Journal of Xannis Sul'Egna

Diaries, logs, and personal notes.
Xannis
Patron
Patron

Journal of Xannis Sul'Egna

Post by Xannis » 12/24/15

((All below are IC thoughts and feelings of the character and in no way are the views of the player. If offended, please contact Pam in human resources to lodge a complaint))

Hello again Journal.

Things have changed a bit since my last entry. Reading over that.. wow, was I drunk and pissed off. Funny thing, you can take the dark elf out of Neriak, but you can’t take all the Neriak out of the dark elf. Even a monk.

In truth, that’s why I went, in part, to train as a monk. Aside from the combat, I need a great deal of help to control those natural instinct and feelings of hatred and anger that can bubble up at times from the empty black pit of no where over emotionally charged situations. Lyta’s idea to start with, and one I honored after her death. Her being a monk as well from birth, of course it was her idea.

But, I’m doing better now. It took some time but I’m alright at the moment. I can live with it anyway. I won’t say it doesn’t still rankle a bit, but I don’t feel like pulling Kurzou’s head out through his urethra any more. He and I had a conversation, setup some rules, even got the Cartel a contract to support and give them their liquor and harder to come by drinks. Wasn’t the intent, but it came up some how.

Hllan and I are… different. There should be a gulf, a chasm, a canyon, a fiord, or some other geographic span of distance between us, but if anything, we’re closer in some ways. I still don’t get to see her nearly as much as I’d like, but… When we made up there was a shift. A mingling.

I’ve bound myself to only two other women in all my life and one died so quickly, the feeling was little more than the sudden empty hole it caused without having more than a day to enjoy the oneness of it. The second, Vakarina, was through ceremony and mutual respect and love. It endured for years on end, but it was different than even this because of who she was and who I was and our differences in those aspect.

This.. this wasn’t even planned. I’d not even realized it had happened until days later even, so smooth was the transition and flawless was the feeling of oneness. We opened up to one another. I don’t mean we sat around and sipped tea talking about our feelings, I don’t do that very well. Please, hold your shock and surprise in, your mouth is open and flies will land in it.

What I mean was, we opened up our beings. Fully, honestly, and with no barriers or masks, and in doing so, shared something very rare. No, not the mind blowing sex, though that can be rare at times. We’ve seen each other naked, but that night, we were truly, naked to one another for the first time.

It is largely why I know now, with no doubt, that no one else stands a chance with her and she knows that there is no one in the world before her. No one. Not even bacon or whiskey.

I’ve been away from the Cartel a bit. Meditating a lot on all of these things as well as myself and my direction in life. What is and isn’t best for me and her as well. It has been a long time since I’ve done this. I think not since my return from the dead have I taken the time to do so.

I saw many interesting paths but many are determined, oddly enough, not by my actions, but those of others. Even inaction, is action. Not too choose, is to choose. I will continue to ponder these things.

For now though, I am content and happy. Which is a good place to be again.

Xannis
Patron
Patron

Re: Journal of Xannis Sul'Egna

Post by Xannis » 12/25/15

((Something of a tradition to post. Merry Christmas))

Frostfell

It was unusually cold for winter in the lush green forests of the Greater Faydark. The valley lands and rolling hills spread out from the great hanging tree city of Kelethin, as of yet untouched by the calamity that would be the Rending hundreds of years from now. The air itself was still with the pregnant expectation of the first snowfall in years. While smiling joyful wood elves, half-elves, and the occasional human went about their business on the tree top platforms, for the Fae had not yet been born into the world of Norrath.

“I don’t get it,” I grumped with a sour expression to to woman hanging colorful baubles from every nook and cranny of the small wooden home we stayed in while she helped me recover and taught me the ways of my once hated surface enemies. Sure, I may not have hated them any more, per se, but I sure didn’t care a lot for them or their joyful smiling ways were just… annoying..

Red gold hair shifted like a curtain as she peeked from behind it and over her shoulder. Green eyes twinkling with a light of excitement and a, to me, unnecessary happiness for a mere changing to the horrible cold season. “There’s nothing to “get”, Xannis. Frostfell is just a time of year to reflect and appreciate what life has given you. To spend with family and friends. To share and do good for others as you have had done for you. Tunare herself has been said to approve of the day for it brings with it change and growth, not of plants, but mayhap of character.”

