[SC] Star Citizen

All manner of fun stuff!
Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: [SC] Star Citizen

Post by Psia » 02/25/16

I came across a player-made video from the game. I found it entertaining.

phpBB [media]
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 10/10/16

https://kotaku.com/star-citizen-singlep ... 1787602902
Star Citizen's Singleplayer Campaign Delayed

Star Citizen’s singleplayer campaign module, an experience called Squadron 42, has been officially delayed into...well, the future.

The move was announced (via Kotaku UK) on the Citizencon livestream, an event for fans and backers of the ambitious space shooter. No revised release date was given, and given the reasons stated—that many levels for the game are still in a preliminary “grey box” stage— who knows when that date would be.

It’s hardly surprising news. Most people would have expected this delay, since it’s now October 2016 and Squadron 42 has never looked or sounded like it’d be formally and finally released between now and Christmas, but official news is still official news.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 04/16/17

Star Citizen is still in production! Their 3.0 update promises lots of tweaks and new features. They also give a rough schedule of what they have planned in coming months.

Production Schedule Report
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/16/17

But...no actual game in production that I could even entertain playing yet. I mean, yes. I understand that production on this game requires an elaborate plan. Most games do. And, perhaps, this game is more sophisticated in detail. However, the it's done when it's done approach can only carry interested player's so far.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 07/18/18

Star Citizen Backer Sues To Get $4,500 Back, Loses
https://kotaku.com/star-citizen-backer- ... 1827666550

tldr: Fed up with SC/S42's delays and feature creep guy wanted money back. Didn't get money back.

Not that I can blame him for trying. Game was supposed to be out years ago. And they keep adding stuff that wasn't in the original scope. I think part of the problem is that they don't have a manager who knows how to manage and say "no" when needed.

I also can't blame RSI for not paying the guy back. As pointed out in the article, he was well beyond the refund times in the TOS. And if they paid this guy back it would start a precedent and we can only guess how many others would start demanding money back.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 10/11/18

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 10/13/18

Nice cinematic. But where is the game???