Been a year since we last talked about this game. Registration for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse is now open.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse (also referred to as Alpha-1 phase 1 and APOC) will focus on the action side of combat.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse is a matchmaking-based arena style testing phase with three primary game modes.
- Battle royale (battlegrounds).
- Castle sieges.
- City defense horde mode.
- 6.25 km2 map size.
- Possibly a revised Weapon use ability system.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing modes will be implemented side-by-side with Ashes of Creation.
- Use the Character creator to create and save characters for use in the full game.
- Establish Player housing and save Furniture arrangements for use in the full game.
- Alpha-1 testers will test each arena mode for a month before that mode is granted to all registered users.
- This mode will continue during development and post launch.
Apocalypse will be a free-to-play mode, so you won't even have to be a backer necessarily to play in it. – Steven Sharif
In Apocalypse, you land in a world on the brink of destruction. The only way out is to be the last one standing. It is an arena based game which will support a number of different game modes, including battle royale-style gameplay, castle sieges, and gigantic monster hordes! Not only is Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse an exciting standalone experience, but we're also using it to help test new tech and features for Ashes of Creation - the more you play, the closer we'll get to the final launch of our MMO. Not only that, but any rewards you earn in Apocalypse will carry over to the MMO as well! Our high fantasy setting, the vast array of gear and spells, and our massively destructible environments make for an experience unlike anything you’ve played. Hop in, stay alive, and win the glory.
By the sound of, your Apocalypse
character is testing the feature. Which might also hint at backstory/lore for what the game world when the full game officially launches later in 2019. I'm not entirely clear on how the character created would carry into the core game later on. Unless we just hand wave that the character was there all that time ago. And is now in the modern setting? At least player housing can be dabbled in.
Next post will be current information regarding roleplay support.