Glaring at her back at the mention of the goddess that had, in my mind at least, ruined my life and destroyed the very fabric of my reality of what it meant to be Teir’Dal. “To the hells with Tunare… If she likes it, I want nothing to do with it.” Crossing my arms over my chest and turning my head to look out the window as Lyta sighed patiently.

Outside the window an elderly half elf woman carried far too many bundles for her stooped frame. She made slow progress across the way, her sight blinded by the bundles stacked in her over loaded arms before her. Her arms went up and her packages flew high into the quiet chill night and down she went, having missed the step to the next platform. Landing hard she looked dazed as the parcels landed and skidded all around her. I chuckled, amused.

However, it wasn’t the same. Where I used to get delight in the suffering of others, there was a pang. A tugging in my chest that I had not felt before. I did not like it. It was like an invisible unseen force was literally pulling on my heart in the old womans direction. Not knowing what it meant and even less what to do about it. I just stared.

A little elf girl and boy, brother and sister by the look of them, came suddenly to the old woman. Helping her up and giving her a wide smile as she smiled back and thanked them. The girl dusting the woman off as the boy ran around like a child possessed and gathered up the packages. The elf boy balanced them atop each other far easier than the old woman and stepped up to them looking like nothing more than a stack of boxes and wrapped parcels with legs. The woman and girl traded looks and began to giggle, each going to him to help reduce his burden and revealing his own smiling visage behind the stack.

Together the three of them began to walk with the children going along with her talking and laughing as they helped carry the load together. He tensed as he felt a delicate hand upon his shoulder, “Random acts of kindness. Of helping those that need help for no other reason than that they need help. With no expectation of reward beyond the reward of helping another in need.”

I had a retort nocked, loaded, and ready to fly, but I held my tongue. She handed me a green plant with little red berries tied together with a red ribbon. “You are taller, can you hang this for me, right over there?”

“I..” Turning over the plant in my hand I turned up to look at her. Smiling she just stared down at me, patient, always patient. I couldn’t take her look of hopeful expectation and looked away at the plant again. Knowing it was just another stupid Frostfell tradition I stood. After all, she had done so much for me, I could give her this one, tiny thing. Just once won’t hurt but only once.

Stepping before the fireplace where she had pointed I stretched out on the tips of my toes and hung it from the support beam that stretched across there. Backing up I inspected my work and nodded approvingly as she stood beside me. “That’s the last of the decorations. An important one as well. Thank you,” she said quietly, weaving her arm into the crook of mine as she looked up at the hanging plant.

“For what?”

“Helping me without expectation. For the simple act of helping another. It is not a grand step, perhaps, for most people. For you though, Mr. Xannis Sul’Egna…. it means a lot.” She grinned up at me.

I looked away, my cheeks growing unpleasantly hot with embarrassment but also something else. Pride? No.. not pride. Pride was something I knew well and this certainly wasn’t it. What is there to be proud of in hanging a dead plant after all? No, it was warm and made me feel … good. Deflecting from this I asked, “What is it anyway?”

“It’s a magical plant we call Mistletoe,” she replied coyly.

“Magical? I sense no magic in that bauble. It is just a dead plant.”

“Are you so sure?” I looked to the plant again and nodded, “Mm.. It has a powerful magic, Xannis, the magic of tradition.” Tugging on my arm with her, she pulled me under it and looked up to be sure, then into my eyes. “The tradition of Mistletoe is that if two people stand under it, they must kiss and bring themselves good luck for the year. To not do so, could bring bad luck in its place.”

Now she stepped onto her tip toes, wrapping her arms around the back of my neck and kissed me. Our first kiss. Truly though, it was my first kiss as well. I had kissed before, being hundreds of years old, however, this was the first one in which the act, actually had something more to it. A warmth of affection. The tingle of expectation that the person sharing the kiss, wanted nothing more from me, than just to be with me. And I with her.

The Blood Terror of Neriak, my former self and all I knew, died with that kiss under a mistletoe on a Frostfell eve.

Smiling up at me as she stood flat footed again looking up at me and pulled out a red fuzzy hat from behind her belt and stuffed it onto my head. Batting the white puffball at the end behind my head, “Merry Frostfell, Xannis Sul’Egna.

