Affiliation Blog: The Abyssal Empire

Open roleplaying fourm for S3.
Sophia2
Visitor

Affiliation Blog: The Abyssal Empire

Post by Sophia2 » 09/25/14

Welcome Loyalists!

The Abyssal Empire has a mission - and that mission comes from our most basic beliefs. We have a desire to dominate, and ambitions of empire. Our aim is a true peace - a peace founded upon the dignity and rights of every man and woman to compete freely and fairly, without restraint, for their happiness and prosperity, unhindered by laws which cuckold us to the least among us and enshrine mediocrity as a virtue! Why should we not form a society with but one object, the furtherance of the Abyssal Empire and the bringing of the whole world under Abyssal rule. What a dream, but yet it is probable; it is possible!

Our purpose in Terminus is to prevent the success of aggression. It is not conquest, it is not tyranny, it is not foreign bases, it is not domination. It is, simply put, to sell our Empire to the people of Terminus. To use word, deed, and logic to convince this great city of the rightness of aligning with us.

I, Sophia N'tal the Second, am here in Terminus to bring about just such an alignment. I have behind me not only the splendid traditions and the annals of more than a thousand years of Drycan culture, but the living strength and majesty of The Assembly and Empire; of societies old and new; of lands and races different in history and origins but all, by the Emperor's Will, united in spirit and in aim.

Terminus is still bitter from the barbarian depravity of the so-called "Wolfen Empire". Hah! To plunder, to slaughter, to steal.... these things they misname empire; and where they make a wilderness, they call it peace. We are not an empire of barbarians!

Part of what is wrong with the Terminus view of Drycan imperialism is that it is antithetical to their interests. Disproving this notion will take a long time. It will take subtle, thoughtful, endeavors. I encourage you all to join me in doing your best to support this cause!
Last edited by Sophia2 on 09/25/14, edited 1 time in total.

Sophia2
Visitor

Re: Affiliation Blog: The Abyssal Empire

Post by Sophia2 » 09/25/14

Daughters of the Empire:

My half-sister, Lisha, has opened a new social club in Terminus strictly for the females of the Empire. While this club is exclusively for females, there will be events in which any Daughter may bring a male guest, and the occasional open invitational to all loyalists regardless of gender. Still, there is a time and a place in which we women of the Empire must have our own space, just as our men have their social clubs and private places for conversation between men. Find other like-minded women, make commitments, and grow your space. Seek out the space you need rather than sitting there like some lesser wishing you would stumble upon it. If you can’t find a space that fits, make the space you want and make it well. And so this is just what Lisha did. I could not be prouder of her initiative!

N'Tal Siblings Arrive in Terminus:

Tarrant and Ariana N'tal have just arrived in Terminus, and already hosted their first invitational gather. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend myself, but from all that has been reported to me, it was a smashing success, offering opportunities to both Imperial citizens, and some natives curious about us. Keep in mind that while I speak for the Empire in Terminus, male abyssals will probably wish to speak to Tarrant N'tal for issues specific to the gender that would be his prerogative to handle.

Sophia2
Visitor

Post by Sophia2 » 10/23/14

The Stormcaller Returns!

Loyalists rejoice! I've just returned from the court of The Emperor with word that relations between The Assembly and The Stormcaller have begun a turn for the positive! Those who have studied their history can tell you; when what we know as The Assembly shed their mortal forms to become the true gods of Thelus, so too did the former Empress of the Empire, Vashifara. Her rise to power took a different path than the rest of The Assembly, and the cry of her deification was the sound of the old capital city of Drycas being ripped out of this plane (much like Terminus herself) and deposited within a realm of the Abyss, becoming Pau Lantis reborn, a holy city existing in the realm that once belonged to our demon masters. And how it most deliciously rankles the followed of the Demons of Old to have mortals living in their plan, worshiping and thriving under the glory of a newborn goddess!

Anyway, The Stormcaller and The Emperor have begun new negotiations towards a closer relationship. The gossip has it that she will retain her primary control over Pau Lantis, and retain her base of power there, having less interest in the mortal affairs of Thelus. However, we may be seeing a further consolidation among our allied gods! Within our lifetime, we may see the other dark gods aligning under the leadership of The Emperor. Exciting times are also dangerous times, be mindful of upheaval and spiritual disturbances!

Tristana Calls For Her Crown!

In a rather unexpected but welcome bit of news, Princess Tristana has called for her crown from her homeland of Trion. Allied with the empire, the nation of Trion is our industrial partner and main producer of all sorts of mechanical wonders. While the bulk of it's population are human, Trion is lead by two hand-picked representatives of The Emperor, and the fact that their daughter now seems willing to take her place in the line of succession is a good sign that the leadership of our partner nation will face a smooth transition!

Deeds Not Words Help Terminus!

Cerion lake is dying! When Terminus moved, it took part of the saltwater ocean it bordered with it, creating a small lake. Alas, though, this was a land-locked body of saltwater, with the wrong fish for its new climate, and decades of warming under the skies of Nirva have been slowly changing the biome of the lake. Only the constant and ever-harder efforts of local druids have staved off its total decimation. The loss of this lake would be a disaster to the citizens of Terminus, impacting both food and the livelihood of many citizens. I have undertaken to show the Empire's good graces by correcting this problem!

Having called fourth a cleric of the sea goddess, Almedea, I asked her to prevail upon the capricious lady of the seas to work a godly miracle and make the lake viable, and sustainable, on its own. She has responded with a challenge. For special crabs were given out as tokens to myself and three others. Each of these crabs demands tribute, both in blood and in treasure. This tribute must be earned by deeds, meaning I cannot simply throw my bank account at it, nor can I just line up sacrifices from the stocks of the prison. This is a challenge of earned devotion, and future actions, not inheritances, are what will win the day!

I call upon all Imperial loyalists who take action to come to me when they can, and dedicate a portion of their gains to Almedea. At the end of her challenge period, the crabs will have grown into fighting monsters, and will be set upon each other. The winning beast will bring glory to the supplicant that raised it, and if the beast is powerful enough to please Almedea, she will set the lake to rights.

We MUST make this happen. I cannot emphasize this enough! While calling for help does make us look good, it's going to be just a footnote of the Abyssal Empire doesn't make a strong showing in its offerings. I require any who are able to assist me in this task!

Sophia2
Visitor

Post by Sophia2 » 01/28/15

Carve this upon your memory, abyssals: A world is supported by six things: the learning of the wise, the kindness of the great, the truth of the sincere, the loyalty of the brave, the laughter of the sardonic, and the generosity of those in plenty. But all of these things are as nothing without a ruler who knows the art of ruling. Make that the science of your learning.

Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of mortalkind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth she is in. She must reflect what is projected upon her. And she must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples her from belief in her own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits her to move within herself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a person.

My father once told me: "Give as few orders as possible. Once you've given orders on a subject, you must always give orders on that subject."