Slings and Arrows

Chat about anything and everything
Rovine
Patron
Patron

Re: Slings and Arrows

Post by Rovine » 09/30/16

That feeling when you really want to play EQ2 at work but you don't have remote desktop setup and your company's firewall probably blocked the port...

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 10/04/16

I am almost 52, where the hell is my menopause already?

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 10/07/16

Slipps wrote:I am almost 52, where the hell is my menopause already?
Mine hit a few years ago, and I'm in my 40s. Things I've learned so far...

1 - Night sweats suck.
2 - Hot flashes suck even worse.
3 - I'd like my sex drive back, please.
4 - Perimenopause changes its mind more than I do. In fact, I went 3 years without a period, and my gynecologist officially declared me post-menopausal. Then lo and behold, I get a period! It also sucked.

My conclusion? Menopause sucks.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 10/08/16

I dreamt I was shopping in a store with halloween items with my dad last night.

I pretty much dream about talking to him nightly and it's no less gut wrenching every time.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 10/27/16

Very, very badly attacked by a feral cat and my skype hacked in the same 4 hour middle of the night period. WTF I DID NOT EVEN LEAVE HOME THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

( am headed to the doctor, probably the ER in a little while for antibiotics and to file a report because it is that bad. One does not simply have blood dripping down their legs from puncture wounds and not get antibiotics just in case.

Rahfel
Resident
Resident

Post by Rahfel » 11/07/16

college is stressing me tf out and there's suddenly a giant blister on the inside of my lip.
God for fricking bid I drink one small can of soda without suffering these blisters. I am hypoglycemic and this is how things MUST be.
Plus our dryer randomly stopped working right as I needed to do laundry. Ofc more laundry piles because THERE ISN'T A DANG DRYER OR ROOM TO HAND THE CLOTHES UP AAAAAAAAA
Can i enjoy my life pls. Pls. For 5 like minute.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 11/14/16

They all leave me, all of them, one way or another.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 12/02/16

Employer Rant.

Here I was this morning. Sleeping in and letting my phone charge. I awaken to get ready for mid-day working shift. My mobile phone lights up with text after text from my boss. Which began around 6am this morning. I was also bitched at for not being available by my mobile at the ass crack of dawn. The boss who is required by the company to be scheduled to close her own store once-per-week. Who really screwed up by arriving for work at 3:30am instead of her later 2pm closing shift. It's her preferred schedule, you see? She loves to get in for hours which have no commitment to customer service. This bug out as early as possible.

My shift has now been bumped to closing. This behavior isn't a new trend by any means. And I'm rather tired of the abuse toward myself and the other Keyholders. When I objected - and I did object - I was told this is retail. As in, get over it.

Well. Merry F-ing Christmas to you, too. I'm seriously considering going over her head to the District Manager.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 12/02/16

Do it. She's abusing her power to avoid what she's supposed to do. If you don't report her, how will her boss know?

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 12/02/16

Because my adviser and the registrar disagree on what counts as a "World History class" as opposed to a mere "History elective" I have to take double the number of classes to graduate, 6 instead of 3. I can't handle another semester like this again, so I am going to be graduating in December 2017 instead of April 2017.

Tyta Meader
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Tyta Meader » 12/03/16

To this day! *hisses* I am going on almost a full week now without caffeine (No longer allowed soda, coffee, or tea.) To the tasty things I can't eat (Heavy grease, citrus, spice). To the fact that soon due to health I am going to have to quit smoking (( that's right! NO MORE NICOTENE OR CAFFEINE......you have been warned)). To the fact that I am trying to juggle a social life, a romance, adult things, and work all at the same time right at the beginning of the holiday season. To the car that is now smoking and has deemed that it is going to break me before I can manage to save up enough to get a newer car. To the witch at my work that is pissed off because I requested days off to see my boyfriend and seems to think that if she doesn't have a life then I shouldn't have one either. Wanted my ONE day off this week, and was pissed when I said no I have plans. I haven't even begun to Christmas shop for people ><. So to all that.....*gives it the middle finger* Ima go play in my cushion fort and color.......