I cracked the first smile, true smile, in an age as the snow began to fall silently outside, “Merry Frostfell, Lyta Starfall.”

That was the first time I remember Frostfell. A first of many things for my long life in fact. I try to pass this feeling on as best I can, though, I’m nowhere near as cunning as Lyta was at it. I pass on to you all this message all the same.

Be kind to one another. Do for others without expectation of reward or praise, simply because it is the right thing to do. That those small act of kindness build and while they may not be noticed or even remembered they will always, and forever, be felt.

Merry Frostfell.

(Authors note: I wrote this with my wife, Chris, in mind. Without who I would not be who I am today. While Xannis might have been created before I met her, I did not know I was waiting for my own "Lyta" to fall into my life. I love you hun, and Merry Christmas to you all)

Xannis
Patron
Patron

Post by Xannis » 01/28/16

Hello again Journal, been awhile hasn’t it? You were looking a little dusty and ragged if I do say so myself. You really should take better care of yourself, can’t have you getting asthma after all. One good hard sneeze and all my thoughts blow away.

It has been a whirlwind of activity since my last entry. Let’s see. I have left the Cartel, on good terms I’ll add, begun my own Order with Hllan and Farriene, made a packed with Aysh’en, best name she could come up with which translated from her language is Bright Fire, but we’re going to go with Agents of the Ashen Phoenix as our name because, “Agents of the Bright Fire” sounds a bit less intimidating and like we had someone’s child name it. We’ve managed to make a Hall or headquarters for ourselves, still not sure which I want to call it. I keep going back and forth.

So, yeah, that’s the quick and dirty version. What’s that, not enough, you want a bit more meat on the bone? Alright Journal, since you are a bit anemic lately I suppose I can fill in some of the details.

First, the Cartel. It was a hard choice. I do truly like the people of the Cartel, well the majority anyway. Ruthgar and Lythil are good people and I left on good terms but frankly, I make a horrible criminal. I don’t mind busting the heads people that have it coming and harm others, but I can’t extort money from good hard working people that are just in the wrong city. Given, most in Freeport are one form of scumbag or another, but not all of them. It was a hard choice, nearly as hard as when I separated from the Circle. Like that though, we left on good terms and I plan to ally with them loosely. While not helping with their criminal activities, there are things they do that are worthwhile.

Second is the Order of the Ashen Phoenix. Aysh’en, finally, is taking an interest more in the mortal world. While still aloof, she has agreed and, more over, wants to meet the members. She’s spoken with both Hllan and Farriene. Asking her strange assortment of questions. I know what I’m looking for in people, intelligence, common sense, skill in combat and arcane sciences, but I’m not exactly sure what she is seeking. They don’t think like we do, they think on a planer level that, like many such creatures, boggles the mind at what they consider “logic”. I trust her though, and after what she and I have been through for the last 500 years, I would be a fool not too.

Third, my two “members” though let’s be honest, one is a soul mate and the other a dear, even if she refuses to admit it, friend. Farriene first. She is a strange woman. Her history very similar to Hllan’s in the near length of slavery and servitude. The difference comes from what they did in that time. Hllan, while abused sometimes physically and more mentally, still ran the house, interacted with people and had people around her. Farriene, seems like she was isolated from others and had only her science and arcane magics as company. Causing her to have the social graces of one of Ak’Anon’s clockwork constructions.

But there are cracks there, personality that is buried deep but there. She pointed something out to me, that I often forget about at times. That because I’ve lived so long, it can, at times, make me come off as cold, cruel, or uncaring, all through humor. The fact that when she was beaten so badly by Echo, and I somewhat shrugged it off, apparently bothered her. I hadn’t even realized it. It bothered me, I was… very angry. Everything echo does to another makes me angry, because it was my actions that birthed that thing. I explained to her that I lost days worth of sleep over it.. that I do care. Though coming so long after the fact, means very little in comfort I’m sure. It is a flaw I need to work on if I am to lead others. Compassion and showing it can go along way with those that need it. Not everyone needs an oak, some people need a willow that bends with them. I should know that from Lyta.

