Post by Jerath » 07/23/15

Kudos to the EQ2 dev team.

It's so nice to be messing around in Queen's Colony on the Stormhold server. :D

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Re: The Kudos Spam Thread Part the 2nd!

Post by Sibelle » 08/01/15

This is one of those 'not quite sure where to put' things.

On one hand, it is a sling. It is a sling it has taken over 10 years for my father to see my half sister. A young lady I have never had the pleasure of meeting myself. Just recently they met up in Dallas because finally, her mother really started to see the value of a relationship with her actual father and myself. In other shocking news, she apologized to my mother for this.

I cried a lot seeing the pictures. For years... since he left them really, I have tried to urge my dad to work on that relationship and do better for her than he did for me in those years and he didn't really succeed. I was 14 when he came back into my life too.

So I saw these pictures and lots of crying. Because he's not well and my parents were fighting some, so I was worried that he may move elsewhere instead of down here like he talked about. I love my father, he may not be the best father out there. But we have a good adult friendship and it kills me that he is so sick and in a position so far away that we cannot help.

Well, something about that visit and maybe his other ex-wife telling him the same shit we have may have helped. He's moving down here, dumping his agent and I will be assisting him at conventions most likely.

And I, for the first time in 13 years have a legitimate chance at meeting my sister. It's shocking and it is still sinking in how big of a deal this is. I knew, as she got older I could email her, I could talk to her and the two of us could build our relationship separate of our parents. But getting to potentially meet her long before that? That's priceless. We have a 12 year age difference and it's been as if I am slowly watching a person I'll never get to meet fade away, knowing I am not a part of her life while she's a child.

Now, I at least have a chance to meet her as a young woman becoming an adult and a chance to be a different influence in her life.

The whole travelling the country with my dad doing work with him is not a bad thought either.

Still, I cry every time I look at the photos. How much they mean to me despite the fact I am not there, but just seeing that my dad got to see her.. I feel like a wuss. But she's my only blood sibling! I consider her half-sister and my step-sister my sister as well. Though I have not seen her since she was 4 years old and now she is 19 and married.

Kudos to people making up and a possible future in which both my father and myself are a part of my sister's life in a bigger way.

/Gushing mode off

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 08/01/15

Kudos to my kitty. I've been really sick all day and he's been napping right next to me the whole time.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/02/15

Kudos to my husband, who is currently zonked out after an exhausting weekend. We went camping! We spent that time unplugged from electronics and the internet, and it was glorious! There were s'mores and toasting marshmallows, chili, archery, bacon for breakfast, games of hide-and-seek and tag. I lost myself in a Stephanie Plum novel.

It was really nice to just get away form it all.

Alarice
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Alarice » 08/04/15

Jerath wrote:Kudos to the EQ2 dev team.

It's so nice to be messing around in Queen's Colony on the Stormhold server. :D
This! Having a blast revisiting some character quirks.

Beth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Beth » 08/04/15

Kitten Sightings released 70+ new 'basic' collars yesterday. I missed the initial flood but in the remnants, there was a royal blue with dark blue satin and velvet ribbon collar. I may have squee'd and jumped around the room. I'm trying to build a set of Ingress Resistance Kitten wear. We are getting Dayton SWORD shirts (we're honorary members even though I live in Dallas now) and I'll have ears, tail and ribbon collar to go smish the froggies that infest my town. They outnumber us like 5 to 1 but it's fun to try!

In other news, we have an awesome rep at ATT who is working with us on our issues with our crappy dsl. She's managed to solve our synch issues but the only solution she has to the fact that at 'prime time' our speeds drop to dial up was to increase our mobile data. I use it to tether my laptop to my tablet, and play games and husband can eek out enough bandwidth to watch netflix. I expected games to take huge amounts of bandwidth but a solid weekend of Rift was only about 300 megs. Oh. She also wrote off our old dsl modem and they don't want it back. I took a sledgehammer to it yesterday. Husband had no idea what was going on. I was all like I'm using the sledgehammer for it's intended purpose *cackle* and he was like uh.... what are you destroying? But cracking the case on that Pace piece of shit may have been the most satisfying thing I've done all week and I had an amazing steak that was immensely satisfying it has to compete with. When I came back in Husband was like, "Feel better?" and I was all like, "I left half of it intact for you to destroy!!!"