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 12/06/16

Fuck you, Chrysler. We were -THIS- close to seeing my family this Christmas, and then your van had to go and break down on us.

I'm just heartbroken right now. I wanted to see my family so badly. It was going to happen. We were all set to go, and now this.

Scrattch
Resident
Resident

Post by Scrattch » 12/07/16

As an update to the above...

The van is fixed. We will go. This will happen.

Cassidhe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Cassidhe » 12/08/16

I am a walking hot flash. I've woken up twice in the last two nights having drenched my pillow with sweat.

So how is that one trip to grab caffeine today has left me so cold that I can't seem to get warm?? Where are those damned hot flashes now?

Oh, I am well post menopausal. No clue what hormone is borking up my system.

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 12/09/16

Have your thyroid, iron, vitamin D levels checked.

Ereon
Regular
Regular

Post by Ereon » 12/11/16

Are you taking cancer drugs? Some of them can bring back menopausal symptoms. My mother just went through this.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 12/12/16

Half a sling and a kudos to the universe..

I forgot I had jury duty today at 8:30am.. I remembered by chance at about 1pm that I did.. I called and was fretting, because if you don't show up for summons you can be fined..

Thankfully the case had been settled. LOTS of relief. But complete paralyzing fear as I navigated the phone tree to find out if I was screwed or not. The universe was looking out for me. I'm still all panicky and upset.

But a slings to the fact that I keep getting repeatedly summoned by the county and plenty of people I know who never get summoned. Whereas I am getting summoned, and summoned, and summoned..but the cases keep getting settled.

It's just annoying because at this point my employer barely believes me when I say "I may have to miss a ton of work if I get summoned" Only for me to tell them I didn't get summoned. So I have to send them a photo of the damn summons every time now.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 12/19/16

My knitting machine doesn't work. *pouts* No easy socks for me!

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 12/19/16

Gift receipt? Any receipt to do an exchange for one that does work?
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 12/19/16

One that will work on socks will start around 300 dollars, which is just out of my price range. So I am returning it for Amazon credit and renewing Prime early.

Rahfel
Resident
Resident

Post by Rahfel » 12/24/16

the fam is arguing incessantly and it's critmus eve. CRITMUS FRICKING EVE. I can't buy them coal because that's too expensive, and I've already wrapped their presents and put it under our tree (which we FINALLY got around to placing in our house on the 17th of december lmao.)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my carpal tunnel is really making me miserable. IN the wise words of my amazed doctors, I'm supposed to be "too young for this", but guess that's what I get for devotion to the arts. :L
Hopefully my arms and hans and whatnot will hold out until tomorrow evening. I'd really like a fighting chance against this brand-new wrapping paper. Anywho, I hope y'all have a good, safe and fun holiday! ;v ;

Calris
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Calris » 01/15/17

So, yeah... Fuck cancer.

Wife's latest mammogram had the doctor concerned, so she went in for a biopsy. Came back positive. It's only a small lesion and not aggressive, so the outlook is very good, but it's still going to be a rough and stressful process. Genetic test showed risk factors, so she's going for the full double mastectomy and having ovaries removed because she's at risk for ovarian cancer as well. little over 2 months later we have our surgery date for the mastectomy, Feb 2. Ovaries will be after she recovers from that. We can't afford for me to take unpaid time off work, but I have vacation time. I can take a week at each surgery.

I know it's not the most important thing, but sitting in the back of the mind is the question: How much is my insurance NOT going to cover? Because, you know, I don't have enough debts going on. But, as long as the wife's boobs aren't going to be trying to kill her anymore, it's worth it.

