PM) Terminus_ST: "Naw. Prim an' fancy sort like that prolly ne'er seen a fight in hisself's life! Soft lookin'. All in purple, if ya c'n believe, like some king. King's wear purple, doesn't they?"
(11:46:23 PM) Grace: "Some do..." she says to the old lady "So do pimps.." she mutters under her breath then speaks up into her comm "Team, our mark is headed back towards Riverview. I think we might need to head back to out towards Delwinn O'Shay's place."
(11:47:05 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel grumbles and heads back around front to rejoin the rest. "Good, the alley smells."
(11:49:40 PM) Linia: "Life's hard on a pimp, Grace..." She dead pans, shrugging her shoulders.

User avatar
Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident
Posts: 2633
Joined: 05/20/08

Re: Affliliation Blog: The Civil Protectorate

Post by Morenin » 07/25/16

Pimp Slap:

(9:16:03 PM) Terminus_ST: || In our last episode... Linia had found a ripped up note in the bookie's apartment, and you now know he and someone dressed in purple are heading to Riverview for whatever reason...
(9:22:08 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel grumbles and checks his weapon, looking around the street, still dressed in his street patrol armor.
(9:25:19 PM) ***Grace regroups with the others, dressed as she was before "So we know he's heading back to Riverview, what did you all find in his place? Hopefully we can head him off."
(9:26:11 PM) ***Mandos comes out of the house, joining the rest of his patrol, lifting the visor of his helmet. "I feel like I'm on some step and fetch it job." He turns towards the Riverview district and moves that way. "I'm guessing that mean back to our best behavior then." He looks at Mira, as if she might be the one to worry about.
(9:26:15 PM) ***Linia had handed said note over to Mandos without even reading it, and so when asked, she silently jerks a thumb over at Mandos. After that, she makes a last pass through the apartment, packing up her own gear to be ready to move again.
(9:28:36 PM) Mirabelle: It's not too often that 'work' takes the mouse back into Riverview. It's a nice change of pace from the usual places she finds herself in infested with murderous creatures and eldritch abominations and goodness knows what else! "It's a shame purple is still in fashion, it could have been easier to pick out if it
(9:28:37 PM) Mirabelle: weren't," comments the mouse, curling her thumb across her chin in a distracted scratching. "What other details were there, again?" A little tilt of the head is given back to Mandos, an ear perking almost questioningly.
(9:29:37 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel writes a claim ticket for the entrance and hands it to the old woman... "Sorry about the door..."
(9:30:09 PM) ***Mandos shrugs holding up the note. "It’s just some sort of puzzle. I'm not sure, but we can look at it before we head over."
(9:31:02 PM) Grace: "A puzzle?" she asks curious
(9:31:10 PM) Linia: "Riverview, heh, the classy part of the city. You know it just crossed my mind, I'm going to wind up an 'also dead'."
(9:33:50 PM) Grace: "Well let’s see if we can’t try to quickly put this puzzle back together, it might save us time in the long run."
(9:34:11 PM) ***Grace gives Linia a bit of a strange look at that
(9:36:00 PM) ***Linia shrugs at Grace and speaks as if quoting a newspaper. "Prominent Civil Protectorate office Mandos was killed today.... blah blah blah, paragraph of accomplishments.... also died, Lillly Dax." She ends by deliberately mangling her own first and last name.
(9:38:08 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel raises an eyebrow at Linia and flicks his ears. "Let’s not get morbid. Just stick to your training, don't get sloppy, and watch each other's backs."
(9:38:23 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel sniffs, "And when in doubt... trust your instincts."
(9:38:27 PM) Mandos: "I have no plans on dying today. Not with a pregnant wife at home." He looks at the note and shakes his head. "Sorry, not much of a puzzle after all. He starts to put the note together to see what survived the fire.
