The Kudos Spam Thread Part the 2nd!

Chat about anything and everything
Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Re: The Kudos Spam Thread Part the 2nd!

Post by Sibelle » 11/25/15

New, bigger monitor. I still may set up two. Unsure. We'll have to see how I feel about it.

This is a kudos too, but a bit more serious - my dad is in detox as of today which means my thanksgiving is next week not this week. He's diabetic, has high blood pressure and a host of other issues but recently became an alcoholic and because his health became an issue again it finally made him face it.

He was not an angry, or destructive drunk. He was very happy, talkative.. which made it hard to convince him to get help. Ultimately his health decided that, though he had been working towards it.

It just sucks because I know it's going to suck for him in there and I can't see him for a few days.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 11/26/15

To TASH!

Yesterday was our one year anniversary. We went out to Outback for a steak dinner, followed by a concert. Kamelot and Dragonforce were AMAZING! I will be going to every Kamelot concert that comes anywhere near us. Seriously, if you like their music and they have a date near you, just do yourself a favor and GO.

Today is the friends Thanksgiving party. I was told I'd be bringing a turkey, because apparently people love my cooking. Tash helped keep me sane while I was trying to juggle turkey prep in our little kitchen.

This first year has been interesting, full of fun experiences and also one for the records. It'll be that sort of thing that we can look back on in a year or two and just giggle about and smile about the memories. We have the start of an amazing life, full of what we need with a healthy sprinkling of what we want.

I really couldn't ask for more, so major kudos to Tash!

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 11/26/15

Sunbutter sandwiches are SO delicious!

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 11/27/15

Patience does seem to be a virtue. For all the frustration of the last six months at work, I was taken aside by management and promoted to full-time employment.

Kudos to Progress!
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 12/09/15

Minor sling because I scheduled a tech appt with Comcast at 10 am and he showed up at 7:30 and caught me outside zombie walking my dog...but he was nice and did the work despite us having just woke up.

Apparently not one of the outdoor connections to my house has been touched... in 20 years.

He gave me all new parts outside and gave me a massive credit as well as fixing the settings on my modem...

And everything he did inside he did with my dog on his lap lol.

I still look like a walking dead extra but now I can go back to sleep and not worry about when he's coming over :)

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 12/17/15

Did a meet and greet with a dentist who exceeded my expectations in the sympathetic and non-judgmental departments. Years of heavy medication and health troubles have done me no favors and while it's a long, expensive road.. she's with me and working out a plan. Cut off half of my fee today for x-rays and diagnostics and exam. Which helps.

Still one of the most anxiety inducing, stressful experiences one can have and I cried. But I expected the worst and got the best kind of supportive response, way more than I could have asked for.

Which helps me have a more positive outlook on my life since before it was a huge, terrible thing I felt was insurmountable and she made me feel like we can do it.

I feel like I can breathe a bit better now.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 12/24/15

Several kudos!

Saw Star Wars in my new Hoodie! Thank you, wonderful lady! (You know who you are!)

We are getting a second puppy! Because we're nuts..

Our new couch arrived in time for christmas and it is the most comfortable couch I have ever experienced. So comfy, it's basically become a giant pet bed.. It's also gorgeous but um, pet people so there's a sheet over it!

My dad got me a new tablet for christmas. A bigger one that also responds to my touch! This is also a kudos to Ainaree, for gifting me an old tablet that tided me over until I was able to get one of my own. I'm a very happy person right now.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 12/28/15

Kudos to Diera. My internet took a powder not long after her stream of the Doctor Who Christmas episode had begun. It leveled out after Call of the Midwife had started. She was nice enough to show DW again after Downton Abbey's Christmas episode. Not being finished until just before this posting. Got to see it all smooth as glass.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Rahfel
Resident
Resident

Post by Rahfel » 12/29/15

Worked my first ever overtime today, and it didn't suck!! WOOOOOOO!

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 12/31/15

Kudos to my therapist, who always listens to my concerns. She's switched my medicines up to try and stabilize me, and I feel more like myself already.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 02/08/16

Kudos to my husband who always knows the right thing to say when I need him most.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 02/15/16

To TASH!!

Beast 3.0 is now alive and running slick and fast on an SSD for the OS, with a sweet new case and all purple LED fans. She looks wicked awesome and runs like a champ! Upgraded to Windows 10 (it's really nice!) and all the bells and whistles. I am beyond thrilled with how this all worked out!

Also, Red Wings v Bruins game live, such a fun Valentines date! We ate pizza in the stands while we watched a seriously fun game. ELEVEN GOALS scored, it was so awesome! We also had a great section of fans, mixed Bruins and Red Wings.

