The Kudos Spam Thread Part the 2nd!

Chat about anything and everything
Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Re: The Kudos Spam Thread Part the 2nd!

Post by Sibelle » 02/06/15

Lily wrote:
Sibelle wrote:Today we got the news that our offer for the house was accepted. We take possession and move in Sunday.
WOOT! *does a happy dance* Have fun with the moving. If I were closer, I'd offer to help.
Through my moms work we get two guys and an extra truck to help us move so we are in good shape. Which is awesome! I've only had "movers" twice in my life and the time I paid for it was awful. Last time we had the same guys and it was smooth. We were done in a day. This time we have no stairs to contend with!

Last night I tried setting up Comcast online. Chatted with two separate agents who quoted me vastly different deposits (my credit sucks). Until the second one who didn't know shit decided to lie to me and tell me all this bs that was wrong for why she couldn't so I had to go in. And if things had worked out online I would pay more and have to wait a whole week to get a tech out.

Today I drag my ass out of bed, go to Comcast and in 15 minutes I have paid a cheaper deposit, received all the equipment which I can set up my self and have a lower monthly bill.

This is a kudos to the guy and the Comcast office we have here in town. He made it so easy that I don't understand why they even try to let Indian csrs online handle it.

So I will not actually lose Internet access at all. I will get to see walking dead when it airs and all the awesome stuff.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 02/08/15

To Tash and Tash's parents.

I had an AMAZING weekend. It was just laid back, fun and full of love. I have so many warm, fuzzy hats, scarves and mittens that I think I'll be able to make it through the rest of the winter. I got to see the ocean and play on the beach. I smiled, laughed and just enjoyed the trip so much.

Even with the flight delays and silliness included at the end of the trip, it was still just an amazing trip and I cannot wait for more like it!

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 02/09/15

Kudos to the one person I thought I would never ever have a kudos for...

We have at the fair two men who play Russian cloth merchants. One wears red and the other blue. They're both jerks, in and out of character. The red one is much nicer than the blue, but still... total jerks.

My daughter got a little overheated on Saturday. After recovering, she insisted on working Sunday. She fainted while we were working at the birds of prey show. So here we are, sitting behind the entertainment office waiting for my husband to be finished with his last stage performance, when the blue Russian joins us. He looks terrible. He takes off his coat, douses himself in water, and downs three mugs of Gatorade back-to-back. After the third mug, he looks up and notices us. He walks over, having heard about my daughter's heat exhaustion yesterday, and asks if she's OK.

I'm shocked. I've never heard this man be nice before... to anyone! When he finds out she'd fainted, he begins giving her some advice to help her adjust to the dry heat of the desert and tells her that he's been there before. This man is being NICE to my daughter and trying to make her feel better about getting overheated two days in a row. Watching him was like watching that big, burly, hairy biker uncle play tea time with his little niece, complete with the pink tutu and plastic diamond tiara.

So kudos to the blue Russian for proving my first impressions of him wrong. Underneath that rude and obnoxious exterior is a genuinely nice man.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 02/16/15

Major kudos to Julie who runs https://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/. Her kits are witty, are her customer service is top notch! Somehow my address on the order got changed to my old one (I think Paypal autofilled over my new one), so my kits are bouncing between PA and TX. I contacted her just a few hours ago and she is putting new kits in the mail to hold me over while she waits for the original order to bounce back to her. Thank you, Julie, you just made my day so much better!

Ijaka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Ijaka » 02/18/15

To my doctor's appointment today. I'm tempted to put this into slings, because I heard some news that I didn't want to hear about diet changes that I need to make. Hard ones, that are going to mean major changes in my life. But I've needed to make changes for a while now, and I think that this finally might be the motivation I need.

Also, my doctor said that another doctor I spoke to (my surgeon) was full of shit when he recommended an herbal supplement and the paleo diet after my last visit there. He said he's a good surgeon, but he needs to stick to what he knows.

GloomPixie
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by GloomPixie » 02/18/15

Hurray for good doctors.

I have one too, even though it's not a people doctor but my vet.

You get major points in my furbaby mom book when your emergency after hours contact number is your PERSONAL NUMBER and you call back almost immediately after receiving my message. You win my loyalty forever when you are clearly trying not to be visibly upset there is nothing you can do to help your patient. So thank you to Sunbury Veterinary Clinic for making last night as bearable as possible, considering.

Extra props for telling us that we can settle up later instead of dealing with the expense right then. And they wonder why we gave them cookies.

TashMonster
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TashMonster » 02/18/15

To KIA!

For hosting me at her adorable little apartment for the weekend and being just overall awesome. For taking me to the most AMAZING fondue restaurant I've ever been to for Valentine's Day (in fact the only fondue restaurant I've ever been to...) and getting pizza and cupcakes and watching lots and lots of Avatar and just generally showing me an absolutely wonderful time and even letting me crash at her apartment for an extra night when my flight home got cancelled by the weather.

I <3 you, my KiaMonster!

Vela
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Vela » 02/19/15

Kudos to small things ^ ^ I have a few days off in a row and that means I get to sleep in, home is squeaky clean, all bills and utilities are up to date, and it's one month closer to spring.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 02/19/15

Vela wrote:Kudos to small things ^ ^ I have a few days off in a row and that means I get to sleep in, home is squeaky clean, all bills and utilities are up to date, and it's one month closer to spring.
Does that mean it is almost pony picture time?

