An LC's Journal - AT`S

Diaries, logs, and personal notes.
TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: An LC's Journal - AT`S

Post by TinweSaa » 07/30/12

I am married officially now. The ceremony was wonderful. Asurea did a magnificent job with the decorating of her temple. The reception at Soulfire was wonderful Everything was excellent as it always. Lady Doom was our flower girl and filled in for the missing Akirri as the ring bearer. I will say, she did a beautiful job. Slipps song was so amazing. Dalyia did not see to be too happy at the reception. I noted she just played with her food. I am not sure what that was about. I will have to talk to her. Everyone else seemed to enjoy themselves. Our gifts were varied, but all of them were thoughtful an...

Seems my husband is looking for me, so the rest will wait till another time.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 08/13/12

Perhaps things have been going too smoothly lately. I have no idea and no further explanation for what has happened at this point. Regardless, Pallidmortis has escaped. Not only did he escape, he did so with assistance from within our ranks. Torvore... Squire Putrid. This one is perhaps the dumbest Ogre of all time. How he acquired Pallidmortis’ wand from Dame Kyr’Eris is a mystery to me. Certainly, he did not take it from her. She would have sent me the Ogre in pieces neatly bundled. I will need ot speak with her. To top it all off, the stupid oaf attacked General T’Viir as she was trying to punish him per my orders.. She ended up in MMRD. The prison warden and the Snu Snu sisters ultimately subdued him and tossed him in a cell. I am not even certain I can make him understand what he did wrong let alone give him a punishment that will assure he does not do this again.

On top of all this Starfall returned and landed in MMRD too. However, judging by all the whispering and gesturing, I suspect I will be putting her on modified duty soon and it has nothing to do with Pallidmortis..

I need to get ready to see the Overlord.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 08/13/12

The handwriting is shaky...

All in all things could have been worse. The fact that I had an unblemished record up till now certainly worked in my favor. I will say it would have been much better if I did not have to stand before the Overlord and answer to him for blunders of those below my rank. However, I am ultimately responsible.

Hopefully, D’Ron will be healed enough to be allowed home today.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 08/20/12

I cannot sleep. D’Ron tried to get me to relax enough to go to sleep, but I just cannot. Too many things happening and too many directions I need to go...

I now know who put the glass powder in the rum that sent me to MMRD and had me sick for a few days after so long ago. Professor Folodu Amrunrosse. She is a curious person and I had taken a liking to her. Now, though... I am not sure what to think. She apologized very sincerely and stated it was done at the height of a passioned moment. I opted not to pursue charges despite her act being treasonous. We have a true Traitor to find. Her and her people would be better put use helping us track down Pallidmortis. That was her choice ultimately, go to a cell or assist us. So she is assisting us as are many others.

General T’Viir and Lieutenant Gray were ambushed the other night. We are not completely sure who is behind this act of treachery. The General and Lieutenant remembered hearing some call out to a person named Bythius, the name of a group called Court of Shadows, on the shard of blade pulled from the Lieutenant’s collar bone was half a golden crescent moon. Knight Isto’Arisa has been assigned to oversee the investigation as the General was involved in the attack.

Supposedly, Veldryss has lead regarding Pallidmortis boarding the Siren’s Folly going outbound from Freeport seven days ago. I hesitate to follow up on this because Veldryss and Dreamort are not exactly trustworthy or upstanding Freeport citizens. However, on the off chance she was telling the truth, I need to send someone to investigate. I will have to decide who.