And of course... Deadpool, Friday night in the comfy recliners at our favorite theater! Oh.. and ice cream out with Tash, TashMom and TashDad after my ice hockey game was cancelled for a high school tournament.

Just best weekend ever!

Lysari
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lysari » 02/29/16

Kudos to Slipps and the other VK members who took poor Lys out on Saturday and got her some much needed dungeon grouping experience. She's officially level 99 now and growing!

Thanks!!

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 02/29/16

My dental surgeon called me this morning to ask if I can come in earlier so she can have "even more time to do as much as possible."

The way it was phrased suggests to me my surgery will be longer because she decided to do more for me regardless of finances in one run.

Which is great and terrifying because it was already going to be 4 hours. Still, she's awesome.

Kiarryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kiarryn » 04/11/16

To Tash, Tash's Mom and Tash's Dad!

I got a text message today saying that SEVEN pieces of my jewelry sold. Tash has been supporting my climb towards being a solid artisan and Tash's Mom and Dad are having fun marketing my pieces locally. I'm just tickled pink that my stuff is loved so much!

Ellinor
Visitor

Post by Ellinor » 05/08/16

Kudos to those very few, very rare, true friends. The kind who stand by you when you're at your worst, when you truly need someone, when you haven't been the best of people because of what you're going through. But they stay there, talk to you, listen, encourage you no matter what. You may have met them once in person or never at all beyond online chats, but they've been truer friends than anyone you've seen every day for months or years.

Yeah, kudos to those few people. <3

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 06/11/16

This summer, I have driven by myself through the downtown business district of a major city during rush hour traffic (and I have severe traffic anxiety). I have passed three major tests. My son has graduation high school, and I've successfully gotten him enrolled into college. I made it to the gym every day this week and stayed there for a full workout each day. Best yet? My new summer/holiday job is a work-at-home position. No driving, no gas expenses or car repairs, no getting stuck in traffic.

I'm giving myself a kudos this time, and I'm taking a break from daily craziness to play a video game. Maybe I'll play EQ2! I just hope I can remember HOW to play.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 07/14/16

Over a month without a kudos? That should be a sling...

But!

Kudos to My Jacks, even if he insists on laying across my arms, on my shoulders, in my lap, on my stomach... darn cat :) His affection helps, as does his warmth and his presence at night when I am prone to nightmares. He relaxes me, and in a very cat way makes it clear when I should lie down and at least try to sleep.

I will miss him while I am on my trip.

Also, I am mostly packed! New luggage holds everything I need, or think I will need. Have my passport, tickets, health forms, and next week get the rest of my meds to last the whole time. Everything is zipping up nicely and I am so excited!!

Ceela
Regular
Regular

Post by Ceela » 07/15/16

TO my guildmates for helping my finish a flipping story arc that always ended up pushed off for one reason or another.

Tariyel
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Tariyel » 07/15/16

Slipps, Rocky will let you know when to nap too :) The other two wait until you are asleep then burrow into any nooks and crannies you may have created. You know, anywhere that's NOT the whole empty side of the bed lol

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 07/17/16

Kudos to my husband! He not only rearranged the bedroom, but he also went through some stuff and got rid of a lot of it. I know that was a very hard thing for him to do because some of it belonged to his first wife. Sitting room, living room, bedroom, kitchen & dining... The house is slowly feeling more and more like OUR home, a place where I no longer feel drowned out by things that aren't me (if that makes any sense at all).

Illiatris
Visitor

Post by Illiatris » 07/27/16

Posting on a less well-known account w/minimal post history as my main one has lots of incriminating details about my personal life..

My dad was given an NPC in a VERY popular MMO for his contributions to the nerd community as an artist and a personality. It has given me a place to go visit him, which I did not have previously due to the fact he asked to be cremated.

He was an enormous fan and I am over the moon about this. It was exactly what I would have wanted if I could have asked. But my heart hurts so, so much, knowing he never got to see it.

Lillya
Resident
Resident

Post by Lillya » 08/18/16

To Tomias. Because <3

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 08/29/16

Thank heavens for Ben Gay.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 10/06/16

To the kind soul that must have overheard me ranting in Walgreens about how they never sell bags of flavored tootsie rolls, just bags of crap that happen to have a couple flavored tootsie rolls in them for $15.

I walked in today and they had bags of flavored tootsie rolls. Yes I am a weirdo that likes flavored tootsie rolls. When I was a kid there was a tiny grocery store on the corner of my block when I lived next to my friend Daniel and they had a giant barrel that was always full of them and you could buy them individually for 5c a piece.

It has seriously broken my heart for years that finding flavored tootsie rolls has been so difficult. I feel like a crazy person if I order bags online.