Practically Staff

Sundays - RMTV - TV Palooza

Post by Diera » 10/01/17

When:
  • 08:30 PM PST
    09:30 PM MTN
    10:30 PM CST
    11:30 PM EST
What:TV! Random TV! Well...mostly random. They tend to be British, historical, fantasy or sci-fi in nature. Now and then I'll throw in a movie. You'll just have to come here regularly to see what I've got going!

phpBB [media]

The Crown is a historical drama television series, created and principally written by Peter Morgan and produced by Left Bank Pictures and Sony Pictures Television for Netflix. The show is a biographical story about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom. The first season covers the period from her marriage to Philip, Duke of Edinburgh in 1947 to the disintegration of her sister Princess Margaret's engagement to Peter Townsend in 1955. The second season covers the period from the Suez Crisis in 1956 to the retirement of the Queen's third Prime Minister, Harold Macmillan, in 1963 and the birth of Prince Edward in 1964.

phpBB [media]

Louis XIV is twenty-eight years old. In order to rule over the nobility and to permanently impose his absolute power, he launches the construction of Versailles, like one sets a trap. Louis XIV is a young king haunted by childhood trauma, the Fronde, a rebellion of the nobility against his father Louis XIII.

Outstanding political strategist, manipulator, Machiavellian, he will “invent” Versailles in order to keep the Nobles away from Paris and under control; he is progressively transforming Versailles into a golden prison. He is also inclined to Romanesque passions, but how to live them out when one is the greatest king of the world?

The first season follows the King as he turns into the Sun King: the King of the Kings. The historical and fictional characters, ranging from the most known courtier to the most humble villager, guide us through a world of betrayal and intimate secrets, of political maneuvers and war declarations, revealing Versailles in all its glory and brutality.

phpBB [media]

Gavin & Stacey follows the romance between Gavin, from Billericay in Essex, and Stacey, from Barry in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales. Initially, Gavin lives with his parents, Pam and Mick, and spends most of his time with his best friend, Smithy. Stacey lives with her widowed mother, Gwen, and is frequently visited by her uncle, Bryn, who lives across the road, and by her best friend Nessa. The series follows the key moments in their relationship: their first meeting, meeting each other's families, getting engaged, marrying, looking for a flat, briefly splitting up, looking for new jobs and trying for children.

How To Watch:
  • RMTV is a system where we can all watch a video together. Like a combination of Netflix and live TV, content comes to you streamed over the Internet, but it's a live feed, meaning we all see the same thing at the same time. Using the ShoutBox feature, we all get together and watch. When a show is scheduled, just go into the ShoutBox, and type, "/join #RMTV", without the quotes, and that will put you in the channel for discussing what's being played.

When a show is airing, all you need to do is go to the link below. The video window should just pop right up if you have pop-ups enabled for the Raven. All you need is a web browser. If you can watch YouTube, you can watch the broadcast. As many people as want can watch. The stream will downgrade to your connection level, so just about anyone can tune in.
Last edited by Diera on 03/07/18, edited 2 times in total.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: Sundays - RMTV - TV Palooza

Post by Diera » 10/01/17

Creating a new thread for this to see if I can convince the events calendar sempai on the front page to notice it, since the other thread just refuses to register.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 10/01/17

And that's a no on calendar senpai noticing the thread. Ah well.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: 10/08/17 - RMTV - TV Palooza

Post by Psia » 10/02/17

I changed this to date format. This should work going forward.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: 11/19/17 - RMTV - TV Palooza

Post by Diera » 11/13/17

By request (and because the timing fits perfectly since we just finished Season 1 of The Crown) this coming Sunday I'll be playing the movie "The Queen", plus an episode of Chef after. Taboo's last episode will be held off until the 26th.

On Dec. 3, we'll start relatively new with the start of Season 5 of Vikings, plus Season 1 of Versailles.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 11/15/17

The same people behind The Queen are who would later make The Crown for Netflix. The Crown isn't stated to be, but might be considered to be, a prequel for The Queen. It's been my opinion that one compliments the other nicely. Hence, my suggestion.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 11/17/17

I've seen bits and pieces of the movie and it looks fabulous.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: 12/17/17 - RMTV - TV Palooza

Post by Psia » 12/18/17

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: 12/17/17 - RMTV - TV Palooza

Post by Psia » 12/22/17

For her final years, Queen Elizabeth shall be played by her lookalike. Scott Thompson. :)

ImageImage

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: 01/07/18 - RMTV - TV Palooza

Post by Diera » 01/07/18

The calender is borked again (damn year changing probably), so here's a bump to say it's on tonight!

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: 01/07/18 - RMTV - TV Palooza

Post by Psia » 01/10/18

Due date for Call of the Midwife, season 7, is March 25th.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/16/18

I just read that Call the Midwife series 8 has started filming this morning! It returns with a new Christmas Special and series 8 in 2019.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 04/16/18

Awesome! The Crown is almost over, so when it's done, I'll throw Season 7 up.