Squire Dream was in with the baby. Both are happy and well...

~~~The ink trails off the page as the Lady Commander’s husband decided she needed to return to their bed~~~

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 08/20/12

Veldryss lied... Pallidmortis was spotted at Soulfire.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 08/23/12

Dreamort that degenerate. He had the nerve to ask me for a pair of my panties. Hope he enjoys the shiner. Pervert.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 08/31/12

Ink is dripped across the page and a large, deeply pressed in scribble of ink can be seen as the journal lays haphazardly on the floor across the room from her desk. The Commander herself is nowhere to be found at the moment though Patchiez can be heard enjoying his feast in the mess. Gonterdye, Sizzors, T'Ron, and Milivus look at one another and then back to the journal. Gonterdye sighs deeply and rubs his face. "This is going to be a long day. We had better find General Karr."

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 09/04/12

D’Ron tried very hard to help. He said all the right things and did all the right things. He even got me to sleep a bit. I just did not stay that way. I laid in bed next to him as long as I could and just listened to his heartbeat and the sounds of him sleeping. I had hoped it would help me drift back off. However, there is so much going on at the moment. I cannot settle my mind for long.

Tajar puts me between a rock and a hard place. I weather the storm that making a decision on her behalf brought only to be told a few days later, she is through with him. Done. They are no more. Yet, I am supposed to believe that Meaeth did not manipulate her specifically because of her connection to the Third. I am having a hard time believing that. I think perhaps Tajar needs to get in touch with her own culture a little more. For a Teir`dal, she is very naïve. In Neriak, all that presents people with is someone to take advantage of and toss aside when they are done. She needs to find a mentor wise in the ways of her people.

Meaeth… He is a damn inky… People wonder why I call his kind of Teir`dal an Inky… They are just like spilled ink. Nasty, messy, stains everything permanently, and something you just do not want to deal with because you can never clean up fully from it. General T’Viir has new orders. I have every confidence she will follow it through.

The former Vice Commander Devereux is now a self-proclaimed king with a kingdom. I am not sure what to think. We argued vigorously about the Combine agreement The Overlord was forced into by the damnable dragon in Thurgadin before he left without renewing his contract. My last words with my mentor and dear friend were angry words. I would be lying if I said the news of death did not cut deeply in light of how we parted ways. Now, someone raised him from the dead with most of his senses gone. He is very unstable from General T’Viir’s report. His invitation to his kingdom is disconcerting. He was very clear to make a point that we be unarmed and we had no jurisdiction. Ultimately, he needs to be put back to rest again so has not to mar the memory of a one of Freeport’s most loyal citizens and one of the finest soldiers and officers in the Third.

Apparently, Dreamort has closed The Palace which prompted a letter and effort to mediate by Captain Dured’Hel. I have no idea why he would close The Palace. All he needs to do is stop disrespecting my men and acting like a complete and utter deviant with me. He has poured beverages over members of the Third on three occasions, felt up General T’Viir, and asked me for my panties. I have talked to him. I even punched him in the face. The message did not seem to get through. It is not my fault he sat in the mess Patchiez made in the seat next to me in the Crown. How Dreamort missed that I will never know. I very clearly ordered the Ratonga to clean it up. It is not like I speak in hushed tones and timidly. Certainly, Patchiez does not know any better. He was told to clean up the mess. When he turned around, someone was in his seat where he made the mess he was supposed to clean up. He is like a child. As a matter of fact, Patchiez is a stray of Freeport like the oh so many Dreamort takes in and helps. Let him sulk.

Of course, Dreamort’s next action is just baffling. He challenged T’Viir at Coliseum. It was an insult to T’Viir, to Captain Dured’Hel and The Coliseum, and to those of us forced to bear witness to it. I cannot fathom why anyone would challenge someone to a fight and then stand there and willingly be turned into a pin cushion. So now, he disrespects and insults us again. Maybe that is my Rallosian faith speaking. However, T’Viir called him out mid fight. That tells me it was not just me that saw it that way. Certainly, it did not provoke him to defend himself. It was ridiculous. I am not certain what the point of that was. It proved nothing other than Dreamort’s ability to find multiple ways of being disrespectful and insulting. He needs to focus on running his business and helping the less fortunate of Freeport like he has been all along.