Vela
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Vela » 02/20/15

Slipps wrote:
Vela wrote:Kudos to small things ^ ^ I have a few days off in a row and that means I get to sleep in, home is squeaky clean, all bills and utilities are up to date, and it's one month closer to spring.
Does that mean it is almost pony picture time?
As soon as all the snow is gone and she looks less like a woolly mammoth I'll post some pictures of her :mrgreen: we're going back to school! One Tuesday a month at 7pm there's a special class that deals with ex racers like her, so I booked us in for the spring term. Evening class for the hippo horse :wink: I'll have to pack her a lunchbox and an apple for teacher, hehe.

GloomPixie
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by GloomPixie » 02/21/15

Unicorn's Garden and Merimask...and artisans in general.

1) I damaged a piece of jewelry from the former and the artisan was totally about getting the piece back so she can assess the damage, make repairs as needed, and learn how to improve her work. This is the second trauma this particular ring has suffered - the first was it getting crushed to my hand at a temp gig in December. A local jeweler with smiths on site hammered it back true (forged silver is apparently super forgiving), so it didn't need shipping off then. Now the stone is out and the setting is jacked, so off it goes to its maker, who will make sure it is fit to face the world before it comes home again.

2) This is the second time I've contracted with Merimask for a portrait mask, and she was wonderfully compassionate both times. I know she'll capture my handsome old man with the same care and attention she gave to Miyoshi's mask.

I am a huge advocate of small business artisan crafts, and the above is just reaffirmation of my decisions.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 02/21/15

To this new supplement we got for the cats' arthritis, Cosequin with boswellia. It's working so well, my cat is running and hopping again, instead of limping and crying when he moves. I'm so happy!

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 02/26/15

To the picture lady at the DMV. She was super nice and tried to make sure I got the best picture possible.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 03/01/15

I injured my knee yesterday walking. Yep, that's it! I was just walking along a flat level bit of ground at the festival. I wasn't bending, twisting or stooping, just a plain normal walk. I have a talent for these things. I suggested to the entertainment director that I take it easy and just move from bench to bench so I could still interact with the patrons. (Sending me home early meant losing Mister Ree the magician and one of the town criers, as those parts are played by my husband and son.) She came up with a better solution and sent me up to the ticket room to sort, count, and bundle tickets because she didn't want me on that knee.

Thank goodness! Because once the painkiller that my husband gave me kicked in, I'm not sure what I would have said to the patrons. So today I am home, and I posted in our FB group a request that they flirt with every man in a kilt, blush at every satyr, and tell the children a story or two for me. I'm going to be missing all the fun today. Some of the responses to my post this morning were hilarious. Prince Nicholas asked, since I play the part of Mother Superior, if this directive came directly from God, and Donovan told me that he accepted and was now on a "mission from God."

<3 my fellow Rennies for brightening my spirits.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 03/02/15

Kudos to Drake who is running the CP tonight since I feel unwell. Thank you!

Lorae
Regular
Regular

Post by Lorae » 03/11/15

I would like to give a Kudos to very one here on RM. I say this because this site gives me things to read and entertainment through out a slow work day. Thank you for sharing all you do and that you for being here to be a support for those that need it. I know for sure sometimes I do ... Kudos!

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 03/12/15

Kudos to my friend who helped me figure out what the lump on my breast was when I was feeling panicky! (Nothing serious, promise, just hormones.)

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 03/13/15

Talked to my boss today, told him about my health and that I think I need to cut down to weekends or give my notice and he was excellent about it. He told me if I was his daughter he would have told me to get out due to the physical intensity of the job and the exposure.

I feel so much better.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 03/19/15

Kudos to my doctor for taking my pain seriously, and being willing to discuss various options with me. Also, yay for effective painkillers!

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 03/20/15

Kudos to my husband. Not only did he get over his dislike of change, but he also helped me paint and then suggested we do the living room when we finished the sitting room.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 03/20/15

My bleach, toner, dye, aprons, and all the necessities for my hair dying venture have arrived.

By sunday night, I shall be FABULOUSLY PINK again. I'm so excited.

I start the process saturday afternoon. Bleach. Then toner that evening (takes the orange out of bleached hair) then pink sunday morning.

The damage:

2 LARGE boxes of bleach ( We may have to run to the store for more, if insufficient. )
3 bottles of Toner
4 bottles of dye.

I used 1 box of bleach, 1 thing of toner and 2 bottles of Dye last time. But my hair wasn't quite to my shoulders then. Now it's past the middle of my back.

Melenie
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Melenie » 03/23/15

Pink is the most Evil of colors. /nod

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 04/01/15

Kudos to my lovely guild for putting up with a rather unstable mouse these past few days. I love you guys, promise, I am not leaving you.

Tajar
Resident
Resident

Post by Tajar » 04/01/15

*Hugs Slipps tight* Nope, you're not going anywhere!

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 04/01/15

/hugs Slipps adding some duct tape... Nope nope... you are not going anywhere, Lady! You are stuck with us!