The Orville (Star Trek Homage)

All manner of fun stuff!
Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: The Orville (Star Trek Homage)

Post by Slipps » 11/15/17

Fall 2018?? That is how viewers are lost, by making them wait a year. So glad that it got renewed though.

I really like this show, I find it engaging, and funny. This past episode was as much irreverent fluff as the one with Claire and the kids was drama. I like that nimbleness in a show. It also makes the actors stretch to show different skills.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 11/15/17

Slipps wrote:
11/15/17
Fall 2018?? That is how viewers are lost, by making them wait a year. So glad that it got renewed though.
Oh, I don't know. It works just fine for networks like HBO. Game of Thrones doesn't seem to lose any viewers by making people wait a year for the next season.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 12/12/17

/longsigh

Season one has come to a close. Part of me is gonna be so bored now. The whole season was some great science fiction. And the character development was really well done.

In the meantime, I still have The Orville Facebook group. Who come up with humorous things every so often. Like this take on The Twelve Days of Christmas.
Twelve Episodes of Orville

On the First day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, A dead banana in a Red Wood Tree.

On the Second day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, 2 Cannibis edibles, and a dead banana in a red wood tree.

On the Third day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, 3 Fresh Eggs, 2 Cannibis edibles, and a dead banana in a red wood tree.

On the fourth day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, 4 Dorahl worshippers, 3 Fresh Eggs, 2 Cannibis edibles, and a dead banana in a red wood tree.

On the fifth day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, 5 Junior Mints . . 4 Dorahl worshippers, 3 Fresh Eggs, 2 Cannibis edibles, and a dead banana in a red wood tree.

On the Sixth day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, 6 Avis Coverages, 5 Junior Mints . . 4 Dorahl worshippers, 3 Fresh Eggs, 2 Cannibis edibles, and a dead banana in a red wood tree.

On the Seventh day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, 7 Up Votes, 6 Avis Coverages, 5 Junior Mints . . 4 Dorahl worshippers, 3 Fresh Eggs, 2 Cannibis edibles, and a dead banana in a red wood tree.

On the Eighth day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, 8 shots of Paloxus 7 Up Votes, 6 Avis Coverages, 5 Junior Mints . . 4 Dorahl worshippers, 3 Fresh Eggs, 2 Cannibis edibles, and a dead banana in a red wood tree.

On the Nineth day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, 9 Soul Mates, 8 shots of Paloxus 7 Up Votes, 6 Avis Coverages, 5 Junior Mints . . 4 Dorahl worshippers, 3 Fresh Eggs, 2 Cannibis edibles, and a dead banana in a red wood tree.

On the Tenth day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, 10 fear factors, 9 Soul Mates, 8 shots of Paloxus 7 Up Votes, 6 Avis Coverages, 5 Junior Mints . . 4 Dorahl worshippers, 3 Fresh Eggs, 2 Cannibis edibles, and a dead banana in a red wood tree. ‘’

On the Eleventh day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, 11 Horbalak smugglers, 10 fear factors, 9 Soul Mates, 8 shots of Paloxus 7 Up Votes, 6 Avis Coverages, 5 Junior Mints . . 4 Dorahl worshippers, 3 Fresh Eggs, 2 Cannibis edibles, and a dead banana in a red wood tree.

On the Twelth day of Orville, my shipmates gave to me, 12 Statues of Kelly, 11 Horbalak smugglers, 10 fear factors, 9 Soul Mates, 8 shots of Paloxus 7 Up Votes, 6 Avis Coverages, 5 Junior Mints . . 4 Dorahl worshippers, 3 Fresh Eggs, 2 Cannibis edibles, AND DEAD BANANA IN A REDWOOD TREE!!!

Happy Orville!
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 01/10/18

"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Scrattch
Resident
Resident

Post by Scrattch » 01/11/18

Thank god.

But I will lay real money on the bet that Family Guy/American Dad/Simpsons merch makes Easter Egg appearances at *some* point.

This is FOX, after all.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 02/16/18

phpBB [media]

Vance Owens is reputed for completing the Minard Saga of Star Trek fan films. He decided it was time to move on from Trek to a new setting that he enjoyed.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 05/14/18

There are torches and pitchforks being wielded against Fox television today. Fox announced its fall 2018 schedule. The Orville isn't on it anymore. It's been pushed into 2019.

Now please pardon me while I light my own torch. 😐

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 05/15/18

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 07/22/18

SSSSQQQQQUUUUEEEEEEEE!!!!!

phpBB [media]

Tregarde
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Tregarde » 10/29/18

phpBB [media]

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 12/16/18

SOON...

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 12/29/18

Three. More. Days.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 12/31/18

Without New Orville.jpg
Without New Orville.jpg (25.31 KiB) Viewed 70 times

Calris
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Calris » 01/12/19

So in spite of my trepidation given Seth's usual humor type, I finally gave the show a chance when I happened across it on Hulu.

Holy hell, this is a better Star Trek than any of the recent Star Trek entries. The goofiness is there, but it's not abrasive like it is in his other shows. And the show tackles some pretty damn heavy topics, too. It comes off feeling more grounded than Star Trek because the characters are so flawed.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 01/13/19

Welcome aboard, Calris! :)