Our apartment AC went out on Sunday. This is concerning because it's Dallas in August which means over 100 degrees. Our unit froze up, and when it was obvious nothing we could do could get it to limp on till Monday morning (these apartments literally have 2 windows and a deck door and they are not designed to have the AC broken) she got an AC tech out here at 830 pm to repair it. By the next morning our apartment was a freezing 71 again and I was back huddling in shawl, pants and fingerless glove while husband is basking in the cold. But this happened in May and for it to lose that much coolant in less than 3 months is a very bad thing. It means there is heap big hole somewhere and unit needs replacing.

Lysari
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lysari » 08/07/15

The auto body place fixed my car a whole week faster than they said they would get it done! Uber impressed with them and their service.

Scrattch
Resident
Resident

Post by Scrattch » 08/08/15

To my wife...

Who proves a most worthy opponent on those rare occasions when we quarrel, and has the grace to forgive me after.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 08/19/15

My aunt is splitting my phone bill with me so we can have a more reliable smartphone in the house since I use it for the family so often. My used Sprint S3 prepaid is sputtering along and may die at any time, so a T-mobile S5 is on the way. I'm excited, it's supposed to be really reliable!

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 08/20/15

My new computer is on the FedEx truck on the way here. I'm so excited. I haven't had a new computer in at least five or six years, and this old one has so many dead parts to it. (CD drive, one of my hard drives, my graphics card overheats a lot now, etc.)

I'll be able to play Landmark properly now. *squee*

Jetamyo
Regular
Regular

Post by Jetamyo » 08/20/15

To the doctors in this town who actually seem interested in finding out what is wrong with you instead of throwing random pills at you to make you go away.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/20/15

Hubby has been taking my first full week of school (and my subsequent crabbiness at not being in my lab for the first week) all in stride. He's also been waiting at the door with a spray bottle and an ice-cold drink to help me cool down after driving home under an extreme heat advisory.

Best. Husband. Ever.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/27/15

Kudos to the new math lab teacher!

The upper grade's previous math lab teacher moved on to a new position, and the new one has finally gone through the last of her background checks and the approval process. She trained with me in my lab all day yesterday, and today, I bounced back and forth between the two labs to make sure she was settling in well and had everything she needed. Granted, she barely looks older than my son, but she's smart, tech savvy, and assertive, which is very much needed with the older students. It's needed with the younger students as well, but you can't put a 6th grader in a 5-minute time-out behind his chair. Crisscross Applesauce just doesn't work on them.

With her help, I was able to finish setting up the last of my computers with links, printers, the works. No longer will I have to hear, "This one doesn't have a link on it! When are you going to get the links finished?"

Beth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Beth » 08/29/15

EEEEEE. I finally have Savriel art of LIllya!!!!!

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 08/30/15

Do not read this post if you dislike "sophomoric" outpourings of love. You have been warned. Incoming sappy post...

My beautiful man,

It seems only fitting that I write this here, considering we first met in EQ2, and the folks of the RM played their part in bringing us together. I know it's "Unplugged Day," but I won't have time to write this before work tomorrow. I'm writing it now while you sleep, knowing that you won't read it until tomorrow morning.

It was Plato who wrote that humans originally had four arms, four legs, and one head with two faces. The gods were angry with them but still wanted tribute, so they split the humans in half, making the humans miserable. Apollo rebuilt their bodies, leaving their navel as the only indication of what had happened. From then on, humans longed for the other half of their souls. They say that, when two halves of the same soul finally meet, there is an unspoken understanding. They feel whole again, and they know no greater joy than that.

That is how it was when I really met you for the first time. I knew in an instant; you knew just as quickly as I did. There are no words to describe that feeling. You just... know.

It's two years later, and our 2nd anniversary comes tomorrow. Two years later, and I still love you as much if not more than I did the first day we met. You are the other half of my soul and the love of my life. Every day, I poke fun and crack stupid jokes until I can see your smile. It brightens the room when you smile. Did you know that? Every morning, I like to watch you sleep and brush my fingers through your hair before I get ready for my day. Every evening, I like to curl up in your arms as I drift off to sleep.

I am so very blessed and fortunate to be with you. I love you. Happy Anniversary.

