Honored Resident

Rencey

Post by Rencey » 09/30/08

Full Name: Rencey Val'Shade
Nicknames: Ren

Biographical:
  • Level: 100
    Class: Bruiser
    RP Power: Very strong connection with spiritual energy (kai) along with her physical prowess

Race: Ayr'Dal
    Date of Birth: Unknown
    Hair: Black
    Skin: Dark Tan
    Eyes: Jade Green
    Height: 5' 6"
    Weight: Average

Place of Residence:Gorowyn (magical manor,Academy Apartment in Freeport
    Place of Birth: N/A

Relatives:
    Malianna-Mother
    Laynisa-Adopted Sister
    Varixx Tarnok: Adopted father

Enemies: Anything she deems a threat to herself or friends. She distrusts certain Iksar of the zealous kind.
    Allies: Duvessa,Varixx and House Tarnok, House T'Hazen, and many others.

Crafting: Alchemist

Appearance: Rencey appears as a youthful, almost perfect looking Ayr'Dal. Her body seems muscular, but agile and flexible. Her hair is almost always in a long braid. Her skin looks smooth and well kept,except for a noticeable,dark scar on her stomach,should she bare her mid-drift./b]

Fashion of Choice: Gi's,dresses,some sort of formal,yet practical armor.
    Armor of Choice: Leather, Gi's
    Weapons of Choice: Fist Weapons,Bo Staffs, and some daggers

Special Abilities:

-Kai Energy
    Kai,or Chi as some call it is a more offensive approach of spiritual energy. Though she can only heal herself,the attacks made by this energy seem strong as Rencey almost always uses it to increase the amount of damage she can inflict. Prolonged use will tire her out.
    Physically Hardy/fast: Due to her years of martial training, her body seems to of hardened to take punishment, but her endurance and efficiency in dodging attacks does aid her more then taking hits.

Personality:

• Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Motivations: Glory in combat,Justice
    Disposition: Even-Tempered most of the time
    Outlook: Optimistic

Religion/Philosophy: Sullon Zek

Sexuality: Whatever comes to mind

Positive Personality Traits: Approachable, a rather calm,collected individual
    Negative Personality Traits: shy, can be a troublemaker,eager to fight when necessary
    Misc. Quirks: She seems to fidget with her braid at times, even during polite conversation.
Affiliations:
  • Guild:
    Guild Rank:
    Faction: The Ashen Order/Disciples
    Faction:
    Faction: Silent Fist Clan
    Faction: The Whistling Fists
Interests:
  • Likes: Training, meeting new people, some study and meditation. Drinking
    Dislikes: hostility without cause, those who pick on the weak for no purpose,cowards

Favorite Foods: Any soup, preferable a thick broth with fish or beef
    Favorite Drinks: black tea with extra honey, Whiskey
    Favorite Colors: Red,Blue,Black,white,green

Hobbies: Alchemy, keeping herself in fighting condition
Details:
  • Played by What Famous Person: N/A

Theme Songs:
    Sirenia- The End of it All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDp6cqnihwU

History: Rencey has come a long way. From escaping an orc raid with the help of her mother and father, living out within the dark lands of Lavastorm and living outside of the cities as well, to having a permanent place in both Freeport and Gorowyn. Rencey has gone through many changes in her life.
    For 18 years, she has been training in many different martial art forms, finally becoming a powerful fighter in her own right.

Lately, she seems to be leading a tranquil life, appearing every so often within taverns or roaming the world at large. Rumors state that she continues to battle for the good of Norrath, residing within the walls of Qeynos for a time.

Last edited by Rencey on 11/02/16, edited 20 times in total.

Galvanion
Visitor

Re: Rencey Val'Shade

Post by Galvanion » 10/01/08

I observed this peculiar individual in the midst of our apprehending one of those nefarious dolls who so troubled us in Qeynos the other day. She is most strange; she spoke in a hissing language that was beyond my comprehension. Perhaps she has only recently arrived in the city? I may need to find an interpreter if our paths ever should cross again.

