phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: Posts from Whoville (Doctor Who)

Post by Psia » 09/22/18

phpBB [media]

Oh, the possibilities.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 09/28/18

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 10/08/18

phpBB [media]

I spy more Broadchurch alumni.

phpBB [media]
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 10/08/18

Doctor Who, “The Woman Who Fell To Earth” - Overnight Viewing Figures
http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/10/th ... night.html

"It is the highest overnight rating for the series for a regular episode for over ten years"

TEN YEARS! Only things like the 50th Anniversary and Christmas specials have scored higher. She's off to a good start!

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 10/08/18

All that whining due to casting a woman in the lead role. Ha, I say. HA!

Calris
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Calris » 10/09/18

Psia wrote:
10/08/18
What's real fun is watching the man-babies try to explain how their objections weren't misogyny. "But but but TRADITION!"

Lyah
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Lyah » 10/10/18

Calris wrote:
10/09/18
Psia wrote:
10/08/18
What's real fun is watching the man-babies try to explain how their objections weren't misogyny. "But but but TRADITION!"
I don't have am objection to a female Doctor, though I have a strong objection to the misandry that defined the Capaldi era.

But on a lighter note:

phpBB [media]

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 10/10/18

And the New Who version:

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 10/10/18

"Accept for Nardole. That one was purely physical." HAHAHAHA!

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 10/29/18

/purrrr
Doctor Mew.jpg
Doctor Mew.jpg (56.2 KiB) Viewed 1613 times

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 11/05/18

May the saints of all the stars and constellations
Bring you hope
As they guide you
Out of the dark and into the light
On this voyage and the next
And all the journeys still to come.
For now and evermore.
I like it.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 11/24/18

Tom Baker Is Turning His Wild Idea For a Doctor Who Movie Into a Novel
https://io9.gizmodo.com/tom-baker-is-tu ... 1830612765

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 11/30/18

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 12/14/18

phpBB [media]

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 12/15/18

phpBB [media]

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 12/17/18

I really miss Murray Gold, but damn, the new guy is really good.

Lyah
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Lyah » 02/18/19

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 02/27/19

While not a HUGE change that the items headline suggests, it's probably a good idea.
The Sunday run kicked off with 8.2 million viewers in October but had slipped to 5.2 million for the last episode in December.

An insider revealed: “There is a feeling families are freer to watch on Saturdays than Sundays, when kids have homework to finish.

"While the show rated well overall, there were concerns over the decline in audience.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dr- ... e-14056400

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/01/19

Sounds legit. ;)

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/new-doctor ... -90647.htm

TENNANT & PIPER REUNITING FOR NEW DOCTOR WHO SPIN-OFF “META-CRISIS”

Press release:

BBC One today announces Meta-Crisis – a new 6×60 Doctor Who spin-off created by award-winning writer Russell T Davies.

Meta-Crisis sees David Tennant and Billie Piper reviving their popular on-screen pairing. Set over a decade after the events of 2008 Doctor Who episode “Journey’s End”, it follows the adventures of Rose Piper and the titular Meta-Crisis Tenth Doctor.

Synopsis: On parallel Earth, Rose Piper and someone calling himself “John Smith” have been living a relatively peaceful life with their two children, and their retired police dog. The biggest challenge in their lives being where to go on date night. But their quiet existence is about to be rocked as something sinister is stirring in Bad Wolf Bay…

Russell T Davies says: “I’m thrilled to be bringing this project to BBC One. I’ve wanted to make this spin-off since 2008, when I first thought of the idea. There’s no better time than now to catch-up with the Piper family and find out what they’ve been up to over the years.”

Billie Piper says: “The romantic relationship between the Doctor and Rose has always been very popular with fans, mainly on Tumblr and DeviantArt, but I’m excited to explore the many ups and downs of Tenpetals.”

David Tennant says: “It’s funny. Every year, around this exact time, I seem to be getting calls from my agent about returning to Doctor Who!”

Chris Chibnall says: “Sorry, I’m too busy writing “The Return of the Pting” right now. I promise it’s my greatest episode yet!”

Meta-Crisis is executive produced by Russell T Davies, Phil Collinson and Flora Ilops. The series is produced by BBC Cymru Wales in association with BBC Studios for BBC One.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 04/03/19

YYYYYYEEEEE--

"04/01/19"

DAMN IT!