Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Avengers Spin-Off)

All manner of fun stuff!
Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Psia » 12/11/14

Tregarde SHIELD is really coming together in Season 2. The writing is much tighter, the characters more developed. There is a good balance between humor and serious. And the humor is well done, without delving into being goofy. And the serious, oh, they can tug on the feels (Fitz & Simmons!).

BUT... there was something in this last episode (#9) that just irked me!

Spoilers:

Spoilers:

For what they call the mid-season finale, it was a hum-dinger to be sure. One member of the team won't be coming back and the look on the witnesses face tugged at the feels. That had to be horrifying.

Spoilers:

Now we have to wait for the Avengers: Age of Ultron to see what effects that will have for Agents of SHIELD. Which won't be back until March. :evil: I'm going to assume that Nick Fury will have to appear in the mid-season opener as much will have changed.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 12/12/14

Psia Now we have to wait for the Avengers: Age of Ultron to see what effects that will have for Agents of SHIELD. Which won't be back until March. :evil: I'm going to assume that Nick Fury will have to appear in the mid-season opener as much will have changed.
But at least we'll have Agent Carter starting in early January!

GloomPixie
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by GloomPixie » 12/17/14

Ward continues to make my skin crawl.

Almost caught up.

"Oh look...hats!" is one of my favorite season moments.

SHUT UP AND LET HER TALK, FITZ. Jesus. Seriously. Also, GET A SPINE, JEMMA. Again, seriously. Stop letting yourself be overriden.

Whitehall is spectacularly horrible. I just want to punch him in his perfect fucking face every time he's on screen. The only thing that changes is the object I am holding as I do so. Then I want to drop him in a vat of acid.

Spoilers:

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Avengers Spin-Off)

Post by Tregarde » 03/03/15

Damn. I'll miss Peggy, but what a way to pick things up after the hiatus!

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 03/19/15

I'm one episode behind. So wasn't aware of what this spoiler is connected to. VERY interesting...

Spoilers:

"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 03/19/15

Pretty much, your "spoiler" reveals ALL we know for now. It's going to be really interesting seeing how this develops.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 05/02/15

This weeks episode, The Dirty Half Dozen, which leads directly into the Age of Ultron movie, is still locked to me. But I've seen a few pertinent clips.

Once I got enough flashbacks for Gonzalez's team, I do have a certain degree of sympathy. Just not for Gonzalez himself. Vicki should have been the first to be invited to his little council. He very clearly had no respect for the fact that Victoria Hand accepted Coulson as the Director of what remained of SHIELD. I seriously doubt that he knew the fate of Vicki until after Hartley's team made contact and joined Coulson's team on the down-low.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 05/13/15

Holy shit, that season ender! Especially after that lackluster episode with the tacked on Ultron connection... they really pulled it together! Just, wow. Season 3 can't get here soon enough!

Spoilers:

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 05/29/15

Chinese Coke commercials. For full effect, turn Closed Captioning on.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 09/08/15

Season 3 promo:
phpBB [media]

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 10/28/15

Season 3 is off to a good start overall. I just have one non-spoilery thing to say about episode 5, "4,722 Hours"...

Fitz is best friend!

Seriously. If you've seen the episode through to the end, you understand.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 12/08/15

Season 3 has been building up... and these last two episodes... OMG! Talk about game changers! First they... and then they... now they... AHGH! And they're not even half way through the season yet!

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 03/30/16

Well... they did it. SHIELD finally went there... Overall it was an okay episode - good plot stuff, brought down by mediocre writing. But then it had this:

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 09/12/16

phpBB [media]

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 12/13/16

The first half of Season 4 has been pretty good. Introducing Ghost Rider sounded crazy, but they made it work! Gabriel Luna has been doing a great job as Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider. Seeing the team gradually get back together after being separated has been a blast. Coulson continues to be the king of geeks and one-liners. Moving to the 10pm slot also allows them to get a bit more graphic when things get violent, but thankfully they never go overboard with it. Just so much good stuff.

I still miss Bobbi and Lance though, damn ABC for the ill conceived spin-off that never took off!

Since Agent Carter didn't get renewed, there's not much to fill the slot during the mid-season hiatus. But there ARE a series of shorts that center on "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez. All together, they add up to about half an episode, but they fill in a bit about her past.

phpBB [media]

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 06/12/17

Holy shit, did season 3 end on a high note! I'd say season 3 in general was the best of the series so far. And wow, what a cliffhanger to keep us anxious to see how things pick up.

While we wait for season 4, here's a short about the effects used to bring Ghost Rider to the screen.

phpBB [media]

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 09/26/17

Agents... IN SPACE!

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 09/28/17

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-disney-r ... 1818861291
Report: Disney Refused to Let ABC Cancel Agents of SHIELD After Its Fourth Season

The most recent season of Agents of SHIELD finally held its own against Marvel’s films and other television projects that have outshined it in the past. There was magic, mystery, an explicit condemnation of the Nazi organization that is Hydra, and a very clever take on the “darkest timeline” TV trope.

However, while Agents of SHIELD seems to have finally found its footing, it’s also become increasingly cut off from Marvel’s Cinematic Universe, with no clear plans for any sort of integration in the near future. To that end, according to a new report from Variety, ABC was all but ready to cancel Agents of Shield after its fourth season, and would have done so if not for Disney pulling rank and forcing its renewal. No specific reason is mentioned for the potential cancellation, though the publication notes that the network is mired in an overall “ratings rut.”

It would stand to reason that some might see the show as extra weight that could easily be cast off in favor of a new project that might lead to a ratings boost, but for the time being, Agents of SHIELD lives on. The show’s fifth season is due to premiere later this year.
Thank you, Disney!

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 11/11/17

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]