In the midst of all this, the perpetrator poisoning ale was spotted at The Coliseum and then at Maiden’s Fancy. Poor Patchiez and Nikatell were his victim. Thankfully, we have an antidote. Unfortunately, we could not get a positive id so I had to let the suspect go. So close… So frustrating. We are still looking for the perpetrators that attacked General T’Viir and LT Gray. We also have a missing militia captain to find, an orc in Thieves Way to contend with, a militia man’s death to investigate, and Pallidmortis to recapture.

A good night’s sleep is a pipe dream…

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 09/09/12

I wish Knight Darkstorm was still with us. I really do. Squire Putrid needs a mentor and role model. He is an embarrassment. No manners. No discipline. He even ogled me. He is dumber than a box of rocks. Nothing seems to seep into his brain. Talking, yelling, punishments... Nothing makes a dent. I am beginning to wonder if it is worth our time to continue trying to work with him. I am not one to give up normally, but I am also smart enough not to beat my head against the wall.

I am not sure who it was, but that was not Lebrasier Devereux. It was very disheartening and distressing. He even asked us to betray our loyalties and become his General in return for title, land, power... It was disconcerting. Part of me wanted to detach his head from his shoulders. However, the earlier conversation I had with Dalyia rolled through my head. Ultimately, the logistics of invading a series of islands with the numbers of people he has up there is a nightmare. As demoralized and cowed as some of them may be, they are bystanders. Many are scared and many have been separated from their children. We are left waiting for him to invite us back. We will go this time with a plan to subdue and bring him back to MMRD. If Dalyia cannot restore him, we figure out how to dispatch him then start the process of returning the people to their homes.

All that Anti-Lucanic rhetoric the rolled of his tongue... The Overlord was strong armed by an ancient and powerful dragon. I am sure the Overlord has a plan. We simply need to be patient, and steadfast as this hand of cards plays out. Certainly, we are not privy to all the intricacies of the situations. The last Combine effort fell apart. I don't see this one lasting either.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 10/10/12

I am slowly being surrounded by the next generation of Norrathians... It is a curious point of view.

Cynna’s little one, Cays is adorable and very energetic. She wants to be a knight. I have offered to train her and I even sparred with her at the Coliseum. She is smart, quick witted, persistent, and instinctual. All important qualities for any warrior or knight. She jumped up on my shield and used it to vault over me and get behind me. It was quite clever. I made her an Honorary Page and gave her toy badge. She is Page Fiesty. We will have to get some training in with her. That should help Cynna out a bit.

Tharskus and Kasabella’s little one has been about recently, Zimgrogg. He wants to be a Knight like his father. He even has his own uniform and a mount. I invited him on patrol with us because he was so eager to a little something. We came upon Riscerys T’Viir, the General’s father. He killed a page in the process of trying to assassinate Lt. Gray. Zim is smart little fighter too. He threw his sword at the assassin’s ankles which helped trip him up as I used the edge of my shield to knock him out. I made him an Honorary Page and gave him a toy badge with a magical crystal to get him back to the hall as well. He is Page Tough. He does his parents proud.

Starfall is yet to have her children. I think they have forced the issue of bed rest for her at this point. It is just as well. She was making me nervous waddling around the halls.

Speaking of generations... Starfall’s father has joined as a Patriotic Citizen. He seems like a good and decent man. Unlike, T’Viir’s. He is deceitful, unprincipled, and arrogant. He was willing to kill the LT for a pocket full of coin. I will enjoy watching Darkstorm detach his head from his shoulders at Festival of Discord.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 10/23/12

We have been very busy. It almost makes me think the upcoming Festival of Discord has started to draw out the crazy people.LT Gray has been captured by his own family with the assistance of Addelyn. The Inky has lost her mind, utterly. Reality is no longer an issue for her as she does not deal in it. She can rot in her cell until it is time to execute her. I made sure they are using mind mage precautions. I have reports of poisonings surfacing among Sanctuary of the Rose who has now sought refuge with Order of Solace as if the Knights could not provide adequate protection. Instead they run to a bunch of Qeynosian sympathizers. If they want to run to Qeynos, perhaps they should get assistance from their military not Freeport’s.

Worst of all Zim was kidnapped. Kasabella comfirmed it was indeed Tarashisa, Tharskus’ ex-wife, who committed the crime. The squire was very distraught. I was not even sure what to say. I promised her we would find the boy. I am...

