Slings and Arrows

Chat about anything and everything
Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: Slings and Arrows

Post by Psia » 07/17/16

Lythil wrote:Feeling sad.

Dearest Scrappers(Gahan), Eric Farmer.... today was your Birthday and you are so missed. I keep recalling our role play with Gahan and Bubbles and it made me laugh.
I was just noting this to myself. RIP.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Shank
Dream Warden
Dream Warden

Post by Shank » 07/19/16

Meeting Shank in Real Life:

Shank: Do you like what you see?

Anyone: No. If ugliness were bricks, you would be the Great Wall Of China. Like... police sketch artists are afraid to draw you. People will put your picture in their car window as an anti-theft device. I've seen people like you before - but I had to pay admission. You look like an avocado had sex with an older, more disgusting avocado. Not gently. Like it was hate-fucking. There was something wrong with the relationship and that was the only catharsis that they could find without violence. You look like Freddy Krueger face-fucked a topographical map of Utah. Wear a very thick mask. All the time. I am sorry... you are haunting. Your face is the stuff of nightmares. Like a testicle with teeth. You will die alone. I mean, if you could die. Ideally, for others' sake. You look a failed abortion whose birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory. It looks like your face caught on fire and someone tried to put it out with a fork. Hello Kitty.... said goodbye to you.

Avith
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Avith » 07/20/16

Shank wrote:Meeting Shank in Real Life:

Shank: Do you like what you see?

Anyone: No. If ugliness were bricks, you would be the Great Wall Of China. Like... police sketch artists are afraid to draw you. People will put your picture in their car window as an anti-theft device. I've seen people like you before - but I had to pay admission. You look like an avocado had sex with an older, more disgusting avocado. Not gently. Like it was hate-fucking. There was something wrong with the relationship and that was the only catharsis that they could find without violence. You look like Freddy Krueger face-fucked a topographical map of Utah. Wear a very thick mask. All the time. I am sorry... you are haunting. Your face is the stuff of nightmares. Like a testicle with teeth. You will die alone. I mean, if you could die. Ideally, for others' sake. You look a failed abortion whose birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory. It looks like your face caught on fire and someone tried to put it out with a fork. Hello Kitty.... said goodbye to you.
Shank, dude, you tell me who made you feel this way and I will come out there and make them regret it. Seriously.

It's a shame that in this country when men like Johnny Depp and Rob Lowe with their pretty, delicate features are generally accepted as the definition of good looking. I HAVE met you in real life and you are wonderfully tall and solid and are lucky enough to have strong European features that are very attractive. I LIKE looking at your face, I and many others find you very good looking. You are what a man is supposed to look like, a real man and not a delicate little boy like Johnny Depp imitators.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 07/20/16

Shank, that is so not true!

*cuddles*

Cassidhe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Cassidhe » 07/20/16

I don't believe that for a minute, Shank. You are NOT UGLY. NO NO NO.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 07/22/16

Stepdaughter has been gearing up for her first period for for over a year. For the last month, it's shown all the signs of wanting to start and then doesn't. I'm really wishing that first period would just start and get it over with because today? Today, she's a real bitch with an attitude.

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 07/23/16

Now, Lily, you know that a period does not start until the absolute worst time.

Avith
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Avith » 07/23/16

I dated this guy for six months and broke up with him recently because I realized he was seriously self centered and did not see or hear me. Days after, he joined this online religious cult-like group and posted this on Facebook:

There were a string of responses that all said "Amen" or "Amen Brother".

Some here know my religious beliefs .... but damn! WTF is wrong with me?? I let this man touch me, I feel disgusting and gross now.

Cyla
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Cyla » 07/23/16

You dodged a bullet there. A hostile, misguided, passive-aggressive bullet.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 07/23/16

Yikes. Yeah, I'm with Cyla. Unfriend, block, burn the computer and salt the earth. Obviously the stuff that made you dump him was just the tip of an agressive iceburg.

Rahfel
Resident
Resident

Post by Rahfel » 07/23/16

Ewww, not one of those! *hugs Avith*
That's pretty nopetastic. And you dodged a landslide. <3 More power for yous!

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 07/24/16

Stepson has been playing a first-person shooter. Every time he plays, I hear, "Stop that. Stop it! I'm gonna kick you if you don't stop! Stop killing me! I'm kicking you!" I'm thinking that this is a PvP first-person shooter. The goal IS to kill each other. Well, he got angry, hit the sofa and turned off the game, coming over to talk to me afterwards.

Him: I got kicked from the game.
Me: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you remember how you feel right now the next time you threaten to kick someone else.
Him: Yeah, they kicked me because I'm too good at the game. They were jealous.
Me: *tries really REALLY hard not to facepalm in front of him*
Me: Somehow, I don't think that's why you were kicked.

