Justice League (November 2017)

All manner of fun stuff!
Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Justice League (November 2017)

Post by Psia » 03/26/17

phpBB [media]
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: Justice League (November 2017)

Post by Tregarde » 03/27/17

What I got out of the trailer:
1) Aquaman is going to steal every scene he's in.
2) The rest is going to be typical WB/DC/Zack Snyder
3) They still love the grimdark filter way too much.
4) Cyborg looks like something spat out of a Transformers movie
5) Terrible use of a rocked-up cover of Aerosith's cover of The Beatles' "Come Together"

I want to be hopeful about Justice League, I really do. But nothing about this trailer made me think it'll be any better than the recent WB/DC movies.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 05/11/17

This does not raise my hopes any...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/supermans-mom-ha ... 1795127854
Superman's Mom Hates to Be Honest, But Justice League Is Worse Than Avengers

Looks like Superman’s mom doesn’t think he’s the most special boy in all the world, or at least shes’s not that impressed with his superpowered friends. When asked whether the Justice League movie will blow Marvel’s The Avengers out of the water, Diana Lane simply said: “No.”

In an appearance on Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen Live, Lane was asked by a viewer whether she could spoil any secrets about the upcoming superhero crossover, as well as whether Justice League will be better than The Avengers, which continues in 2018 with Infinity War.

“No and no,” Lane replied. “Short but honest. I hate to disappoint.”

Lane, who plays Superman’s mom Martha Kent, joins a growing list of Man of Steel actors who’ve poured salt on the wound that is the DCEU— barring Wonder Woman, which we hope is the shining light in a sea of meh. Laurence Fishburne (who played Perry White in Man of Steel) previously admitted that Marvel is kicking DC’s ass, and Amy Adams (Lois Lane) seemingly brushed off the fact that she was in the upcoming film last year.

Justice League comes out November 17. Ma Kent will presumably check it out once it comes to Netflix or something.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 05/11/17

While I like Diane Lane's work, she is just one actor with one opinion. Despite Superman's pending resurrection, let's be honest, Martha Kent may get a moment to gasp from her front porch at the revelation. But that's about it. Superman isn't the center piece for Justice League. I can't imagine much room for the development for Martha Kent. So sure, it's a Meh film for Lane.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 07/22/17

phpBB [media]

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 10/08/17

Zach Snyder had to drop out as director when his child passed away, and Joss Whedon stepped in to take the reigns. Today is the first trailer since Whedon took over.

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 10/11/17

I'm definitely IN.

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 11/15/17

Justice League is getting "okay" reviews - better than BvS, not near as good as WW... but THIS is pure BS:

Rotten Tomatoes is Delaying Justice League Rating
https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/14/1664 ... ague-score

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 11/16/17

I'm ready. Is everyone else ready? :)