Then there is Hllan, my Flower. She has been amazing through this. Supporting me and I her. Her work on the HQ is amazing, some of her best, outside of Rapture, which I think is still her magnum opus of the moment. The woman never fails to amaze and surprise me. I can hear her now, down the hall from me, singing. I don’t think she knows how far her voice travels. Sounds like a song she might perform at the Maiden’s Fancy tonight. She puts her heart and soul into her arts, decorating and performing. Like the lesson from Farriene, I need to show her more how I feel for her, not just assume she knows. There is a bond between us, but actions speak louder than assumptions.

It will be an adventure for sure, this future laid out before me, before us all. I am going to try to bring back old alliances. People separated by cults of personality and paranoia. Perhaps it is a fool's errand but I am just that kind of fool to try I suppose. So far my first attempt went… mmm.. middle of the road. It was not a failure nor was it a success. For a monk, I sometimes forget patience and in diplomacy patience is the razor's edge of success and failure.

But for now, I think I’m going to go get a sneak peek at the dancing tonight and go have lunch with Hllan. Until next time.

Xannis

Xannis
Patron
Patron

Post by Xannis » 02/11/16

On and on things go. It’s been very busy, in a good way. I never really mind a busy schedule when it isn’t one life threatening situation to the next. Mostly it’s been meeting with various groups like the Starpyre folks or the Circle, a few individuals. Those kinds of things.

We have a few new members as well. All women,oddly enough. I’m not seeking anyone out specifically, just those that show interest, which so far is women. I’ve no problem with that of course, I’ve known too many female warriors and fighters and capable women to think less of it. I will though, however, have to be careful not to appear like some womanizing playboy like Gryphyth and a few others that seem to walk into places with ladies on their arms they treat like property.

I and they will know the truth, but to outsiders, perception is reality and something to be mindful of.

As for the two new recruits we have Reiyna and Wishimay. Both seem competent and eager to get started on our main work here. Reiyna went through some basic training, she was worried about her nails which, I had to not smile at. It was easily the girliest thing I’ve heard in a training room since Elamshinn. Her and Farriene learned to throw a punch, which, after some resistance, they managed to learn the basics off. We’ll be going over more and more training as we continue. Combat, magic defense, things like that

Wishimay comes pre-trained with many of the basics and then some, having studied most of her life with the Whistling Fists out of Mara. She’s young, but very outgoing and eager to prove herself. I expect great things from all of them and I know I will not be disappointed.

Hllan is also doing well, keeping busy with her performances and, this time of year, the Wild Orchid. She’s got several order from people to loved ones or secret admirers and the like. I got something in store for her. It won’t be as nice but, hopefully she’ll like it

The Alliance is moving a lot, though I’ve made a few miss steps on it I think. I’ve realized I need a charter, or basic principles that each group would need to agree too. Nothing overly stringent but like most charters, common sense things that don’t hurt to be put into writing and said aloud. It has gotten groups to at least speak together that likely wouldn’t have before. I just need to slow down, remember my training, patience. The river does not go faster just because we wish it too.

Things take time. I know this, you’d think, I’d know this. Sometimes I just need reminders is all.

Farriene is coming along well. She’s had a hard life as many have, but trying to prove and show to her what a friendship is, is difficult. However, she’s started eating more lately I’ve noticed, I’ve not mentioned this to her, her stubborn nature means she might stop just to show she hasn’t been. I even got a giggle out of her last night. She really is good people, smart and intuitive, she just has to believe in herself that she is all these things. I’d not realized too, until last night, how close she and Mirhion were. Not sure how I missed that. Might need to sit and chat with Miri about her, see how she managed that. It’s good to see.

Well, I’ve a few things to get too. Until next time.

Xannis
Patron
Patron

Post by Xannis » 02/22/16

And here I am again, Sir Journal. Finally found a quiet-ish moment to put down some thoughts and happenings. The Agents have been going all over, just getting our name out there mostly, but I did send two of them on an actual mission, our first one officially. Reiyna and Wishimay, two of our newest recruits went out to an orphanage in Windstalker. Just a little operation as far as orphanages go, but I will confess to having a sympathetic spot when it comes to abandoned children. I’ve seen far too many of them, including my sweet Jewel of so long ago.

Something was upsetting the children, turns out a cursed trunk with a portal to some dimension in it that a little chaos imp was using. Not sure if it went to Hate or Thule, or some other place, but it matters little. He was whispering in chaos tongue to the children, which has a power of it’s own on young minds and over a period of time. Like suggestions. Whispered the usual garbage. Crush, kill, destroy, blah blah, blahbidy blah blah. They’ll recover in time quickly without hearing it nightly, and given none of them killed anything, it didn’t get beyond that of children acting out.

