Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Avengers Spin-Off)

All manner of fun stuff!
Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Psia » 04/06/14

Wow. This has really turned into one helluva ride. The identity of The Clairvoyant has been revealed. Sort of. Agent Hand rubbed me the wrong way from her first appearance. So color me not shocked that she has a negative agenda toward Coulson's team. Though I'm not convinced that she may be the real Clairvoyant. I call Red Herring.

And now that Captain America 2 has premiered, word is that the AoS producers had script access early on. And have already worked in the revelations regarding the state of S.H.I.E.L.D. at it's conclusion. I've already spoiled the movies mind fuck for myself. AoS isn't getting around this.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Lyah
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Lyah » 04/06/14

I have to admit... I love this show. Not every episode is awesome, but all of them seem to be moving forward in a long-game arc. I loved seeing Sif show up, love the hell out of Colson, love the team.... I don't have much to nitpick. Best show ever? Nope... but I like the story, and this whole huge universe bound up in movies and series with great continuity? Loving it.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 04/06/14

I'm debating if Hand really is the Claivoyant.

After Coulon was captured, Hand was leading the effort to wipe out Centipede across the world. After all the time, effort and expense that must have gone into building Centipede, that seems a bit extreme. Sure, Centipede wasn't eradicated, but it clearly suffered a major blow.

While Hand seemed to have little interest in saving Coulson, when The Team went after him, Hand did nothing to stop them or even slow them down. It was well within her power to, and not seem suspicious.

My theory - Hand is a very driven, by-the-book type. When Coulson was captured she was looking at the 'big picture' instead of putting a single agent as her priority. Something happened off screen at the last episode that caused her to put the mark on The Team, but we won't know exactly what till the next episode.

Another theory - May has been reporting to Fury all this time.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/06/14

Tregarde Another theory - May has been reporting to Fury all this time.
That's been my working theory as well. And perhaps this movie will offer a plausible reason for why Fury is too busy to acknowledge Coulson directly? I mean, besides the show likely can't afford to pay Samuel L. Jackson for a television cameo.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Torryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Torryn » 04/06/14

Psia That's been my working theory as well. And perhaps this movie will offer a plausible reason for why Fury is too busy to acknowledge Coulson directly? I mean, besides the show likely can't afford to pay Samuel L. Jackson for a television cameo.
You mean pay him -again-. He's already done one cameo. Marvel's putting a lot into this...I'm pretty sure they'd be willing to shell out for whatever cameos they feel they need.

And I'm all for it...

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/06/14

Wait. I've not seen Nick Fury in AoS yet. Did it just happen this week?

Oh. I saw Captain America 2 today. It really throws a monkey wrench into AoS. The implications are severe.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 04/07/14

Psia Wait. I've not seen Nick Fury in AoS yet. Did it just happen this week?
No. It was in one of the early episodes, #2 or #3. He made a short cameo at the end and made a comment about how Coulson managed to get The Bus beaten up in such a short time.

Torryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Torryn » 04/07/14

Episode 2. Here's the clip, if you like:

phpBB [media]

Lyah
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Lyah » 04/07/14

It would have been better if he had managed to get in something about wanting the snakes off the plane.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/07/14

Thank you for that link! Right after I watched the premiere via Hulu, I waited until the next evening to watch episode 2. Hulu had already bumped it off. So I only started watching fluidly at episode 3. If they negotiated it into his movie contract, it would make sense to have Jackson make one more appearance before seasons end. Because...

Spoilers:

Kirath
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kirath » 04/07/14

That spoiler *could* explain Fury's extended unavailability for the last several episodes even with Coulson looking for him.

Lyah
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Lyah » 04/08/14

Kirath That spoiler *could* explain Fury's extended unavailability for the last several episodes even with Coulson looking for him.
Yes, I don't think anything is that message up. Also, you need to keep in mind that while the TV series takes 26 weeks to unfold, the events of that series cover maybe 8 weeks of realtime.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/08/14

https://furiousfanboys.com/2014/04/nick ... on-finale/
Following a funny cameo earlier in the season, and after the events in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, many were wondering if we would be seeing Nick Fury show up in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. again. After all, the events of The Winter Soldier leaves many questions for S.H.I.E.L.D. and the TV series based around it.

Speaking to Vulture, Samuel L. Jackson confirmed he filmed the season finale of the show but wouldn’t say what happens:
“I did! Last week! I just shot the end-of-the-season show.” He wouldn’t reveal any details, however. “You’re trying to get me fired and killed! I don’t talk about Marvel’s business. None of us do.”
Based on what has happened in the storyline, this visit may not be as comical as the first.
That answers some of my concerns. I look forward to seeing how this is handled.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 04/08/14

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Gawd damn... how many twists can they fit in one episode?

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 04/09/14

Okay, now that I've had some time to think about the episode... it was still a great episode, but not without flaws.

Spoiler tag for those who haven't seen it yet. But, at this point, do we really need to worry about that anymore?

Spoilers:

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/09/14

Tregarde FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
Watching now. My sentiments exactly. What a mess.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/09/14

We now know that End of the Beginning (Episode 13)and Captain America 2 were happening simultaneously. Therefore, anyone watching AoS needs to seriously get themselves to the movie theater soon. Don't wait for dvd. Just sayin'.
Tregarde Okay, now that I've had some time to think about the episode... it was still a great episode, but not without flaws.

Spoiler tag for those who haven't seen it yet. But, at this point, do we really need to worry about that anymore?

Spoilers:

And yes. We do need the spoiler tag. For those reading the thread who don't post and are considering joining us in viewing the show.

Spoilers:

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 04/09/14

About point 4 & 5...

Spoilers:

TashMonster
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TashMonster » 04/10/14

Tregarde FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

THIS! Holy hell in a handbasket!

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/13/14

Tregarde About point 4 & 5...

Spoilers:

Upon another viewing, I recant my first interpretation.

Spoilers:

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 04/29/14

Gawd dayum... these past couple episodes...

This show is getting really good! A part here and there could use better writing (like, why wasn't the Bus taken by authorities the moment it landed?), but the plot is keeping us waiting each week, and the actors are really showing they can act now.

And the big reveal at the post credits bit... Woah, was not expecting that!

My prediction:

Spoilers:

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 04/30/14

Tregarde And the big reveal at the post credits bit... Woah, was not expecting that!
I should be waiting for something post end credits of Nothing Personal?

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 05/11/14

Agents of SHIELD has been given a second season. Weee!

Also joining the ranks of the Marvel cinema universe, Agent Carder has been greenlit. Hopefully, not only will we see the formation of SHIELD, but also how Hydra infiltrated and manipulated the organization.
https://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/5/10/22 ... ent_carter
With the announcement last night that "Marvel's Agent Carter" will be making its way to ABC, we knew you'd be hungry for more details on the coming series--and luckily we've got them for you, with the official synopsis for the new series right here on Marvel.com!

"Marvel's Agent Carter," starring Captain America's Hayley Atwell follows the story of Peggy Carter. It's 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life--Steve Rogers. Inspired by the feature films "Captain America: The First Avenger" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," along with the short "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter."

Starring Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, "Marvel's Agent Carter" is executive produced by Christopher Markus, Steve McFeely, Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Kevin Feige, Louis D'Esposito, Jeph Loeb.

Stay tuned to Marvel.com for the latest on "Marvel's Agent Carter" in the coming days and weeks, True Believers!

Lyah
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Lyah » 05/14/14

The last episode. God dayum!

Kirath
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kirath » 05/14/14

Dude, seriously!