~~~The ink trails off the page as the LC’s husband is determined to get her to sleep this evening~~~

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 10/29/12

~~~The handwriting is sloppier than usual and looked like it took a greater effort than usual~~~

I think he slipped something in the tea he gave me. He has been talking about sleeping potions to make me sleep. I think I would rather be drunk.

I tried to tell D’Ron how I felt about Zim and what happened. I did not do a good job of explaining. He kept talking about me not being able to be a mother to them all and we could adopt. I am not trying to be a mother to anyone. That Inky bitch stole Zim’s childhood from Zim and his parents in one fell swoop based on the assumption that Darkstorm murdered her husband. She had no proof and no sense of remorse. None. Stupid Inkies. Why do they have to do such vile, awful things? They are almost as bad as the Iksar. The Overlord should stop protecting the lot of the cave dwellers and just seal their cave forever. They will eventu…

~~~Her handwriting grow worse and eventually becomes a line of ink that makes a meandering path for the edge of the page~~~

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 11/19/12

They have fixed Lebrasier, more or less. He no longer thinks he is King. However, a tremendous chunk of his memory is missing. He actually thought I was still a Page and the VC was a Squire. I managed to get him to settle down and accept that time had moved on and he was retired. I offered to allow make him an Advisor and the VC offered him a desk in the Mantis office. This seemed to make him happy. On the flip side, I am going to need to deal with very loyal, patriotic officers who were offended by the Anti-Lucanic commentary Lebrasier made while in th egrips of whatever madness had him.

Things were odd at the Shaded Lotus the other night as well. I am not sure what to make of it, but I was suddenly gripped with some mild paranoia. Some arguing broke out among the staff there which is highly unusual. While I trust Branie would not make the same mistake twice, I was feeling decidedly uncomfortable so I left early. I told D’Ron. He said would join me next time I go and see for himself.

I have not been feeling overly well lately anyway though. I am not sure why. Even certain smells have turned my stomach which is odd for me. Hopefully, his accompanying me will make me feel better. Usually, such things, do not matter. I can handle myself. Why I suddenly feel the need to take comfort in him being immediately by my side, I have no idea.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 12/10/12

I am besieged by emotions that are at once familiar and unfamiliar to me. I am grieving the loss of something I never wanted and it confuses and upsets me further. I did not want to be pregnant. As a matter of fact, I was doing what I could to prevent it. I have been told by Jetamyio that my feelings are normal and they will pass. I am sure she is right. I don’t want this though. Bad enough someone tried murdering me which is why I had the miscarriage, but I did not even know I was pregnant yet. D’Ron seemed angry with me at first. As if I had intentionally not told him anything. I am little erratic to begin with and using birth control so I really was not concerned with things being off. I suppose letting Sizzors do his job properly would have resolved the issue before it started. It seemed so unnecessary. I could not let him be dismissed as my guard though. It was not his fault. It was mine.

D’Ron has been very good about everything. I think he was a bit angry at me for insisting on being transferred out of MMRD. However, with everything happening… Tajar having her baby… The Darkstorm’s finding out they were having twins then Tharskus being brought in comatose and Kasabella humming to him… I needed to be somewhere else. Some place that everything was not right under my nose. Ultimately, I really do not know how he feels about all of this and me now. He has not said anything and I do not know what to say to him.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 12/11/12

Today was my first day back. Standing for long periods of time is rough, but it was good to be at The Coliseum and to see all the Knights. D’Shissar stepped down to spend time with his children, D’Ron promoted up Gray to Captain. He definitely deserves the promotion. I was tired by the end of all that so D’Ron took me home.

