Seistil

Patrons, venues, and guilds
Seistil
Regular
Regular

Seistil

Post by Seistil » 01/07/10

(( A few OOC notes! While I know there are lots of "supernatural" characters in EQ2 RP, and some of them are RP'ed quite well... everyone knows the stereotype of the awful Mary Sue or Gary Stu uber powerful half werewolf demon vampire with giant wings that span the entire continent. A well played vampire, lycan or other "supernatural" character can be a joy to interact with, while the latter can result in repeated facedesking and much eye-rolling.

It should be noted that this character is a "lich" somewhat like Venril Sathir or what Lucan D'Lere is rumored to be. However, he is -not- a powerful lich like Venril Sathir or Lucan D'Lere, and he tries to hide this from most people. Definitely there is no shooting lasers out of his eyes or eating of souls or wafting into a tavern with an overpowering aura of EVIL AND DEATH, or any of that sort of thing. Because he is a lesser lich rather than an arch lich, he has no reason to flaunt his undead status in public, which would probably only lead to some powerful necromancer, Freeblood or other more powerful being enslaving him. In fact, it's likely that the majority of characters he may interact with will probably not ever guess him anything but an Iksar, if an eccentric and somewhat socially awkward one. I follow EQ2's Lore on liches, as well as bits taken from real world mythology to fill in gaps where EQ2's lore is hazy or specifics just not mentioned. Anyone is free to PM me with questions about this! ))

Full Name: Seistil Veresst
Nicknames: none

Biographical:

Race: Iksar
Date of Birth: Unknown - the date was never recorded
Age: Looks to be not quite middle aged for an Iksar (he estimates he's about 40 or so )
Hair: NA
Skin: slate gray scales
Eyes: pale gray
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 165lbs- armor makes him look bigger than he really is. Underneath it, he's rather gaunt for an Iksar. This gauntness can be seen in his face, since Seistil rarely wears full helms.

Place of Residence: Neriak, but doesn't stay there often, preferring other cities and areas.
Place of Birth: Unknown - he assumes Freeport

Relatives: None
Enemies: no enemies yet
Allies: none yet

Crafting: Armorer

Appearance: Average height for an Iksar, the only thing to distinguish Seistil from most others would be his incredibly pale scales and eyes. He is almost never seen without heavy armor or long robes. In the rare chance he's caught without armor or robes, a person would see that he has few scars, the only notable one being a scar on his left pectoral. His facial features are regular, and he's neither incredibly handsome nor incredibly ugly for his racial standard.

Fashion of Choice: heavy plate armor or robes - anything that covers as much as possible.
Armor of Choice: ^ see above
Weapons of Choice: prefers two handed swords but will make do with most any melee weapon

Special Abilities: none - his power and skill are typical for a shadowknight
[/list]
Personality:
  • Alignment: true neutral
    Motivations: Revenge against whatever or whoever was the sole motivator of his death (he assumes it wasn't the work of two petty necromancers alone), staying free-willed and not falling victim to a powerful necromancer, traveling the world and seeing the sights.

Disposition: calm, a bit detached, tends towards logic and rationality rather than emotional responses. This detachment is not due to a hostile nature, but rather from going out of his way to conduct himself "properly" in public; these attempts sometimes come across as a little awkward or stiff. He is curious by nature, but deeply private, and will not ask (or answer) questions that are too personal unless he feels comfortable around that particular individual.

Despite his grim appearance, Seistil isn't the type to menace or harass unless he's severely provoked or protecting an ally.

Outlook: Do no harm to me and I'll do no harm to you - generally he believes in leaving well enough alone unless the actions of others prove otherwise. In battle, he shows no mercy, hesitation, or regret.

Religion/Philosophy: Seistil follows no particular deity, but instead believes in a delicate balance of the natural world - of which he does not consider himself a part of due to his state of unlife.

Sexuality: Seistil he doesn't seem very interested in any particular gender or race when it comes to intimate relationships. Given his condition, any romantic attachments would -probably- be less physical for him and more emotional or spiritual.

Positive Personality Traits: Calm, rational, straight-forward, polite, open-minded.
    Negative Personality Traits: Often comes across as cold or detached, has a hard time connecting on a personal level with people. And he is technically undead, so that might be considered a real negative to some people.
    Misc. Quirks: He's got plenty of these. The most obvious is a -very- dry sense of humor that most don't pick up on, since he speaks in almost unvarying monotone.
Affiliations:
  • Guild:
    Guild Rank:
    Faction:
    Faction:
    Faction:
    Faction:
Interests:
  • Likes: Interesting conversations, philosophy, quiet contemplation,dark, creepy places.
    Dislikes: Arrogance, bragging, and acting without thinking things out beforehand.

Favorite Foods: Being as he is, Seistil doesn't really need to eat or drink. He does so out of habit and to make others less uncomfortable around him - and also to help hide his condition in public. But he can't really taste any of the food or drink he consumes.
    Favorite Drinks: ^ see above - though he is usually seen ordering herbal tea of some kind. This could be a habit left over from his previous life.
    Favorite Colors: Blue

Hobbies: Wandering, reading, listening and joining in on interesting conversations, and doing the usual shadow knight stuff when there's nothing else to do. Also, learning to smith armor in his spare time.
Details:
  • Played by What Famous Person: Javier Bardem as a voice actor or with CGI effects ( think Chigurh from No Country For Old Men )
    phpBB [media]

Theme Songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFfZYyOgjhM

History: Seistil only remembers bits and pieces of his former life. This doesn't exactly upset him as much as it might a living person - in fact, he prefers not to remember much so he can get on with his existence without added trauma and regret.