Beth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Beth » 08/30/15

So my cookbooks were stolen from me. This was bad as they were gifts. I found all 4 on amazon used. Including shipping 17.00. I am thus verily pleased

Beth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Beth » 08/30/15

My husband took me to Belk. It is like a Macys. I needed makeup, and because i was that nervous got them to get a second chair so he could sit next to me and ok all the colors. The hardest was foundation as my skin is so pale it was hard to match. I choked on the price of everything and he told me that good makeup costs and that i would not want bad makeup in that weather. I now possess everything minus maskara and an eye pencil. I cant stand shit near or in my eyes and sitting through the eyeshadow was hard enough.

when it was done and i looked in the mirror i wasvamazed. It only looked like i was wearing lipstick but all my features were subtly but distinctly enhanced. My husband tells me I am beautiful and gorgeous all the time. For the first time I felt that way. It was a very liberating feeling

GloomPixie
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by GloomPixie » 08/31/15

Makeup is amazing. I would encourage you to make return trips to continue to learn. :)

Kudos to an incredible weekend full of seriously metal things such as Valkyries weaving the fate of the battle with entrails. And things made of metal.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 09/08/15

Many, many years ago my family left Washington state. 9 years to be precise. At that time, we shared a storage unit with a family friend. After years of paying we couldn't, she moved all the stuff into a smaller unit and then into a a part of her house. We paid when we could but at some point told her to keep what she wanted and get rid of the rest as she saw fit.

She got rid of things like furniture (because who, after 9 years is coming back for a dresser.. no one). But despite us all thinking the rest was gone. It was not.

Tonight we found out she has a small horde of boxes, of family photos, of my dad's artwork, of my childhood belongings and toys, of documents, some books.. things that were personal.

Including a painting my dad did for a game that was never released that he painted me into, as a little girl. In the 90s. I thought that was GONE.

Turns out, despite working on selling the art (with our consent, although some of it is worthless) she had hung onto this one framed piece because she knew the story behind it. What she did not know, was that the painting was also basically worthless itself. We had it framed for sentimental reasons. But she wouldn't know that, she only knew we paid to have this thing framed nicely at one point and that it was of me. She kept that thing wrapped up and knew what it meant.

Now, all the rest, the photos.. that all means a lot. But that's something I never thought I would see again. I thought it had been sold BEFORE going into storage because my dad sold a lot of framed paintings out of desperation once.

It's safe. She still has it. I'm stunned and elated that I get it back after -9- years. She hauled our sentimental crap we were too broke to have shipped to us around for 9 years. 9 years!

Who does that? A really good friend does, apparently.

We are helping her sell some of the valuable paintings because she's having a hard time, and getting our stuff shipped to us because we are for the first time in 9 years able to work on doing that.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 09/10/15

My husband has done his best to make my birthday a good one, in spite of half the family being sick with the crud. I have pomegranate infused chocolate, and he bought me fresh herbs for our garden. The Thai basil smells so wonderful!

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 10/06/15

Work released a very terrible patch. One that broke it pretty fantastically thus generating a lot of extra support requests. Which is actually good because I didn't get enough hours naturally this month due to the fact I was really in a bad way during scheduling.
Right now, we're getting tons of extra hours for this week which is great and I've taken a bunch. I'm working 60 hours this week alone.

And selfishly I really want this to continue into next week, even though I've hit my minimum required for every week they aren't ideal I want more hours, but none are available on our regular shifts that I'm not already scheduled for. And I've taken my least favorite shifts some weeks to make minimum. I really could use extra money and these are very easy tickets. Very recently they lowered our minimum hr requirement and we have had the bare minimum of tickets lately too.

So I'm kind of relieved for job security sake as well as being able to shine, since I'm very productive and beating everyone into the dust with my numbers when we have this many tickets. (I do that anyway, but when you have 10k requests and are answering things from days ago.. the person doing the most to bring that number down is going to get positive recognition, especially since I am answering them correctly when people are still confused over wtf to do. While other people are complaining of being slow due to the fact they're not handling new information well and they are slow anyway.. I am consistently beating numbers by a large margin. To the point that, in some cases I am doing twice as much as other people per hour.

So a minor slings to the fact that I will be tired. But kudos to this actually saving my butt in terms of getting a decent paycheck instead of a crappier than usual one next month.

TashMonster
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TashMonster » 10/11/15

To Kia! Kia makes me happy! She's taking care of me while I'm injured/sick, and is doing a great job, and even making sure my stubborn butt follows ALL the doctor's instructions!

Kia is best nurse =)

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 10/28/15

I applied for an awesome job I'd really like today. Thank you to Sibelle, Arybella and Maethor for checking my cover letter and resume!

GloomPixie
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by GloomPixie » 10/30/15

To a relentlessly kickass season at ORF.

Also the new ownership of the festival.

And my Faire Daughters. And Bethy.

And everything is awesome right now.

Scrattch
Resident
Resident

Post by Scrattch » 11/03/15

Major kudos to my lovely wife, who went with me to deal with the aftermath of my half-sister's assault on my mother.
She really didn't have to, but came for moral support anyway, despite working a full day- not feeling that great and being dead out on her feet.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this woman?