The Middle Time

Diaries, logs, and personal notes.
Bellaaluna
Visitor

The Middle Time

Post by Bellaaluna » 01/22/16

The Middle Time
by Bellaaluna

She quickly glanced around the library to make sure she was alone. Seeing no one she slipped the journal into her pocket and spirited it away.

"I found this journal today. While wandering the library of our great hall I stumbled upon it tucked away on a high shelf. When I pulled it down the simple soft brown leather binding reminded me of a long forgotten past. I closed my eyes and stroked the leather softly trying to bring back the memories but alas they stayed just beyond my reach. Perhaps this small book will help me reach what has been lost.

When I opened the cover I was dismayed to find no writing inside. I was expecting a great novel, perhaps musings from a long lost bard. As I flipped through the creamy white pages a thought formed in my mind that I could not push aside. Perhaps this journal is my story yet untold and through the telling perhaps the lost past will be found.

I have named my journal, for it is mine now as I have no intention of returning it, “The Middle Time” for I do not yet remember my past and being a newly made immortal I have a looming future ahead."

She lifts her head quickly to the sound of footsteps coming down the hall. She softly closes the journal and slips it back into her pocket just as Kharm walks into the room

Bellaaluna
Visitor

Re: The Middle Time

Post by Bellaaluna » 01/25/16

No Date

"I attended my first slave auction last night. Much to my surprise I found it exhilarating. There were only four female house slaves up for bid. For the life of me I cannot figure out why the men were so excited to pay thousands of plat for a cleaning lady. None were even particularly attractive. Reflecting on it I was reminded of bucks in the woods during mating season pawing the ground and clashing their antlers together in a great show to see who would back down. In the end the vanquishers trotted off with their prize and can boast the cleanest house in all of Norrath! The whole spectacle made me smile. Although, truth be told, I would have bid on a strong male if one had been available."

She closes her journal, leans back with a sigh and imagines what she would do with her slave ...

Bellaaluna
Visitor

Re: The Middle Time

Post by Bellaaluna » 02/26/16

(Finding the great hall vacant and the house members away, she pulls her prized journal from it's hiding place and gently opens it with a smile...)

"It has been to long journal! So much has happened sense the last time I wrote to you. Where to start? So many gatherings, two balls and two date auctions. I even bid in one and won a date. Me with a date. (she stops and giggles thinking of it).

Yes I won a date. If it had not been for Maelgrym who so generously opened his purse to me seeing my dismay at being outbid yet again I would have missed the opportunity. It was the bloody heart in the basket that drew my attention to it. I was thrilled to discover the owner of the basket was Grimm. A respected member of our house and a vampire. Two pluses in my eyes.

When we met for our date he presented me with the heart. I was touched to find it was not to be eaten but to be worn. He asked me to turn around and with gentle hands proceeded to clasps the heart he made into a necklace for me around my neck. My breath was taken away. No one had ever been so kind to me. I was speechless. He explained it was a blood stone made from the heart and when I feel the need all I have to do is suck on it lightly to ease my pain. Which I did. How generous and kind of him to understand my struggles in the
mortal world and to offer me this help. We proceeded to his mansion for drinks and conversation. Although he is a member of our house I had not had the opportunity to get to know him well. He introduced his slave to me, she is a kind girl and cannot remember her name, of course I had to question how she survives under his care. It seems he can control his hunger and not harm those he chooses not to. I couldn't believe what he was telling me. Up to this point I have not been able to control myself if I feed on a mortal, it has always ended in death for my meal. The bodies in the back alleys of Qeynos lay in quite testament to my failure. I asked him if he could teach me. He smiled and offered me his wrist. All I will say is how freeing it was to drink and not be afraid. Of course he saw my problem of not being able to stop but being older and wiser and stronger he was able to bring me back to my senses. His blood was so sweet, heady and flowery. I got lost in it. He said he would be my teacher and we parted ways. I eagerly await my next lesson, in the mean time I continue to practice in Qeynos, not yet finding my stopping point but having fun practicing.

But the date is not the reason for my returning to you journal. It was an event at the Black Market that opened my eyes. While wondering the tents and eyeing all the exotic items being offered I came across a fortuneteller. Her name is Miariah, I have seen her bar tending at many of the events in Norrath and did not know she was skilled in the occult as well. I waited for my turn, intent on asking about my before time. When it was my turn I sat down in front of her and gave her my coin. She asked me what I wanted to know. Before I could think of my question I blurted out "Will I find Love"!! Right after I said it I felt like a fool. Love, of course not, none would love a Free Blood. The question answers it's self. Why didn't I ask what I really wanted to know, who was I in the before time? Was I good? Was I bad? A human, an elf? Why did I suddenly get scared and ask the foolish question. I have been thinking of this sense that night. I have made a promise to myself to go back to the Black Market and ask her the question I really want to know. Who am I?

(signed in blood)

Bellaaluna