Vagabond Knights (Good)

A listing of the guilds of the Raven's patrons.
Telis
Resident
Resident

Vagabond Knights (Good)

Post by Telis » 01/15/11

Guild Name: Vagabond Knights
Guild Leader: Telis (Captain), Abaja (Lieutenant)
Guild Ambassadors:
Guild Level: 90
Guild Website: Vagabond Knights

GUILD STYLE:

Basic Alignment: Good with Chaotic Tendencies
City Affiliation: Qeynos
Guild Roleplay Style: Heavy
Guild Heraldry:
Guild Facilities: Main hall consists of an incomplete mansion in the South Qeynos rich district. The Eency Weency Spider (Tavern), The Bookworm (Tavern / Bookstore)

ROLE IN NORRATH: The Vagabond Knights were founded years ago by two refugees of Freeport, Spindel and Tosta. With a handful of misfits and individuals of similar ilk to them, the Vagabond Knights were born. This ragtag band of 'knights' grew with the numerous souls who did not just wish to leave the dark shadow of their city, but to also take up arms for those who would soon follow.

While the Vagabond Knights have been around, more often they act through the shadows. Being there for just about every major event involving Qeynos and her allies, the knights have shown to be staunch yet unpredictable ally. Living with a reputation of smugglers and black sheep, the knights made a strong effort to undermine Freeport, and Neriak as it unearthed, while creating a route of passage and safety to those who wished to flee the cities. Unlike the Squires who act hidden within Freeport, the Vagabond Knights act from anywhere they can, often coming from unexpected locations.

With a reputation of being the "Black Dogs of Qeynos", the Knights have often found themselves in trouble with their city and allies as much as they do with their enemies. While never malicious, they often are a source of unrest and chaos as they try their best to make a living in their new home. With the Qeynos Guard constantly watching them, at home they are seen more as vigilantes and rogues needing to be controlled. However, no one can deny that their intentions and ends are aligned with the light.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Religion/Philosophy:Of all things different among us, there is one thing we all follow: Our Charter. And above all, to allow all a chance to walk in the light.

History: The Vagabond Knights have been a constant presence in Qeynos since its founding. Often with the reputation of the "Black Dogs of Qeynos", the knights have been known to be as much trouble to Qeynos as they are to their enemies, granted more for general chaos than malicious intent. After several years of interfering with Freeport and Neriak's plans, the Vagabond Knights have shown themselves able and strong protectors of Qeynos and her citizens.

However, as enemies rose, so did the risk. The Vagabond Knights suffered a deadly attack at one such enemy which left their hideout destroyed, several knights killed, and their knights scattered. Slowly they began to reform after fleeing to safety. With their resources destroyed, the Knights suffered a long road of recovery. Today they still bear scars of their ordeal, but even now the black and gold sun that adorned their cloaks are seen once more.

Motivations: To live by their charter ... "To let everyone have a chance to walk in the light."
Disposition: Confident, Proud, Carefree
Outlook: Optimistic

GUILD ALLIES or ENEMIES:
  • Faction: Qeynos (Allied)
    Faction: Kelethin (Allied, uneasy)
    Faction: Halas (Neutral, friendly terms)
    Faction: Defiance (Allied, Uneasy)
    Faction: Order of Solace (Starting alliance)
    Faction: Freeport (Enemy)
    Faction: Neriak (Enemy)
COMMON RUMOR(S) ABOUT THIS GUILD:
  • Rumor: Even though the Vagabond Knights are allied to Qeynos, some members don't seem to hold a very high opinion of the Queen recently.
    Rumor: While most of the knights live up to the name of Vagabonds, there are a few that do have homes.
    Rumor: 'The Spider' is only a front to something more important to the knights.
    Rumor: The Vagabond Knights currently hold 352 records of arrests, detainments, and prosecuted charges for varying public disturbances.
    Rumor: The Vagabond Knights fled to Blacktree island after the destruction of their hall, which was incidentally considered maliciously haunted. Shortly afterwards, the hall was sold to Blackburrow. Any Gnolls that had been seen entering have never left.
OOC INFORMATION:

OOC Description:
The Vagabond Knights are a gathering of heavy roleplayers who wish to take to the odd path of playing a misfit or a betrayer of Freeport of Neriak for the sake of good. Playing with a more chaotic bent to doing the right thing, our group wavers into fighting evil in its own way, often combating it with down to earth and dirty tactics while still clinging to a strong sense of honor and righteousness. This doesn't mean we don't open our doors to good races, the knights look to anyone willing to help their cause.

Story and setup aside, we focus on friendly, OOC Dramaless, and community reaching environment where we not just promote our own roleplay, but the roleplay of others in the community. Plots, stories, character development, and guild relationships are just portions of our attempted portfolio as we try to give the best experience we can deliver. We also run an in game channel "Spider" which is our live tavern open at all times (unlike the Spider that exists in game at 4 Bayle Court, "The Spider" in South Qeynos, runs every 8PM EST).

We currently do not recruit evil classes and Freebloods. Inquisitors, Assassins, Coercers, and Bruisers are not open for invite, however can join the guild under specific conditions.

Banner was done by the talented player of Rose Gubbins.
Last edited by Telis on 03/03/11, edited 1 time in total.

Kosovos
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Re: Vagabond Knights (Good)

Post by Kosovos » 03/02/11

I have been with the Knights for several years, and they have taught me much about the world around the sarnak and them. i came to these people to gain a place of reason to be in Qeynos. I soon learned they were much more then they appear. They are good folk and I am proud to be in their ranks. I learned so much from them, and made a good group of friends in the process. Very very honorable folk.

Jektarka
Visitor

Post by Jektarka » 10/23/11

This ... guild. It was they who spared my life from an unjust sacrifice. They meddled in affairs that were not their own, and because of it, my life is now theirs. They seek honor in the light, a place for those who have turned away from their nature, their ways, to find hope in a world that has little to spare. They fight with distinction, but their means are questionable, but never once have I followed an order that brought their allegiances into question.

Shizouka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Shizouka » 09/06/13

In my many years, I have seen these people take on many roles in Qeynos society. They are a wide range of people, not always the most refined or willing to work within the system, but good.

I have known many of their rank in my time and call them friends and allies. We may not always see eye to eye in our execution of our duties, but I do not know of many others outside my own guild members whom I would rather have my back in a crisis.

Slipps
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Slipps » 12/31/15

Slipps
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Slipps » 03/15/17

The Captain sat at her desk, not the one in the Mansion where she conducted most of her business, but the one at the Spider, which, despite it's much more public location, was a bit more private. Few dared to bother the Captain when in this office, though the other was open to any barging and needful lounging of the crew that wanted an ear. Here she did the harder work, the quieter work, the work that was more sensitive.

She sipped a cup of tea and contemplated the letters on her desk, both were from her brother, one was written in standard Ratongan, the other in what could only be called "Smallcorners". While there were others in her family that played courier, even before she largely retired from the duty, some messages still needed to travel the regular post due to time, location, and availability. Thus the family scribble. She reread the second message, then tucked it away into a secret place before filing the first one in a more normal location. Not quite business, not quite family news.

A tap on the door, that she acknowledged, revealed a nervous looking scrub. "Ahh...ma'am? Fondue got loose, again."

"Whats I's tells yous abouts feedings hims sweepings?" Slipps huffs lightly as she shoos the scrub out, carefully closing, and locking, the door behind her as they exit.