Login
Username:
Password:
Lebrasier
Patron
SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

For those of you who are curious about SoEmote...

ImageImage

"LOOOOOOOL"

I didn't even have to pull that much of a dorky face to make this happen, and I found that sometimes even when I keep my face straight, Nikolei looked like he'd been taking something strong.

The verdict? Great if your toon is meant to be a bit "simple". Otherwise, it's just too hard to keep your character looking sober.

Anyone else got any dorky pictures of their toon in SoEmote?

/Nikolei
Last edited by Lebrasier on August 7th, 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Brighthawk
Thelus Developer

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

What the I don't even. My god.

"OH YEAH THIS IS TOTALLY WHAT YOU GAIS NEED TO ROLEPLAY AMIRIGHT?" - SOE Corprate.
Erithe
RM Staff
Dragon Bunneh

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

That made me laugh hysterically.

"Ainaree thinks Erithe is edible and so follows her around at a friendly distance, awaiting her death ...
When she pats Erithe on raids, it's really massaging her like delicious kobe beef."
- Ainaree (from SB, 9/17/2011 at 4:09 p.m.)
Morenin
Honored Resident

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

Andddd the urge I was having to go back to EQ2 just went away.

"UMM, I though there was a sign up sheet or waiting line for people who want to kill Morenin?" -Maleo, 4/7/2010

Taysa
Resident
SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

The last screen looks like Butthead....

Rencey
Resident

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

wasted development time is wasted.

ever sense Smokejumper joined,this game has been downhill and now imo on a very sharp downward spiral. They need to figure out that this isnt friggin Gaia or any of those other games. EQ2 was once for subs only..and an MMO

Taysa
Resident
SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

As others will undoubtedly point out, SoE didn't even develop this and only paid for licensing and the use of it. It is also being "beta tested" (I use the term loosely because we all know how seriously SoE takes their beta testing) for EQNext.

That being said, if this is a key feature of the future EQNext, it looks like I won't be playing. I'd rather play a game with substance, not this fluff garbage they are pushing on us.
Lebrasier
Patron
SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

I thought perhaps SoEmote would be better on a non-soga model. I thought wrong...

Poor Nikolei must've been terrified at the sight of his own warped, disfigured face.

I kept a straight face, and Nikolei's face very gradually began to turn into this. I considered the possibility that I might've been suffering a stroke, but one look in the mirror assured me that this was not the case.

There are no words...

Tanaii
Pranceless Muse

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

I wish I had a webcam just so I could log around and play with this shit, lol. Unintentional hilarity, hooray!
Ainaree
Iksar-In-A-Box

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

The voice convertor does nothing for convincing anyone I'm a guy. Boo~! XD

Cybele
Practically Staff

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

Tanaii wrote:I wish I had a webcam just so I could log around and play with this shit, lol. Unintentional hilarity, hooray!

This.

Holy crap this is hilarious.

Terrible. But hilarious. I hope they decide to dump the idea after they see the outcome. But at least we'll get a few laughs out of it, right?

I'm the slow dying flower
In the frost killing hour

Gallery
Thrizzik
Honored Resident
SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

Someone do this with an Iksar and a Sarnak. Will so return to EQ2 AND get a webcam just to see this.

Ainaree
Iksar-In-A-Box

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

Thrizzik wrote:Someone do this with an Iksar and a Sarnak. Will so return to EQ2 AND get a webcam just to see this.

I could only get some normal faces on my Iksar. Lizard faces are a lost more fixed and not as prone to derp-outs.

Lebrasier
Patron
SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

You can't do so much with an Iksar's face. Here are two unique expressions though...

Ainaree
Iksar-In-A-Box

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

Nikolei wrote:You can't do so much with an Iksar's face. Here are two unique expressions though...

Blue? Huh. I will have to change how I color them.

Need more people to contribute to the thread or I'm going to just assume that Nikolai is ESPECIALLY weird looking offline... :]

Lebrasier
Patron
SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

"DUUUUHHHHHHH"

Korean horror movie, anyone?

She doesn't like it when you stare at her right eye...

And to give you an idea of "the face I'm using"... here's a picture of me when I DO look a bit odd...

Ainaree
Iksar-In-A-Box

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

Darn... no more speculation as to the model based on glitch faces!

That barbarian (or is it a dwarf?) dude is doing quite the war cry. Effectively scares me, at least!

Diera
Honored Resident

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

Peralin wrote:What the I don't even. My god.

"OH YEAH THIS IS TOTALLY WHAT YOU GAIS NEED TO ROLEPLAY AMIRIGHT?" - SOE Corprate.

I shall express myself in memes...

In short:

Story Time FAQ

"I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone." -- The Doctor, Doctor Who: The Lazarus Experiment

"I am become Grey. I stand between the darkness and the light; between the candle and the star." -- Delenn, Babylon 5: Atonement
Thrizzik
Honored Resident
SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

Must see Sarnak, Troll, and Ogre.

Brighthawk
Thelus Developer

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

That iksar is AMAZING.
Lebrasier
Patron
SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

Thrizzik wrote:Must see Sarnak, Troll, and Ogre.

I'll let someone else do those. Others should submit some; the webcam I'm using might play a role in making it easier to make a toon look hilarious.

Cassidhe
Honored Resident

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

Okay, I'll be the token creephat here and say that RL Nikolei is damned handsome.

Yeah yeah, I know.. ~slithers back off to her closet~

I am the cup, mended and washed.
I am the true container of all that I've lost
And all that I've lost and gathered again,
Is only what hangs in the air when the music ends.
Corydonn
Resident

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

How to stare at a screen.
Tregarde
Practically Staff

SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

I think we now know why the video that first showed us SOEmote in action used a Froglok.

On the plus side, it might be very entertaining watching patrons at the Nutshell tomorrow.
Last edited by Tregarde on August 7th, 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Lebrasier
Patron
SoEmote
August 7th, 2012

Corydonn wrote:

How to stare at a screen.

That's exactly what happens for me, the constant jittering of the lips like my toon is going "b-b-b-b-b-buuuhh-b-b-b-b-bu-b-b-b-buuuuh"

Codex

Next