(9:39:37 PM) Terminus_ST: || It takes a little time, but once the note is pieced together the message is legible in common. 'My money or your life, Cookie. I don't care much which. Jann will assist you for a fee, I checked already. I expect this to be handled in a timely manner. - Vincent'
(9:39:37 PM) Mirabelle: Little pattering steps bring the mouse over to peer after the shredded note, both of her ears forward.
(9:39:40 PM) ***Grace shakes her head "And one's going to die..." and looks like she might have been about to continue but instead she looks surprised at Mandos, “You have another on the way?"
(9:40:40 PM) ***Mandos looks up at Gracea nd nods his head slightly. "If my wife is to be believed, yes."
(9:41:27 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel snorts at linia, "And Linia, if you do us a disgrace by dying... I'll ask General Malefic to bring you back and put you on report." he wags a finger mock reprimanding.
(9:42:55 PM) Grace: "Congratulations then" she slaps his armored back and gives him a smile abut she's quickly back to business as the note comes together "Looks like Cookie was up to his shifting ears in debt to this Vincent person.."
(9:45:00 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse leans back a little, rounded eyes blinking up to Mandos. "Truly? Oh my, congratulations, Mister Mandos!" She beams lively and vibrant, before, like Grace, turning back to the matters at hand. "Hmm. So who is Jann, then? I don't know that they're this purple-clad fellow... Another party, some-one who can
(9:45:01 PM) Mirabelle: help with a debt?" Hrrm. Are there any money-lenders, or similar, in Riverview named Jann?
(9:45:30 PM) ***Linia checks her rifle and slings it over her shoulder. "I'm dead already, Grace. We both know that." She catches word of the note, and switches subjects. "Sounds like someone's playing loan shark... but the fact they left a note suggests that they're small time. Nobody truly pro would leave a note."
(9:45:45 PM) Linia: "Also... nobody who was a big fish would let themselves be named Cookie."
(9:46:03 PM) Terminus_ST: ((Jann is the name of the first guy you grabbed who fed the winner to a lion
(9:46:03 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel grunts as he reads over the note, "Bookie gets into trouble with a money lender. Tale as old as time... We better get to this bookie before Vincent gets tired of waiting."
(9:46:13 PM) Grace: "Jann is the kid we have in lockup. So seems like he might have assisted our bookie Cookie in disposing some dirty work." she frowns "This rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper and deeper."
(9:46:18 PM) Terminus_ST: ((Cookie is the nick name of the bookie aka Davan
(9:47:12 PM) Mirabelle: (substitute 'jann' for Vincent, then. >.> -Horrible with names, yanno- )
(9:50:36 PM) Grace: "I’m getting to see the picture now.. Daven, aka Cookie, gets in debt, goes to Vincent and borrows money. Interest occurs. Daven decided to off a winner, likely the one who bet big on himself, after one night and takes the winnings he no longer has to pay out to pay off debt, Jann helps dispose of the body for a fee."
(9:51:35 PM) ***Mandos sighs and looks at Grace. "That sounds like it fits. Can we punch them in the face when we find them?"
(9:52:21 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel rubs his chin, "We certainly have plenty to bring the lot of them in... let’s see if we can pick up this cookie."
(9:52:32 PM) ***Grace nods "I’m guessing Vincent just came and picked up Daven and his Money, or maybe he found out that Jann got pinched and now wants both the money and lose ends taken care of."
(9:53:50 PM) ***Grace looks to Miriabelle "Do you know of any Vincent's in Riverview that might be kinda shady?"
(9:54:40 PM) Mirabelle: "Seems awfully risky for a debt, though I suppose if it's a large enough amount of money, people are willing to do some... Terrible things. Conspiracy, aiding and abetting homicide... Hrmf." The mouse muses on whether there might be any businesses run by a Vincent, that's liable to loan out funding. (14 Lore, plus
(9:54:41 PM) Mirabelle: all the related social skills! :O )
(9:55:20 PM) Linia: "People in debt do risky things, and even loan sharks may take risks if they themselves have a debt they owe."
(9:57:30 PM) Grace: "And yes Mandos, you may punch them in the face if they do something stupid in front of us... like run."