They did a great job, figured out all the details and returned the chest to me. They’ll be keeping an eye on the kids off and on and look into where this came from. Which was apparently an estate sale of some minor manor house. Not overly surprising. So many items of magical potential and curses, it does happen. Curses especially, given strong emotion and just an accidental word spoken in true emotion can imbue nearly anything with something.

This was more complicated, given the writing inside, likely something used in dark rituals. My guess is that they used it to gain knowledge and influence with help from the other side, and like always happens in the end, a deal with a demon, ends in the death of all.

The ball and Rapture’s grand opening went very well. Everyone seemed to have a great time. I haven’t been on my feet dancing like that in ages, even training isn’t that intensive. Not that I’m complaining, I danced with many a beautiful lady. Hllan looked amazing, she always does. I remembered pants. Just a good time.

Then there was the Halasian games. Apparently Bargnar, yes that silly dwarf from the Cartel, participated out there with Hllan. Hllan who took third in the … what was it… winter fashion for clothing or something like that? I wasn’t there but it was something like that. Very proud of her of course. Bargnar apparently nearly killed himself with a … caber. Apparently it’s some Halasian game where they take a tree trunk two or three times their height and just hurl it end over end to land… and somehow how it lands means something. I’ve never seen it myself, it sounded… like something barbarians would do for fun. Games of strength they like, who’d have thunk it, right?

Then the dwarf went onto the limerick contest, a sort of five line poem, and apparently came out on top. He told it to me this morning when I bumped into him… I spit out my juice. For the sake of posterity…. If you are reading this, you’ve been warned.

She once had an ale from Black Burrow
It put hair on her chest on the ‘morrow
At night I implore
She got down on all four
And that’s how the style became doggie!

Yep. That’s Bargnar. I’m glad to have him her though, he’s a hard worker so long as he’s stocked up on ale and has women around that he thinks are hitting on him.

Then there was the combat dueling. I showed up after Bargnar left, and I’m proud to say I came in first in that. It was difficult, many, many strong opponents. Shiver and I got a go at one another. She clocked me good in the ribs with her hammers. I got her good in the back and head. She had told me in a letter if we sparred, not to hold back so…. I didn’t. A two hit contest isn’t a true test of skill though, just who gets the first hits the fastest. I look forward to a rematch here and to see what she can really do.

In this vein, the Royal Rumble will be our next venue in less than two weeks. I won’t participate so there’s plenty of room for the twelve combatants, but I will be on the field officiating. Really looking forward to watching all those people go toe to toe to toe with one another.

Last, but not least, I might start helping with the security at the Fancy. I’m there nearly every time anyway to support Hllan, I might as well get paid to do what I do already since they are offering. I’ve my issues with Kurzou and his seemingly endless pursuit of Hllan, but at the same time, I like that kerra too. He has always treated her well so… I will just have to get over my own issues of trust in him and see how it goes. I don’t think he’d do anything to harm her or any of his dancers, who he is fiercely protective of, at least not intentionally. If I ever did, I’d use his tail like a chimney cleaner between his mouth and his asshole. Luckily for us, I don’t see that being necessary. I don’t like having distrust for seemingly decent people because of my hang ups but, one can not deny emotion, but must face it and pass through it like a storm at sea. Still working on that part though.

Well, Sir Journal, I think that’s all for now. Until next time, keep away from the hookers and blow.

Xannis.

Xannis
Patron
Patron

Post by Xannis » 03/06/16

Ah, Sir Journal, so we meet again. I’m not sure why I began calling you “Sir”, it makes you sound noble and distinguished, or perhaps you're more of a military man and I should be saluting you before writing? I’m an old military man myself you know. Dragoon Captain Xannis Sul’Egna of King Thex 501st. That was long ago though, given the Queen saw an end to him centuries ago before closing Neriak off under the assault of a halfling horde. Sure my views on Neriak and my people had already shifted by then long before the Battle of Faydwer, but I always respected the King at least. I also didn’t need any more reason to dislike halflings but… they managed it.

