Aduamarie's diary

Diaries, logs, and personal notes.
Rovine
Patron
Patron

Aduamarie's diary

Post by Rovine » 11/19/16

Windday, Scorchedsky 4, 3982

Here I am! I've made it to Greater Faydark Nursery by boat. This is where I will represent the ancestral swamp home of Gukta with my distinct blue skin, aid our tree-hugging allies with my unique bow-shooting posture, and most importantly, undergo training with the fairies and elves to "cleanse centuries of my family curse" or whatever that means, which is what I'm really here for. Words from my father, not mine! Nonetheless, it beats the cold of News Halas here. Much better climate, nice and tropical - perks for being friends with elves and fairies.

Thank goodness the nursery has a bank handy. I've been lugging around a massive sack of supplies that my father stuffed at me for my adventure, which honestly defeats the purpose of adventure. It includes a full suit of really shiny armor and a bow that I don't even know how to use yet because it's so damn shiny. Among a bunch of other little things like a ring that makes me run really fast if I rub it around my flippers a bit, spare swords, food and drink, some money… Seriously, am I on a training session or am I on a vocation? I guess it's considered weight training by bringing these stuff all the way to Greater Faydark.

The Nursery Matron is already nagging me for help non-stop since I just arrived and I really need a rest first. She would say okay please go ahead and rest first, but five seconds later the conversation would trail back to her asking for my help. Something about shrumblers and what a mess the Nursery has become, I don't know. I think it took a whole hour for her to finally leave me alone for real, so that I can write a diary entry before I hit the leafy sack.

By the way, I'm used to every Norrathians being bigger than me but, for once, all fairies are smaller than me.