We'd hoped to have my mom into her own place before the surgery ( That's a whole other rant.Fuck my sisters. ), but that's not to be, so there's another source of major stress during the wife's recovery. I'm remembering why I couldn't wait to get the fuck out of my home when I graduated high school.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 01/17/17

I'll join that rant. FUCK CANCER.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 06/13/17

Slings to my selfish and inconsiderate roommate. Housemate drama incoming.

I come home from a long day of work. With a small grocery bag in hand. I step into the kitchen to sit my bag down on the one counter top to the right of the stove. For over eight years, I have had primary use of this single cabinet space sandwiched between stove and refrigerator. With a shared toaster oven set back on the counter below. This cabinet is spaced best for canned goods, spice bottles. All my stuff fits here that aren't dishes or larger kitchen ware.

Now to the left of the stove are two cabinets. Left-most is a similar cabinet with regards to shelf space. Which is used by my third roommate. In the middle is one more cabinet which is divided evenly into two larger storage spaces. Where I have always stored the veggie chopper and my rice cooker. Along with my smaller, plastic colanders and smaller food storage containers. The topmost shelf filled with randomness that is too high for most of us. What might be there isn't claimed. I consider it landlord domain.

Imagine my disdain to not being able to sit my bag down on the counter. Due to my veggie chopper and rice steamer sitting there instead. I also note that the steamer is dirty. I never stored this item dirty. Ever.

The domino effect begins.

I sit my bag on the floor and open the cabinet where these items are normally to be stored. Third roommate has rearranged his dishes and other items into this shelf. As well the vaguely used one up top. These item used to be across the kitchen. Where all of us have our own shelf for dishes. Above the dishwashing machine. Shelves far too tight for my larger kitchen items to possibly be stored.

I say, loud enough to be heard throughout the house, "Would someone mind telling me who took it upon themselves to rearrange and leave no space for my kitchen items?"

Crickets.

I proceeded to remove the dishes and place them directly below on the counter top. Where my large, wooden cutting board was currently found. Where it is often found after being used by third roommate. Which I don't mind if it is cleaned and stored within a day (even two) of having been used. I move it. Left the dishes. Replace my items in the shelf of origin. Then went about putting away my groceries.

Third roommate was sitting casually on his bed with the door wide open. Who likely heard my previous inquiry but chose to not respond. As I pass he addresses me in a light, matter of fact tone, "Oh, Hi." As he breezes past me into the living room, I say:

"About the kitchen cabinet. Please don't assume you can rearrange my stuff like that."

"Well," he replies with flared nostrils and recently dyed red hair, "I'm just tired of not having enough cabinet space in this house."

I'm thinking that may well be. But this matter has nothing to do with me and was the first time I had heard the issue. Also, He is not natural redhead. However, I am. And I have the temper to match it when pressed. Though I rarely permit situations of explosive decompression on any one person.

My reply, with single finger pointed up as emphasis, "Then you ask. You ask for permission to move my things. Don't ever do it on your own. I've restored my shelf and I expect it stay that way. Please don't repeat this without speaking with me first."

He says nothing and stomps away into the kitchen.

Bear in mind that this is the same roommate who has stonewalled previous attempts at any house meetings suggested. And who claims to never use the stove. Therefore rarely - very rarely - contributes to the rotation of stove and countertop cleaning duties. Whose pot of freshly cooked spaghetti sat alone upon said stovetop during the moment of this exchange. So, yes. He most assuredly uses the kitchen stove at his convenience.

From my closed bedroom, I hear this roommate having a temper tantrum in the kitchen. I hear the front door open and close a few times. Followed the sound of crashing items into the trashcan. Which awaits being parked out on the curb for tomorrow's trash day pick-up.

What was tossed into the can during this tantrum? I don't yet know. All I know is it better not be anything belonging to me.

Kosovos
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Kosovos » 08/10/17

That moment when you couldn't log in for a year due to some SQl error and had to ask someone to do it for you.

*hugs that person* Thank you.