(9:58:13 PM) ***Mandos smiles and cracks his neck and knuckles. "Well, here's hoping then."
(10:01:36 PM) Mirabelle: Both of the mouse's ears perk! Then immediately flatten. "Ohh... Hmm. Yes, okay, I have a thought. There's a lord who has had the inspirational idea of making his own emporium... And, yes, his first name is Vincent, Vincent Doyle to be precise. No one really knows who the financiers are for it - Beyond 'not
(10:01:37 PM) Mirabelle: Abyssals,' anyway. I'm fairly certain it would ruin his fortune if the place doesn't get funding... Which, sadly, would be typical grounds for this kind of behavior." She frowns.
(10:02:30 PM) Linia: "So what is the next step?"
(10:02:57 PM) ***Mandos looks at Mira and then to Linia and Grace. "Sounds like it to me."
(10:05:06 PM) ***Grace nods "Next we call in and get an address and then we pay them a visit and hope we can get to them first, or at least before anything bad happens."
(10:07:11 PM) ***Grace grabs whats left of the note and puts it in a pocket for evidence then gestures them to make double time for Riverview as she gets on the horn with CPHQ for a more precise Address for a residence or likely businesses in his name
(10:09:15 PM) Terminus_ST: || The answer comes back that Lord Doyle had apparently sold his businesses, but for his budding arcade about a month ago. The address is given for a prestigious (inherited) manor on one of the rivers, with a lovely view and impeccable gardens when you arrive.
(10:12:16 PM) Linia: "If this is true to form, and since they all started with unlicensed fighting... I suggest you check the outside of the arcade against the size of the inside of the arcade, and look for secret rooms."
(10:12:57 PM) ***Mandos step up to the house and shakes his head, looking at it. "Irisia looked at buying a small 2 room walkup away from the rivers, and I'd still be paying it off." He looks to Linia and nods slowly. "Good idea. Am I following you in again, Grace?"
(10:14:37 PM) ***Grace walks them up to the door "We'll look into all his assets anyways, even if he is here." she nods "Mandos, my friend, it’s time for you to shine." and she raps on the brass handled knocker.
(10:15:35 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel does his usual watchful eye of the area, trying to look for any clues as they arrive. ((Awareness 12 - sight - smell ))
(10:16:48 PM) ***Mandos slaps down his visor and takes up the position of the Wall following Grace around, keeping a close eye out for anything out of the ordinary. (Awareness 12)
(10:17:55 PM) Terminus_ST: || The door is opened after a few minutes by a squat looking man who might not be entirely human in ancestry and looks like he ought to be roughing up people. instead, he's wearing servants black and whites. He attempts to look down -
(10:18:19 PM) Mirabelle: A large, dark eye surveys the manor as they approach, both of her ears forward and alert; though her rifle stays on her shoulder, for now, she keeps a ready paw to swivel it out to a ready state.
(10:18:21 PM) Terminus_ST: - a nose that's been broken many times at Grace while looking UP.
(10:20:12 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel looks at Mandos and taps his nose pointedly.
(10:21:29 PM) Grace: Is the Master of the house, Lord Doyle, in?" she asks with as much courtesy she can muster
(10:22:46 PM) Terminus_ST: "Lord Doyle is busy at current. Do you wish to leave a message, officer?" The butler rumbles in a voice that indicates his hobbies include chewing gravel.
(10:24:40 PM) ***Mandos nods to Dex and continues to stand there, ready to back Grace up.
(10:26:07 PM) ***Grace turns from polite to gruff on a dime "I didn't ask if he was busy, I asked if he was IN; if so I suggest you fetch him, immediately."
(10:29:49 PM) Terminus_ST: "Do you have a warrant, officer?"
(10:31:16 PM) Linia: "We don't need a warrant to say we want to speak to someone. We can go back and get one, but that's going to be a search warrant. Full divination team, shouldn't take more than five or six... oh, days, for a building of this side. Now... you're a butler, so buttle off and tell him we're here."