Duvessa
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Duvessa » 09/19/09

I've decided to keep the commentary on Malianna and Rencey together. Where one goes, the other is sure to follow, mother and child respectively. Both of them are magical anomalies of their own kind, and I think they have a kind of a shared destiny. They are both very loyal to each other, something of a positive all things considered, and how rare it is children get along with their parents. They are a community unto themselves. Sometimes normal, friendly, other times distant and unfathomable. But always interesting. I have to give them that.

Ijaka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Ijaka » 09/25/09

I've seen her around a bit, usually at the Raven or in the Soulfire. She seems like a pretty nice sort, a bit on the quite side though. Apparently she's related to that Malianna character. *he shakes his head* Here's to hoping this is an apple that got catapulted out of the tree.

Kietana
Patron
Patron

Post by Kietana » 09/26/09

*Noted in a Tally book, somewhere*

Rency Val'Shade, Daughter to the Demon of Neriak.

She is interesting, this one.

Mother was going off to attempt to get herself killed and came to Aunt for haven. I like her, and I think if given time close to her I might learn some interesting fighting moves from her.

Nikatell
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Nikatell » 11/06/09

"Rencey? I's remembers hers. We's used toos work togethers at the Maiden's Fancy some time backs. She's wasses as strong fighters then and isses good toos knows that hasn't changed."

The Ratonga takes a deep sip of the Mara tea before him. He leans back and taps the table in thought.

"I's has toos admits, that I's was sorries toos see hers goes. She's always been polites and was always pleasant toos talk toos. But she's has a destinys, and I's not the ones toos keep hers back. But, I's nevers goings toos turn downs a chats."

Rencey
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Rencey » 11/10/09

((updated to current character sheet!!))

Rencey
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Rencey » 12/31/09

((updated again! :P ))

Kikiriki
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kikiriki » 01/11/10

"She is a friends of a friends... buts I thinks we coulds becomes friends toos, despites who hers mother is. She was veries kinds to me. I looks forwards to speakings with her agains."

Rencey
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Rencey » 02/02/10

(( nother update,hehe :P ))

Rencey
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Rencey » 04/17/10

((updated to fix typos and more information (if minor!) ))

GloomPixie
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: Rencey

Post by GloomPixie » 12/03/10

I have watched her grow and mature over the years and I am pleased with what changes have occurred. She is far more thoughtful, reserved, and patient than when we first met. Her spirit seems to have bolstered itself as well, strengthened by her hardships rather than crushed by them. This, too, is a good thing. At first, it seems that every changing breeze blown by Fate was of the utmost distress to her. Now, it seems she can weather whatever storms cross her path.

Rencey
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Rencey » 05/09/11

(( updated with recent information!! ))

Tallindra
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Tallindra » 06/16/11

"A chance meeting, quite some time ago... And it has yielded quite a bit since.

"I cannot claim to know the woman too well, of course. Our dealings are private, removed from the wider state of things - I have yet to face a situation where her worth is honestly measured. Thus, all I can say is assumptions and guesses...

"Obvious a very... Lively person, quite unlike myself in that respect. Out to live life to the fullest, and - unusually for one with Teir'dal blood - this does not seem to mean crushing others and taking what they had. A rather pleasant combination, really.

"She has a very unusual gift. To be completely honest, that is what first had me interested in her..." She was quiet a moment, eyeing the interviewer carefully. "I do realize that sounds like I intend to use her. No, I don't deny that is exactly what I had in mind upon meeting her...

"Things do change, however."

Khayte
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Khayte » 07/02/11

Khayte hands back the list to the reporter. "I know her. I had actually heard of a ... little tussle she had with a friend of mine a day before actually running across her myself." She chuckles, "Someone gets a "little" crazy when others make a pass at her beau. Anyways, I was surprised that when Radiance had a bit of a slip up on her self control and another aspect of her when feral and chased a Sigil off and Rencey was there protecting her. I helped her keep the Sigil safe and then went to track Radiance down."

