Adamantite and Old Lace (Open)

Open roleplaying fourm for S3.
Pearl
Visitor

Adamantite and Old Lace (Open)

Post by Pearl » 10/06/15

Pearl was slightly surprised to find herself standing in the middle of a familiar store room. On the first floor of her boarding house building. She quickly glanced around to take stock of the moment. Not a single sign of where she had just come from. With purpose, she stepped out of the room and into the main hallway. As she would secure the door, footfalls were heard descending the stairs. She waited to see who it was.

Meeting her at the base of the stairs was Lilith. Part-time housekeeper and sometimes confidante to Pearl. Whose eyes went large, mouth agape as she dropped her tray to the floor with a loud crash.

"Lillith!", smiled Pearl as she simply stepped around the mess and passed the poor woman as she stepped into the common room. Still dressed for her previous night-time excursion for the Civil Protectorate, she made her way toward the kitchen implements and began to brew herself a pot of tea.
  • "Did you miss me?", the boarding house owner quipped.
Lillith wasn't impressed. Her scowl showed it as she went about picking up the broken plates. Tray secure, she continued into the Common Room. Taking care of the mess, she glanced over to her employer.
  • "I'd ask where you've been," said Lillith. "But I know you're likely not to tell me."
Pearl seemed to have a very smug expression on her face. But her eyes sparkled as she would look to Lillith while pouring hot tea into a cup. Lillith certainly noticed an awareness about her.
  • "Well," continued lilith. "That's just fine with me. But you better know that some of your merry not-so-discreet associates came prying around here when you disappeared. Their words. Not mine."
Pearl paused for only a moment, "Oh, really? Who?"

She stepped to the common table and took a seat. Calmly sipping her tea, Lillith related the unexpected arrival of Ace Hacksaw and other Syndicate associates. Who took to searching the boarding house. Both high and low. In effort to find clues as to Pearl's whereabouts. Because Pearl, as Lilith explained, had mysteriously vanished during a mission for the Civil Protectorate. Another excursion that Pearl hadn't bothered telling Lillith about.

Pearl's eyes glazed over only slightly as Lillith continued the tale. While continuing to bitch her out for being missing - without a word - for three days. Pearl hoped the tenants haven't been inconvenienced. As that would be bad for business. Then Lillith mentioned the Abyss and she snapped out of it.

• "Three days, you say? But it felt like only a matter of hours to me. Now that is interesting."
  • "Then it's true?" asked Lillith.

"What is true?"

"That you were kidnapped by a demon and taken to the Abyss?"

"Yes."

"I overheard Hacksaw suggest you were being tortured or getting into an orgy."
Pearl began to cackle maniacally at those suggestions. Nothing could be further from those truths. If only they knew what really happened.
  • "We'll have to just keep Ace wondering which one it was. Now won't we?"

Pearl
Visitor

Re: Adamantite and Old Lace

Post by Pearl » 10/06/15

Several more days would pass. Pearl kept herself incommunicado. Her bedroom shutters remained closed. Lillith cancelled Pearl's eskimador exercises for the week. Rumor had began to run rampant around the immediate Hollowdown neighborhood. Apparently, Pearl had fallen deathly ill. It was all poor Lillith could do to keep up the front. Finally, she simply told a neighbor that Pearl had traveled to Shirioshima to trace her family tree.

When she related this, Pearl laughed and congratulated the housekeeper on her ability to adapt.

"Family tree...what a wonderful idea!", said Pearl aloud.

Finally, Pearl began to consider what it was she wanted to do. She sat down at her office desk and began to scribble a few notes. The first one, she sealed and gave to Lilith. With a unique Syndicate coin which would be familiar to the notes recipient. And another for the local messenger who she would use to deliver this note.
  • Dear Ace,

I heard that you were looking for me? I'm flattered. I didn't know that you cared? I'm back from my trip to Shirioshima. Been doing some research into my family tree. I'm back now and feeling refreshed. You should drop by for tea some time.

Yours, Pearl Essence

Pearl
Visitor

Re: Adamantite and Old Lace (Open)

Post by Pearl » 10/06/15

Guild of Navigators
Office of the Enforcer

• To whom it may concern,

Recently, I participated in a mission for your guild. I understood this mission to have been successful. And informed the Enforcer who assigned our team, that I would contact your guild further concerning compensation. As money was not my concern.

Some background about me is in order for this to be understood. Prior to the Battle of the Abyss, before your guild reasserted it's place and control of the Terminus Beacon and all matters of teleportation, I had previously utilized my own form of this. Which was not reliant upon your Beacon. As an arcane student of elemental animism, my affinity for fire is my method of transport. Through available open flame within short to medium distances to location I already had familiarity with. Again, not reliant upon your Beacon.

Out of respect to the authorities, I ceased using this method over these many years.

I would like very much to pursue this further with an appointment with your office. Specifically concerning the re-establishment of my right of way with regard to teleportation.

Yours, Pearl Essence
    Pearl's Boarding House
    Hollowdown