Posts from the Iron Throne (GoT) SPOILERS WITHIN

All manner of fun stuff!
Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: Posts from the Iron Throne (GoT) SPOILERS WITHIN

Post by Diera » 04/26/16

Or... Drogon will burn Vaes Dothrak to the ground and eat Moro's Khalisar.

Woops?

(No idea, but I'm sure it has something to do with the dragon since he was so prominent in the second trailer.)

Aviola
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Aviola » 04/26/16

Spoilers:

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 04/26/16

phpBB [media]

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 05/16/16

phpBB [media]

You knew someone would do this.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 05/18/16

The following theory, found through Reddit, has been floating around the internet this week. It regards the secret that The High Sparrow shared with King Tommen. Which Tommen later shared with his Mother, Cersei, in the most recent episode. We never heard the details. But went straight into Cersei and Jaime's meeting with the Council.
  • It's my belief that THS told Tommen about the Tyrells' involvement in Joffrey's murder. Judging by the tears in his eyes when he's about to tell Cersei, it seemed to be the worst possible news. I believe it's Ser Loras who revealed this information as he seemed absolutely broken by his solitary confinement.

Immediately after Tommen tells her the news, Cersei and Jaime show up to the small council with a plan to invite the Tyrell army into King's Landing to deal with the Seven and protect Margaery from a talk of atonement. I believe this is a ruse by Cersei to draw the Tyrells into her scheme.

Why would Cersei do this? . . . The Tyrells picking a fight with the Seven will create unrest among its followers/citizens of King's Landing. They will turn on and blame the Tyrells with the Lannisters "standing down." This creates a war between two of Cersei's least favorite factions: the citizens of King's Landing who treated her like garbage during her walk of atonement, and the family responsible for her son's murder. Every dead body is a win.
It makes a great deal of sense to me. I thought it interesting and a bit odd to hear Cersei appeal to Lady Olenna Tyrell in the fashion that she did. Saying just the right things to get our Queen of Thorns immediate agreement. Now I know why that made the hairs on my neck raise. If this has any accuracy at all we may experience another shocker soon. I adore Olenna. But I suspect we may see her meet a grisly end. Perhaps even the death of Queen Margaery as well. Cersei will just have to nurse Tommen through the loss.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Maelgrym
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Maelgrym » 05/18/16

That's spot on with the way this show has been running. I had a suspicion that there was more at play here than originally thought and with Loras being beaten and broken and simply wanting to give up, that would be a juicy bit of leverage for the Sparrow to hold over the King.

However, GoT is never is so transparent...the Sparrow's plan backfiring and blowing up into his face by the possibility that the "news" was actually not the Walk of Atonement for Margery fits really well into developing into a scene that could be bloodier than the red wedding...and you are right about Cersei seizing advantage of it.

The Lanisters will clean up the dregs of what is left...no matter who is left. The only other thing I could see happening is her losing her last son during the scuffle. Probably to a servant fanatic's dinner dagger. That would fulfill the prophecy - that her three children would die, foretold to her by ‘Maggy the Frog’ when she was a child.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 05/23/16

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 05/26/16

How some real life history influenced A Song of Ice and Fire

phpBB [media]

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 06/11/16

phpBB [media]

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 06/12/16

Here, let's have some more emotional scarring.

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 06/14/16

Well, then...
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 06/14/16

There are only two episodes left for this season. Since the writers are diverging from GRRM's novels, perhaps shorter seasons are a good thing?

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 06/17/16

Short and to the point. Too bad he didn't wanna hear what had to say.

Scrattch
Resident
Resident

Post by Scrattch » 06/20/16

Stark Tested, Sansa Approved!

Spoilers:

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 06/21/16

Lyanna Mormont may be my new favorite character and I am sad she was not introduced sooner.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 06/22/16

Fuck.

Yes.

phpBB [media]

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 06/22/16

Okay... that video was pretty fucking epic.

TashMonster
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TashMonster » 06/22/16

So there is a website where the author recaps each Game of Thrones episode in pretty much the best possible way:

Warning: Spoileriffic

https://imgur.com/a/58xeo

Source: https://chrysreviews.com/

Maelgrym
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Maelgrym » 06/22/16

I am actually a bit nervous to watch the next episode. A lot of viewers got what they wanted last show...the causalities seem like a small price. I am hoping it was more of a "sorry for F-ing with you all these years...here's a bone" episode rather than "you need this to get through what we are taking next show"...

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 06/22/16

TashMonster wrote:So there is a website where the author recaps each Game of Thrones episode in pretty much the best possible way:

Warning: Spoileriffic

https://imgur.com/a/58xeo

Source: https://chrysreviews.com/
AHAHA! I love Chrys. She gets a bit...Tumblry every now and then, but for the most part she's awesome.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 06/24/16

Real world politics could effect quality of storytelling of our favorite grabs for power in a fantasy world. The majority of voters are guiding a withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36625229
The UK film and TV industry will be badly hurt by Brexit, the chairman of the Independent Film and Television Alliance told the Verge.

"The decision to exit the European Union is a major blow to the UK film and TV industry," Michael Ryan told the website. "Producing films and television programs is a very expensive and very risky business and certainty about the rules affecting the business is a must."

HBO series Game of Thrones is largely filmed in Northern Ireland, partly funded by the European Regional Development fund. It has also been filmed in Spain, Croatia, Iceland and Malta. That funding could go away, depending on how UK's EU exit is negotiated.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 06/26/16

The strongest metal in the Seven Kingdoms?
phpBB [media]