Name A Thing That Made You Happy

Chat about anything and everything
Rahfel
Resident
Resident

Re: Name A Thing That Made You Happy

Post by Rahfel » 04/03/16

The madre called me on skype totally out of the blue today, and we chattered for most of the afternoon.
Since she lives on the east coast, we have that annoying time gap and usually have to chase each other to get simple things like a Skype call organized. The ever present time zone struggle is definitely a factual and obnoxious reality.
I also got to see my two younger half siblings for the first time in about 5 months, and dang if they both haven't grown about an inch apiece!
My half-sister's birthday was March the 31st, she's 9 now.
I'm happy I managed to get her belated birthday present in the mail Friday!

And they had a clearance on giant kitkat bars at our local Safeway. ( 'v ' )

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 04/08/16

Quite some time ago, I shared a recipe for bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapeno peppers on Facebook that I thought sounded really good. I had completely forgotten about it since then, so imagine my surprise when I saw bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapeno peppers that my husband had spent all day preparing.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 04/09/16

I have the start of a leatherworking kit!

Tash and I took a trip to Tandy Leather today, and I now have all of the most basic tools, enough to allow me to start with pouches and other small items.

So. Happy.

Ceela
Regular
Regular

Post by Ceela » 04/12/16

Being able to keep all my family together, even the fit kids during rough times.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 04/13/16

I have been re-admitted to my old university to finish my bachelor's degree!

Cyla
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Cyla » 04/14/16

Husbeast has an interview for a position with his company a few miles from my family! We're currently living an 18 hour drive away from them.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 04/15/16

Pokemon! First time EVER playing them!

Avith
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Avith » 04/16/16

After a day where I was convinced that life had beaten me, in swoops the coolest person ever to make me smile and laugh and feel good again.

Lyah and the Dukes of Hazzard and other friends to share it with, best night in weeks! Thank you for thinking of me and caring, love ya my dear friend.

Scrattch
Resident
Resident

Post by Scrattch » 04/16/16

Spending a leisurely, beautiful afternoon with my lovely wife.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 04/16/16

5-0 Ice Hockey win!

Playing in a men's league, defense as usual. Three 15 minute periods (I'm used to three 10s), and super fast paced, such a great challenge! Got some mad props and respect from my teammates and made some great plays.

It was a seriously fun time!

TashMonster
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TashMonster » 04/17/16

Watching Kia play hockey last night was awesome! She did great and held her own REALLY well even playing in the men's league!

Cyla
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Cyla » 05/16/16

We've been evacuated for a couple weeks now with no return date in site, but this whole crisis has really pulled my mate and I and our 2 sons closer in love.

We were wed quietly in my mother's backyard on Saturday. It was perfect.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 05/17/16

Congratulations!

Ceela
Regular
Regular

Post by Ceela » 05/18/16

I finally was able to get my new medicine to treat my ADHD. It's an off label use but it is amazing! (and affordable without insurance)
I can concentrate, the things that used to upset me or make me react no longer do and even if they do, not to the point I can't chose to step away from it.

that makes me want to cry from happiness. I dont think many can understand what never having the ability to focus and sunddelny being able to at 36 does. Or how much of my life the ADD has affected, I didnt even know until I started taking this new med. Thank god for modern medicine.
Last edited by Ceela on 05/19/16, edited 1 time in total.

Beth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Beth » 05/19/16

My husband. He went out of his way today, finding me a power strip, my art box, 3 different mice and my renfest dress and bodice. Then he did laundry and helped me change my clothes because I am hurting very bad. Now he is laying down beside me.

Also my men Eric and Kevin. I missed both of you too.

And my Mama for telling me that I am allowed to grieve as long as I need to.

Good friends, good people.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 06/05/16

Two people have now very surreptitiously suggested I apply to work at a game company I have been following for awhile as they work on their first game. One of those people works remotely, both of them I've met in person and a couple other big names I've actually worked on a game before with, just not directly.

Problem is I have no idea what I would be applying for and the jist of what I am reading is "Make a creative resume, sell yourself on all your magical talents and we shall see if you fit." Which is intimidating as hell. They are not traditional as game companies go and their product is pretty huge and being developed and funded in an exciting way.

However on the off chance I could go work on something I REALLY want to be a part of, but don't know if I am qualified for... I am probably going to try to come up with a badass version of my resume and sell myself as best as I can. Because it would be fantastic if I could make more of a career out of doing things I already love/do to a lesser extent (on top of this art business stuff) and not have to move.

Worst case scenario: They tell me to go to school and get qualified. OR they tell me I am unfortunately too far away. Both of which are livable rejections that I would be OK with. Best case scenario: I HAVE NO IDEA THAT IS SO VEXING OMFG.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 06/08/16

"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 06/09/16

Life.

It's just insanely good. Work is amazing, challenging and rewarding, a boss who respects and seriously appreciates me. Hobbies, friends to hang out with and all sorts of activities, weekends of LARPs, road trips, renaissance festival season coming.

Ceela
Regular
Regular

Post by Ceela » 06/11/16

Winning free tickets to the local science museum, I get to take my girls! :) they are so excited to see the new exhibit just installed 'Speed'

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 06/17/16

Having my feelings and concerns validated.. Nothing like feeling like you may just be imagining things only for them to be confirmed.

Ceela
Regular
Regular

Post by Ceela » 06/18/16

Sitting in the sun on my porch. playing with baby girl. Moving into a place with a huge -fenced- backyard with a swing set left behind by previous tenants. Summer.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 06/25/16

Men's D Level Saturday Night Champions! That would be my team!

Farriene
Patron
Patron

Post by Farriene » 06/25/16

We finished moving into the house we bought! With only a few minor disasters. So much love to my sanity team that kept texting/skyping me through the day to be sure I was doing well. <3 As well as my hubby's coworkers friends, who are hoping to use the house as a gaming destination, and so came out to move all of our furniture.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 07/25/16

This made me laugh.

"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 07/27/16

I love that! I'm stealing to share with my family. Hahahaha!

For me... Going on a Pokewalk with my stepson. Mommy-Son Bonding Time!