I finally started a conversation with him about the attack and the miscarriage. He reminded me he was not much of a talker. He is more of a listener. I know that. He always listens to me no matter how long I go on and on. When he does speak, it is honest and meaningful. He told me that while he wanted a child with me that he was not going to force it. A child was a huge responsibility and I had enough on plate just running the Third. Before he picked me up and took me to bed he said, “None of this is your fault. I SO so want this Assassin for the attack on you and for the mental stress it has brought about. I love you, Arq, and don’t want you to be continuing to worry about things that you can’t change, were not responsible for, and you certainly have your hands full enough with day to day activities." Those were good words to hear before falling asleep curled up with him.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 12/17/12

I would like to say that I don’t know what possessed me, but I know. In the moment, I saw my own childhood. Their parents died in service to Freeport and the Overlord just like mine did. More than that, their fathers were my guards. Their wives were innocent victims. Collateral damage to their husband’s professions like my mother. No one wanted to adopt me. I was disobedient, angry, hurt, and wanted my sister. My parents were dead and I was living in the Freeport Embassy in Gorowyn. Everyone adopts babies not little children. Certainly a group of three being adopted is rare.

D’Ron should get husband of the year for putting up with me. He did not hesitate in his answer. He made certain I was sure it was what I wanted. Officially we are adopting Rufinus and Akena Millivus and Sharilee Sizzors. When everything is all finalized, they will all share the name Karr. When the Sweet Shoppe is no longer considered a crime scene, I will make sure it is held in trust for the children. That means, I will need to purchase it and then staff it for the time being. Perhaps Dalyia will run it for them. I should ask her. Of course, I will need to tell her she is an Aunt now.

Sounds like it is time for breakfast... Today’s menu is pancakes, bacon and cookies. Today should prove interesting.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 12/18/12

I got the Frostfell Tree today. Those ridiculous goblins made me go all the way to Inkyville. Then that one had me go out to Obol Plains. Nonetheless, it was worth it. The tree looks beautiful. Then Rufinus decided to help decorate. All my fragile items that were supposed to be securely tucked away made it to the tree and the star was swapped for a Lucan D’Lere action figure. At least he was patriotic about it. The servants helped get it all straightened out.

The girls came with us to The Coliseum. They got to meet Cays. I had Cays show them what she does there and help out. They had a little burping contest. I had to yell to make Tough and Sougad stand down. This upset the girls. I had to explain to them that sometimes I do not have much of a choice especially with Ogres. They get caught up in their battle frenzy or anger and I have to yell to get their attention. They seemed ok with this. I suppose I should watch it, but there are some realities that they are going to have to accept. I do command soldiers for a living.

Soulfire was all decked out for the holidays. It was very festive. The Dame had her hands full with Arasai when I first got there. Later on, we got to speaking. She never fails to remind me why I have so much respect for her. She was compassionate and sympathetic about the miscarriage. Also, she is going to help with the investigation of the killer that has at this point taken out 3 of my guards, 2 of their wives, killed Knight Eb’Udae’s brother, and attacked me. Hopefully, we can find this beast soon. She has made a direct challenge and thumbed her nose at us with the murders of my two guards and their wives.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 01/15/13

Tajar has returned to us after a diplomatic mission with The Fera. I will say her efforts were more successful than I had expected. We have an alliance with the group. They should prove loyal. Unity is something they understand. Their assistance handling some of the local issues that The Third has little time for will give our Pages and Squires ample opportunity for training. I recalled her home on the spot and gave her a well deserved promotion.

Having adopted the children has brought my parents back to the forefront of my mind. More specifically my Mother as I am now one myself. I discover I have been guilty of neglecting her memory for my Father’s. So I have been pursuing mastering her trade as time allows me. Oddly, it has taught more about people than anything I do all day long. I could do without the perversity however. Everytime I turned around I was being asked to cook something.

I dislike cooking. I always have. Dalyia is far better at it than I will ever be. I defer to her talent gratefully in this area of life. In all honesty, I never had to cook for myself. I went from living in an embassy to barracks then to living with Dalyia and now D’Ron who has servants. I have never complained because cooking makes me feel immediately violent. Worst of all, they ask me to make healing salves and potions and balms. Why would these people ask me to cook such things when it is so very obvious I harm touch things for a living? Just writing about his is making me feel violent. I set the Hussars upon the tasks so I could turn my thoughts back to my Mother. I will make sure they are properly compensated for their ordered assistance. I left them each a bottle of rum from my stash as well. So there should be no complaining in the morning.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 02/11/13