She sips on her juice a moment and is subdued. "I've heard talk of people not liking her and they seem rather married to that opinion. I really have had no issues with her and found her quite pleasant. Perhaps I will have to eat my words later, but if we never get a chance to escape our past, we can never be allowed to improve. I know that I've not been given a chance a time or two, but I've managed to come out alright despite what others think of me. It's likely because I'll tell them to kiss my ass"

She folds her napkin in her lap and looks up with an expression of having been lectured a time or two. Then she looks as though she has quite a bit more to say on the subject but just sits there smiling. "You know what they say, if you don't have something nice to say, shut the fuck up." Khayte takes her juice and drinks from it looking elsewhere indicating the interview has concluded.

Eilisbeth
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Eilisbeth » 07/11/11

Eilisbeth looks somewhat surprised when asked about this woman, her hands giving a weak sweep out. "I feel I should know the name... She's worked for us here and there. Short stints, each time. I get the feeling that she's a restless individual." Offering the interviewer a wan smile, she adds, "I'm afraid that's all I can really give at this moment."

Danasseus

Post by Danasseus » 08/04/11

Foolish. Ran at me hoping for vengeance because I had put a grapnel through her mothers mouth. I nearly showed her the same. What is it they say? Revenge is a dish best served cold?

Although. I must thank her for the trophies she's given me.

Kosovos
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Kosovos » 08/05/11

I am glad she showed up at the last of our battle joining our side... She will forever have my gratitude for this. Her fighting style was well worth it and prooved too much against that armored ironclad Drulk....sah

She has respect with me.

Avith
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Avith » 08/24/11

I have known Rencey, Malianna’s daughter for quite some time now. I have to say, the girl seems to always be in some kind of trouble. I worry about the latest mess she has gotten herself into. I am not sure she will come out alive and this time even I cannot help her.

Luxelen
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Luxelen » 09/06/11

*nods at the interviewer*

Rencey’s had quite the tough life. I have to say that I don’t think I could survive half the circumstances that fate has thrown her way. She’s always been nothing but kind and understanding to me, always has offered her skills to me in times of need. She’s courageous and fearless, and a good friend.

I just wish there was more I could do to help her.

Poesy
Visitor

Post by Poesy » 09/06/11

"Do you have any sort of timing at all? Why is it you always find me when I'm in the garden?"

Poesy places down the clippers and rises with an annoyed look at the interviewer. "Yes, alright, Rencey. She works at the tavern, though I haven't seen her much of late. Whenever I do see her or hear from her, she's always in some sort of trouble. By now, you would think she'd have learned a way to get out of it, but I believe she prefers the trouble. It keeps attention on her at all times."

The interviewer comments that Poesy is being rather nasty, and she blinks in vague surprise.

"I'm not being nasty or catty. I'm speaking my opinion. Emotionally? I don't know her well enough to consider her a friend, ally, or ... to consider her at all. I just know what I've seen and heard of her.Why would you ask the question if you don't want the answer, anyway?" She waves the woman off, refusing to answer anything else.

Rencey
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Rencey » 11/23/11

(( Updated for future class/current character stats ))

Rencey
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Rencey » 03/19/12

((Updated once more! ))

Taysa
Resident
Resident

Post by Taysa » 06/05/12

Knight Val'Shade...she has risen to through the ranks quickly. Time and again, she is respectful, poised, polite, and ever ready to complete her duties. On a more personal level, I find her to be one I could call a friend. I am afraid, however, that our difference in ranks causes her not to see me in such a manner, but that is fine. It only shows she is extremely serious about her place in the Overlord's army.

I very much look forward to watching her grow. Should she continue the path that she is on, she will go very far within the ranks.

Folodu
Resident
Resident

Post by Folodu » 06/08/12

Folodu grins widely. "This is an interesting one. I wish my duties did not conflict with hers so much, as I would enjoy more time with her. But alas, it is what it is."
She tilts her head slightly. "Though for the truth of it, I know very little about her."