The Kudos Spam Thread Part the 2nd!

Chat about anything and everything
Lyah
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

The Kudos Spam Thread Part the 2nd!

Post by Lyah » 08/05/14

Just like the previous Kudos Spam thread, the point is this thread is to spread random kudos, thanks, and general happiness that doesn't really merit an individual post!

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: The Kudos Spam Thread Part the 2nd!

Post by Lily » 08/06/14

I saw my new classroom today. SQUEEEE!!! I'm so excited!

GloomPixie
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by GloomPixie » 08/06/14

To finding Torryn the car he needed instead of merely the car he wanted.

Also to my decent credit, which made it all possible.

Gineva
Resident
Resident

Post by Gineva » 08/07/14

To Alessio for such a lovely night of silly fun. I needed that, sweets! And also for taking steps to face your anxiety. So proud of you. <3

And to teachers! Of all kinds, at all levels of education. It was a teacher who fostered my creativity and encouraged me to write, make stuff, create anything... to think and imagine and get it out of my head and onto paper or whatever medium was appropriate. And more recently it was a professor who encouraged me to follow my passion and talents, to go all the way for my education instead of settling for what I thought I "might" achieve. Thank you, teachers!

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/08/14

Day 2 of computer lab went well. I recruited the school counselor and the office aide to help me with the first graders, so we were actually able to do about 5 minutes of the lesson with Mrs. C's class and around 10 minutes of the lesson with Mrs. K and Mrs. G's classes.

I found out that the IT guys forgot to give me administrator permissions to reset students' passwords. (There's only 55 elementary schools in the district, as well as 11 junior highs and 6 high schools, so they just haven't had time to get around to it yet.) Thankfully, the upper-grades computer teacher had her permissions working correctly. She was able to reset the 7 kids I needed redone for me. However, that still leaves 16 more whose accounts are listed as "disabled."

The kindergartners still have not come to computer lab, but I have recruited Mrs. B's and Mr. J's 6th graders to come in for two of the kinder classes to assist with logins. The third kinder class is during 6th grade's lunch period, but the PE instructor and his student teacher have agreed to assist me during that time.

Hooray for recruiting volunteers!

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/11/14

Kudos to my school principal's secretary. She has been absolutely amazing at helping me to get in touch with the correct people while I sort out all sorts of tech madness with the school's new computers, new operating systems, and insanely long logins. ALL of the students who came to lab today had working logins, but since I was DIBELS testing instead of in the lab with them, I wasn't there to stop 3 of the students from locking themselves out of the computer... completely.

Also, 6 of the teachers chose not to come to the lab today. In their words, "If you aren't there, we aren't going." I reassured them that I would be back next week, after DIBELS testing was over (because I'm 1 of 7 in the entire school certified to administer the test).

Also, after some conversation with the upper grades computer teacher, I am spoiling my teachers. I don't mind spoiling them. It's job security.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/16/14

Kudos to my children.

After much worry that I would never get my son involved in anything at school after we moved, he is now thoroughly involved with the schools' drama department and has a part in two different plays coming up.

My daughter has gotten involved in the choir, and after auditions this week, made it into varsity choir. There are only 14 students who make it into varsity each year, so we're very proud of her.

My stepdaughter got into the orchestra, playing cello. Note to self: I must pick up rosin for her.

Beth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Beth » 08/19/14

They say that for something bad, something good happens for an excellent reason. When we came to live with our friends Kirk and Sandy I found out that they had an ailing, older siamese who was under 3 pounds, unable to eat or drink and her coat was mangy, patchy and they thought she was going to die. She couldnt even make it to the litter box she was so weak.

Five weeks later of steady work, love, attention, a food she can actually eat and lots of sardines she just topped 6 pounds. Her fur is soft and rabbitlike again and she is using the litter box in my room.... and my boys are grooming her. She sleeps with us every night. After watching the behavior dynamics I figured out that she was being bullied by two other cats and they were preventing her from getting to the food and water. I have had a talk with her owners and when I leave, she will get her least aggressive brother, her own food, water and litter and a pile of pillows, sequestered away from the noisy rabble here.

I am damned proud of myself. I saved Mystra's life. So I guess this is a kudos to me.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/19/14

To Lysari and Cyla, you gals are AWESOME! Much love from the Hopsalong brood.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 08/21/14

I got it! I got the job I wanted! Stoked! I get to work with fuzzy cuddly critters again and wear scrubs and learn things!

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/21/14

WooHoo! That's great news Cybele!

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 08/21/14

WOOT! Yay, Cybele!

Beth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Beth » 08/25/14

I fit into a dress Christi had me get in feb at a thrift store. I walked out and my husband liked it. And he put coolant in my ac and it works so much better now

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 08/26/14

To the boyfriend.