Just when I think I've made progress with him...

Rahfel
Resident
Resident

Post by Rahfel » 08/07/16

Very crestfallen about RP lately. I just...wow.
I'm very tired of being told how cute my sensitive/innocent character is by people--and when it comes to legit RP interaction with these same people, they talk behind my back saying that my character is too sensitive and blah blah blah.
I'm sorry, but since when does ANY developed, dynamic character stick to one emotion? Sorry, he can't be happy all the time--especially with people being two-faced and wishy-washy back and forth between 'Aww how cute' to 'waah he's too sensitive' or ' why is he always sad??" (I feel again, as though this mostly because I refuse to cave and ERP with people arbitrarily.) No, I will not break character without a daaaang good reason, ESPECIALLY not to satisfy some asshole's sudden ERP whims. This is outright ridiculous, and has been eating me from day 1 and beyond. If that's how things are supposed to go? Maybe I've been raised wrong, believing in plot and detail too articulate for people's tastes, as well as in a flowing/dynamic story. This is an activity BASED primarily off of multi-faceted creative writing and description. I fail to see how others don't get it, even though it is true every single blessed gameset I've RP'd in has so much more going on than just idle arbitrary sex. At least have the decency to humor me and tell me you don't do any other RP besides when you add an 'E' in front of that. That's fine!!! JUST. TELL. ME. I speak fairly adequate English and I can in fact, COMMUNICATE AND UNDERSTAND. This wouldn't be so upsetting to me if people could just state their preferences before stringing me along, acting like they're going to have some immersive fun plot or me to participate in. On an ic note, yes. Just keep bruising him and stepping his flowers! You're singing yourself up for an extremely bad time!!!
Don't use me, don't waste my time. As one of the Freeport bankers says:
"No beggars and no solicitors. If you don't have business to conduct, then stand aside."

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 08/07/16

I hate packing.

I am simultaneously really excited to see people I haven't seen in years but I also have to deal with a bad confrontation during my trip and it's making me very anxious.

On top of the "I haven't seen some of these people in 10 years reunion anxiety." I don't fly out for 3 days but I'm packing now because I'm driving down to the other house to be closer to the airport and the anxiety is RAGING.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/08/16

This summer, you guys sent home a bunch of paperwork for each kid. I must have had 50 different sheets of paper to fill out and send back. It takes an act of Congress to enroll your kids in school. You have to prove you're a resident of that area and then fill out all the contact information for both parents and then all the contact information for no less than FOUR emergency contacts... because two parents are not enough. Teachers need OPTIONS when calling about Timmy's bad grade and requesting a conference.

And the kicker is that it never changes! It's been the same information since 2013. Nothing has changed. I still teach at the same school. I still have four kids. Hubby is still self-employed as a magician. I still have the same four "emergency" contacts even! NOTHING CHANGED!

Whatever.

I filled out that information knowing that at Christmas, you're going to send it home again for me to refill AGAIN. At least I'm only doing this for three kids now because the 4th one is in college this year.

The first day of school comes for two of them. (The youngest goes to school where I work, and she doesn't start yet.) Stepson hands me a stack of paperwork from all of his teachers. It's basically the beginning of the year syllabus and rules and class supplies needed. In the mountain of growing school paperwork (that isn't even counting my lesson plans) is a skinny slip of paper from his social studies teacher. There's nothing to sign or anything. He just wants me to put down my contact information and then my husband's contact information.

I flipped my lid. I completely lost my shit. I'm a teacher. I try to be patient and understanding, but there are limits to the amount of laziness and stupidity that I will put up with. This has crossed my limit. Evidently, this teacher is so lazy, he can't be bothered to pull my stepson's information up on the computer. I wrote, "It's in the system!!!"

I won't even get into the amount of paper wasted every year by something that could easily be updated online through ParentVUE. Why don't you give parents the option to do that? Just let us update online if we want to? Those who still want paper can go kill off the Amazon, and the rest of us can just update online when needed.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/19/16

Dear AT&T,

Unless your computer can read the future, in which case I want to discuss Super Bowl picks with it, it cannot determine two days ahead of time whether or not I will make my last payment scheduled for two days later.

Thank you.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 08/24/16

Sling and Arrows at my Boss. For going on vacation last week without a thorough plan for our work schedule while she was away.

I typically work at the ass-crack of dawn on Thursdays. Or into mid-afternoon at the latest. Due to a weekly shipping delivery. Which I help to unload and organize for later stocking. This week, I was excited for Festival of Unity. I want to be available for opening ceremonies. Now that plan was shot down. Boss never scheduled a mid-day manager. Plus the delivery was pushed to mid-afternoon. I just got screwed. Twice.

