Keep Me in Your Thoughts ...

Chat about anything and everything
Duvessa
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Keep Me in Your Thoughts ...

Post by Duvessa » 01/03/12

This thread is here because sometimes Slings and Arrows is just not enough for the more serious matters in our lives. That thread is meant for more generic griping about the little things that annoy us.

Every one of us here deal with tragedies in our lives and families, serious illness and death of loved ones. If you feel the need to share your experiences with others to vent or seek support, this is the place.

Please keep in mind that some people have a sensitivity to a lot of negative news, especially on the medical front. Where they might find amusement in people's sour grapes, or agreement with some rage about life's little annoyances, they cannot, or do not, want to come to a gaming board and read about all manner of illnesses, losses, and other tragic events.

We want to have a thread where people can vent their issues, and seek their comforts, and where those issues are not lost in and amongst people's lesser gripes. We also want to make sure that people who can't handle seeing those tougher issues have a way of avoiding them. Please do your part by picking the right forum for the issue you want to speak out on.

Avith
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: Keep Me in Your Thoughts ...

Post by Avith » 01/03/12

My father and his 5 brothers and sisters were always very close, so all us cousins were raised not as cousins, but more like brothers and sisters.

My dear younger cousin Kevin and his partner were pregnant. The family was delighted. She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on December 28th, my own birthday. Her name was Joy.

Joy was born with her heart on the wrong side of her chest, and many other organs either disfigured or developed in the wrong area of her body. She cried and laughed and lived with the help of machines for a few days until they needed to make a decision.

On 12/31/11, the family gathered together briefly early in the morning to watch Joy be disconnected from the machines. She fidgeted for a short time before she died.

Little Joy lived and was loved for almost 4 days. Please keep her and her parents in your thoughts.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: Keep Me in Your Thoughts ...

Post by Slipps » 01/03/12

Last year I lost my father to an 'unspecified squalous tumor' in his belly that seemed to thrive despite chemo and rapidly became inoperable. The total time of his illness was less than three months. I still have days where I just stop and cry, but my wish is not for me. It is for my stepmother Terry.

They married in August 1979 after more than a year of courtship, blending two families into one and then expanding it with the birth of my youngest sister in 1982. There were ups and downs, misunderstandings, spats, but always they were there for each other never looking anywhere else. Me, she will tell that the grief she feels is still crushing, that it seems to be getting worse than better, to me she will let herself cry. Perhaps it is because I do not live there, and she does not need to keep up a facade with me, to pretend. All I can do is assure her that in time, the grief will not be as sharp, it will never go away, I cannot lie to her about that, but it will become handleable.

Please keep my mother in your thoughts.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: Keep Me in Your Thoughts

Post by Kiarryn » 01/04/12

My grandmother just signed a DNR tonight.

She's been in and out of the hospital, including the ICU, several times in the past year. She has diabetes, COPD, congestive heart failure and is in her 80s. She's been pretty much like a mother to me, since I was a kid. When my first boyfriend told me that girls couldn't skateboard and ride BMX bikes with the boys, so we'd have to split up, she flew me to Cleveland for a hangout weekend. That kind of stuff never stopped.

This morning, my sister called to tell me that she was back in the hospital, because the rehab center she was in (from her last hospital stay) wanted her checked out, due to trouble breathing. Things looked okay, just taking precautions. Tonight, my sister called me and said that she was having really bad COPD flair-ups, which were causing her trouble with the her congestive heart failure, which was then causing her more trouble with the COPD. Basically, her own body was beating itself up, and the meds that settled it all down last time weren't working this time. She should be talking to the cardiologist tomorrow, but I basically got the "hey, you might want to come down this weekend or next, at the latest" chat, from my sister.

I've known this was coming. I went down there last summer to see her, and figured that would be the last time I saw her. She seemed to recover pretty well. Now I'm going through the whole 'last time' feeling again.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: Slings and Arrows

Post by Kiarryn » 01/13/12

Massive slings to January 13th.