So, Sir Journal, things are moving along swimmingly. We’ve a few new people joining or already joined. Arthimus, a lycan, was the most recent. He had a rather interesting and bloody past. Last of his pack after a betrayal due to, what else? You guessed it, a jealous woman. One of the most vindictive creatures in all the world. Arthimus was upfront about the whole thing. He’s aware of what he is, has been lycan for a good time by the sound of it. Which I accept in his honesty and fourthrightyness. I’m not sure that’s a real word but I’m going to scribble it into the margin of my dictionary, because it should be. I think he’ll be a welcome addition to us here. He sounds like a man that is looking for a new pack or home and I think we might fit that bill.

Hllan had an incident. During her performance, it wasn’t her performing apparently. She was temporarily possessed by a, seemingly, mundane spirit of a woman named Trinity? Doubt that’s the spelling but no one spells these names out when we talk so, your just going to have to go with it Sir Journal. It was someone that knew the silver paladin… Abajaba? I can never pronounce his name, and again, no idea how to spell it. She used Hllan to get off one last message in the form of the song, apparently. At the end of the performance, she left and Hllan collapsed on stage.

I knew instantly someone was wrong, I could feel it through that bond of ours. I haven’t felt my heart sink like that since Vakarina and Lyta before her. I was gripped by fear and memories so suddenly, it was like a dragon, eating an elephant, holding a horse, carrying a cart loaded with ore, and a team of dwarven miners had settled on my chest. You get the point I think.

She recovered quickly though. After being checked out by a woman who knew almost instantly what it was.. Kar.. and a Tefli...n? My head was not in the place for memorizing names. We returned to my residence/office and got her fed and watered, put to bed and relaxed for the rest of the night and much of the next day. She’s doing okay now but, she was a bit spooked by it and i think, relieved to have helped someone like that. I’m glad as well, though pissed it used her. Protective nature you know.

Yesterday was our second Royal Rumble. It had a great turn out, though funny enough, so many came to watch, we didn’t have nearly as many combatants as I was hoping for, but it was still a good number and a hell of a fight. The women involved dominated the men. I don’t think it was a conscious choice, but they went after them hard and in the end it came down to Lythil, Shiver, and Mirhion. Mirhion came out on top, she was on her game and in the right places at the right time, which in combat, is much of all there is. She won the Krono stone I had gotten from the Chronomages and was beaming.

Everyone participating was great. Trash talking, belittling, and then, shaking hands at the end of it and congratulating one another on a good fight. It was a great sight and exactly what I had hoped for in such a thing. Many stayed long after chatting at the Sky Bar Hllan had made, which is amazing, by the way. Though the see through floors had a few walking in funny patterns to stay on the wooden portions. The woman we had come and tend bar, Lafaeria… if memory serves, might be an interesting prospect as an agent as well. She was a former dancer for Cristanos for some time. Follows the goddess of love, of all things, but as a Tunarian, I’m hardly one to point fingers of strange deity worship. I’ll be meeting with her soon and we’ll talk more and she’ll meet Ay’shen.

Things are moving along. The Alliance is still going on, but on the back burner while everyone is still settling down. We have to have a strong foundation before building up from there. I learned that early on and won’t make that mistake again.

Well, Sir Journal, I smell bacon and eggs. That’s the universal sign to get off my ass and go help or go eat if I time it just right.

Xannis.

Xannis
Patron
Patron

Post by Xannis » 03/20/16

Greetings, Sir Journal. Been a bit, but I’ve a good reason beyond just the usual ones. My hands were mangled in a battle for one of our people, Farriene. Looked like I had put them through a meat grinder. Loose bits of skin, hanging off like the bone like a gnome in Kelethin during the drunken races of old. Took a few sessions of healing, meditating, and my own natural increase. Outwardly they healed in about a day, so little children didn’t cry and women faint at the sight. Kidding, they were bandaged. Internally though, the nerve, tendon, and muscle damage was extensive. Basically they were two large meat clubs…. Which now makes me want a turkey leg.

So, to backtrack some. A new woman, a shaman, by the name of Physalis came to us, called by Ay’shen in her dreams and with good reason. I’ve spoke of Farriene before, she was often surely, unhappy, and untrusting of anyone. She has good reasons, lack of interaction outside of experiments and what not for years on end, but she had seemed to be getting worse. With good reason as it turns out.

