Practically Staff

Sundays - RMTV - TV Palooza (On Hiatus)

Post by Diera » 11/13/13

When:
  • 08:30 PM PST
    09:30 PM MTN
    10:30 PM CST
    11:30 PM EST
What: (Because I couldn't figure out how to get a multiple-day post to work with the scheduler, so I had to split it up into two.)

TV! Random TV! Well...mostly random. They tend to be British, historical, fantasy or sci-fi in nature. Now and then I'll throw in a movie. You'll just have to come here regularly to see what I've got going!

phpBB [media]

Game of Thrones is BACK, BABY!

phpBB [media]

Black Sails is set roughly two decades before the events of Treasure Island and during the Golden Age of Piracy. Feared Captain Flint brings on a younger crew member as they fight for the survival of New Providence island. According to the first episode, "In 1715 West Indies, the pirates of New Providence Island threaten maritime trade in the region. The laws of every civilized nation declare them hostis humani generis, enemies of all mankind. In response, the pirates adhere to a doctrine of their own....war against the world." Real life pirates that are fictionalized in the show include Anne Bonny, Benjamin Hornigold, Jack Rackham, Charles Vane, Ned Low, and Blackbeard.

phpBB [media]

Broadchurch is a crime drama set in a small Dorset town where the town's inhabitants have secrets to keep. Series 1 focused on detectives Alec Hardy and Ellie Miller investigating the murder of a young boy where all the secrets are laid bare. Series 2 explored the aftermath of the discovery that Ellie's husband, Joe, was the murderer and Hardy's determination to re-open a case that has had a shadow over him for years and has severely damaged his health.

Now on Series 3, a couple years have passed since Ellie and Hardy arrested all those involved the Sandbrook case, and Hardy has returned to help with the investigation of the rape of a woman at a friend's party, where they find that the secrets in the town of Broadchurch just keep on coming.

How To Watch:
  • RMTV is a system where we can all watch a video together. Like a combination of Netflix and live TV, content comes to you streamed over the Internet, but it's a live feed, meaning we all see the same thing at the same time. Using the ShoutBox feature, we all get together and watch. When a show is scheduled, just go into the ShoutBox, and type, "/join #RMTV", without the quotes, and that will put you in the channel for discussing what's being played.

When a show is airing, all you need to do is go to the link below. The video window should just pop right up if you have pop-ups enabled for the Raven. All you need is a web browser. If you can watch YouTube, you can watch the broadcast. As many people as want can watch. The stream will downgrade to your connection level, so just about anyone can tune in.
Last edited by Diera on 08/02/17, edited 32 times in total.
Story Time FAQ

"I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone." -- The Doctor, Doctor Who: The Lazarus Experiment

"I am become Grey. I stand between the darkness and the light; between the candle and the star." -- Delenn, Babylon 5: Atonement

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: Sundays - RMTV - TV Palooza (new time)

Post by Diera » 09/10/15

Woah! Well, guess what I didn't realize was coming back on the 20th!

phpBB [media]

Grab the hankies, folks.
Story Time FAQ

"I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone." -- The Doctor, Doctor Who: The Lazarus Experiment

"I am become Grey. I stand between the darkness and the light; between the candle and the star." -- Delenn, Babylon 5: Atonement

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: Sundays - RMTV - TV Palooza

Post by Diera » 06/12/16

I'm likely to be late tonight. I *might* not be, but I figured I might warn you guys anyway. We have 12 races today at work, plus it's the last day before fair season, so I have to help my mom cart her chair out to her car.

I probably won't be *too* late. I hope.
Story Time FAQ

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 07/03/16

I will likely be a bit late tonight.

It's past 8:00 and dinner is not even done yet, since we got out of work way late. (11 races today...yay...)

I will be in ASAP with one of the last eps of Vikings, and the movie Spooks: The Greater Good.

phpBB [media]
Story Time FAQ

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 07/10/16

phpBB [media]

Before Game of Thrones started up again, we were watching Season 4 of Vikings. I was hoping to get to the mid-season finale before GoT started, but it didn't work out. So here we are, now that GoT is over.

Vikings is supposed to return this fall, and I'll return to playing the episodes then.
Story Time FAQ

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 07/17/16

With Vikings over until the Fall, I'm adding a mini-series to the lineup, called Wolf Hall. The trailer and description are above if you want to see what it's all about.

The show has a number of familiar faces. You might know Damien Lewis (Henry VIII) from Homeland, Bernard Hill (Duke of Norfolk) played Theoden in the LOTR trilogy, Jessica Raine (Jane Rochford) who will be known by my Call the Midwife audience as Jenny Lee, Jonathan Aris (James Bainham) who plays Anderson in Sherlock, David Robb (Sir Thomas Boleyn) who played Dr. Clarkson in Downton Abbey, and Tom Holland (Gregory Cromwell) who was Spider Man in Civil War.

And of course, Mark Gatiss is in it. We all know Mark Gatiss, right? ;)

Also, from Game of Thrones, there's Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Rafe Sadler) who was Jojen Reed, Harry Lloyd (Harry Percy) who played Viserys, Tim Plester (Wolsey in the Devil's Play) who played Black Walder, Anton Lesser (Thomas More) who's still playing Qyburn, and best of all, Jonathan Pryce (Cardinal Wolsey) who played the recently blown up High Sparrow.

(Also, amusingly enough, Harry Lloyd and Thomas Brodie-Sangster were also in Doctor Who together, in Human Nature/Family of Blood, with Harry Lloyd playing Son of Mine and Thomas Brodie-Sangster playing Tim Lattimer.)

TL;DR - This huge cast is full of great actors you will recognize from somewhere.
Story Time FAQ

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 11/10/16

Law & Order: UK has ended, so I had to grab a new show. The pirate adventure from Starz called "Black Sails" won the draw. For a moment, I had to cringe back when the name "Michael Bay" popped up on the trailer, but he's not a director, only a producer, so yay!
Story Time FAQ

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 11/27/16

Well, apparently Red Dwarf only had 6 episodes this season, so I found myself without a show.

And then I remembered that someone requested Jeeves and Wooster, so we'll be starting that tonight.
Story Time FAQ

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: Sundays - RMTV - TV Palooza (Closed for Xmas)

Post by Diera » 12/21/16

Sunday is Christmas Day, so we'll be closed that night. Happy Holidays!
Story Time FAQ

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 06/27/17

Apologies in advance for how heavy Sundays are going to be for a little while, but since Jeeves and Wooster is done, I have room to show the final season of Broadchurch.
Story Time FAQ

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 07/09/17

No idea why this event won't stick on the calendar, but RMTV will be up tonight!
Story Time FAQ