Keep Me in Your Thoughts ...

Chat about anything and everything
Rahfel
Resident
Resident

Re: Keep Me in Your Thoughts ...

Post by Rahfel » 05/15/16

Thank you all. <3
He has passed in fact. I figured that he had, but we wanted to make SURE before we buried the lil' guy, ya know?
I'm glad he died with us at home--in a place he loved, surrounded by people and things that he loved.
We're not letting any of the vet folks do an autopsy, because we don't really need to know for sure how it happened. We're given a bit of peace of mind in knowing that he doesn't have to suffer anymore..goodness knows we suffered alongside him(but in a different way ofc.)

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 05/26/16

I miss Scrappers so badly. Fuck you, 2016.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 05/27/16

/hugs Rahfel... I am so sorry for your loss, but at least you know he had peace and love on his way out.

/hugs Morenin... 2016 has been terrible so far. So many losses.

Death Is Nothing At All
  • By Harry Scott-Holland
    • Death is nothing at all.
      It does not count.
      I have only slipped away into the next room.
      Nothing has happened.

Everything remains exactly as it was.
      I am I, and you are you,
      and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
      Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by the old familiar name.
      Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
      Put no difference into your tone.
      Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
      Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
      Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
      Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
      It is the same as it ever was.
      There is absolute and unbroken continuity.
      What is this death but a negligible accident?

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
      I am but waiting for you, for an interval,
      somewhere very near,
      just round the corner.

All is well.
      Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
      One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
      How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Ceela
Regular
Regular

Post by Ceela » 06/11/16

I am just having a really hard time coping with all the friends that I shared so much love/affection/etc with being gone lately. 4 since last June and most if the best people I have ever known are gone forever. No more catching up, cheering each other on... Less light in the world.

Tyta Meader
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Tyta Meader » 10/04/16

Hurricane Mathew is leaning closer and closer my way. Keep me in your thoughts.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 10/04/16

Tyta Meader wrote:Hurricane Mathew is leaning closer and closer my way. Keep me in your thoughts.
It may or may not hit me too. *HUGS* I am sure going to 'feel' it, but it's only touching the northern tip of the Keys. Not that we have much land mass and that's still less than a hundred miles between me and it. But, hold tight dear.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 10/05/16

*hugs* Be careful!

Tyta Meader
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Tyta Meader » 10/05/16

At this point it is going to hit me. Just the severity depends on how far west it continues to move. For those wanting to track and fi find out. I live in Volusia County. About 20 mins away for daytona beach if you see Deltona on the map I am right next to it.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 10/07/16

My daughter has a friend whose twin sister would tell her things like, "You should just go and kill yourself," and so that's just what her friend did. My daughter came home Wednesday to tell me that her friend was dead and said she's trying to be strong for her friends, but I can sense a lot of anger and a lot of confusion and pain. The one thing she kept saying was that her friend "didn't deserve this."

I've had the school's counselor talk to her, and I've talked to her. I've also gotten some advice from a grief counselor, but I am worried for my daughter.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 10/08/16

*hugs*

Lysari
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lysari » 10/10/16

I am so sorry Lily. *hugs to you and your daughter*

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 10/20/16

Recovering from an appendectomy. Hurts a LOT.

Tajar
Resident
Resident

Post by Tajar » 10/22/16

*hugs*

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 01/30/17

No one in m paternal line of descent has lived past 60. Given the world and my current prospects, I'm kinda beginning to hope I match this pattern.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 01/30/17

Morenin, do not believe that, you always have the ability and chance to rise to great heights.

*hugs*

Kurzou
Visitor

Post by Kurzou » 02/06/17

I would like to pass along, PoKrystanyssa lost her mother yesterday when she died in hospice care. Krysta is flying home tomorrow to attend the funeral. She is a big presence in the community and helps me run the Maiden's Fancy.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 02/07/17

poKrystaNyssa is in our thoughts here at the Raven. Please share this should you have opportunity to do so.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 02/10/17

*hugs* to PoKyrsta.

I haven't been around much, but I do know how hard it is to lose a parent. Today is the anniversary of my father's death, as it happens. She is in my thoughts. As well as the other community members I know who lost a parent this year.

Lyah
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Lyah » 02/22/17

Kurzou wrote:I would like to pass along, PoKrystanyssa lost her mother yesterday when she died in hospice care. Krysta is flying home tomorrow to attend the funeral. She is a big presence in the community and helps me run the Maiden's Fancy.
I didn't realize this was here at the time of posting, though I knew about it from in-game sources. My thoughts remain with Nyssa and all of her family.

Calris
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Calris » 04/05/17

So, update from the "fuck cancer" post I made in Slings and Arrows a bit back...

Wife's double mastectomy went well, but they found another spot in what was removed that had them concerned enough to start her on chemo. First two treatments down. 2 more rounds of the "heavy" drugs over the next month, then 8 rounds of lighter drugs once a week after that. So far, she's been doing well with it. Serious hair loss didn't start until after this second round, and she opted to take control and just shave her head.

Emotionally she's mostly in a good place. She has moments where she gets overwhelmed by it all, but for the most part, she's a trooper. And bloody sick of the color pink. XD

Once the chemo is done, she's having a full hysterectomy because family history and genetic markers put her at risk for ovarian cancer, too.

As for myself, I'm hating the fact that my job doesn't allow me to be there as much as I want to be. I'm on the road 5 days a week, and can't find anything that'll have me home nightly that won't be more of a pay cut than we can afford. And I can't change companies because the gap in insurance would be bad right now. Especially if the next Trumpcare bid passes, which seeks to remove protection for preexisting conditions. It's hard enough being away from my family normally, this just makes it that much harder.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 04/10/17

I couldn't decide where to put this, since it happened so long ago, yet it's only hit me today. This is as good a place as any, I suppose.