(10:31:35 PM) ***Linia snaps out. "This is above your paygrade, Jeeves."
(10:32:05 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel grunts, "This is not a search. It is an inquiry. We can talk here... or he can talk at central."
(10:33:31 PM) Terminus_ST: "Then inquire elsewhere. His Lordship isn't IN."
(10:33:33 PM) ***Mandos simply watches the butler, breathing slowly and surely, letting his presence back up his team, waiting for them to be denied in the wrong way.
(10:37:16 PM) ***Grace nods "See that wasn't hard. But I find you have lied that's, criminal conspiracy."
(10:37:50 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel watches the guy, but listens intently inside... ((Awareness 18))
(10:39:17 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel perks his ears. "I heard someone in pain. This charade is over buddy. Mandos, help the man find a seat while we find who is in distress."
(10:40:12 PM) ***Mandos looks at him. "I'm sure if we post a guard here, you'll have no..." He hears Dex and moves, bursting into the doorway to do just that, let the butler sit on the floor, under his knee, preferably.
(10:40:21 PM) Linia: "Excuse me..." Linia nods, and walks off, planning on going round back to see if Lord Hoity Toity is making an escape from the rear door.
(10:41:04 PM) Terminus_ST: Initiative: Grace, Mandos, Linia, Mirabelle, Dex, Surprised Mook. Grace!
(10:44:53 PM) ***Grace draws her sword in a smooth motion and bull rushes inside past the surprised mook trying to locate where the sound is coming from inside
(10:45:24 PM) Grace: ((Awareness 13
(10:46:19 PM) ***Mandos grabs the butler, one hand in his chest, pulling him forward and kicking out as his legs to haul him under his arm, taking himself to his knees and shoving the man, preparing to pin him there until he can lock up his hand with his cuffs. (Athletics 13)
(10:47:34 PM) Terminus_ST: || Grace starts navigating the house, finally finding what seems to be a bookcase, with occasional sounds of pain coming from behind it and a man's voice.
(10:49:28 PM) Terminus_ST: || The "butler" is surprised by the whole thing and goes down, but starts growling immediately, struggling. ((Mira!
(10:50:07 PM) ***Grace waves the team over and gets ready to breach.
(10:53:08 PM) Mirabelle: "Oh, goodness," she blinks at the spontaneous flow of movement, gingerly stepping past Mandos and his new prisoner (out of the latter's reach, naturally). The mouse pivots her rifle from her shoulder to a ready state, easing into a kneel and aiming toward the hidden entryway with a nod to Grace; covering fire is
(10:53:09 PM) Mirabelle: always a good thing!
(10:53:39 PM) Terminus_ST: ((Dex!
(10:53:44 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel moves forward, leveling his shotgun at the man's face. "Think it over... think it over real hard." ((Intimidate - 13))
(10:54:31 PM) Mandos: (Nice, Dex!)
(10:54:54 PM) Dex_Tavrel: ((*wink*))
(10:56:43 PM) Terminus_ST: || The mook takes his turn to... look at the shotgun and go very still.
(10:58:13 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel pulls out a pair of nice large serviceable cuffs from a back pocket and secures the man. "Good man, you'll live."
(10:58:45 PM) ***Grace goes about pulling books off the shelf and looking for the door mechanism
(10:59:03 PM) Grace: ((awareness 16
(10:59:10 PM) ***Mandos nods and picks the man up off the floor and puts him down in a chair. "How does the door open?" He gestures to where Grace is.
(10:59:22 PM) Terminus_ST: || Grace finally finds a recessed button that would look decorative if she wasn't looking closely.
(10:59:26 PM) ***Linia gets to where Grace is by the back door, and will meet her there. "I detained an escaping maid, she's just outside."
(11:00:54 PM) Grace: "Good job." She gestures for them to get ready and presses the button
(11:01:12 PM) Terminus_ST: || Inside the hidden room you can see why the butler was trying to slow you down. A man in purple is backed into a corner, and tied to a chair is a bleeding and rather sliced up Delwinn O'Shay.