I cannot complain of boredom... We have a sect of the Marrian group, Knights of Truth still active in Freeport. Traitors of the worst kind have been hiding in the shadows of the city. This will not be tolerated. They even had the audacity to enter into The Overlord’s Crown for drinks. They were not smart enough to keep their drunken mouths shut though. Fortunately, I had it warded against fire so the damage was minimal. We will find them though and end their days in the name of the Overlord. We have one of their number, Varuuk. The information D’Shissar got out of him was useful, but he had no idea where they were hiding. I suspect he was an ogre missed when their intelligence was returned. We will make his capture useful and meaningful with a visit to Lucan’s Mount.

General Starfall discovered a void shard a few weeks back. While we were at the Crown, she was attacked and stabbed with a blade made from a similar void shard. The attacker was immediately taken into custody and questioned. The Erudite female is virtually insane from exposure to the void energies. Information was limited, but fruitful. We have discovered a void anchor attempting a much more full foothold. We will be clearing it out and setting things to right. The General remains stable, but comatose according to MMRD. They believe if we destroy the anchor it will release its hold on Starfall. Let’s hope they are right.

The vile little Inky serial killer is still at large. The only pattern in the kills is the symbol and puncture wound. The kills and victims all seem random otherwise. The further we dig, the more I worry this little beast has powerful backing. She is arrogant, overconfident, and very disturbed. The sociopath was even taunting us. “You no good hunter,” she said to us in her weave of sign and cant. We will see about that when her ass gets tossed in the pit.

To top it all off... Deimos is active again. Instead of exploding mail, they are using a biological weapon in the mail infused with a mix of the energies of Cazic-Thule and Bertoxxulous. Ki’Re discovered it in his mail first. He had the presence of mind to head immediately for the quarantine chamber and alert us. D’Ron believes he saw Coggle at the Fancy a couple weeks back. I do not know personally, my only involvement with Deimos was well after the reporting of Coggle as dead. The bastard sent a contaminated letter to Akena though. Fortunately, she was not infected. Unfortunately, I was in my effort to protect her. Thankfully, we had enough healers and Ki’Re sorted out it can be cured with great effort. We will need a cure that does not deplete our healers and a vaccine.

Much to do...

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 03/18/13

I can never complain of boredom. No two days are alike here. Our family has grown. We have taken in one more child, but under unusual circumstances. An old Koada ‘dal came to the Crown with an Ayr’dal baby in his arms. He told us a story of how the mother wanted to kill this child and he was too old to care for her. Based on the circumstances and the timing, I know whose child she is… D’Ron, ever indulgent of me, simply settled for adding a fifth room to the house for the baby.

She is very endearing and very bright. D’Ron says some of that is the partial Seelie blood in her. I have no idea. I do know she has an affinity for animals. She seems to be able to teleport herself at will. She is growing very fast and learning very fast. Faster than normal from what D’Ron tells me. I don’t know. I have never paid attention and the other three were school aged when we adopted them. I do know, she keeps her nanny hopping.

I delivered Tajar’s baby. I cannot say I enjoyed the proceedings. As a matter of fact, it is now on top of my list of disgusting experiences. I suppose this why I did not bother with MMRD. She was born, nonetheless, safely and soundly. Much to my surprise, they named her after me, Ankari Arquenniel Starfall. It is most certainly an honor I do not take lightly, but I was at a loss for words.

Death ever threatens even in the face of new life. Certainly, it has kept us on high alert. Deimos is very active. I have had reports of a winged clockwork Sarnak devastating Omen’s Call and Windstalker Village. Our pro-active response to the Thule-Pox mail threat seems to have redirected them to less subtle means of spreading terror and fear. We will be ready for them. I have no problem meeting their clockwork monstrosity with siege weapons. Multiple canons and spear canons will make short work of that beast.