Physalis confirmed as we investigated that one of the spirits Farriene had taken hold of, was far stronger than she was. Slowly eating away at her, increasing all those negative qualities and emotions, using that crack in the door to throw it open for full possession. And possess it did.

Skip ahead, a potion slipped into her favorite drink, Boomba’s Dirty Pickle if you are interested, during our meeting and a toast. Half an hour later… the planes of all the hells broke loose. The corruption, was far stronger than even I had anticipated. We got in several good licks, but it was throwing the other two, Hllan and Wishimay, around like a paper bag in a tornado.

Part way into the fight, I had noticed after a really good hit from, I think Wishimay, it flew, hit the ward wall holding it there, but instantly snapped back to over Farriene. Switching my vision to the spectrum of magic and spirit energy, sure enough, the gods damned thing was still attached to her by tendrils from her mouth. Gripped throughout her spirit and body. This is where my hands got mangled. I didn’t want to just sever them out right, enough might remain that he could return. So, instead, I got in close, grabbed the spirit strands and held on for her dear life.

The strands were razor sharp, I won’t lie, it hurt. A little. By a little I mean, it was like having a droag chew on them like a chew toy and his saliva was lemon juice, salt, and acid. It was one of those pains that was so extensive and all consuming the mind nearly shuts down entirely and even if you wanted to cry out, you can’t even remember that silly voice thing even works.

I worked though. I took a beating, unable to defend myself, the other two agents did great helping with that. I pulled on those strands with everything I had, causing all the more damage. Poor Farriene’s veins bulged and expanded as the grip was pulled from her body. At the time it didn’t register, but thinking of it now, that had to be agony for her as well. She’s not spoken of it though, she’d a tough lady.

Anyway, I pulled, Hllan with a shield made of the Naur’Aen gem, and it severed. Instantly he lost a great deal of his power and began to lose substance. That son of a bitch still had a last bit through, kicking me aside and the others. It was then, Ay’shen entered, in a body of an elf. Ashen haired, sharp featured, and burning eyes like coal in a dying fire. A snap of her fingers and she activated all four of our Naur’Aen. They blazed to life in phoenix fire from four different angles. Fire is a purifying element to spirits as it is, most everyone knows this. Phoenix fire… well. He didn’t stand a chance and was blinked out of existence with all his worldly tethers destroyed. I promised him oblivion. Hope that bastard enjoys it.

Since then, she’s done much better. She’s taking it easy, even if she doesn’t want too, while she recovers. She’s far more.. Happy. It’s almost strange to see it, I’m glad for her though, truly. Farriene has finally come to understand what friends, and family, really mean and do for one another. If anyone viths around with our people, we vith them up until they see the error of their way, and they may not survive the experience.

The appearance of Ay’shen though, was a welcome surprise. She’s true to her word of wanted to be involved in mortal affairs. It may not always come in the form I would wish it, or others even understand, but it is there. Often subtle but always present.

Hllan and I had a nice lunch a few days later. Talked it over, she fed me, I couldn’t hold chopsticks without using them more like a spear just yet. Spearing sushi is a bad idea. We ate out in Mara near the pond. It was nice, relaxing. We don’t get nearly enough times to ourselves as I’d like. She’s always got some project or another she’s working on, currently it’s an art gala with Lythil, and I’m often doing something with the Orgnization or something along those lines.

It is all worth while, don’t get me wrong. The quiet moments like that. The warm sun on our skin, the smile and titter of her gentle laugh when I manage to make her. It’s one of my favorite sounds in all the world, her laugh. Musical and bright. It was a good day.

I asked her if she’s ever thought of marriage or joining together. Given, in a spiritual and soul sense, we already are, but there’s something to ceremony and speaking words of promise. There’s power in words said in such a way. She hadn’t, by the way, thought of it. I wasn’t overly surprised honestly. I’ve always been more of the woman in that regard when it comes to our people. I figure it’s Tunares influence. It upset her some that she felt she had disappointed me, but she didn’t. I told her as much. Stroked her hair and kissed her.

We fell asleep out on the soft grass of Mara for hours, only to be woken by the squeal of little girl, Ling, who I made it snow for during Frostfell. She jumped right on my stomach… and I was up. We played with her a bit at the pond before we had to go.

It was a good day.