(11:02:02 PM) ***Mandos looks at the man in the chair. "You going to stay here, or do I have to break your knee?"
(11:03:24 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel nods to Mandos, "I'll keep an eye on him."
(11:04:05 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel moves to just inside the door, out of view of the street.
(11:04:23 PM) Terminus_ST: || The mook seems to have lost the will to fight just sitting there. "I know when I'm beat..." he mutters. The man in purple, presumably Lord Doyle, smiles, striding forward, saying "Ah, you're here to rescue me?"
(11:06:12 PM) ***Grace sighs "Well if it isn't idiot number 1.." she murmurs, her sword pointed at the man in purple as she moves towards O'shay, her free hand glowing with a faint green aura of a healing spell to stabilize him, "Not quite, chuckles, Are you Lord Vincent Doyle?"
(11:06:15 PM) ***Mandos moves towards where Grace is, his hand resting on the hilt of his blade, looking between the two men."
(11:06:54 PM) Terminus_ST: "Yes... and I will thank you not to point that sword at me!" He takes on a wounded expression.
(11:08:50 PM) Grace: "And why is a fellow noble sitting tied up and cut on in your residence?" she asks
(11:09:34 PM) Terminus_ST: "Why aren't you asking that man you have detained up front?"
(11:09:34 PM) Mirabelle: The mouse quite pointedly chambers a round in her rifle, the sound a noisy *clack-clack* She remains where she's poised, leveled after Doyle. She maintains a bright expression throughout, of course.
(11:10:15 PM) Mirabelle: "We should probably keep in mind that there is a shapeshifter involved here..."
(11:10:58 PM) ***Mandos nods to Mira. "I say we talk all three down to the cells and see what pops back to their real shape."
(11:11:19 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel flicks his ears... darting out of his spot to the back of the house, looking for the maid.
(11:12:26 PM) Terminus_ST: || Dex tries to find the maid, but she's gone as if she'd never been, except for her dress, found in a hedge in a park blocks away.
(11:15:42 PM) ***Grace heals O'Shay and looks back to Doyal, "Lord Doyle you are currently facing charges for criminal conspiracy, racketeering, extortion, conspiracy to commit murder, fight fixing, terrible taste in clothing, and whatever else Linia can tack on that might stick at the moment. I suggest you stop acting indignant and come up with a damn good explanation. Cuff him Mandos."
(11:16:42 PM) Terminus_ST: || Doyle sputters, looks at Mandos, looks UP at Mandos and pales, falling silent.
(11:16:58 PM) ***Dex_Tavrel comes jogging back, huffing and looking annoyed as hell. Dress in hand. He waits in the entryway room.
(11:17:59 PM) ***Mandos steps forward and takes out his shackles, clapping him in irons. "A good choice, Lord." He gestures for him to step into the hall.
(11:20:25 PM) ***Grace slaps cuffs on O'Shay and calls for a Paddywagon so they can interrogate their three prisoners back at central as to the events that occurred. Seeing the maids dress in Dex's hands she also sends a patrol to check on Davan’s place and an undercover to watch the cages at the casino too in case he tries to pick up a check or something.
(11:23:38 PM) Terminus_ST: || When you get the prisoners back, all three of them turn out to be what they appear. Delwinn O'Shay is treated and his testimony taken. Apparently, he was one of few to know that no one else had bet on the winner, making him an inconvenient witness.-
(11:25:29 PM) Terminus_ST: - The CP had stopped him from becoming a former loose end, and he is released after treatement and an oath to Cerion to only fight in legal arenas. Lord Doyle had only been in it to recover his money from the bookie, his silent partner, the butler, just as desperate.
(11:26:43 PM) Terminus_ST: || Davan aka Cookie does indeed turn up at the Casino for his check, and has to be rescued from Marconis wrath before he can be charged. The note Linia found is key in charging Jann with the murder and abuse of the corpse.
(11:27:39 PM) Terminus_ST: ((And that is our game, and the end of that storyline :)

Post Reply