He does remember, however, that it was two Teir'Dal necromancers that brought him to his current state. The elves were dabbling in the dark arts of raising the dead and trying out new techniques - techniques they were not nearly skilled enough to be be practicing. Finding one of their personal body-guards a likely candidate, they murdered the Iksar and then attempted to resurrect him as a lich-servant. They were successful in part; they did indeed resurrect Seistil's soul and body back to the living plane, but had no control over their creation.

Having no control over himself at the time either due to the horrible trauma of being killed and then brought back from death, Seistil turned on his new masters and quickly dispatched them in a fit of grief, pain and confusion. He then fled and hid for some time in Darklight Wood until he regained control over his own mind and soul by effort of will. He cannot say how many days, weeks, or even years might have passed since his resurrection and returning to Neriak as standard measurements of time have lost much of their meaning to him, but he concludes it must have been some substantial length of at least a year, possibly more.

His greatest fear is having a powerful necromancer or defiler take over his own will and make him into a slave, or losing himself to the own urges and lusts for power and feeding off living essences that many sentient undead have. Staying neutral and in control of himself is top priority in Seistil's "life". He keeps his phylactery hidden in a secret place--a place he's never told anyone of. (This was all RP-ed out years ago on the Lucan D'Lere RP server, though that guild is long-gone and defunct now).

Last edited by Seistil on 05/19/17, edited 16 times in total.

Sestra RheTaxus
Visitor

Re: Seistil Veresst

Post by Sestra RheTaxus » 01/10/10

I know very little of this one...however i feel i know more then most others would. mostly because of what i am myself, i can only wonder how he came to be who is now or who he was before this, undeath is after all a change in your state of being...you lose things...and gain things and one certainity is you never stay the same person whom you were. Sarvek in particular spoke to me of his consideration for Seistil, which is rare considering Sarvek rarely speaks of anything or anyone unless its dire to my health or he feels its important, how strange.

Normally i would see a person like this as oppurtunity to ply my trade but i welcome him as something more now, a comrade united under one cause...maybe just maybe i can train him more in the dark magics that should now naturally come to him.

Greyshadow
Visitor

Post by Greyshadow » 02/06/10

This fellow is an interesting sort to say the least, and an extremely rare breed; unlike the majority of his kind he isn't driven by lust for power or fleeing death out of fear for the unknown. More so he found himself in such a state...perhaps cursed as one of my kind are...and he seeks to resist the decay that undeath has upon the "heart". Behind his stoicism there's something more and although i cannot say how he feels on the matter of being cursed or blessed he will still have my aid or counsel if he ever so requires it. something i am most thankful for is he seemed at peace with what i am which is refreshing my secret is not one i am proud to reveal.

Undead or alive, he is my comrade and i would be honored to fight by his side so I should strive to learn more about him, who knows i may make a loyal and true friend in the process..time will tell.

Seistil
Regular
Regular

Post by Seistil » 12/05/11

(( Updated and edited a little bit! ))

Dirdin
Visitor

Re: Seistil

Post by Dirdin » 12/10/11

An Iksar gentleman. I did not think it possible to have an enjoyable conversation with such a creature. Consider me proven wrong. We spoke at length about the gods and their followers. My only regret is that we could not talk longer. He was interesting. I like speaking with intellectuals. Sadly, wolves and foxes, even dear Nodin, offer me little in the way of conversation when I am skulking through the woods alone.

May Tunare keep this one.

Seistil
Regular
Regular

Post by Seistil » 04/02/12

(( updated. ))

Sairina
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Sairina » 04/10/12

Seistil? Seistil? Oh, ye mean Ssseisstil... ha! Naw, I'm jes' messin' wif ye. 'E was in th' Green Sock a few nights back while I was on-shift. Rather nice guy, fer an Ikky-saur, not all hissin' an' spittin' an' doin' th' oh-so-borin' "blargh! Thule! Fear! Softskins! Fear! Thule!" yakkity-schmack... gods below, do I get tired o' 'earin' that from th' scalies down th' block...

Anyway, no, this guy was pretty wiz. Didn't talk much 'bout 'imself, who does, but I kinda got th' sense that 'e's, uh, somethin' o' a nerd in iksar society. Didn't strike me as all that... socially adjusted, y'know? I mean, sure, there's lotsa bashers in Freeport ye wouldn't wanna be seen in public wif, but this guy wasn't like that 'e was jes' all sorta... awkward. I dunno, guess I ne'er expected there t' be geek Iksar, y'know?

Kalmaraa
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Kalmaraa » 04/23/12

(( First off apologies for the late reply, it's been very busy for me both on and offline of late. ))

Kalmaraa looks to the interviewer, "Who?" He listens a bit, "Oh the pale iksar I meet at the faire.. hmm yes well hmmm.." He tapes the bone plate at the end of his snout in thought, "I will admit for a Iksar he did impress me. He seems unusually honorable then most Iksar I have meet, and didn't call me a abomination right off the bat as well." He then picks up a quill pen from his desk and looks to some paper on it, "At the moment though I am uncertain about him, only time will tell. Now if you pardon, I have things to do."

Seistil
Regular
Regular

Post by Seistil » 02/08/13

(( Had to take some time off gaming in general for the birth of my daughter :) but I will be back in game here and there and looking for RP, so feel free to hit me up anyone, I'm totally not going to bite and love random RP ))

Seistil
Regular
Regular

Post by Seistil » 05/19/17

(Updated =) )