Re: The Kudos Spam Thread Part the 2nd!

Post by Morenin » 04/01/15

*hugs Slipps*

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 04/11/15

Thank the powers that be for Advil and Tylenol. Sweet, sweet relief.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 04/13/15

To Tash!

I landed in New Hampshire with a pretty awesome case of the sicks. Tash took the best care of me, let me rest up, fed me all sorts of yummy food and generally just spoiled me rotten.

Tash rocks.

<3

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 04/13/15

My daddy arrives Wednesday morning! So excited!

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

The Kudos Spam Thread Part the 2nd!

Post by Sibelle » 04/13/15

Double kudos for today..

I gave my notice some weeks ago but told my boss I would work weekends until he had a replacement due to my health that was even a stretch for me but I did not want to leave them high and dry.

One morning I woke up in misery and I wasn't sure my Meds were going to be enough so I texted my coworker warning him in advance and he cussed me out and accused me of being sick on a "harder" day and then said "sorry we don't have work for you anymore." This was after demanding me to tell him right then if I couldn't make it or not - when I had told him I was warning him in case Meds failed.

He was always volatile and aggressive so it wasn't that shocking but it was completely inappropriate.

Being worn down physically and emotionally this was hard for me to deal with but in the back of my mind I couldn't imagine my boss sanctioning such a thing. I told him I didn't want to speak to anyone but my boss and that he was absolutely out of line but never got a call..

Then a few grapevine rumors filtered through and told me that he had told them that I had worked out my two weeks. Which I hadn't I was always willing to work the weekends til we got someone even if that was 6 weeks.

So I decided to text my boss explaining this after receiving a text from the jackass about me being charged for them to change the locks - my boss would never do such a thing he knew 100% about my medical shit and thought I shouldn't be working in that environment at all.

He had no idea he had "fired" me and he was livid. I told him what he did and how his behavior was when other people weren't present. I don't know what he will do but I suspect since this guy had NO authority to fire me and cussing me out is way out of line in a job environment that his ass is on the line.

The unfortunate thing is that he leased his apartment from my boss and firing him in the past has been difficult despite us all knowing he has broken into the hospital twice and stole 2,000 dollars.

While stealing pet supplies on the sly the entire time, cussing his team out and acting aggressively all the time. He's shown up drunk after hours on the weekend.. The list goes on.

I suspect he's not going to be there long but I know how difficult a situation this puts my boss in.

I'm going to get my check this week and drop off the key. I hope he gets what he deserves.

This is kudos because my boss was horrified and told me he wasn't going to allow it to happen to someone else.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 04/13/15

We got the house! We move in June at latest, once the floors are redone. OMG now I have to start packing...

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 04/28/15

Kudos to my husband. He doubled the width of our vegetable garden and built a deck with the urbanite we had sitting by our sheds. A fresh coat of paint and some wood stain, and it'll be the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 05/06/15

To the Sprint and Apple stores!

My phone has been nothing but a headache since I bought it. I've taken it into an authorized dealer twice, to have them look at it, because I figured Sprint logo, authorized dealer, they should give me the time of day, right? No. Both times they just looked at it, ran a couple of tests and told me it was normal for a new phone battery to shed 50% of it's juice in a couple of hours of hanging out doing nothing with it. It would get really hot, like to the point that it was uncomfortable while typing, etc etc.

So, today I notice that the glass front is bowing and that I can see the light bits inside. It's in BAD shape, especially for a year old phone. I head over to the official Sprint store, not really expecting much, but still hopeful. I walk in, and before I can even get into the trouble I've had with the phone, the guy takes a look at it, sees the bend in the glass and tells me that it needs to be replaced, because the battery is swelling and defective. He checks my account, still under warranty by 10 days. He tells me I can either wait the 7-10 days for them to get it (it's a past model, so it's back ordered), or I can hop over to the Apple store and they'll replace it, no questions, no cost.

I take the Apple store option. I get to the Apple store (which is SUPER awesome and FULL of things I wanted to play with!), get checked in by someone who sees me walking through the door (it's in a really nice mall, and busy in the afternoon), then sent over to another guy to talk to him. He tells me I can probably get with someone to have a look over the phone at noon, which would be a 20 minute wait. I kind of hmmmm a bit, then he tells me he could get me right in with a gentleman who had just walked up to the service bar. I do that, and within 20 minutes of walking in the store, I was walking out with a brand new phone, all set to install my backup as soon as I was on wifi (I could have stayed in the store and let it finish, but... work). I even got to go through the process of wiping the old phone of all of my data, before handing it over. Best. Experience. Ever.

I now have a brand new version of my phone that made it over an hour without losing 1% of it's battery and doesn't get super hot to touch when it's charging!

P.S. The Apple store is like a playground of gadgets and gizmos! I want to go play there....

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 05/06/15

This morning when I awoke in severe pain and uneasy nightmares, my brother was tumbling end over end in an accident on his way to work. The report is that he rolled at least four times. Still not sure exactly what happened, he remembers nothing of the incident himself. Someone called Gnaw, I presume the police as the ER where they took him made a point of calling her to let her know he lived, should be okay, and was being cared for shortly after. She and my daughter headed to the hospital they took him. Ayenn suffered a broken sternum, a deep bruise on his neck, I presume from his seatbelt, and much relieved ribbing from us about trying to fly his car to work. He is in great pain, stuck overnight in the hospital far from home, and greatly assured that we all love him.