The serial killer is still at large. She has been oddly quiet. I wonder if they have her hidden at the moment. Tyndir reported someone had provided her a portal out of the Divide. He could not offer much more information. He was magically displaced and slowed when he got close. Damn Inkies. We should reseal their cave once more and let them go back to killing one another. Eventually they will thin their own numbers out enough to make them controllable without costing us a small fortune. I should make that recommendation. Certainly sealing over their hole in the ground is a cheaper alternative.

Nedyraen Yez’Ra… He is among our number once more. He was declared dead. Apparently, they underestimated him. He is a Mantis operative after all. His actual body has been stolen by a void creature. So we are in the process of tracking it down. In the meanwhile, Ki’Re has successfully settled Yez’Ra’s soul into a Ratongan body. We will fast track him to Knight again. His skills, knowledge, and experience as an operative will be a boon to the CE. Besides, work will do him some good. At least, I think it will. It will give him something to focus on and hone his skills once more. I suppose we can release Roo. We no longer need him. Even my basic understanding of Necromancy tells me that souls wish to be with their original bodies not a possession suit. I suspect, Yez’Ra will be able to direct us better than the boy. We will have to be ready to deal with the void creature without too much harm coming to the body.

The house is stirring and I smell breakfast…

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 03/29/13

Pallidmortis… The name makes my blood boil. Traitorous bastard. Even from his hiding hole he creates quandaries for me.

Yez’Ra arrested Ujuru Caz'Ehlir. He has been wanted for the murder of Calidan. He made a full confession without any coercion. He admitted to pushing Calidan to his death. He told me his story of immediate remorse and the guilt ridden days he spent after. He offered to give us Pallidmortis’ present position in exchange for his freedom. However, as per usual, he claims that there is nothing we can do to get the information from him except give him his freedom. I am stubborn enough to let him rot in all honesty. The Traitor will rear his head eventually. He cannot help it.

To complicate matters, some blighted finger waggler showed up almost immediately after the arrest with offers to prove Ujuru’s innocence which is suspect. There is only one thing I would accept in exchange for Ujuru’s freedom at this point is Pallidmortis in a cell awaiting his execution. The finger waggler seemed confident he could make this happen. We will see. In the meanwhile, I have more questions than answers.

I spoke with Lady Ki’Thas. I disliked asking her to wade through old and painful memories. She is utterly certain Calidan died in battle with Pallidmortis which corroborates what the finger waggler said. Lady Ki’Thas suggested I burn Ujuru to ash anyway. He was Pallidmortis’ puppet and was planning evil for a large chunk of Norrath with him. Ujuru foolishly handed over his life as expendable. Being caught is a death sentence. Then again so is being a puppet.

So many questions though… I need to speak to Yez’Ra and get his story…

A line of ink meanders its way across part of the page and a splotch of ink is left… The LC’s husband returned home and wanted her attention.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 06/17/13

I am pregnant...

I could write this 3 dozen more times. I am not sure it will settle right in my head. I feel so horribly sick though. D'Ron just stared at me when I told him. So did Kairya and Tajar. I am not sure what to think myself, to be honest.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 06/28/13

I am not enjoying this pregnancy thing. I think only true masochists do. So far all I have gotten other than light duty is the same round about information.
  • ”How are you feeling? Are you eating?”

“I feel like crap. I do eat, but it comes right back up.”

“You need eat."

"I am eating, it won’t stay down.”

“If you do not eat, I am going to put you in MMRD.”

“I am eating. It won’t stay down no matter what I eat.”

“Here is some tea. You need to eat.”
Yet they wonder why I am frustrated.

Jetamyo told me I am having twins. Apparently, she has had twins as well. She said she was just as sick. It got better about 4 months in. This is the first bit of useful information I received.

I told D’Ron that we are having twins. He just stared at me with his jaw on the desk. Other than that he acts like I am going to run off and do something stupid. In reality, I am so sick and exhausted, I have no desire. He even growled at me and demanded to know if I planned to duel at the Den. I was in civilian garb getting tea from the Dame. He did not even look at me. Ultimately, it was upsetting he does not trust me enough to be responsible. Of course, he points out everything I have done before, but I was not pregnant and sick.