By the time I get home most of opening day events will be over and I'll be too tired to care.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 08/25/16

*hugs*

Lythil
Patron
Patron

Post by Lythil » 08/29/16

Really could use some positive energy sent my way today. Getting beat down over and over each step so far. Car Accident... I am fine, sorta. Just battered a bit......... insurance, doctors.. insurance..... Life was going too good for me it seems and I needed a harsh smack. down.

just so tired..

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 08/31/16

*hugs*

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 09/05/16

Friday, my stepson was watching something on his father's computer and was lounging with his arms and head on my pillows. He was also sick with a cough and congestion. I told him to get off my pillows, and he got upset and insisted he hadn't coughed on them. I told him he doesn't need to cough on them. He's breathing on them, and I lay my head on those pillows when I sleep. (Yesterday, it was my chair he was lounging around in... WHILE HE WAS SICK!)

I have a compromised immune system. I cannot fight off contagions and illnesses the way the rest of my family does. Not only am I more prone to getting sick, it hits me so much harder than it does them. His cough is my full-blown flu/pneumonia/you name it. It also takes me longer to fight the illness and longer to recover afterwards. I have said this to them repeatedly, and it's like they don't fucking listen! They don't even seem to care! They breathe in my face, insist on giving me hugs with their faces directly in front of mine, lay on my pillows in my room, and hang out around me... even after I remind them that I cannot afford to get sick!

Guess what? I'm fucking sick now! It takes 2 to 3 days for an illness to incubate. It's 3 days later. His germs have finished incubating, and I feel like total shit. I also can't fucking breathe, and I'm supposed to be going in for a sleep study this week! I have to fucking postpone the sleep study because not being able to breathe BEFORE I go to sleep will throw it off. I have to fucking cancel my blood work scheduled for Wednesday because they can't get an accurate reading on my white blood cell count while I'm sick. I have to fucking cancel my follow up appointment on Thursday because I won't have the lab work or the sleep study done by then. I'll have to pay a cancellation fee on one of those appointments because they won't open until tomorrow, and it won't have been 24 hours notice when I call.

AND I'm probably going to miss some days at work, which I can't afford to do either! I may be a teacher, but I work for Title 1. I don't get a monthly salary. I get paid by the hour! Every day I miss is another 6 hours of pay that I won't be getting.

How many times do I have to say it before it sinks into everyone's thick skulls?!

DON'T FUCKING COME NEAR ME OR MY BEDDING IF YOU'RE SICK!!!!!!!!! I love you, but if you want a hug, let me go get a face mask and some hand sanitizer first.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 09/10/16

I think learning French is melting my brain...

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 09/13/16

My dog Rabbit has a corneal ulcer/tear from running into something. (Flat faced dogs are more prone to this, because they don't have a nose to bump into stuff first) and we saw the vet, got drops and were told it would heal in two weeks but that it would look worse before it got better. It looks a lot worse and we have upped the meds and are going back to the Vet today to get another serum put in that can't be given at home.

I can handle gore, usually, I can handle a lot of things. But I can barely even handle this because it looks -that- bad and he is SO SAD. It is supposed to be able to heal fully but I can't imagine that and his vision was already iffy but currently he can only see out of one eye and is just.. the saddest thing.

And part of me is hoping it either gets better really quick or we opt to make him a cyclops because I know that will heal better, and with less pain and horridness. (I won't describe what it looks like currently, because it truly is that gruesome and it would set some people off) but him losing an eye through surgery would look better than this does.

Agh.

Lillya
Resident
Resident

Post by Lillya » 09/13/16

My boycat, who is almost 18 years of age, likes to get on my nightstand and knock things onto me in the middle of the night. Because of this I have a sealable water bottle. So when it inevitably, nightly, gets knocked onto me, I will not end up soaked.

Last night my husband had to take allergy meds in the middle of then night and did not close the bottle all the way. See where this is going? I woke up when the ice cold water went cascading over my body at 330 AM. Like I joked to him, I wanted to wash the sheets today, I just didn't intend to wash them while I was sleeping in them.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 09/13/16

Lillya wrote:My boycat, who is almost 18 years of age, likes to get on my nightstand and knock things onto me in the middle of the night. Because of this I have a sealable water bottle. So when it inevitably, nightly, gets knocked onto me, I will not end up soaked.

Last night my husband had to take allergy meds in the middle of then night and did not close the bottle all the way. See where this is going? I woke up when the ice cold water went cascading over my body at 330 AM. Like I joked to him, I wanted to wash the sheets today, I just didn't intend to wash them while I was sleeping in them.
Just be glad you don't sleep walk and take glasses of OJ to bed.. my mom does and once in awhile I am awoken by her shrieking from another room because she got a glass, and fell back into regular sleep while sitting in bed and spilled it all over herself.