My kudos is for those first responders and witnesses who reached him first, for the staff of the Peoria OSF where they took him, for my Dolly who stuck with her aunt all day and helped relay news to the rest of us, and for Gnaw herself. I should also include my older son for the inevitable rock he was, and will be, over the next few days.

GloomPixie
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by GloomPixie » 05/07/15

*HUGS* SO glad he's OK!

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 05/07/15

This creature. I got video of one of the 6 southern rays I saw yesterday.. on my phone, so the quality isn't the best. But I had to share!

phpBB [media]

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 05/08/15

Kudos to the staff of Banner Medical. They were quick, pleasant and professional. One of my nurses was a student, and it was his last day. (He graduates next week.) The doctor handed me my cardiologist and surgeon referrals and arranged to give me all my records to give my regular doctors, and he explained everything to me with a genuine smile.

As a side note, apparently if you come into the ER complaining of a tightness in your chest and it being hard to get in a full breath, there is no wait. They just whisk you right to the back and start hooking wires all over your torso.

Beth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Beth » 05/18/15

My wonderful Husband starts his new job today, thismorning and it is within walking distance of our apartment

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 05/18/15

To life, to Tash, to family and to happiness.

I just got back from an amazing weekend in Tampa with family and Tash. We laughed so hard our sides hurt, we ate great food and went to a concert that wasn't exactly my usual type of music, but was still a great experience.

It's these kinds of things that remind me that life really is great. I'm looking so forward to the rest of forever.

Also, a little kudos to my new doctor. She actually seems interested in helping me dig to the bottom of my health issues. We're just at the start of things, but she's seriously the first doctor that I look forward to working with.

And last, but not least, to friends. I've never really kept a close group of friends, but I'm starting to realize that I actually do have some at this point in my life, and it's a great feeling!

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 05/19/15

Phone interview.

I made myself sick with anxiety before it. But owned it like a boss (I think) even though I was on the verge of tears before hand. At the very least the worst I did was ramble on a little.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 05/20/15

I got the job! Working at home again doing CS work!

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 05/20/15

Yay, Sib!

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 05/25/15

Words from a friend when I was moping over how I felt like I was in a box, having no great talent for STEM. "Well, get out of it." Touche...

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 06/09/15

Pain killer. Tonight would be unbearable agony due to extensive dental work without it.

Jerath
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Jerath » 06/10/15

She probably won't see this... but massive Kudos to my wife.

(Yes, I'm married now. Yes, it's Auv for those who remember us. ;) )

I decided I wanted to record Let's Play's for a hobby, and she fully supported me on that. Of course, the problem with that was the simple fact my gaming laptop was getting long in the tooth, and the best acoustics for recording are downstairs. So I had to keep lugging my heavy-ass tower PC up and down the stairs, which kept making my back issues flair up.

So she encouraged and even HELPED me cost out a PC for downstairs.

Now I have a streaming/recording/editing PC in the living room, and my desktop got a nice upgrade (old parts went in the PC downstairs since it's more than enough for what I want!). I just... can't believe I found someone that supports me so much in my hobbies.

It's awesome beyond words.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 06/10/15

Kudos to my family. They've been incredibly supportive and loving. I may not live close enough to my aunts to visit, but they make sure I keep informed on all the latest news, like my cousin Annie's graduation or cousin Scott's new baby.

Beth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Beth » 06/11/15

To my husband...who went out to sonic last night in spite of his exhaustedness and got me a strawberry cheesecake milkshake. Double kudos to the fact that it isn't his favorite flavour and knew he would be finishing it for me. Triple kudos due to the hard work he put in getting our apartment into shape.

To one of my exes, who was awesome and hugged me and agreed to come to my wedding and things are not weird between us, like they are with another of my exes who I wish wasn't weird because I honestly like him as a person. Anyways, kudos for the Scottsman.

Kudos to my old playmate Shadow who now has a wonderful new girlfriend and she's super nice and very good for him. I can not say how glad I am that he is happy.

And kudos to the used bookstore my husband took me to and the box of books I have to read through. Some I've read and loved, most I haven't but I'm going through them slowly because my hands hurt to hold the books.

And a good pain day on monday meant I could colour. I have lots of new colouring books but haven't had a chance to colour due to having issues holding the pencils.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 06/28/15

Kudos to my family. Without the help of my husband and daughter, I'm not sure we'd have gotten my stepson's room properly cleaned in time for him to come home to a cat-dander-free room. I do have scrapes all over the back of my knuckles though... from sifting through stuff to find and save all his little Legos.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 07/11/15

My daughter has a pretty nasty ear infection. Yeah, that's a sling, but the kudos is her response.

"I wish there could be like... Some magical gnome-thing and when you pray to it, it sneaks in your house at night, whacks you on the head with a stick, and then the stick takes away your disease, and when you wake up, there's a box of assorted doughnuts next to you that you can finally eat since you aren't sick anymore. I could use one of those right now."

Kudos to my daughter for finding a way to laugh (and being completely random) when she so obviously feels like crud.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 07/13/15

To my son (the one staying here at the moment), my new room is livable! It is 95% done, but I have walls, a new bed frame with cubby holes for stuff at a better height for me, a new ceiling fan... There is still stuff to be done, but I am in here, and mostly unpacked.

For his part he is grateful I am not a perfectionist harpy, there is a bit of 'make do' in here, yet for a house of this age, and to accomplish what we planned, I'll take it and gladly.