Beyond the Fugue

Ongoing roleplay and fiction.
Maelgrym
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Beyond the Fugue

Post by Maelgrym » 03/11/16

Ambiance -https://www.tunescoop.com/play/31323735 ... x-long-mp3

The normally heavy door that seals in the fumes of the Nerian establishment is completely obscured by a wall of living flesh. Orbs and maws float about the surface of the living construct in a myriad of racial sensory organs: Dal and Human and Goblinoid (Ogre/Troll). The door lies buried beneath the ghastly organism, preventing entry. Beyond the physical, the entirety of the Fugue seems to be warded against perception or teleportation into the facility.

With the advent of Neriak's newly established duchy (D'Lothrin), the city guards no longer are allowed entry unless requested or ordered directly by the Queen, so the issue does not appear to have been addressed yet. The few citizens wandering the streets this evening give the facility wide berth.

Two candle-marks from the deepest night, a pair of watchmen appear wearing the crest of the D'Lothrin upon their cloaks. Both are obviously tier'dal, but beyond the similarities end. The large male is clad in ebon plate, twin swords crossing his back. His companion is a much smaller female robed in Vesspryian drapery sporting a simple, diamond tipped wand at her belt.

| THEXIAN |

Male: What the vith is it? Slowly, the warrior pulls his blade. His actions seem deliberate and cautious as he studies the pulsating door.

Female: I can not ascertain enough about it without a sample. The damn wards are impairing my divinations. Get me a piece of it.

Obviously displeased with the order, the male merely nods and approaches the abomination. With deft precision, the dark elf strikes. It takes merely a breath of time for the event to unfold from there. As the razors slice the vile flesh, ichor sprays out from the wounds in a wide arch. The warrior's body shields his ally from the bulk of the spray; he quickly turns his back to the portal and starts to kneel and empty the contents of his stomach into the street.

The mage shakes her head and begins to laugh. It is short lived. The coughing becomes exaggerated and drawn out to the point that bones and bits of the fighter's organs begin to appear in the swelling pool beneath his mouth. The elf falls face first dead, his body festering and decomposing quickly where it lay.

The female's string of curses cut the air as she begins to access the portal with a new respect...

Ceela
Regular
Regular

Re: Beyond the Fugue

Post by Ceela » 03/12/16

Ceela trudged tiredly through the city. She had had an exhausting day. Why her Neriak clients waited until they were at death's door to seek treatment, she would never understand. Between her work and her stalker, She needed to unwind and relax away from it all.

The lovely blonde koada'dal slipped through the city streets, headed towards The Fugue, she certainly could use the relaxing mists. She looked forward to it with anticipation...... until she heard the loud invective from the female in front of its doors. She stopped, staring. There was ...a body? She thinks that is what the pile of festering flesh and armor (?) was. The building was covered in a wall of horrifying flesh.."Dear gods, what in the hells happened here? "

Rahfel
Resident
Resident

Post by Rahfel » 03/12/16

Wrapped in a cloak of silk colored to beshame even the richest of bloodwines in color, the tall figure glided--much less strode--toward the door to the establishment known as the Fugue. It stopped just short of the door at seeing the pestilent fleshy entity that appeared to be holding a vigilant sort of post in the very entryway. Rahfel relinquished his gold-embroidered hood with a gentle sigh.
"Ouh dear...not open tonight, I see." He spoke to creature in a respectful tone; oddly not seeming phased by its relatively grotesque appearance. He stepped back a few feet more(not that he'd strayed too close in the first place) allowing the array of sensors to see him better, and perhaps get a feel for his intentions--and the demon's stilled form standing from afar showed utterly no signs of movement and did not convey the slightest intent or interest of causing any forced entry or perpetration. "I see," he breathed, "So for now, I shall couple with the assumption that you are here to moderate, or possibly prevent entry into the Fugue--or perhaps, to keep something inside...regardless, as long as your presence here is allowed by the D'Lothrins, I shall not oppose it of course. But if it does not...I just might have to come back..."
He gave a small shake of his head before whisking off and donning his hood once more.

((OOC: pretty much sums up Rah's reaction here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g ))

Maelgrym
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Maelgrym » 03/16/16

Rahfel, familiar with some denizens of the lower planes does not register it as a recognizable entity. The creature seems static, stoically ignorant of the wrapped male's presence. Its orbs peer at the visitor, but fail to remain on him; they continue to roam and float as if unable to truly focus.

Having stepped closer to mess of the humanoid left, Ceela notes that the creatures ever shifting form rotates past other recent scars and even a tattoo that she recognizes of one that is popular amongst Nerien seaman. It seems as if the beast, once struck, retaliates by absorbing its assailants.

As if on queue, the puddle of filth filters away in a mercurial pool collecting at the base of the portal to be absorbed by the door guardian...

Hllan
Regular
Regular

Post by Hllan » 03/18/16

Steps lightly towards the Fugue, she has been wanting to partake of it's calming and relaxing nature. She had just came form the Gala her new project and it had been a frustrating day. Having her mind in another place she moves up to the door her hand out to take the knob for opening it. Her eyes glimpse the....thing just as her ears register the sound of it. Her small slender hand jerks back as she recoils.

"What the Vith!" A soft hiss from her into the dead of the night. Taking a few more steps back she looks at the thing. Unsure and uneasy. Standing there for just a few more minutes taking in the horrid sight, she turns and worriedly thinks "I hope Lord Maelgrym and his Lady are okay, and not trapped with in that."

As she slowly walks away she looks over her shoulder once, her dark teal eyes showing her disgust.

Maelgrym
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Re: Beyond the Fugue (Fin)

Post by Maelgrym » 03/30/16

((My apologies. We ended up resolving this in game. Closing thread))