Keep Me in Your Thoughts ...

Chat about anything and everything
Cassidhe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: Keep Me in Your Thoughts ...

Post by Cassidhe » 02/11/16

Sibelle wrote:My gut turned out to be right. My father was found dead in his apartment just a short while ago. I'm trying to get ahold of my step mother and his brother and having trouble.

Sibelle, I am so sorry. I followed your dad on Facebook because I loved his work. I'm sad to know he is gone. ~hugs~

Ceela
Regular
Regular

Post by Ceela » 02/11/16

I am so, so sorry for your loss Sibelle.

*hugs*

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 02/12/16

*hugs Sib*
I am so sorry, hun.

Ainaree
Iksar-In-A-Box

Post by Ainaree » 02/12/16

-hugs Sibelle tightly- my deepest condolences. :(

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 03/23/16

My brother is having major hallucinations and attacking imaginary monsters with toy swords. Very worried.

KrystaNyssa
Resident
Resident

Post by KrystaNyssa » 03/24/16

So the MS medicine is working from what they have seen, but...I'm out of work for at least 6 more months. This could cost me my medical insurance because I don't get enough from disability to cover and the bills.

Cyla
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Cyla » 05/03/16

I live in a place called Fort McMurray, in Northern Alberta. My whole city just burned down. We're pretty sure our house and car are gone.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 05/03/16

I'm so sorry Cyla. Hoping that is not the case. If it is, let us know how we can help.

Jetamyo
Regular
Regular

Post by Jetamyo » 05/04/16

Omg Cyla *hugs*

Jetamyo
Regular
Regular

Post by Jetamyo » 05/04/16

Cyla, do you have somewhere to go? I have friends in Grand Prairie, I know it's not exactly close, but I may be able to see if one/some of them have room?

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 05/04/16

How horrible Cyla... I am so sorry. Yes, if there is anything we can do, please let us know. Lots of thoughts and prayers for you and your family!

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 05/04/16

From what I see on her FB she is safe. She is traveling with her fiance, two twin baby boys and some of her fiance's family in another vehicle. They were last stopped at a hotel and it seems like she has somewhere to go but not sure of their plans.

The likelyhood that they lost their home is very, very high as there was fire reported 3 miles from it, prior to last night and fire crews were not working overnight and today was expected to be worse.

I'm keeping an eye on her page but obviously she's got a lot going on so may not post here or there much.

Cyla
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Cyla » 05/04/16

We are safe in a hotel just outside Edmonton. The fires are expected to be much worse today as it is hotter and there are 50km/hr winds. We do have renters insurance and we have mentally prepared ourselves to peacefully say goodbye to our things and replace them.

It was a terrifying trip out. 80,000 people were evacuating via 1 highway which was barely moving due to the volume as we watched a horizon full of flames hundreds of feet tall in our rear view mirror. I can't even put the destruction into words. We drove out through a road which had burning forests on both sides. It was fucking Mordor.

Edit-for those interested, it looked something like this (nsfw language).
phpBB [media]
Last edited by Cyla on 05/04/16, edited 1 time in total.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 05/04/16

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. That is an absolutely terrifying experience.

Avith
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Avith » 05/04/16

When my home burned down to the ground I was left with absolutely no possessions ... nothing but the clothes I had on my back when I ran out. My friends and neighbors rallied and asked for a list of things I needed. From the kindness of their hearts my son and I were given most of what we needed to live.

Cyla, when you can make an assessment of your damages and what you have lost and what you need, please post a list here. It's time for me to pay it forward and I'm sure we all have an extra something to send. Please stay safe and let us know.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 05/04/16

*hugs*
Keep you and yours safe.

Cassidhe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Cassidhe » 05/04/16

What Avith said. I would be happy to help too, once you take inventory of what you need from us. This is horrifying, even watching it from a distance.

Lysari
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lysari » 05/05/16

I am relieved that you and your family are alright Cyla. Please let us know what we can do to help from a distance.

Lyah
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Lyah » 05/06/16

Cyla, I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you didn't lose any pets in the process. Please, if you need anything, including a place to stay, let us know. I know, for example, I could easily throw together a tower PC and accessories for you to get back on your computing feet. While it might not be the best ever, it would be a starter. I am sure others could help in other ways. We're all family here, so if you need help, ask us, OK?

Cyla
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Cyla » 05/06/16

Thank you all for your support and offers of help. My house is still standing, however there are still fires all over the city and this could change with a gust of wind. In addition, we can't be certain what will be left after smoke damage and potential looting. It will be weeks or months before we are permitted back.

I won't be asking for donations unless we hit harder times. My mate and I decided to adult extra good this year after our sons were born and bought renters insurance which covered evacuation costs. They have already begun to help us with costs.

We are currently bouncing around between family for a while, we and our babies have all we need.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 05/07/16

Glad to hear you are safe and ok. Keep us posted and don't be shy if you need anything.

Rahfel
Resident
Resident

Post by Rahfel » 05/14/16

Day after my birthday came with some pain, sadly...
Our tomcat(who has been battling cancer since roughly October those who aren't already aware) just passed away in my arms
He's been taken form my arms to the emergency vet clinic of course--as my family is not completely sure whether or not he's fully gone as of yet or still able to be saved somehow.
Yet somehow I think this is the last vet trip he'll ever make....

Jetamyo
Regular
Regular

Post by Jetamyo » 05/15/16

*hugs*

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 05/15/16

*hugs*

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 05/15/16

So sorry Rahfel. *hugs* At least you got to hold him, where he felt safe and loved. That's the most compassionate thing you can do but often the hardest. (If he has passed.)