I am thinking I should have taken the Dame up on her offer of additives in my tea.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 09/09/13

I suppose D’Ron was right. The Lebrasier Devereux we knew died in Windstalker Village. The man that returned was nothing but a broken memory. My mentor and friend is dead and has been for some time. I have mourned his passing in some fashion, finally. The deep sense of betrayal I feel still hangs on. I suspect it will for a while. If he had just waited and had faith in the Overlord, none of this would have had to happen. I disliked the Combine as well. However, I never lost faith that our leader would make the right choice at the right time. We cannot know the mind of the Overlord. Our duty is to work to enforce the Overlord's Laws inside Freeport's borders and to strengthen Freeport's military presence throughout Norrath. This should always be our focus not judgment of the leader of great city or his choices.

Dreamort… I do not get him at all. I PERSONALLY assured he had all the permits and papers to open The Palace so long again. All he had to do is keep his nose down and his business dealings away from my eyes and ears. I had never involved myself in his dealings until he brazenly bragged about smuggling stuff into Freeport with his Captain friend in the Crown. He left me no choice. Instead of understanding the situation he created, he twisted the proverbial blade Devereux buried in my back up to the hilt. Then he tries to say he was assisting against Devereux. If that was true, he should have come to us before he got in too deep. We could have offered him support and protection. I personally think he is full of shit. He discovered he was on the losing end of things and could not get his ass out of the fire in enough time.

I am vilified for doing my job of course by Dreamort’s friends and cohorts. They are all so concerned for The Palace and Dreamort. The fact he betrayed the Overlord, the city, and me is immaterial. I allowed the Dame to sway me and show him clemency. He was exiled when I had the right and duty to execute him for treason. However, I am still in the wrong and there is no understanding or appreciation. None of them have brought proof that he was working for Freeport and the Overlord not against him. Quite frankly, I think they are all just after The Palace which Dreamort only managed. I am not sure what they hope to gain. Next time, I will just have him executed on the spot and save myself the headache.

The next time The Palace is open, we will be raiding it. It was in the hands of a traitor after all. We need to assure there will be no more issues and all is in accordance with the laws of the Overlord and Freeport. If they are going to accuse me of abusing my station and power, I might as well be guilty of it.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 02/04/14

I suppose we are presented with the lessons in life we need... Dreamort was a long lesson.

Devereux put me on display to Dreamort sitting in that cell... completely armored and armed... unable to do anything other than wait... Dreamort joined in with the mocking and sedition and treason... My mentor was going to leave me to a dishonorable death. They both knew the path of faith that I followed. Together they mocked me for my duty to Freeport and the Overlord in a final insult.

The Way of Warlord says to accept no quarter and no mercy... There is no honor in it. The hours on the ledge in the Knights of the Rose stronghold made me acutely aware of why.

I allowed the Dame to sway me in regard to Dreamort's activity with Devereux and Knights of the Rose. I suppose part of me wanted to believe that after my being reasonable with him for so long, he just made a mistake trying to follow through on good intentions. I will never know for sure... I believe the truth is Dreamort was dancing on both sides and hoping to end up on the winning team.

The Way of the Warlord says to afford no quarter and no mercy... Never leave anyone breathing because they are likely to stab you in the back.

It was rather foolish of me to think he could handle his business discreetly, logically, and with some semblence of sanity. All he needed to do was keep his nose down and be the local pleasure house manager. A place like that is a treasure trove of information and a resource. I know a resource when I see it. I was willing to give him the laterality he needed to operate as long as he remained a discreet and useful resource. That is not where his vision was, I suppose. He was rebelling. Of course that brings us to the question of why was he rebelling... It certainly does not make sense. I personally got his licenses, permits, certificates, and general paperwork for The Palace through for him the first time around. I had the Knights do his inspection. He opened and was left to his own devices operating a completely legal business. I figured he was smart enough to know a gift when he gets one. Perhaps it is a malady of the mind from some sexually transmitted disease. It is likely. It is not like monogamy was a problem for him. He did not believe in it.

The Way of the Warlord says the dead are not worthy of respect... He is the Pit now.

phpBB [media]