Some of you have heard my little intro thing when I run RFN. It was made by a high school sweetheart named Phil, who at the time of making the intro for me was using the stage name Waxen Wane. It had changed multiple times over the years, but such is the way of musicians sometimes. Always experimenting, even with their name.

Today, I found out totally by accident that Phil had passed away three years ago. The details are vague, and I think I'm okay with not having everything spelled out, but it was after a schizophrenic episode and he was in hospice. It took me so long to find out because for the longest time, it would be years where I would hear nothing from him. He was on Facebook sometimes, but I don't use that site very often, and it seemed like the two of us were always going on there at times when the other was staying away from it for a while. It was typical of us to go years without getting in touch, so I never knew.

I met Phil when we both started high school. We were both in the marching band, him playing trombone and me playing flute. It wasn't love at first sight or any of that, but it didn't take long. The first thing that struck me was just how blue his eyes were. I swear, the boy had the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen. Light, clear and sparkling like a cloudless summer sky. He was sweet, and shy, and yes, a bit of a nerd. Few who were in the marching band weren't, of course. Oh, and the biggest cloud of blonde curls. He once lost a piece of chalk in that tangle, I swear. I was a little, scrawny 14-year-old redhead who was also quite a nerd and an outcast...and by the middle of the school year, we loved each other in that mad little way that only 14-year-old outcasts can.

By the next year, it had grown into something strangely more deep and solid, because life never seemed to stop enjoying kicking the crap out of poor Phil, and hardship tends to make things either disintegrate or grow stronger. There was his Tourette's (which wasn't too severe, but you know how kids are when someone's "weird" and has facial and arm tics), his family's estrangement from his older brother who Phil idolized, and then his parents' marriage started falling apart. Coming to his house was tense, and he and I tried to lock ourselves away in his room as much as possible. It may not seem like much, but for a teenager, it can be a rough hall, especially when everything that happened was totally beyond his control. About halfway through sophomore year, he had made a decision: he was leaving. Running away is what it's called, but I think for him, he was running to the brother he adored, who lived up in Seattle. And he asked me to come with him.

It was almost 25 years ago, so I can't tell you everything going through my head when I agreed, but I know it was a combination of teenage foolishness and the belief that I just could not let Phil go off alone. I knew there was no way to change his mind on leaving, and if I hadn't gone with him, I don't know what would have happened. You see, the news that Phil died after a schizophrenic episode didn't shock me to the core, really, because as long as I'd known him, Phil was...fragile, mentally. Scientists have actually been looking at a possible link between Tourette's and schizophrenia. (Or, "comorbidity" as they call it.) I know it in adulthood, and I knew it then at 15 that I could not let Phil travel across two states all alone. I just had a terrible fear that he'd be found dead on the side of the road somewhere near the Oregon border or something. So, I ran away with him. Those were some dramatic few days, riding Greyhound buses up the west coast to Seattle. Thinking back on it, it kinda feels like one of those quirky indy movies, two messed up teenagers running across state lines, and all the adventures along the way. Huddling together in bus stations, trying to get some sleep, sitting in a ratty old donut shop in the middle of the night to wait for the bus, hanging out with a really sweet old homeless guy in Sacramento, and arriving on the doorstep of an astonished stoner brother and his wife. After a couple days, I was sent a plane ticket to come home, and with Phil having arrived safely to his destination and the easy affection of the family he was most attached to, he and I parted ways. I still loved him desperately, but I knew I couldn't stay.

We corresponded a bit after that, and then, as it does, life got in the way, and we eventually only got in contact with each other every now and then. After a few years, he moved back to his home state of Illinois where his mother had moved back to after the divorce from his father, and lived in the Chicago area. Music was always his life, and he spent a lot of time playing and creating songs, and performing at various places like Mud Puddle Pizza in Peoria with the stage name of either Waxen Wane, Waxen Phoenix or Phoenix Rain.

Phil was passionate, funny, kind, creative, and just an absolute one-of-a-kind human being. His life was sometimes a dark thing, but he always gave those who knew him a bit of light. Be at peace, love.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 04/22/17

Aunt is on her way to the emergency room in an ambulance. Her doctor is afraid she might have an anuerism. Scared.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 04/23/17

Aunt has been admitted for the next few days for what was likely a mini-stroke, which run in our family. She is currently in no danger, but they'll have to work on getting her vision working again.

Calris
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Calris » 09/17/17

So the wife finished her Chemo last month. That's good. What's not good is in July, her boss that she's worked over 10 years for as a professional assistant informed her that he couldn't afford to keep paying her a set salary and would instead be paying her by "assignment". And hasn't given her any assignments since. So we're living off one income, and the wife still has a hysterectomy ahead. So, finding work when she's going to have to take time off for surgery and recovery almost immediately isn't really viable for her right now.

We've barely avoided being evicted for 2 months in a row now, and we'd been running behind for a while before then. Keeping the lights on and water is even a challenge. Much less the phone I need for work.

I'm working on the road 5 and a half days a week. I only get to see my wife and kid for a day and a half every week. Days run as long as 14 hours. And, with the nature of my job, it's not like I can pick up a part time job. I'm doing everything I can, and it just feels like the harder I push, the steeper the hill gets. It's a horrible feeling when you can't even support your own damn family. I just don't know what else I can be doing.

As far as we can tell, she is in the clear on the cancer front. The hysterectomy is preventative since genetic tests put her at high risk for ovarian cancer. And even though the end of this is relatively near, the financial bullshit makes it a hard push.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 09/17/17

Her boss effectively laid her off and is avoiding paying unemployment by his statement. She should look into ways to get her due compensation so she can either find another job, or go on temporary disability. Laws vary by state, but what they did was underhanded.

I am glad she is doing well.

Hang in there!