January 13th of 2005, my father passed away, of his own decision. The only thing I'm left with, is the fact that he tried to call me, before he did it, and the call didn't go through. I was out with my boyfriend at the time, picking up a FedEx package, when I got the odd feeling that I should call home, soon. I hadn't talked to my father since my Christmas visit, and we were super close. About 15 minutes later, my sister calls, to tell me that the Police had just shown up, saying they found my father's car and stuff, with an eye witness that saw him jump off the bridge (75ft into near frozen waters). They never found him.

January 13th of 1973, my boyfriend was born. He's the most unassuming, awesome, supportive human I've ever met.

Seriously, trying to be all cheerful and happy to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday, while still trying to find closure on the 7th anniversary of my father's assumed passing is like one giant mindfuck.

Layla
RM Management
RM Management

Post by Layla » 02/22/12

For a friend, Faydara, she hasn't played in a long time but she was a bright spot for me. With her cheerful ways, her bunnies, her pet elemental and ability to make people smile. I remember her helping in the Raven, she was just one of those people that was nice to everyone.

She was sick, went to go home and her friend's car got squished by a semi. Now she's in the ICU, but will be moved to a regular room soon. She seems to be doing well, but there may have been brain damage and memory issues. I'm hoping as she recovers she improves. Still its a sad scarey thing.

Cynnamin
Regular
Regular

Post by Cynnamin » 02/22/12

*hugs*

I remember her.

Tomias
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Tomias » 02/22/12

Ack! I remember her well. had some great Rp with her and always was glad when I would see her online. Please send her our well wishes!

Vith
Resident
Resident

Post by Vith » 02/23/12

Just found out my dad had a stroke this morning. Leaving soon to see him. Thoughts and prayers welcome.

Layla
RM Management
RM Management

Post by Layla » 02/23/12

*hugs Vith* lots of caring thoughts headed your way.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 02/23/12

Sending many good thoughts your way Vith, and hoping for the best for your family *hugs*

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 02/23/12

*hugs*

Luck & Wishes

Quannik
Resident
Resident

Keep Me in Your Thoughts

Post by Quannik » 02/26/12

Today is a day that is very upsetting me me...I lost my future bother in law today... And all I can think about is how I did not see him before he passed...I know many of you don't know me... but I just wanted to update on my banter post on slings and arrows...He was only 24...and was a sweet man to my little sister...And he was a great guy all around...

Layla
RM Management
RM Management

Post by Layla » 02/26/12

*offers hugs*

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 02/26/12

*hugs* Quannik, and some more to your sister...

Quannik
Resident
Resident

Post by Quannik » 02/26/12

Thank you for your hugs...I really needed them...It has been a very rough day at home...for my sister and I. Again thank you...means a ton to me.

Vith
Resident
Resident

Post by Vith » 03/02/12

Much affection and prayers for you, Jess. Now go kick some ass!

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 03/02/12

Keeping you in my thoughts and sending you positive energy.

Laynisa
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Laynisa » 03/02/12

Jess, you are a wonderful person and i hope with every fiber of my being that the world sees this. I will be keeping you and those closest to you in my thoughts and prayers.

*hugs and kisses*

Lysari
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lysari » 03/02/12

Even though you and I haven't interacted much - I'll be thinking of you and your family. *hugs*

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 03/02/12

*snuggles*

You keep that WooWoo going girl! *grins* We will see you later.

Layla
RM Management
RM Management

Post by Layla » 03/02/12

My thoughts are with you, because your family needs YOU and with your loved ones.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 03/02/12

To Vith, Faydara/Layla and Jessa and their families. I'm sorry I missed all these! You are all in my thoughts as well.

Vith - I am very sorry. My grandfather passed over a year ago in a similar fashion, he survived the first but the second one in the hospital took him. Watching my father go through that with his own was really hard. I hope you, your wife and your kids are doing OK.

Layla - Please let her know people are thinking of her. I remember her but we were never very close. I would love to see her around here again and I hope she's recovering well.

Jessa - Copying what Layla said here. You kick some ass, honey! Your RM family hopes for the best, even if you don't want us worrying.

Many hugs!

Avith
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Avith » 03/02/12

I am really keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Jess ... I'm not so good with these things .... thinking about you a lot.

Luxelen
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Luxelen » 03/02/12

Jessawyn's out of surgery and recovering. I'm sure we'll hear directly from her very soon. =)