Poetry Poll

Help for the novice and expert alike.

Would you be interested in having some kind of place to post your poetry here on the RM?

Poll ended at 02/02/12

Yes! (I am a poetry writer and would love this!)
50%
Yes! (I don't write poetry, but I'm a fan who likes to discuss poetry)
14%
Yes! (I'm not interested, but I'm not against it)
32%
No Opinion
5%
Nope! (Bah humbug you poetry freaks!)
No votes
Nope Nope Nope!! (poetry frightens me on a deep level)
No votes

Total votes: 22

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Poetry Poll

Post by Erithe » 01/30/12

Hi!

I'm thinking of starting something for poetry writers where we could post poetry and discuss it. I would like to get a feeling for who would enjoy having this options.

I've included options for everyone, because I know some of you just can't stand not clicking polls even when you have no interest in the topic at hand :D So please take this seriously (even if the options are a little funny) and vote appropriately.

Brighthawk
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Re: Poetry Poll

Post by Brighthawk » 01/30/12

I'm frightened to share my emo though.

Dramira
Resident
Resident

Post by Dramira » 01/30/12

Yes. There's a space for visual artists and sections for stories. Let the poets share, too. :)

Ijaka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Ijaka » 01/30/12

My answer is completely contingent on whether or not dirty limericks count as poetry.

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Well, it's not like poets can't post in the Gen. Art gallery or that people with Artists Alleys cant post poetry there. I was more wondering if there might be interest a thread or a forum or some platform through which to specifically share poetry and discuss it. If that makes sense?

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Ijaka wrote:My answer is completely contingent on whether or not dirty limericks count as poetry.
Vaguely?

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 01/30/12

I'll likely be more inclined to keep trying to write poetry in general if this happens. I did it a lot in highschool with my creative writing class and before that I got a pretty decent sized poem published in some collection of gradeschool kids poems. But, since then I have done very little and have always felt..awkward about it.

Cynnamin
Regular
Regular

Post by Cynnamin » 01/31/12

Hello, my alts name is Slipps and I write poetry that is inflicted on others weekly as she is a bard! :lol:

Aristeia
RFN DJ
RFN DJ

Post by Aristeia » 01/31/12

Welp, all of Dev's 'songs' were poetry I attempted to write. I think an idea like this is great!

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 01/31/12

Aristeia wrote:Welp, all of Dev's 'songs' were poetry I attempted to write. I think an idea like this is great!
I was wondering when you would decide to poke in.

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Post by Erithe » 02/26/12

Please note that we've taken down the commissions forums (people can request commissions in the General Artist Gallery again), and changed it over to the Ink Cupboard, which is meant for poetry, word-art, and critique.