Rosenvinge's scrap paper

Diaries, logs, and personal notes.
Rovine
Patron
Patron

Rosenvinge's scrap paper

Post by Rovine » 09/12/16

((This is a mix of IC and OOC journal to keep track of my character with.))
Burnday, Scorchedsky 9, year 3978

Baron Valkenaar relocated me to Freeport off of Sovvos. Now slavery by name, employment by practice. Have to keep an eye out for any spying Nerians, just in case.

To do in Freeport:
  • Clean book room
  • Pick a profession
  • Write about the cur- *several strike-throughs later* the Spire
Rosie drops onto the cozy ebony couch. With her presence protected from any prying eyes inside the walls of her new employer's bar-in-progress, she breathes in sighs of relief after years of Nerian slavery, experiencing what it's like to be free again.

She thinks about what was being said between her and Valkenaar, before he left to prepare her living quarter. A real employer, not a slave master. Everything felt almost too good to be true, but it is real. He kept his word since that picnic from a week ago.

She thinks some more about how to describe her curse in written words. The Spire of Innoruk, the curse, her dead mother, her missing father, the kidnappers, her home, the shore, the cliff, the sky, the ocean... Memories come flooding. The more she concentrated, the more confusing it becomes. It may be easier to simply write about her past, before narrowing down into the curse.
Cursed Memoire
- recollection of a soul hex from the memory of the cursed victim -
She puts the titled paper down as a start, leaving the rest of the detail to work out in the back of her mind in her sleep.

Rovine
Patron
Patron

Re: Rosenvinge's scrap paper

Post by Rovine » 09/15/16

Soulday, Warmstill 24, 3978

Started jewelcrafting work in Freeport. Got hassled by guards about my citizenship status or something. Shooed them off by saying I'm just a lowly jewelcraft apprentice and that I could work on some of their rush orders for free. Not sure if I could mention Valkenaar around here but better be safe than sorry.

Met a Koada'Dal, Avinah. Mage of some sort. She does it as a craft?

Condescending like all high elves are, but still seem genuine enough. Or at least what she would like me to believe.

Rovine
Patron
Patron

Post by Rovine » 09/15/16

Steelday, Busheldown 12, 3978

Received new clothes from Valkenaar. Both casual and formal. No longer looking like a homeless. Will find matching shoes and gloves.

Trades grandmaster of Freeport sent me to help someone in the Sinking Sands to pitch a tent??? Speechless.

Took the opportunity to prospect precious metal and stones in the area, for my jewelcraft.

Settling in new home spared by Valkenaar. He is right, a lot better than what I slept in at Neriak.

Rovine
Patron
Patron

Post by Rovine » 09/24/16

Soulday, Stargazing 24, 3979

Dear scrap paper diary, do not question how I ended up with a flying carpet from Maj'Dul next to me. Lots have happened and I didn't have a timely opportunity to write all these down, until I am now finally home. Well technically Baron Valkenaar's, but rent is included in my employment.

I just came back from running an "errand" for Ayr'Dal brotherhood, an organisation I've discovered in Freeport to bond my kind. Didn't like that how he sent me on a trap mission, but after all was said and done he became an endless source of information because I earned his full trust. Much needed after having been enslaved in Neriak for so long. I'm slowly getting my bearings here. If only there is a way to break my curse so that I can move my citizenship here. Or would the curse really work? How and in what manner will I get killed if I am found out not working for Neriak anymore? Perhaps Valkenaar can give me some cover. On paper I still belong to a Teir'Dal.

I have to say, it felt odd traversing Freeport while I had Ayr'Dal brotherhood errands in my mind, yet the streets seem oblivious of what is going on. Killed a few guards, "recruited" a few replacement slaves, and no one cares that somebody went missing. Not a big difference to Neriak, but the big difference is that I was doing all these in broad daylight, something that I've been enjoying a lot since Valkenaar took me out of Neriak.

The name Beggar's Court apparently isn't referring to people begging for money. It's more like people begging for mercy.

Been doing a lot of reading since I came home. I haven't started my homework on writing about my curse because I realised I need to practice writing again, so I'm reading to catch up how to write. This entry can be considered a practice, with so much to catch up on since I left for Maj'Dul.

Oh yeah, my time in Maj'Dul probably deserves another book.

Rovine
Patron
Patron

Post by Rovine » 10/16/16

Brewday, Oceansfull 27, 3980

Just accepted a job to bartend at House T'Nathos, part time. Hope Baron Valkenaar doesn't mind that I earn a bit of harmless extra cash on the side. Well, I hope it will be harmless anyway. As long as I stick to the bar area of the house and not wander off anywhere else, I should be okay.

Okay I probably just jinxed it by writing that. SOMETHING is going to happen that will make me wander out of the bar area. Good thing it'll only be a casual job though - I got nothing to lose if I have to quit.
Her entry today is followed with scribbles and loose notes of what seem to be an outline of her book:
  • Introduction, credit to the Maj'Dul informant
  • Start with my father's debt to Neriak?*strikes through* Start with what happened that day, up to my curse
  • Recall what the Maj'Dul informant, my father's former trading partner, has explained to me
  • Where I'm at now, migrated my citizenship to Freeport without repercussion, but could be because I am still a Teir'Dal's slave on paper