Re: Name A Thing That Made You Happy

Post by Rencey » 09/21/15

phpBB [media]

GloomPixie
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by GloomPixie » 09/24/15

Leatherworker friends who both let you abuse their discount at Tandy and help you plan out your project.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 09/27/15

Chasing the moon with Tash.

We had clouds in the sky over our apartment tonight, so we hopped in the car at 10pm and went driving around to see if we could find a place to watch the eclipse. We got some really good views of it and just got to giggle about how awesome and strange we are.

Also, a LARP weekend with Tash PCing with me!

Rahfel
Resident
Resident

Post by Rahfel » 09/28/15

Um
I have a few things that have made me really happy yesterday evening
1.) Everyone in rplfg. Jaza, slipps, shalour, zapheri--my guild, as well as the rest of you who offered words of encouragement and wordly advice. Love you guys, and your words stood out more than just random 'attaboys'. I hope and pray that the warmth of peoples' hearts can keep this ragtag rp community together <3
2.) that really nice eclipse. Got a good but brief replay of it on the weather channel this morning, and it looked awesome and kinda green.

:mrgreen:

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 09/28/15

Finding out that I got the part of baroness in the upcoming Ren Faire. I didn't even audition for Royal Court! I auditioned for the pirate scenario. Only the really good actors & actresses get into Royal Court, so I'm not sure how I made it in there, but WOOT!

TashMonster
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TashMonster » 10/01/15

Sometimes, catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror can be the worst part of my day. I always kind of dreaded what I would see. Well, today I had the exact opposite happen! I walked past a mirror at work and saw my reflection and had to stop for a minute because I could actually really see the progress I've been making with this whole "healthy living" thing. Since moving to Michigan last May, I've lost over twenty pounds and at least two inches off my waist, and for the first time today I actually could SEE the change and it was just exactly the little mood booster I needed.

(That said, I need to buy a whole new wardrobe because I seriously look like I'm wearing clown pants now. Of all problems to have, though, I'm okay with this one!)

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 10/08/15

Finding out I'm down 9 pounds. 31 to go.

Lots of HARD work and keeping with my food plans. I still get to eat ice cream and Chinese delivery when I really want, but mostly it's just a matter of eating healthy and working hard at the gym (only three days, but an hour each time and tough stuff).

It really isn't a diet and exercise thing, it's a shift in lifestyle from being unhealthy to being healthy. I'll be much better for these decisions in the long run. This makes me extremely happy.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 10/09/15

Midterm grades are back, both As!

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 10/12/15

My son has a girlfriend now... and he amazingly no longer smells like a goat.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 10/19/15

Confirmation of opening night tickets for Force Awakens, and a planned night out on the town with Tash! And.. a bonus Friday off together to do something, because who wants to work after seeing an 11:30pm movie!

Ellinor
Visitor

Post by Ellinor » 10/20/15

Taking an hour out of a hellish schedule to have a beer, talk about our future, and discuss plans together for the holidays. :)

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 10/20/15

I cleaned my desk. It may be one monitor fewer now, but a clean desk always feels nice. I also relocated where my tablet is so maybe I'll actually use it?

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 10/20/15

Got back from my stepson's IEP meeting. He's doing amazingly well this year. I think the move from elementary to junior high did him a world of good, though he's not doing his math homework. I'll have to fuss about that. Also, his grandmother offered to buy him a pass at the state fair for when his band goes next week, so I won't have to hear him moan and groan for two weeks about how he really wants money to go ride the rides at the fair. His band teacher is going to explain to him today that she really does have an arrangement with me about these coupon books he's selling, and he doesn't need that silly sales sheet.

Good news and two of three crisis solved before my work day even begins. I hope the rest of the day is just as productive.

TashMonster
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TashMonster » 10/26/15

Being at the LARP event all weekend with Kia! It was SO MUCH FUN!! I'm actually playing a healer and managed to save two whole people from dying (or at least from having to wait for one of the other healers to get to them)!

The whole weekend was themed for Halloween, so there were random evil shades and shadow creatures and undead roaming around causing mayhem, a gypsy curse put over the town, and a Lich or two... The whole atmosphere was creepy and terrifying to the point where stepping out of a cabin just to run to the tavern for food was an exercise in dashing from cover to cover and hoping to not attract any attention.

The weather cooperated too. It was dark and damp and chilly, which just added to the atmosphere (though probably also aggravated my lungs and brought back my cough)

So yeah, it was fun! All I want to do now is play more!

Also Kia is just all kinds of fun to LARP with!

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 10/26/15

I wouldn't quite say 'happy' but it's not really a kudos either.

My training went well and I am a lot less anxious. Although I only actually called three people and only one picked up, and he was an older guy in bed who, despite it being ass-early was just SO happy to talk to my sweet self and made sure to let me know I could call him in bed any time.

But he was unwilling to get out of bed for me and get me the info I needed to help him.

So I am happy it went well but, uh, ahem, yeah.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 11/01/15

My stepdaughter loved her costume, and she was so happy when someone recognized what she was while Trick-or-Treating. The pretty pink Princess Dalek (complete with bows and ruffles) was a win, and the glitter-painted toilet plunger totally made the costume.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 11/03/15

Realized the story I am attempting to write is going to be best told in multiple books and that I need a more clear plan. So today I am writing that plan and likely restarting my word count for NanoWrimo but I'm glad it's more clear to me today.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 11/07/15

Tickets obtained to an Amaranthe concert on Tuesday!

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 11/09/15

I broke 10k and I'm catching up.

My novel might be shit but at least I'm learning. That's what I am telling myself..

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 11/09/15

YAY! Go Sibelle! Now I need to catch up.

Tajar
Resident
Resident

Post by Tajar » 12/02/15

MY CINTIQ IS HERE!!!!

Rahfel
Resident
Resident

Post by Rahfel » 12/04/15

This is gonna sound stupid but
There's this Captain Crunch cereal variety, and it's shaped like tiny little doughnuts with sprinkles. Yeah, the kind of cereal my mum would never let me have as a kid.
I love it. Best thing in the morning for me to reduce before-coffee aggro sugar fix needs.
The little things DO matter. Especially early in the morning before the coffee's ready...
:mrgreen:

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 12/11/15

A's in both classes this semester! Unexpected, but makes me happy!

Ceela
Regular
Regular

Post by Ceela » 12/12/15

I actually feel like a person....and not like I am slogging through mud if I can mange to stay awake. So happy I am trying hard not to cry.