Thursdays - RMTV - TV Palooza

Post by Diera » 11/13/13

When:
  • 08:30 PM PST
    09:30 PM MTN
    10:30 PM CST
    11:30 PM EST
What:

TV! Random TV! Well...mostly random. They tend to be British, historical, fantasy or sci-fi in nature. Now and then I'll throw in a movie. You'll just have to come here regularly to see what I've got going!

phpBB [media]

Buffy the Vampire Slayer's narrative follows Buffy Summers, the latest in a line of young women known as "Vampire Slayers", or simply "Slayers". In the story, Slayers are "called" (chosen by fate) to battle against vampires, demons, and other forces of darkness. Like previous Slayers, Buffy is aided by a Watcher, who guides, teaches, and trains her. Unlike her predecessors, Buffy surrounds herself with a circle of loyal friends who become known as the "Scooby Gang".

phpBB [media]

House, M.D is a long-running medical drama which follows the professional and personal life of Gregory House- a witty, arrogant, rule-breaking, self-destructive, pain-pill addicted but genius diagnostician at the fictional Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital in New Jersey. House and his team of doctors work against the clock to diagnose and treat patients when other doctors can't seem to figure out what's wrong with them, often resorting to unorthodox methods based on House's hunches on the patients, their families, or his own personal experiences.

The peace and arrangement of ages is thrown into disarray at London department store Grace Brothers when Ladies' Intimate Apparel is moved to the opposite side of the same floor already occupied by Men's Ready To Wear.

Stubborn ladies' manager Mrs. Slocombe is quickly thrown into direct conflict with Mr. Grainger and his staff: particularly cheeky junior salesman Mr. Lucas, who takes a near-instant shine to Slocombe's assistant, buxom young blonde Miss Brahms.

Between Lucas and Grainger is the outrageously camp Mr. Humphries; and above them all are Captain Peacock, the head of the floor; company executive Mr. Rumbold; and the co-founder of the store, positively ancient board chairman 'Young' Mr. Grace, complete with a never-ending stream of farcical sales and promotional initiatives.

How To Watch:
  • RMTV is a[/media] system where we can all watch a video together. Like a combination of Netflix and live TV, content comes to you streamed over the Internet, but it's a live feed, meaning we all see the same thing at the same time. Using the ShoutBox feature, we all get together and watch. When a show is scheduled, just go into the ShoutBox, and type, "/join #RMTV", without the quotes, and that will put you in the channel for discussing what's being played.

When a show is airing, all you need to do is go to the link below. The video window should just pop right up if you have pop-ups enabled for the Raven. All you need is a web browser. If you can watch YouTube, you can watch the broadcast. As many people as want can watch. The stream will downgrade to your connection level, so just about anyone can tune in.
Last edited by Diera on 10/04/18, edited 55 times in total.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: Thursdays - RMTV - Diera's TV Palooza

Post by Psia » 03/08/15

Call of the Midwife has just been renewed for a fifth series. Fans should buy stock in Kleenex due to the ongoing case of 'the feels'..
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: Thursdays - RMTV - TV Palooza (new time)

Post by Psia » 06/04/15

Two Pints of Lager & a Packet of Crisps
phpBB [media]
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: Thursdays - RMTV - TV Palooza

Post by Diera » 01/12/16

Heyyyyyy, guess what's coming back next month!

phpBB [media]
Last edited by Diera on 02/23/17, edited 1 time in total.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 01/21/16

Since we've run out of Musketeers episodes for a bit (it's hard to say when it's coming back, since some things guessed January even though January's almost over, and others have said "Spring"), and Vikings doesn't start until the end of February, I'm filling the next three Thursdays with a 2005 mini-series that brought David Tennant to the attention of Russell T. Davies and Julie Gardner, and proved he would make a perfect Doctor.

As an extra bonus, it also stars Peter O'Toole. How can you beat that?

phpBB [media]

(Hopefully this starts at the right place.)
phpBB [media]
Last edited by Diera on 02/23/17, edited 1 time in total.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 04/22/16

The Musketeers will be coming back soon (actually, for some reason, it's already started in Canada) and will be played on Thursdays.

Also, this news might make GoT fans and Whovians very happy.
Game of Thrones ​and ​Fortitude ​actor Richard Dormer will appear in the third and final series of ​The Musketeers​.

Doctor Who​'s Paul McGann has also filmed a guest appearance on BBC One's swashbuckling drama.
Berric Dondarian and the Eighth Doctor! Yay!

I'd...post a trailer, but for some reason, the BBC has *no* trailers for Series 3. None, and the show is *supposed* to air in the UK sometime next month (or not, even "late May" is something of a rumor since the BBC hasn't said shit about the airdate). They don't seem to be promoting the show's last season at all. No trailer, no word of an official airdate in the UK, nothing. This is really bizarre. It's like they're *trying* to make the last season of the show fail.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 04/23/16

Oh! I found out about another new cast member that some of my TV Palooza watchers will remember.

Matthew McNulty, who you might remember as our favorite power dealer from Misfits, Seth.

He seems to have a bigger role than the other two, because he's actually in the opening credits. Huh.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 06/23/16

Fixed the main post and swapped out shows since I'm done with Poldark until Series 2 comes out.

Also... a bit of a coming soon once The Musketeers is over:

phpBB [media]
Last edited by Diera on 02/23/17, edited 2 times in total.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 07/21/16

Buffy is coming tomorrow!

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 08/20/16

phpBB [media]

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 11/30/16

I found my next British comedy to replace Green Wing!

phpBB [media]

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 12/02/16

Totally sorry about tonight. This week's been crazy and my schedule's been all thrown out of whack. I totally thought today was Wednesday. *facepalm*

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 01/20/17

What is it about Thursdays that make me lose track of what day it is?

Sorry I missed my scheduled stream. I'll see y'all tomorrow night for Story Time.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 01/26/17

Thursday's TV Palooza still exists, I just can't for the life of me get it to show up on the schedule.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 05/19/17

Midwives News!
It’s with the greatest pleasure that we can now introduce you all to our latest recruit at Nonnatus House for series 7…. Nurse Lucille Anderson, played by the brilliant Leonie Elliot!

Lucille is the first West Indian midwife to feature as a regular character in our series, and she brings spirit, humour and intelligence to the lives of the Poplar nuns and midwives. Through Lucille’s eyes we begin to explore the immense contribution of the many Caribbean nurses who came to the UK in the 1960s to support a growing National Health Service.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 06/08/17

Might be running late tonight. It's my daughter's 8th grade graduation, which will make us get dinner late, which will probably make me late getting back to the house for the stream. Fingers crossed that we get home in time, but I'm leaving this warning just in case.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 06/12/17

phpBB [media]

*bats eyes at Diera* Season 3 of Poldark has begun this weekend on the BBC.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 06/13/17

EEEE! Well shit, I thought it was starting later in the year. I'll probably pause Shameless when Series 6 is done in a couple weeks to play it.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 06/27/17

Ask and ye shall receive! Now that Series 6 of Shameless is done, we'll start up Poldark for a few months.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: Thursdays - RMTV - Return of TV Palooza

Post by Psia » 08/23/17

It's back!

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/14/18

phpBB [media]

Tirtho111
Visitor

Post by Tirtho111 » 09/03/18

It's back!!!!!!!!
great.......i loved it.....
ClitoromegalyHyperspermiaProstatomegalyDermatophagia

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 11/22/18

As a reminder: TV Paloosa is canceled tonight for Thanksgiving.