We were supposed to leave for Maine on Friday, by way of Canada, which would have been my first trip out of the States AND first trip into New England. I was looking forward to it. Seafood, hiking, trike riding and just being away for a bit. Then came the crappy weather, which always happens to us on planned outdoor vacations, it seems (the list of weather disasters is pretty crazy, tbh).

So... after spending last night moping about it a bit, and deciding that we'd just have to hike in the rain and stay inside and play board games when it got too bad, I was kind of down about the whole trip.

This morning, he suggested that we scrap the entire Maine trip and head to Colorado instead. We've both wanted to go there for a long time, so why not? Five hours later, we're set. He managed to cancel all of the hotel stays with no fees, and set ourselves up with a cabin/condo thing in Estes Park, to go hiking, horseback riding and off-road Jeep touring (maybe at sunset, with s'mores and drinks!) in the mountains. We also have a full kitchen, outdoor grill and a private hot tub for the stay... so... I'm even MORE excited about vacation now!

Just what I needed. Been fighting through a lot of blah lately, so I could really use the time away, and keeping busy with fun stuff.

Raclette
Regular
Regular

Post by Raclette » 08/27/14

Kiarryn -- how excellent that he was able to persuade the various places to cancel without fees, altho realistically, people in the hospitality trade know that all manner of things come up at the last minute making travel impossible. Their loss of your business might enable someone else to have a room who might've been caught unprepared in the middle of the weather. Who knows?

And with the change in plans, perhaps there is something very special waiting for you in Colorado -- as you mentioned, sunset drives and trail rides and hot tubs (usually quite welcome after those trail rides). I expect an entry or two in the What Made Me Happy Today thread to come out of it....

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/27/14

Kudos to the teachers at my stepson's school for letting him run for treasurer even though he didn't meet all the requirements. No, he will not win (and we've talked to him about the possibility of not winning), but at least he will have the experience of running for student council.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 08/28/14

To 2 week old puppies. Being wet and covered in dog hair and sweet cats who are recovering from surgery.

I missed this SO much.

Also I found another set of scrubs. So I have enough to survive until I can order some.

Echo
RM Management
RM Management

Post by Echo » 09/02/14

Kudos to Ijaka, who was a dear and special friend in a very terrible moment for me. I am so grateful.

Ijaka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Ijaka » 09/02/14

Kudos to Echo, who is an amazing host despite insane circumstances. Also because she forced cake on me.

Gineva
Resident
Resident

Post by Gineva » 09/12/14

Some final Kudos before I depart...

To Slipps for always trying and always giving so much.

To Nedyraen for being a great partner in plotting-crime!

To Camjager for being yourself. Own it. Be you. You are awesome, and don't let anyone (even yourself) tell you different.

To the old crew! To Elisadora and all the people who were a part of Reckoning back in the day, for such lovely RPs and a fantastic decorating opportunity!

To such delicious villains such as Lizalfos, Mahamari, Nefariana... Thank you. Some of you I didn't get to RP with as much as I'd have liked, but you still made an impression.

To Savani and Tanaii for such amazing RPs back in the day!

To Dhanielle/Ailee, Arquenniel, and Lily for being there personally when I was in need.

To Lyah for running this fabulous freak show and putting up with all the crap. Thank you.

To Shard. It was our RP between little Daenie and Shard that brought me out of my shell so many years ago, when I was new to AB and trying to find my way. And it was our RP between Shard and Ginny that helped me to find some tiny amount of confidence. Thank you. Always.

And finally to Alessio, my partner, I'm so thankful that I met you.

*exits stage left...*

Echo
RM Management
RM Management

Post by Echo » 09/12/14

I don't know what the fuck happened, but I am stunned by a few things, the main one being, "Gineva is scary".

.... Gineva is *scary*?

Oh, by scary, I think you meant talented, generous, kind, hilarious, and delightfully misanthropic. Got it. Got it.

Dude, not cool -- you deserve better. I'm around. Also, you can email me anytime. PM me if you want my address. And as always, if you're ever in DC and need a safe haven, Chez Liddy is open.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 09/12/14

Gineva wrote:
To Dhanielle/Ailee, Arquenniel, and Lily for being there personally when I was in need.
Always, always... You know how to contact me! /hugs

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 09/12/14

*lights a candle*

This one is yours, Ginny, and I am still here to talk with, always.

*hugs*

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 09/12/14

*Hugs Ginny and everybody*

Got my own slings too but due to certain circumstances disclosure isn't a good idea yet.

But I can be frustrated my coworker didn't come in. I have a loooot more work than I should to handle by myself.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 09/12/14

Gineva wrote:To Dhanielle/Ailee, Arquenniel, and Lily for being there personally when I was in need.
*lots of snuggles*